PDA

View Full Version : Berserk

Pages : [1] 2

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I saw the 25 ep of Berserk and thats sooo nice!

But i don't like how it finish...we dont even know why Gattz is the only one that survived!..

if someone could clear me this please! thx!

oh, and how did you like that anime?

Who's your favorite character?...mine is Judeau and gattz!

A mysterious warrior calling himself The Black Swordsman is out to get the King of a country called Midland. As he battles the king`s henchmen, their cries of pain and the spilling blood take this relentless warrior`s mind back in time to the path that led him to his current state.
On just any day, a pack of hooligans are harassing a young lady in distress when all of a sudden, they`re under attack. The Black Swordsman has returned. He wields a giant sword as large as his grudge against the king. When alone in the woods, the Black Swordsman has a flash back to years past and his trials and tribulations in the Band of the Hawk, a successful band of mercenaries under the charismatic leadership of Griffith, a man driven by the ambition to become king.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Well first of all, i would like you to read the manga since it continues even after the end of the anime and keeps getting better and better for every year that passes by... Oh, by the way, they only release 2 mangas a year...

Gatts and Caska are my two favorites. As well as Puck, but i won't tell you about him since he only appears in the manga.

After reading the manga (which i did before i watched the anime) i liked the anime mighty much, but now i see the flaws in the anime, but i still listen to the music while reading since it is great. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

My tip to you, read the manga. And please do read from the beginning since the anime is censured and re-made in a lot of ways. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:44 PM
I would like to read, but not from the beginning lol..its really too long but if you can tell me what chapter or manga that is the 25 ep of berserk i would apreciate thx!

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:06 PM
The manga starts totally differently and is like that på like three vols, then he comes back to when he was young where his tale also is somewhat different from the anime and gives you the "true" image of his past as well as the reason to why he doesn't want to be touched (which i don't think is presented in the anime)...

Some fights and some talk is also different... As well as at the end of the anime there is nothing that is alike (almost nothing at least)... You get to meet plenty of more characters as well as see more fights and stuff...

Well, if you get the point, you'll miss "too" much from the true story to fully understand everything if you start from the scene where caska... well well.... "Nothing has happened, don't look over here" = Quote from South Park....

Do not, i repeat, do not start at the ending of the anime... I was thinking of doing the same as you are thinking right now, but because i didn't i am now a very happy Berserk-fan and also a happy man i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DO READ FROM THE BEGINNING i/expressions/devil.gif

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I dont quite remember but if you dont want to read the begining maybe start between vol. 12-14... i forgot which

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:45 PM
If you do not want to read from the beginning, do not follow this persons advice, 12-14 is far beyond the ending of the anime. But i won't tell you where you should start if you don't want to start from the beginning since it would totally spoil the manga "not" starting from the beginning....

Saruto
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
If you do not want to read from the beginning, do not follow this persons advice, 12-14 is far beyond the ending of the anime. But i won't tell you where you should start if you don't want to start from the beginning since it would totally spoil the manga "not" starting from the beginning....

Lol you really whant that i read berserk from the beginning hein? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Well okay...maybe i will do this...but first i don't know where to go for the manga dll on bittorrent and i'ts maybe tooooo long lol...how many chapter and how many pages is in a chapter?

Saruto
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey guys!, i would like to know a great place where to download manga of berserk from the beginning to the end...thx !!!!!!

itachi_
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Berserk is boring after you've seen it three times... it's kinda boring.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:13 PM
www.downloadanime.org has like from 3-26 or something like that. But finding the 2 first (maybe 3 first) will be hard since it's being licensed from the beginning... So these vols are like ilegal or something like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

But hey, if you're not from US, i guess there won't be any probs. Just download it from DC++

That's like the only way i know of to get them all... Or find a friend with FTP and Berserk from the beginning and just start downloading.

By the way, there are right now 26 vols out in japan, but there are also on the net chaps of vol 27 (like 6 chaps or something), so now you also know how much there is so far...

By the way, double-posting isn't allowed, but i guess it's partly my fault for not noticing that you asked for help. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

>>>Berserk is boring after you've seen it three times... it's kinda boring.<<<

That's why you start reading the manga which is the best manga ever to find out what happens, and get more excitment. I don't think i've read a single chap of the manga which was bad or halfassed.

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:15 PM
does berserk beat naruto?

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Any time dude... First watch the anime, only to jump over to the manga and start from the beginning to read all the things they kept from the anime. And also the fact that the manga is much longer is great because the ending of the anime builds it up so you want to see more.

Saruto
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by: Sharingan 3y3
does berserk beat naruto?

i prefer naruto but berserk is really good too!!!

thx shinjy ikari!!!

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:23 PM
No worries, anything for those who want to read or watch Berserk i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:45 PM
dude my only opinion, nothing can beat naruto , whether some ppl like it or not but naruto is the best anime EVER!!! nothing can beat it

Munsu
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Considering long series

I would put up Hunter X Hunter and One Piece anytime against Naruto...

I like Naruto... but it's not the best... still very good

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Beserk was one of the first REAL Anime shows i watched... to bad the ending sucked

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Berserk against Naruto?
you gotta be kidding us...
The diffrence between Berserk and Naruto is the same as the distance between Naruto and Dragon Ball...
Naruto is a cool addictive anime, but it falls short in almost everything compared to Berserk, maybe Naruto is a tad funnier, but Berserk also has it's moments, and they come at a good Timing (hinting towards Naruto 210), and don't mess up everything.

if you think Naruto charecters are messed up...
then think about Kare Kano compared to Narutaru, there's that much distance between the animes...

if I had to scale the animes, Berserk would be 9.5 (siding With Trigun and KareKano, and a few others) while Naruto would be tipping the 8.5 grade (along with Kenshin, but below HxH).

It's not that i don't like Naruto, but i prefer Berserk anytime...

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Well if i put it this way. The Berserk manga crushes the Naruto manga any day, but on the other hand, the Naruto anime rocks out the Berserk anime any time... This might be hard to comprehend, but after watching Berserk and also reading it, you will know what i mean.

And no one, no one could get any cooler than Gatts in Berserk, (the main character). He is the collest main character i have ever seen without a doubt... And don't take me wrong here, i've watched 50 anime series (i think), and some movies... But Gatts still takes the price.

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: Sharingan 3y3
dude my only opinion, nothing can beat naruto , whether some ppl like it or not but naruto is the best anime EVER!!! nothing can beat it

What anime have you seen? There are definately better ones out there in my opinion. Naruto is like a lot more childish compared to Berserk which is dark and serious.

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 07:13 PM
lol nothing can beat naruto?

*withoholds flame*

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:30 AM
A few animes that are far beyond Naruto in class is:

Grave of the fireflies
Now and then here and there
Rurouni Kenshin
Noir
Escaflowne (The Movie)

There are more, but what the heck, no need to mention them.

