PDA

View Full Version : Chrno Crusade Contiued!?

CrimsonDee
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:38 PM
I hope people will agree with me on this,
i totaly love Chrno Crusade!
Fansubs is the only way i can actually continue watching anime, seeing that i live in the UK.
Please Please, along with Mezzo DSA can Aone continue fansubbing Chrno Crusade too? I've always found the Aone fansubs the best, please continue Chrno!

Thanks ^.^

Yakuza
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:48 PM
I would tend to agree. Continuing to sub Chrno Crusade would be great, but I think they've already made up their mind. However I don't see much point in dropping one lisenced series while keeping others. RoD TV has been lisenced sinces before its inseption, yet that is still covered by AonE. Why not Chrno Crusade, especially since were practically in the middle of the series?

I can't agree on Mezzo DSA. I'm glad its being dropped, the show is horrible.

Koyuki
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Isn't Chrno Crusade licensed?

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:12 PM
yeah chrno crusade was recently licensed, but supposedly [dont know if this is ture] AonE is/was doing some other licensed anime. i have to agree that if they are doing that they should keep chrno crusade as well, but like yakuza said, they've most likely already made up their minds on this issue.

Everon
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think they're dropping it like an au pair babysitter. cG, AJ are also dropping, so I think aniKraze is the only one left.

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah a-kraze and animesuperx is starting where cG left off at 16...

The problem with AonE is not that it is licensed it is mainly that it was ADV

yallo
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
huh what's wrong with ADV?
they bite or something? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

damn and the series was getting exciting too... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

BigR
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
AonE only drops series' licensed by ADV, because they rquested they do so. Since R.O.D. The TV is licensed by Geneon (formerly Pioneer), and they haven't requested they drop their titles, they continue to subtitle it.

complich8
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:14 PM
ADV and Bandai both .... ADV told aniverse ircops to bitch at us and tried to sue the original channel founder back when we were on aniverse, 'cause of some old stuff we had already dropped. But we got the message, they don't like us.

Bandai asked fansubbers (including us) to stop subbing their licensed stuff, namely gits and gseed. Chatting with Jerry Chu (Bandai's marketing director) has led to us having the impression that they don't mind us doing stuff they don't own, but they want us to leave their licenses alone.

Chrno crusade, you're likely to see ep 15 in an irc-only release sometime in the next week or so, because we've mostly got it done... but after that there won't be more from us.

Insomniac
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:01 AM
ugh, i wouldnt really care if chrno crusade was licensed at the end of the series but right now at the middle? whats up with that!
wont even get to see the end of the series and its not even that far away.

Errorrrr
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:03 AM
GOD DANG IT.... WHy DOES ADV LIcense CC??? this is just.... stupid... and tHEY also LIcensed Maburaho... GOD DANG IT!! i HATE ADV i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif they should go license some hentai!

complich8
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:31 AM
licensing isn't so bad. It means dvds are on the way, and possibly TV airtime (chrno crusade on TV? how crazy is that!). Sure, TV airing means dubs which have the potential to be terrible, but it also means that the original purpose of fansubs has succeeded: this stuff is available to us in a legitimate form. It's great! Sure it inconveniences you, but it's still ultimately good for the industry as a whole, and while damaging the availability of a specific series in the short term, helps to increase the availability of anime as a whole in the long term.

... on a side note, Maburaho and Mezzo are both about as close to hentai as you can safely get without pissing off parents i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. And chrno 14 had more than one instance of someone's face buried in some girl's rack i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

Errorrrr
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Heh still, i never want to hear anime in ENG.... why can't they just do anime like foreign films... with orignal sound... and subtitltes? (*cough* fansubs *coughs*)
english voice actress is HORRIBle... good dubs/eng seiyuu comes only from the hentai company... ADV should learn a thing or two from those hentai company... Bandai is so much better... .hack's voice is soo fitting... god i luv asian company i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Ja~

Iznogoud
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Well usually you get the option to use subtitled original version
I think it's cool that good animes get licensed soon , that means we'll get them quicker.
But please nothing from dynamic vision(suckass!)...
3 episodes on a 20$ dvd, with cheap translation.

Koyuki
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Sub version is usually better because they give they're heart in to it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Everon
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
animesuperx? never heard of them.

Munsu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 05:07 PM
it was just formed for the cause

intense
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:15 AM
whats the site for animesuperx????