Knives122
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, i think Inuyasha is somewhat better than Naruto

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
actually, i scale Naruto above Inuyasha...

IY could have been great, but it was wasted on filler episodes and other crap (Inuyasha's gand really doesn't have to stop and fight every damn demon they see... and i don't think Japan has enough space for all those demons...), and since they stayed in the same spot for almost 150 episodes (not much changed between the charecters) i don't believe we'll see any True plot twist...

Rumiko is still under the influence of Ranma 1\2, she's keeping all the cherectrs the same, even the arc with the demon ninja (Tsukiyomi and houshiyomi), which had a potential to become the same as Gaara\Naruto arc, ended as nothing important...

oh, but that's just what i think. anyways, inuyasha is a cool anime, and i guess the manga is even better.

Munsu
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
yeah... i like Inuyasha also... but there where some arcs and some pointless episodes that shouldnt even been made.... at least a-kraze released 143 and 144 last night... time to watch them

gokudagreat
Tue, 04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
lots of animes are great, but the way Naruto always fights and overcomes adversity and that great music, i just dont know if anything beats that...

bwabes
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Um...Naruto is a pretty good anime, but the plot as compared to many other anime shows out there is rather shallow. I know I'm going to get jumped by all the Naruto fans, but the plot is only slightly deeper than DBZ, and there are many other animes with better animation.

I can already see the Naruto fans howling for my blood...

Stoopider
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Berserk anime is okay. The manga is definitely better. Much much much better.Correction. Hell lots better than the anime. You should definitely read the manga. The anime is old now, but it was alright considering for its time I guess. Comparing to the quallity of nowadays anime, it falls short of expectation right from the very beginning. Sad. Also the anime doesn't quite capture the story line as good as the manga, and does not explain anything about the phenomenons.

However Berserk storyline I would commend as amongst the best I've read around so far.
------------------------------

I consider Naruto amongst the top 5 or top 10 in my book. However Naruto anime can be extremely extremely draggy to the point of frustration in some episodes. Either than that, it would be excellent. I agree with Gokudagreat. THe Directing and the infusion of the music is top notch. Very few animes can compare.

Dont agree with you there Bwbabes. Naruto has definitely more indepth in characterwise(Definitely characterwise!!) and it's world surrounding. Whereas DBZ, it's exactly like Inuyasha that frustrates, everything comes down to Son Goku or Inuyasha to kill off the ultimate baddie. And the suckiest part is always, 'There is always some stronger fighter'... Especially after Goku becomes THE STRONGEST FIGHTER. Gets very irritating. You might argue that it comes down to the 'Chakra' or 'Kii' battles at the end that makes it so much like DBZ. We've yet to see however. I hope not.

Inuyasha. My God! When are they going to kill the baboon head idiot.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Everyone will have a slightly different opinion, so there can never be a 'best' anime/manga. EVER. That's the beauty of art and literature i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I liked Berserk a lot, wish they had gone further with it. My current favorite active anime is Naruto, I also enjoy One Piece quite a bit. If I had to pick my all-time fave anime series, it would probably be Cowboy Bebop because it was such a cool mix of accomplishments (art/music/plot/characters/pacing/eccentricity). I had fun watching Abenobashi Magical Shopping district too, that was pretty wild. Escaflowne the series was good, but the movie was basically a disaster. I never could get into Kenshin because I didn't like the art, the voices were annoying, and I couldn't find anything about it that interested me. Noir was alright. Lain bored me to tears, literally. I've never seen a series where people stared into space with blank expressions for quite so long.

But, as I said .. all just opinions. Like what you like, screw what anyone else thinks.

ssjtaylan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:13 PM
berserk manga >> berserk anime
and if they made the rest of the manga into an anime it would own all -_-

kyubisrage
Thu, 12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Will berserk ever air anymore. Follow ep 25 or 26 i forgot? The manga is still going but i dont know why they stopped the anime. Anyone know?

A mysterious warrior calling himself The Black Swordsman is out to get the King of a country called Midland. As he battles the king`s henchmen, their cries of pain and the spilling blood take this relentless warrior`s mind back in time to the path that led him to his current state.
On just any day, a pack of hooligans are harassing a young lady in distress when all of a sudden, they`re under attack. The Black Swordsman has returned. He wields a giant sword as large as his grudge against the king. When alone in the woods, the Black Swordsman has a flash back to years past and his trials and tribulations in the Band of the Hawk, a successful band of mercenaries under the charismatic leadership of Griffith, a man driven by the ambition to become king.

ryan92084
Thu, 12-30-2004, 05:33 PM
no, because they hate us

Board of Command
Thu, 12-30-2004, 06:06 PM
No Berserk is done. The show was just to advertise for the manga.

kyubisrage
Thu, 12-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Thats a stupid reason to take it off. Just cuss it was a temp advertise for manga. Big deal wasnt the show doing real good. I want to see the rest they ended it stupidly!

complich8
Thu, 12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
actually, they painted themselves into a somewhat sticky corner, storyline-wise...

At the end of the anime, Gutts is in a really, REALLY bad situation. And it just kinda stops.

If they continued, they'd have to introduce a character that they left out of the anime entirely, but that's an important character and the reason that Gutts lived through the situation at all. But they didn't ever introduce that character, so that deviation trapped the anime in a "can't logically progress" state.

I've heard talk of what they _could_ do ... but if any more Berserk anime is made, it'll probably be OVA's of specific plot arcs. . It couldn't be aired on TV at all, most likely, because that manga material is WAY darker and WAY gorier than the series arc.

There's also a new game coming out, for PS2. I've seen the Korean trailer, and it's sweet-ass looking. But I don't think there's any plans to bring that to the US either... which is totally lame, because it looks like a really great game.

In any case, the manga is rockin', and not that hard to find. Hell, you can buy it in US bookstores these days (at least the first 5 volumes of it -- vol 6 hits stores on the 12th of Jan). But check the manga out, and see if you honestly believe that that stuff could be animated and aired on TV. I don't.

g0at
Fri, 12-31-2004, 12:14 PM
there wont be another season or anything. i dont think it matters much since the part that they did show was the best part of the manga anyways.

theblakeman
Fri, 12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Stop whining about the anime and be grateful the manga exists.

kyubisrage
Fri, 12-31-2004, 09:04 PM
oh shut up asking questions isnt whining.

kAi
Thu, 01-06-2005, 07:14 AM
actually i was in some channel on IRC and some guy reckons they will have a season 2 of berserk, and that it is in production now but i haven't heard or seen anything on it so it is very unlikely. also that it will continue from where it left off, but as ccomplich8 said it couldn't work properly with the reasons he has given.

the guy reckons by the end of the year, but i'm not really sure if it will.
i'm actually leaning to not getting a season 2, but who knows, i read the manga anyway and i rather the manga over the anime, but it would be good to see it done.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 01-06-2005, 02:40 PM
It can never be good cause how can a second season be good i Puck isnt in it....