Munsu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:46 AM
They have none and there is no reason for it since they dont have any releases and they dropped CC.... unless you want to wait for their Sailor Moon release

Zodiac_Sign
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I dunno why people are cussing on ADV. They're doing the anime industry a big favor by licensing good shows. Considering the slew of really crappy releases getting licensed nowadays, I'm glad that there are some distributors who still know what good anime is.

I work for FYE and we sell anime DVDs. Maybe I'm the only guy happy here that Chrno Crusade actually got licensed because I got another title that I can recommend to people. I think fansubbers especially AnimeOne are doing a great job spreading anime to the masses. But don't go flaming the people who are trying to get what they earned. You cheapskates who wouldn't spend a dime on other people's blood and sweat should just pick another hobby.

Posts like, "GOD DANG IT.... WHy DOES ADV LIcense CC??? this is just.... stupid... and tHEY also LIcensed Maburaho... GOD DANG IT!! i HATE ADV they should go license some hentai!" make me sick!

NewGuyinTown
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Isn't AnimeJunkies subbing Chrno Crusade, too? There's already an ep16 for AnimeJunkies.

[edit]Sorry AJ is AnimeJunkies i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:17 AM
AJ sucks... i'll just wait for other groups

Munsu
Fri, 03-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Sorry to double post...

Anime-kraze is about to release episode 15, so i'll just wait for 16+ from them... just to some of you that they are still releasing

hoob
Fri, 03-26-2004, 12:57 AM
I don't see why some people complain and bitch about a series getting licensed...Sure I understand that you love it and all...but if it got licensed then something was done right and we'll eventually see it on DVD. Isn't that the idea of fansubbing? To sub something until, hopefully, it gets licensed and we can show true support for it? Cause if you're bitchign about this company and that licensing good anime, you're probably just pissed that you won't be able to get it for free as easily.

Munsu
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:33 AM
Well that's up to everyone... i really dont care what people think about the issue and wont waste my time analyzing what other people think about the issue... I'll just go around my business without concerns

Anyways.... A-Kraze just released episode 16 for those of you that want it

Forgotten
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:26 AM
A-Kraze is back in business !

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Where can i find their site (or whatever they use)?

Neko Sniper
Sat, 03-27-2004, 06:52 PM
http://www.anime-kraze.net/ This is the home of Anime -Kraze i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Sat, 03-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Yep... just follow that link... more specifically

http://torrent.anime-kraze.net:6969/ for torrents

http://xdcc.anime-kraze.net for xdcc list

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Banned!
Sun, 03-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Anime-Kraze is going to continue on subbing C.C. or r they stoping at 16 cause 17 is out RAW

Neko Sniper
Sun, 03-28-2004, 02:24 PM
As far as I know they are going to sub the whole series to the end.

dormcat
Mon, 03-29-2004, 04:43 AM
Although I appreciate the works done by Anime-Kraze, I have to say that there are rooms for improvement for them. Their jumping karaoke subs in OP is a bit annoying, and AonE's water-wave subs in ED is matched by no one. AonE has better contrast as well.

I still remember when AonE and Anime-Kraze were sort of 'competing' for "Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~" I downloaded both for comparison. Anime-Kraze clearly made some mistakes in the ENGLISH part of ED theme song (Set forth for the rainbow -- set 'foot' on the rainbow?!).

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 03-31-2004, 06:42 AM
i just want to step in for the people that hate to see things liscensed before completion, you guys say, "they're bringing good anime out to america" well they are, and thats a good thing, but what we know as americans, ALL americans, know to 98% certainty that ALL american business decisions are driven by profit, and when things are driven by profit and does as a means of securing cash, it has no heart in it, they dont put their foot in it, they do it the best way to keep profits up, cheap and fast, fansubbers do waht they do for free and they care about what we like to see, thus fansub quality sometimes and often surpasses the "professional quality" of these dvd releases, one thing i will give them is they have better vid quality with pro editors and a direct copy of the raw eps., but they usually do half assed jobs of subbing and not only that, but they usually do low budget dubs, in which the voices sound like those of some HOBO off of the street they paid 5 bucks and a donut to speak the lines into a mic., now the only thing i can really say is, i hope they do a good job, dragonball z, cowboy bebop, witch hunter robin,lupin the 3rd and some more were all well dubbed in america, but then theres the other failures for instance kenshin's voice from Rurouni Kenshin and Vash's voice from trigun which were just horrible enough to make me despise watchin the anime on cartoon network, thank god i had the fansub versions already, all im sayin is, its fine and dandy that things get liscensed, but i personally would rather see the entire thing fansubbed then have it get liscensed so if they screw it up, at least i've already seen it

Banned!
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:06 PM
wat do u mean Kenshin voice and Vash voice were horrible huh i thought there voices were good cause they were funny and they fitted to be in that role cause Vash was funny casue he does stupid reckless things at times and Kenshin is funny cause he gets beat by everyone else like Karu,Sano,Megumi,Yaihiko,etc.