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Well this is what I have heard... The creator of the manga isn't too kean on doing any second season or any other kind of follow-up. But, it is also said that if he were to make it into an anime it would happen after the manga is finished.

kAi
Fri, 01-07-2005, 02:16 AM
well the manga wont be stopping anytime soon, so heh, a long time to go.

anime050
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Really? The manga isn't finished yet?

Who's still doing them then? As in translating them.

kAi
Fri, 01-07-2005, 10:15 PM
well i get the raws until a translated volume is out

the www.hawks.org translate volumes, and evil genius do chapters

?igma
Sun, 02-06-2005, 02:50 PM
I just watched Berserk for the second time, this time with some friends who had not yet seen it, and my complete believe was that the ending was absolutely briliant. The music, the athmosphere the sheer exitement of the question "when?" WHEN will Guts kill Griffith???. But it never happened. At first I just walked down the stairs and sat down on the table, staring at the black screen of the tv. For an hour.
Slowly I started thinking about what had happened, what was the goal of the makers to create such a horrendous ending, while the manga provided more than enough material for 5 followups.
I came to the conclusion, it was their purpose to shock the audiance and in that purpose they had very much succeeded. The ending of Berserk became my favorite of all times. Such an emotional shock had never been created by any anime. NGE didnt even come close.

So I watched it again, swearing to my friends that the ending was absolutely briliant. In my enthousiasm creating too much hope maybe, but I didnt notice. The anime itself was almost a standard "oldy", Looking handdrawn (maybe it was completely) and with lots of blood, but the ending mightve been a bit too much for them to comprehend, since it took me about 2 hours to fully figure it out to my satisfaction.

I am happy to be still alive.

My question to you..Am I the only one that thinks Berserk has a great ending ?

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Yes you are.

Nah, but really, the ending fulfilled it's purpose which was (probably) to shock the audience, as you say.
But an audience-shocker is nothing I'm a fan of. I want conclusion. I want things to fall together, in one way or the other.
In other words, I got the manga a few days after. Having read it, I find myself enjoying the anime ending more... but if I knew there was nothing more to it than what the anime shows, I'd hate it.

Judeau ;_;

kAi
Mon, 02-07-2005, 02:47 AM
the manga is a must read, there were so many people who were pissed off with the ending but it was a good one.
it makes you think of what is going to happen or what does happen.

anime050
Mon, 02-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I thought they ended it that way because the second season was canceled o_O.
I think I've heard someone say that s1 was supposed to be about his past and s2 would be about Guts looking for Griffith or w/e.

Anyhow, I didn't really like the ending. I needed soemthing to conclude, for something to register in my brain that "It was over" , but it wasn't like that. It kind of left me on a cliffhanger.

I tried reading the manga, but I just can't stand reading that stuff. Animated stuff looks so much sexier.

lordks
Wed, 02-09-2005, 03:52 AM
Well the ending.....I've never seen it.......cuz i just cant call that "the Ending"
maybe the ending of the first part?

O well too bad they never really finish this great anime.......

?igma
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok well, that makes it quite obvious that at least 4 to 1 dislike the ending , that makes me a minority i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Wed, 02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
nope... i liked the ending.... i think it left a great inpact on the viewer... still letting the viewers know that Gutts journey is just getting started...

now, would I like a sequel to be made??? that's another subject... and the answer is of course....

Stoopider
Thu, 02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Ending? It really sucked balls if you don't have the manga. Because it created a great void of 'WTF'-ness at the end.

?igma
Thu, 02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
yes the WTF'ness actually is what I'm referring to as WOW FUCKING GREAT ENDING i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, not that Im a depressed person or anything, but really ..no anime ever had that impact on me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Thu, 02-10-2005, 08:19 PM
watch Saikano

Fri, 02-11-2005, 12:24 AM
if every berserk fan lover put in a dollar, and everyone berserk fan lover + ending hater pitched in an extra dollar, the money would b enough to run a country....

if not... at least the anime producers to finish season 2...

if not... at least fuel the hearts of anime producers to know how much we love Berserk

complich8
Fri, 02-11-2005, 01:53 AM
how about if every berserk fan just went out and bought the dvds, and bought legit copies of the manga as it comes out?

Think that'd send a message?

(hint for those that don't know: you can pick berserk up for $50 for the whole series at rightstuf's weekly specials right now. The manga can be got at amazon for $10-$11/volume, 6 volumes are currently out... and volume 7 is due out in april).

(hint number 2: if you watched berserk, proclaim its greatness, are a region-1 viewer, and don't own the dvds or any of the graphic novels, you deserve to be sliced in half and have your entrails fed to dogs, unless you remedy the situation i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif).

?igma
Fri, 02-11-2005, 02:50 AM
I buy every DVD of every series I like, but not all make it here i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Divinity
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:40 AM
I've tried searching the forums for news on the anime, but I couldn't find any.

I was wondering if they will ever animate the rest of Berserk?

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-10-2007, 02:00 AM
no plans exist, and i think it will be a long, long time before they ever do... if they do...

but for those who know, the Berserk manga is more than enough.

Divinity
Wed, 01-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Just finished the anime today in 1 day.... And I must say.... It is definitely in one of my top animes to watch... Poor Caska got tentacle raped though... Sad how everyone died though..... Now to read the manga!

Munsu
Wed, 01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
As said before in this thread, I would start from Volume 1, there are a couple of details ommited in the anime that are important in the manga. The story is good, so you should have no trouble.

kAi
Wed, 01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh nice, another Berserk reader, well be sure to come by the manga thread in the General Manga section, although coming now you'll get spoiled hardcore, wait till you've caught up.

Also, start the manga from the beginning as it differs to the anime a little.

Divinity
Wed, 01-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Is there a free online manga site like there is for naruto? Or where can I download them?

NeoBear
Wed, 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
A warning bro I think you want to try the manga section of the site before the angry people show up and start talking about your intellect good luck

kAi
Wed, 01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Is there a free online manga site like there is for naruto? Or where can I download them?
mangatraders.com has all the manga plus many others.

Windice06
Sat, 01-13-2007, 11:10 PM
the way the story started in the anime is quite different from the manga. In the anime, the man said something about "the land becoming miserable after Griffith became king." I wonder what happened to the other characters who already showed up in the manga.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I just started watching this anime and I don't see what all the excitement is about. It's a pretty bland and trite series so far (seen through ep 4). You have your usual anime cliches, pretty weak action, average animation of characters and fight scenes, and there seems to be no point or plot, and the homo-erotic relationship between Guts and Griffith isn't helping. Is it worth seeing the rest of this series?

animus
Fri, 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes. Though the manga is where this series really shines.

YaGaMi
Fri, 07-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Don't judge Berserk after 4 episodes is all I'm saying.

Darknodin
Fri, 07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I just started watching this anime and I don't see what all the excitement is about. It's a pretty bland and trite series so far (seen through ep 4). You have your usual anime cliches, pretty weak action, average animation of characters and fight scenes, and there seems to be no point or plot, and the homo-erotic relationship between Guts and Griffith isn't helping. Is it worth seeing the rest of this series?

yes... by the end, you will look back on these words, and think it was heresy

Uberbaka
Fri, 07-20-2007, 09:30 PM
If you ask me, no. It's not worth watching _unless_ you've read the manga or if you have the active intent to read it.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Now, now, all this hype is the reason Animeniax is doubting it in the first place. Yes, the manga is better (because it doesn't end where the anime does, doesn't end at all apparently).

Unequivocal, Unbiased Review:
Berserk is an epic. The manga starts in the middle, very traditional for epic series, but the anime doesn't have time for a lot of the intro. There's a very short scene in the very beginning of the first episode. The remainder of the anime is all flashback. We see Guts develop into an adult from an adolescent. It's an epic of betrayal, camaraderie, politics, loyalty, and combat. If you get attached to the characters, you can really empathize with their emotions and situations. Reading the manga (of which the series is a direct scene for scene excerpt) you already know what's happened, and yet you still get dragged into their story and sentiments.

The animation is ugly because the series ran from 1997-1998. If you get a good dvd rip, it's better looking than Evangelion, which aired a year earlier. Speaking of the dvds, the dub is actually quite superb and the outtakes are some of the most beloved work in dubbing.

As for the "homo-erotic relationship between Guts and Griffith," it's just one-way, and something that the dub outtakes make fun of...a lot.

It's by no means perfect, but remember that the anime is but a fraction of the ongoing (and unfortunately recently declining) epic that the manga has become. Berserk is a true epic in the most literal definition of the literary style.

?igma
Sat, 07-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I think you should see them both as seperate parts, so much got filtered from the manga, yet so much tension, in my opinion, got added to the Animé. The manga ,although pretty serious , is set in a fantasy realm, where the Animé should be seen as a political setting, with the occult added to it. ( there's blood in both though ^^, alot of it )

I was trashed when I saw Berserk and after it sunk in, I totally loved it. The manga offers far more indepth information, with far more side"quests" and far more characters, but I understand why the Anime did away with them.

They would've caused the series to drag on far too long and it would lose the tension that builds up towards the end.

This is entirely based on how I see it, so this may not go for you.

And I never got the feeling of homo-erotics.. there's this feeling of unbreakable trust, faith, almost worshipping, but definately no pink flowers and waving hands.

Uberbaka
Sun, 07-22-2007, 12:19 AM
You say it would drag on towards the end, the anime doesn't really end.. It just.. stops. At a point where you really don't want it to.

?igma
Sun, 07-22-2007, 04:22 AM
You say it would drag on towards the end, the anime doesn't really end.. It just.. stops. At a point where you really don't want it to.

Possible spoiler, drag your mouse to read it if you've already seen the animé.

No you're wrong, it's probably the best ending in my history of Animé ever. I'm excluding NGE, because I hate Shinji , but the ending was goddamn shocking to me. You want Guts to rip them apart, you expect him to rip them apart. Instead he's just another sacrifice without power.

Brilliantly executed. From the first till the last episode, Gut's is put in like the man, he can fix anything and then in those last three episodes, everything gets shattered.

I think it's the best ending the animé could have, but it's not for carebears who want their Pokemon endings :)

YaGaMi
Sun, 07-22-2007, 10:14 AM
?igma I know what you mean by getting a dark ending instead of a fairytale ending, since the anime was close to the manga's storyline at time of release is why they ended it there. If there was a second season in the future they've got to clear up the mess of not including spoiler and especially another spoiler who if you ask most people who have read the manga believe is the biggest cock up in the anime.

animus
Sun, 07-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Edited out the Spoiler, heh.

This is the anime version for Berserk. Please don't include spoilers from the manga.

YaGaMi
Sun, 07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Apologies for including names. Although I didn't feel they were spoilers but sorry anyways.

?igma
Sun, 07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Isn't he spoiling by quoting you ? *confused*

animus
Sun, 07-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I edited it out. Forgot that it retained it.

?igma
Sun, 07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
No worries, I know you basically haunt these forums :P expected a quick fix.

Darknodin
Sun, 07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I started reading the manga (after watching the series) but it felt different. even though it doesn't technically end, i feel that the series is complete. (although i wouldn't mind a second season)

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 04:13 AM
I didnt really notice much difference between the two. If they actually continued the anime, I would have probably preferred that over the manga, but then again Ive always been an anime over manga person (if the plot is the same).

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
There are huge differences in story.

Edit: This is a very stupid edit because the whole point of my message was to make shinta realize the differences.

Going back and forth between saying yes there are no there are not won't really make any difference. But who am I to differ with the all-mighty-pigs of admins? Oh well.

animus
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Like I said to YaGaMi, please remove your spoilers. This is the anime version of Berserk, not the manga. If you want to discuss certain things of why something didn't appear in the anime do so in the correct thread.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Which thread is the correct thread? I created the Berserk thread in the manga section, and I hope you are not refering to that thread, cause I made it for the sole purpose of getting people to discuss the manga, NOT the anime.

?igma
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I didnt really notice much difference between the two. If they actually continued the anime, I would have probably preferred that over the manga, but then again Ive always been an anime over manga person (if the plot is the same).

It's like heaven and hell..difference that is.

Munsu
Thu, 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I think it would be fairly easy to make ammends to the manga omitions in the anime. Most of the beginning volumes of Berserk are not necessarily essential to the story, the ommited characters can be introduced differently without a problem to make the story make sense.

I mean... the excuse that the anime missed some plot elements and some characters as reason as for why the anime can't continue is dumb. Those are easily fixable, and would hardly cause any problems with the story continuing.

The problem with the continuation has more to do with the companies being a bunch of assholes.

?igma
Thu, 07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
In a sense what you say is true, the ending of the Anime is pretty much an exact manga copy, they could introduce the characters after and pick up where the manga left.

I think that if they'd do that we would soon have another Naruto. filler after filler, because they catch up to the manga. No it was a wise plan to finish where they did. If they'd want to pick it up at some point, they should wait untill it's completed.

However, the experience of the manga versus the anime, is one huge difference.

YaGaMi
Thu, 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
In a sense what you say is true, the ending of the Anime is pretty much an exact manga copy, they could introduce the characters after and pick up where the manga left.

I think that if they'd do that we would soon have another Naruto. filler after filler, because they catch up to the manga. No it was a wise plan to finish where they did. If they'd want to pick it up at some point, they should wait untill it's completed.

However, the experience of the manga versus the anime, is one huge difference.

I think it's possible to create more anime episodes, all they have to do is end it at the end of the arc just before the current one (similar to HxH), so there won't be any fillers BUT people may still complain.

Idealistic
Mon, 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-09-27/new-berserk-anime-project-launching

Is this legit?!