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't see why some people complain and bitch about a series getting licensed...Sure I understand that you love it and all...but if it got licensed then something was done right and we'll eventually see it on DVD. Isn't that the idea of fansubbing? To sub something until, hopefully, it gets licensed and we can show true support for it? Cause if you're bitchign about this company and that licensing good anime, you're probably just pissed that you won't be able to get it for free as easily.

i semi agree here. ROD TV and GITS SAC have been licensed since they aired. Aone did ROD TV in full, but we got stopped on GITS SAC i think at 20. Does this bother me? No.

I plan to buy ROD TV 1(with book) and GITS SAC LE 1(with box) when they come out in june.

I can see why some people don't want things to stopped being subbed, due to licensing, and are either to cheap or don't have the money to buy the DVD's.

But i would take a DVD over a lot of things. I can't wait to see GITS SAC in dvd form.

I agree with dormcat, i just don't like the people calling pioneer,bandai,media blasters,ADV(well i join in most ADV bashing) bastards and the like, they put out anime for you to buy. If you have trouble waiting that long, just get the DVD rips when some group release them.

Hyuuga Hinata
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I dont mind anime getting licensed and all but can they do it after the series?

And most of the time the dvd's suck cause only some here in the netherlands have the option of japanese audio. And all the dubs especialy kenshin and trigun they just make me puke.We got to pay a lot for crap over here about 30 euros a bit more then 30 dollares for 3 crappy dubs :@

If the released dvds all had an option of japanese audio then i didnt mind at all.But i wont forgive them for licensing right in the middle :@

lionheart1012000
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:22 PM
its ok when anime is licensed in my opinion....but only when its licensed after its finished. mostly because i dont have the money to afford dvds, even though they're only 20 dollars.

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:59 PM
they seem to be licensing big money titles before they even air now

Zodiac_Sign
Sat, 04-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Here's my take on this issue.

If you have a problem with anime getting licensed in the middle, it's your problem. These companies don't have a time table for leechers. How stupid do u think that is? Also, let's imagine a scenario (although in all likelyhood, they won't even think that far). Your fansubbing group is subbing an anime series and they happen to lag behind a little bit. Do you think the companies should think "damn, these fansubbers have exams so they're a little behind on finishing the series. Let's not get it licensed yet and wait till they're done with it. When will that happen? Who knows prolly in their free time or something".

If its not ok for them to license an anime in the middle of your viewing, then pick another series. There are plenty of free stuff out there still available. I'm a little biased because of my job in the distribution center and of course I want all the good animes to be available to consumers as soon as possible. But yes, there are plenty of stuff out there already. You should be thankful that you're still able to watch anime for free. Don't expect everything if you're not going to donate something in return.

Also, I don't find too many things wrong with the anime dubbing. There are occasional dubbing jobs that don't match, I admit to this. For example, the Crest of the Stars. I do wish they had done a better job on that title. But in any case, most people don't complain about them.

complich8
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:04 AM
something that more people should realize is that we're here because the dvd licensing companies and japanese tv stations haven't been irritated enough by us to make a concerted effort to make us cease to exist, or at least to make our lives a lot more uncomfortable and our existences a lot more demanding of anonymity. We operate in the open because Bandai and ADV and Geneon and TV Tokyo suffer us to do so.

I'd rather see have bandai sell me dvds than prosecute me. I think they share the same sentiment.

As a fansubber, there's always a small element of paranoid expectation ... when are the dvd companies finally going to turn and bite us, and how hard? For you as a leecher, it's not a big deal... you're their target audience anyway, if you've got 20 bucks to blow. And if you don't, no big loss. They're never going to pull an RIAA and decide that they want to sue you for downloading. But it's always possible that they can turn around and target us, and I'd really rather not see it happen. Blatantly disregarding the wishes of the copyright owner doesn't seem like the logical path to not pissing them off, you know? That's precisely why we don't do bandai and adv stuff. They told us not to, so we don't.