Belial
Mon, 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
BEST NEWS EVER if it is... tho its still probably gonna be unfinished since the manga is "ongoing" and no end in sight with a chapter or 2 each year ><

Penner
Mon, 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh. My. God.

About fucking time!

Zati
Mon, 09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Whoa! That's spectacular news! I don't care what part they're animating, just to see and watch more Berserk is going to be phenomenal.

MFauli
Mon, 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
OMG!

Best anime-related news of the year!

I dont really care about the fact that the manga is far from finished. There´s so many big arcs that have to be done before coming close to catching up, and there´s always the possibility for GOOD filler-material. I mean, with one episode per week, they probably could keep the anime running for 5 years without break. And that´s 5 years where the Berserk-manga proceeds (yes, it really does, even if it sounds unbelievable :D).

So when do we get more news on this Young Animal-website?

Pandadice
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
So is this confirmation on this (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=17523)?

Carnage
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I came. This is the best news I've ever heard. Ever.

Archangel
Mon, 09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
So is it a sequel or a reboot? I never watched the first one, which is why i ask.

Carnage
Mon, 09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
HOPEFULLY they do a reboot. If you haven't read the manga yet, go read it now. It is the greatest ever.

Atheist
Tue, 09-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Best news ever, it better be true!

TheBladeChild
Tue, 09-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I hope its a full reboot thats true to the manga. They probably could get few seasons out of it since the manga so damn long.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:46 AM
i literally have no words to express my sheer joy at this news.

i'm almost about to cry. seriously.

MFauli
Tue, 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo

Im close to crying. This is...beautiful...

Now even the last person will realize how pathetic the last few years of anime have been when finally a true top-show is coming to a release. Damn, cant fucking wait.

mage
Tue, 09-28-2010, 10:10 PM
It's interesting that they show that specific fight as it could mean a whole reboot and not a continuation.

Idealistic
Tue, 09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
The original art style was nice imo, although for some it's old. I hope the new one isn't a let down. Can't tell too much from just that, but it does look decent so far.

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Ok so i finished watching and i gotta ask, where's episode 26? Cause i sure as hell didn't see an ending on episode 25.

mage
Wed, 09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
There isn't an ending, it just cuts off. Read the manga :)

Carnage
Wed, 09-29-2010, 02:12 AM
And be sure to start all over, because the manga is several times better. The anime also cut out many, many things.

Sam98034
Wed, 09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
The first episode is what happens after episode 25...so the in between stuff is going to be a mystery for anime viewers. Anyways, I don't think they can be entirely faithful to the manga...some of the stuff is too mature. I'm thinking about the part with that cult.

masamuneehs
Wed, 09-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Ok so i finished watching and i gotta ask, where's episode 26? Cause i sure as hell didn't see an ending on episode 25.

ah, i remember this sentiment so well... must have spent hours on end searching for episode 26.

and then i found the manga...

Idealistic
Wed, 09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Really? I thought the way the anime ended was awesome. Gave a big WTF(in a good way) and holy crap I want more! It made me believe the guy in episode 1 was Griffith or something and that's just how it all goes until I heard/read the manga.

Sam98034
Thu, 09-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Same here. The ending was absolutely bad ass and left you hanging like no other. It's like the ultimate WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!? moment and then everyone is screwed and dead...but wait...how in the heck did the first episode...he fought his way out?!? MUST READ THE MANGA!

Pandadice
Fri, 10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html site streaming some commercials.

CM1 is the one that was already posted. But CM2 is fresh.

CM2 is definitely like all CGI. but even so, it doesn't look that bad.

MFauli
Sat, 10-02-2010, 08:07 AM
so good

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Carnage
Sat, 10-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh my god CM2 looks amazing.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
What are you doing advertising Berserk, Gackt?

That said, I *could* hear him voicing Griffith...

mage
Thu, 10-07-2010, 02:13 PM
CM05 has been out a few days now, shows Skull Knight. He looks pimp.

MFauli
Thu, 10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
absolutely great. i also hope that the music used in these short spots is an indication for the new anime´s soundtrack. i think it sounds similar in tone as the old anime´s.

Genma
Thu, 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Not sure how I feel about this...

Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted Berserk to continue its anime, but what I've seen so far worries me. Caska covered in leaves? Weird CG of Zodd? Is this going to be aimed towards kids or something?

I also disagree about the music, Mfauli. I was cringing every time I opened a new short video, and I'm not sure I could compare it to something as amazing as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jua1BLaeSpc).

I know I'm probably overreacting. Then again, I'd probably be skeptical no matter what they decided to do with the series. The old Berserk anime is one of my favorites of all time (also my first "mature" anime as a kid), and if it wasn't for the manga I probably would've never read a manga in my entire life.

I'm incredibly skeptical but hopeful.

(As a side note, I actually started re-reading the manga about a month before this was announced. I hadn't read it since like 2006 -- weird coincidence.)

MFauli
Thu, 10-07-2010, 06:50 PM
well, to me the music of these cms sounds similarly weird as the tunes in the original anime. not totally the same, but imo it captures the same mood.

What Im still scared of is what exactly we will get out of this. A movie or movies would suck, since a 1,5 hours movie once in 1-2 years cannot cover anything. OVAs would be okay if we get one like every month. But in a perfect world, we´d get a weekly, long-running series.

Parkalash
Thu, 10-07-2010, 07:35 PM
From the stuff you get to see in the short teasers you can tell that there are stuff, that happens after the original anime, and things changed, example the leaf's thats caska is covered in, thats in the manga, and then ofc skull knight, but that can be after the original anime or from stuff they are adding that wasnt shown. And im not a big fan of CG effects in anime ruins everything.

mage
Thu, 10-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The CG looks well done enough to me, and Caska being covered in leaves is most likely because it's a commercial that airs throughout the day. There will probably be censored/uncensored versions.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
movies would be ... ... both logical and disappointing. there just isn't enough Berserk in my life, but it needs to be done right. no, wait, it needs to be done, period....

I also disagree about the music, Mfauli. I was cringing every time I opened a new short video, and I'm not sure I could compare it to something as amazing as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jua1BLaeSpc).

I know I'm probably overreacting. Then again, I'd probably be skeptical no matter what they decided to do with the series. The old Berserk anime is one of my favorites of all time (also my first "mature" anime as a kid), and if it wasn't for the manga I probably would've never read a manga in my entire life.

it's very strange, because as much as I enjoyed the first anime, I've never felt the burning need to go back and watch it again. but hearing the music again really hit me about how damn good the first anime was. and i'm in the exact same boat as you. without Berserk, I don't think I'd have ever read a manga either.

one of the things about the first anime was how nicely the world and characters were crafted to compliment each other. there's a real minimum to the j-pop, and everyone just feels right at home and harmonic. there's no attempt to force-blend anything into the medieval era, not like half the steampunk or modernday-ancientfighter bullshit that's accounted for so much anime in the past ten years....

the first anime was sorta pristine up until around the Eclipse. it was just this straight-forward medieval era story with a slight undercurrent of supernatural. not much humor or sexual fanservice or epicly slow pacing at all. so i'm a little unsure how this new thing is going to walk the line. i'm not very keen on it being a 'Rebuild' kind of deal...

Marik
Wed, 01-05-2011, 04:30 AM
The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of an adaptation of the entire story.

Berserk to Get Theatrical Anime Film in 2011 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-05/berserk-project-to-be-theatrical-film)

Belial
Wed, 01-05-2011, 05:08 AM
you have got to be fing kidding me... all that hype for nothing ><

Penner
Wed, 01-05-2011, 08:24 AM
the 2011 film will be the first part of an adaptation of the entire story.

I wouldn't call that nothing lol

Atheist
Wed, 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmm I was hoping for a new series, or maybe an OVA.. I wonder how they will implement the first arc in a movie. There's a lot going on in the first arc, it's impossible to show everything in 1.30h.. right?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-05-2011, 08:26 PM
They can just do the Haruhi thing and make it almost 3 hours.

Carnage
Wed, 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I think you guys may be misinterpreting the information:

the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011

Its going to start with a theatrical film, doesn't mean there wont be OVAs, a series, or more films after. And who says the movie will cover the entire first arc? The description say "the first part of an adaptation," not first arc.

MFauli
Thu, 01-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Um...I dont get you guys´ disappointment.

We´re getting a movie, like the NGE Rebuild-series, with either more movies or a follow-up OVA coming thereafter.

Sure, a long-running, weekly tv-series would have been the best, but this is still great. More Berserk = great! :D

minneyar
Fri, 01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
If they made a TV series, they would have to censor it for TV. Making a series of movies means it won't have to be censored (well, any more than Japanese laws already require), and the animation budget will probably be higher, too. Sounds like a win to me.

KrayZ33
Fri, 01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Sure, a long-running, weekly tv-series would have been the best

would it? I don't think so

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
More Berserk = great! :D

this is true, except for...

If they made a TV series, they would have to censor it for TV.

this. especially with them cracking down on what's "socially acceptable" content for anime and manga.

to me it just feels like maybe it isn't the right time for someone to come out and try to really make a balls-to-the-wall stomach-churner like Berserk into an easily digestible commodity. i'd love to see more Berserk animation, but watered-down Berserk would make me furious.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Berserk to Get Theatrical Anime Film in 2011 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-05/berserk-project-to-be-theatrical-film)

I'm getting more of a Hellsing OVA vibe out of this. Maybe every 6-12 months release about 90 minutes worth. At that rate, it will take forever to catch up.

Carnage
Fri, 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm getting more of a Hellsing OVA vibe out of this. Maybe every 6-12 months release about 90 minutes worth. At that rate, it will take forever to catch up.

Not at the rate by which the Manga is released, lol.

Marik
Tue, 07-05-2011, 11:49 PM
This year's 14th volume of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine is announcing this week that the Berserk anime film will open throughout Japan next January. It also confirms that Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5) is directing at Studio 4°C. Warner Brothers Japan is distributing.

The official website for the film will open on July 15. Some theaters will be showing a teaser trailer, and Good Smile Company will make a figure which will be unveiled at this summer's Wonder Festival. A Berserk clear file comes with this week's Young Animal issue.

Source: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-07-05/berserk-film-slated-for-next-january)

Pandadice
Thu, 07-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Toshiyuki Kubooka? Working Through the Pain was good, and I'm not sure how "Unit director" differs from the regular director, but Shanghai Dragon was also good. But his only directing experience is in those two short films? I find that a little concerning... However, he has shown competency in the things he has down, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

Marik
Fri, 07-08-2011, 12:49 AM
1st Berserk Anime Film's Title Revealed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-07/1st-berserk-anime-film-title-revealed)

Archangel
Fri, 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Wait... it's a fucking remake? Are you kidding?

Carnage
Fri, 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Wait... it's a fucking remake? Are you kidding?

What were you expecting? Im glad they are starting over, and this time at least it will continue on past the Golden Age Arc. Im only disappointed because now it seems as though it will skip the first 3 volumes.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Didn't the original series already skip the first arc?

bagandscalpel
Fri, 07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Didn't the original series already skip the first arc?

Original series started with the Black Swordsman arc and played up till Guts slew the snake baron before it cut into the Golden Age arc starting with young Guts killing Bazuso.

Colette was skipped, Slug Count was skipped.

Archangel
Sat, 07-09-2011, 05:54 AM
I fucking want that fairy arc animated so damn bad...

Marik
Tue, 07-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Berserk's Golden Age Arc to Be Made Into 3 Anime Films (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-12/berserk-golden-age-arc-to-be-made-into-3-anime-films)

MFauli
Tue, 07-12-2011, 09:12 AM
best anime related news of the year

Idealistic
Thu, 07-14-2011, 10:02 AM
New 30 second berserk trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g)

Kraco
Thu, 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Looked like plenty of CGI from what I could judge after one watch. Not that I necessarily mind.

Carnage
Thu, 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
This looks fucking amazing I cant wait holy shit this will be the greatest anime production ever

Archangel
Thu, 07-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Animate the black swordsman arc you fucks! :/

Sam98034
Sat, 07-16-2011, 02:24 AM
New 30 second berserk trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g)

That looks awesome. I can't wait for this thing. Anyone else think it'll become the #1 anime? Or is it too adult?

Belial
Sat, 07-16-2011, 08:33 AM
The masses love moe shit, this will never come to #1 unfortunately

and the trailer looks crazy good, wish i could watch the movies in the cinema

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-17-2011, 05:35 AM
" Berru serru ku"
türkiye version

cant wait!

Pandadice
Thu, 07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
The masses love moe shit, this will never come to #1 unfortunately

and the trailer looks crazy good, wish i could watch the movies in the cinema

Sure, that's definitely applicable to the Japanese fans who actually buy dvds/see movies etc. But when it comes to the internet/world fandom opinion, moe doesn't necessarily hold up so well. FMA:B is #1 on AniDB, #3 on ANN, and #2 on MAL. LoGH (Possibly the farthest show from moe imaginable?) is #3 on AniDB, and #4 on MAL, but unfortunately not even top 10 on ANN. Gintama takes #1 as well as #3 on MAL (split first season second season thing), and #5 on AniDB, and yet is another one not even top 10 on ANN. However, moe does still break through (If Haruhi is moe. It is, isn't it? What is moe anyways?). Haruhi movie is #1 on ANN, #5 on MAL and #2 on AniDB. And Clannad:AS (okay, even if Haruhi isn't, Clannad is definitely moe) is #2 on ANN, #6 on MAL, and #7 on AniDB.