Lego
Sat, 04-03-2004, 05:45 AM
I'd rather see have bandai sell me dvds than prosecute me. I think they share the same sentiment.

if only more people would take your words to heart comp.

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-05-2004, 03:44 AM
If someone were to choose between AJ and AK, which is betteR?

Munsu
Mon, 04-05-2004, 04:18 AM
a-kraze... i never waste anytime downloading AJ... I hate their translations... so i wont even try AJ

complich8
Mon, 04-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I know that I'm going to be watching a-kraze's. Zerox20 would probably never forgive me if I chose aj over his group i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

yenlowang
Tue, 04-06-2004, 12:06 AM
heh if i had a few million dollars to burn i would start up an anime distribution company and hire the Aone crew to do the subs.

seriously you guys should put in aps to these companies once you grad.
your portfolios are excellent

Munsu
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
A-kraze released 17.... go get it

Edit: Awesome episode... my favorite so far so i suggest you get it as soon as possible

narutosharingan
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Just to let people know...AJ just got disbanded. So they are done with it.

Longbowwing
Mon, 04-12-2004, 04:13 AM

i definitely disagree what you say

tell you one thing, i will buy anime DVD, as long as i think it is worth it the cost. right now, many people told me to buy anime DVD with crap quality and crap cost and etc...

As a fansubber, like Aone they should continue subbing Chrno Crusade even they are license. because you start a project. it is great to see get it done till the end and that is good.

right now all i want is like Akraze will get this done. and there are another new fansub doing Chrno Crusade which is [A-Re], i dont know how you guy compare the encoding and the subbing. all i know we have 2 eng fansub doing chrno crusade.

which make me feel little bit better. of course, if Aone continue this project, it will be even more great. but the chance of Aone to re-continue this project will be almost none.

lionheart1012000
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by: Longbowwing

i definitely disagree what you say

tell you one thing, i will buy anime DVD, as long as i think it is worth it the cost. right now, many people told me to buy anime DVD with crap quality and crap cost and etc...

As a fansubber, like Aone they should continue subbing Chrno Crusade even they are license. because you start a project. it is great to see get it done till the end and that is good.

right now all i want is like Akraze will get this done. and there are another new fansub doing Chrno Crusade which is [A-Re], i dont know how you guy compare the encoding and the subbing. all i know we have 2 eng fansub doing chrno crusade.

which make me feel little bit better. of course, if Aone continue this project, it will be even more great. but the chance of Aone to re-continue this project will be almost none.

so that means that you wouldnt mind payinga hefty fine if you were the one fansubbing it while licensed?
i seriously doubt anyone is that foolish.

Longbowwing
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:45 PM
they gonna license everything, it is just sooner or later

if they really making a lawsuit against me while that time, i am a fansubber....i will just change to another name and continue the project.

if i know how to do fansub and other thing. i can just rally other friends of mine, to start group ourself already. instead of voicing my opinion here.

of course, for my opinion, Aone should make another secret group, then quickly finish the project and close the group again.

such as Haro Haro, they finish off gundam seed, then quickly close the group. that how is it.

lionheart1012000
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:04 PM
dont be so naive (not sure if its spelled right) the companies will just get someone to track you down. it can be done.

complich8
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
sneaking around like that is kinda lame. While we like the series, pride is one of our biggest motivators. If you have to hide and can't take pride in what you do, it becomes hard to motivate yourself to do it.

I've personally been involved with 3 "underground" projects which we only did for ourselves. 2 of them completely died, and one of them took a massive amount of brute force of will (and me doing 2 jobs and pushing people a lot on the last 3 eps) to get done. The highly motivated people who make the release quick and good kind of dry up and do something else, once they can't put their names on it anymore.

If I were in the driver's seat (which I'm not at the moment, thankfully i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) I'd never put that sort of pothole in front of the tires unless it was a VERY short run. and by "VERY short" I mean like .... 3-4 eps tops, with two of them already in process.

Lego
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:20 AM
sneaking around like that is kinda lame. While we like the series, pride is one of our biggest motivators. If you have to hide and can't take pride in what you do, it becomes hard to motivate yourself to do it.