So, apparently I guess ANN is bigger on moe than either the AniDB or MAL communities. But even so, if we can safely agree on these 5 titles I've listed as a general top-5 anime titles, then it's still 1 sci-fi/space opera/political drama, 2 shounens (FMA is shounen, right? Maybe leans a little more seinen than Gintama though), and 2 "moe" titles.

I've relied on AniDB, ANN, and MAL (I figure when triangulating the 3 you can get a pretty good idea of whats considered the top 10), but if you guys know another large-scale community/database with top-ten rankings then please share and we can compare the numbers to these sites.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Haruhi and Clannad have moe elements, but they are not top tier because of that.

Haruhi is (was?) innovative in its presentation with great direction and production values. It also had a fresh postmodern premise. It also broke the music in anime mold with the band episode.

Clannad is a really touching story that masterfully tugs at the heartstrings. The music was also absolutely excellent, and the characters had depth.

I am confident that these Berserk movies will reach high ranks if done well, just like how the Rebuild of Evangelion movies are getting well received thus far.

Belial
Fri, 07-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Sure, that's definitely applicable to the Japanese fans who actually buy dvds/see movies etc. But when it comes to the internet/world fandom opinion, moe doesn't necessarily hold up so well. FMA:B is #1 on AniDB, #3 on ANN, and #2 on MAL. LoGH (Possibly the farthest show from moe imaginable?) is #3 on AniDB, and #4 on MAL, but unfortunately not even top 10 on ANN. Gintama takes #1 as well as #3 on MAL (split first season second season thing), and #5 on AniDB, and yet is another one not even top 10 on ANN. However, moe does still break through (If Haruhi is moe. It is, isn't it? What is moe anyways?). Haruhi movie is #1 on ANN, #5 on MAL and #2 on AniDB. And Clannad:AS (okay, even if Haruhi isn't, Clannad is definitely moe) is #2 on ANN, #6 on MAL, and #7 on AniDB.

So, apparently I guess ANN is bigger on moe than either the AniDB or MAL communities. But even so, if we can safely agree on these 5 titles I've listed as a general top-5 anime titles, then it's still 1 sci-fi/space opera/political drama, 2 shounens (FMA is shounen, right? Maybe leans a little more seinen than Gintama though), and 2 "moe" titles.

I've relied on AniDB, ANN, and MAL (I figure when triangulating the 3 you can get a pretty good idea of whats considered the top 10), but if you guys know another large-scale community/database with top-ten rankings then please share and we can compare the numbers to these sites.

the problem with this is that people who decide what anime to adopt next and how many of what will there be in a new season only care about ratings / dvd (merchandise) sales, so Berserk can be #1 on all the big sites and still be canceled and we will continue to see more and more moe :)

Marik
Wed, 08-24-2011, 03:27 AM
2012 Berserk Film Trilogy's Main Cast, Staff Listed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-24/2011-berserk-film-trilogy-main-cast-staff-listed)

Cast:
Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga (Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Moyashimon (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=8063), Kamen Rider (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3773) OOO)
Griffith: Takahiro Sakurai (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=5039) (Toriko (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12306), Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6704), Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12368))
Casca: Toa Yukinari (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=94245) (Grey's Anatomy dubbing, Naruto Shippūden (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7293))

Staff:
Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7732) (Batman: Gotham Knight (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10174) episode 5)
Screenplay: Ichiro Okouchi (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=26763) (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Naoyuki Onda (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1279) (Gantz (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3641))
Animation Director: Satoshi Iwataki (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=40034) (Toaru Majutsu no Index (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10044))
Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=311) (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=910)), Goki Nakamura (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=15279) (Cat Soup (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1011)), others
Art Setting: Mitsuhiro Arita (Final Fantasy XI), others
World Setting Supervisor: Kenichi Iwao (Final Fantasy XI/XIV)
Western Swordsmanship Coach: Jay Noyes (Final Fantasy XII)

Marik
Thu, 09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
The Twitter account for the Berserk franchise announced on Friday that the official site is streaming two television commercials for the 36th manga volume and the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler) film. The "Kiss Kiss" and "Sore Dokoro Ja ne!" commercials began airing in Japan at Friday at midnight.

Kentarou Miura's 36th manga volume is shipping on Friday, and the first film in the three-part retelling of the Golden Age arc of Kentaro Miura's manga will open in Japan next January. Viz Media is publishing the 35th manga volume this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2GaxlyNvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POaFuuuwgV4

Kraco
Fri, 09-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Still early to judge based on a couple of very short teasers, but pretty smooth looking animation. The CGI incorporation didn't look bad either. For once the CGI looked as good as in games, not much worse like it's in too many anime. I guess they have had some serious money to invest in this production.

MFauli
Fri, 09-23-2011, 03:56 AM
I can see how some might not like the CG-parts, but I think they look mightily fine, not even nearly as crappy as the usual cg-stuff in anime. Looking so forward <3

Archangel
Fri, 09-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Casca doesn't look like casca in the first trailer.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
the CGI is awesome, smooth and imho realistic movements and not over-the-top like in Mecha animes.
take the rider scene for example, or when Guts tries to parry that overhelming blow and ends up loosing his balance

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 09-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Really disappointed in the voice cast. Both Caska and Guts just sound wrong. Will be really difficult to addapt when you've seen the series and heard their voices whenever you've read the manga.

Janice
Fri, 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Something about Casca's eyes in that trailer makes her look like an old lady.

Marik
Tue, 11-01-2011, 04:49 AM
The official website for the Berserk anime film project announced on Tuesday that the Yahoo! Japan website began streaming the newest 110-second trailer for Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler). The new trailer features the ending theme song "Utsukushikumono" by the Japanese-American singer Ai.

The first film in the three-part retelling of the Golden Age arc of Kentaro Miura's manga will open in Japan on February 4.

Original Yahoo! Japan Link (http://ch.yahoo.co.jp/warnerbros/index.php?itemid=217)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMOS3YDCSE

MFauli
Tue, 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Love the music.

Don´t know about Cjasca´s new va.

Kraco
Tue, 11-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I have a feeling the fights will be a sight to behold.

Archangel
Tue, 11-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Fun fact about Casca's old VA

Yuko Miyamura

Asuka Langley, Casca, etc.

Fans managed to identify her (by her teeth and other characteristics) in “SM Erotic Experiences for Two,” an old amateur fetish AV from her student days. Her image amongst these fans was irreparably ruined, although she managed to retain the Asuka role.

I have a feeling the fights will be a sight to behold.

I don't know... i can picture those few bad CGI moments ruining the whole flow of the battles.

Carnage
Wed, 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Im not sure how I feel about the music, but this is damn well the best animation I've ever seen for any anime or anime movie by 12 fucking long shots.

Archangel
Wed, 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Im not sure how I feel about the music, but this is damn well the best animation I've ever seen for any anime or anime movie by 12 fucking long shots.
Someone needs to watch Redline.

Idealistic
Wed, 11-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Love the music.

Don´t know about Cjasca´s new va.