I agree here. Like laughing man fansubs did with GITS SAC, they tried to be underground, yet someone made a channel for em. Even if we were underground, some dumbass would go, " YOU HEAR ANIMEONE IS DOING A ADV LICENSED ANIME?!?!" and we would get them on our backs.

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
I suggest for someone to close this thread since is pointless to discuss the dilema of aone continuing the series... So lets close this thread... and start a new one to simply discuss the new episodes because they were very good... especially the last one (17)....

Neko Sniper
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:06 AM
I have to agree here. This whole thing is getting nowhere, why not start discussing about the latest episodes. I have to admit I liked epi 17 too. meow! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah, ep 17 was great, liked the part where the demons fought. It keeps getting better and better this anime. At first i thought it wouldn't be much, but darn, it rocks.

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Yep... the action scenes where the best so far...

But I dont want to get back on the discussion of the licensing, but I have to say this...

*****Spoilers just in case*****

With all the stigmata issue I wonder how much problems it will cause for ADV to distribute this series in America since it is certainly a controversial issue... especially for a series targeted to young people

yenlowang
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:08 PM
since when do ADV target young ppl?

the titles they pick up tend to cater to the 16+ crowd
and if you cant handle a little stigmata at 16 then meh you ve got serious issues

Munsu
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Episode 18 is out by a-kraze for those interested

lionheart1012000
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:10 AM
thx for the heads up *run off to leech.*

Neko Sniper
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:45 PM
lol..Rosette sure can't dance, what else can I say. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I'm really curious about epi 19 and I hope Ani-kraze is releasing it soon.

Kamikaze_Jeanne
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah!
I'm also looking forward to ani-kraze's next chrno crusade release!
I live in Sweden, it's a kind of "no-anime-land".
The only animes here is, like, pokemon, digimon, sailor moon and hamtaro...
And we have very few manga too...
So I'm very happy tha fansubbing sites on internet exists! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DraGunZer0
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Is no one having problems connecting to Ani-Kraze's bit files??? I'm always using MircX to get my bit files and all the Ani-Kraze bit file links never start up my bittorent but the other bit links work. Anyone have a solution to this?

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:12 PM
yea they finaly released it bout time though

Neko Sniper
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Heh..you could say now that quality needs time but oh well i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hmmm...sorry DraGunZero but no I haven't.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:48 PM
never had a prob with them before, i always usually dled my files in about 10 or 15 minutes

Kamikaze_Jeanne
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Heh, how fast!
It take at least 2hours for me...
Oh, and to DraGunZer0, you should install bittorrent again and see if it works

Munsu
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Chrno Crusade episode 19 is out by animeforever for those interested... go and download

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:43 AM
good eps just watched it

Munsu
Tue, 04-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah me too... this series keeps getting better and better... people where saying that it was going down hill around episode 10, but this last couple of episodes have been nothing short of spectacular

Neko Sniper
Wed, 04-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Ani-kraze has just released their version of episode 19. You can grab it here (http://tracker.anime-kraze.net:8080/). i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Wed, 04-28-2004, 11:21 PM
If you want Azn-Project released episode 20..

Neko Sniper
Thu, 04-29-2004, 09:18 AM
The RAW version to epi 21 is out as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

narutosharingan
Thu, 04-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Chrno Crusade episode 19 is out by animeforever for those interested... go and download

WHere can I get the torrent for animeforever?

Munsu
Mon, 05-03-2004, 11:19 PM
http://www.squiggywiggy.com/

they also released 20 and 21

Aeon
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:41 PM
I just watched ep22 from Anime Forever (http://animeforever.ddrmaniax.net/downloads.php), sad episodei/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Aeon
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry to bump up a old thread but the final episode was too sad not to discuss.

Spoilers if you haven't seen the final episode yet.

This was the first sad ending to a anime where I felt a little bad, the part where Rosette was telling Chrno how she didn't wanna die and that she just wanted to live a bit more was sad. Rosette and Chrno seeing the Sunset was touching too bad they died afterwardsi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. I would have atleast thought they would have buried Chrno next to Rosette but the way teenage Az was talking to the grave I guess they put them in the same casket.The worst thing of all is that Rosette lost her life for nothing since it was all for her to get Joshua back yet she never actually got to see him. No come to think of it the worst part is that Aion is still alive while Satella isn'ti/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Any news on the release of ep 24 by AnimeForever?