Love the music as well, and it's been awhile since I heard Casca's original VA so this new one sounds just fine to me.

Trailer looks awesome. It didn't have subtitles at first, but due to extreme levels of awesome I had to rewatch it and the dude added subtitles.

Marik
Tue, 11-22-2011, 05:53 AM
The staff for the Berserk anime film project confirmed on Tuesday that the second and third films in the Golden Age trilogy will also open next year after February 4's Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago (Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler).

Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen II: Doldrey Kōryaku (Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey) will open in June and run for about 100 minutes. As the name implies, this installment will focus on the epic battle by the Kingdom of Midland to retake Doldrey Castle from the Chuder Empire.

Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) will open later in the year and run for about 110 minutes. In this film, the story "delves nonstop into the abyss of dark fantasy."

The first film will be about 80 minutes long and have 1,114 cuts. The second film will have 1,257 cuts, and the third will have 1,591 for a grand total across the entire trilogy of 3,962.

Berserk Anime's 2nd, 3rd Films to Open in 2012 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-21/berserk-anime-2nd-3rd-films-to-open-in-2012)

MFauli
Tue, 11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Good, show Gainax how it´s done!

Carnage
Tue, 11-22-2011, 12:23 PM
What is a "cut"?

Marik
Tue, 11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
What is a "cut"?

In the post-production process of film editing and video editing, a cut is an abrupt, but usually trivial film transition from one sequence to another. It is synonymous with the term edit, though "edit" can imply any number of transitions or effects.

The cut, dissolve and wipe serve as the three primary transitions. The term refers to the physical action of cutting film or videotape, but also refers to a similar edit performed in software; it has also become associated with the resulting visual "break".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_(filmmaking)

MFauli
Tue, 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
I think we all know what a cut is. What I don´t get is why it´s important to mention it in this news text. I´ve never read an info like that before.

Marik
Tue, 11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
What I don´t get is why it´s important to mention it in this news text. I´ve never read an info like that before.

They're trying to show just how epic these films will be, I guess.

Alhuin
Tue, 11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I think we all know what a cut is.

What is a "cut"?

And for the record, I was unsure as well. Never overgeneralize...

So in reference to the anime (since it's been so long since I've seen it), how much is being covered?

Kraco
Tue, 11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
They're trying to show just how epic these films will be, I guess.

Normally when you say a film has lots of cuts, it means either draconian censoring or ruthless shortening of the film like, for example, in Return of the King's theater version. Neither really makes a film more epic... But then again, we are talking about the Japanese here. They can be hard to understand.

Belial
Tue, 11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
so 290 minutes total, that's something like 14 episodes of material

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Never overgeneralize...

So in reference to the anime (since it's been so long since I've seen it), how much is being covered?

from the number of "cuts" per minutes, it really almost has to be the definition in the wikipedia article, about "cutting from one camera angle to another". that really tells us nothing about how many scenes there will be, how long they'll run, or what things may or may not be omitted.

it sounds like this will take us from the beginning of the Golden Age to the Eclipse. ...which is cool... but it's also pretty much EXACTLY the same time period that the original anime series covered. i won't argue though. more Berserk is more than fine by me!

Carnage
Thu, 12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Perhaps for now they're being cautious on how much they wish to release because of Miura's unpredictable release schedule?

Marik
Tue, 01-17-2012, 05:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=rHDVGT2AD5Y#!

Ai, a Japanese singer born in Los Angeles, began streaming the short version of the music video for "Utsukushikimono," the ending theme song for the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago anime film, on Saturday. Ai is the first female musical artist involved in the Berserk franchise, and this song is her first one written for a fantasy work. The song will later appear on Ai's album Independent.

Archangel
Tue, 01-17-2012, 06:22 AM
It certainly has a different feel to it than the first series did. Then again this is only the beginning of the golden age arc, where everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Kraco
Tue, 01-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah, the old series was foreboding, fateful, and gloomy from the very beginning. I hope these movies aren't going to lose that edge, because, in the end, this is a story of war, slaughter, murder, betrayal, sacrifices, and revenge. It needs an atmosphere to go along with that all.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Is that woman supposed to be japanese? Her voice and pronuncation sucks! I hope to god we won't hear any of her on the actual movie.

Archangel
Tue, 01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Ai, a Japanese singer born in Los Angeles
Reading, how does it work?

David75
Tue, 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Stopped watching around 30s
Thought it was a new Disney animation movie...
I seem to concurr to Kraco's and Shinji's posts, adding a Lion King feeling that does really clash with the Berserk I like/know.

MFauli
Tue, 01-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I disagree with the "clashes with the original´s mood"-sentiment in here. They´re spreading the plot of the origina anime over several movies. IF they manage to make appropriate mood changes at the right time, it could turn out even more powerful of an impact on the audience. And really, the beginning of Berserk IS not that dark. It´s about Guts finding his dear friends, growing closer to the band of the hawk and, in a weird way, enjoying his life. I mean, the beginning definitely is the brightest, lightest part of the whole series, anyway.

What I´d complain about the above trailer is that some of the wide angle-scenes look badly computer-animated. Close-ups are fine, but when you have these wide open, big scenes with hundreds of characters, it starts looking worse. Still, doesn´t lower my excitement for these movies in any way.

Kraco
Tue, 01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
IF they manage to make appropriate mood changes at the right time, it could turn out even more powerful of an impact on the audience.

I won't try to deny that, but my personal problem is that even if that period was happy in comparison to the later times (or even the ones preceeding it), I'm worried that too big a mood change would set this part of the story apart from the rest, breaking the bigger picture. For various reasons the old series had the foreboding feeling hanging above it, and I'd wish not to lose that.

Belial
Wed, 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
1:40 Caska looks so bad it hurts my eyes, hope that is an exception ><

here is to hoping that the OVAs / series after the movies won't be CGI

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5135/clipboard02ka.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/clipboard02ka.jpg/)

other then that i can't wait to see it

Carnage
Wed, 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
My only beef is the fucking disney soundtrack.

Other than that, everything 11/10 flawless victory. The mood is just right for those scenes, there are moments in Berserk that should seem somewhat magical. The golden age had some fairly lighter moments with brighter scenery. This arc should be dark, but it doesnt have to be grimdark until the 3rd movie (Are spoilers allowed in this thread?).

Janice
Fri, 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM
http://muhootsaver.tistory.com/1401

Berserk Blu-Ray box apparently came out 1/18. Didn't know about this at all. Comparisons: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1974614

Archangel
Fri, 01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Looks like ass, i'll be keeping my dvd rips.

kAi
Sun, 01-29-2012, 05:43 AM
I don't like the animation style! and some of those scenes were horrible.
The original series has a better look to the series, more gritty and medieval (which is the setting).
Although, this is just through previews will wait for the final decision when it's released.

As Kraco mentioned "For various reasons the old series had the foreboding feeling hanging above it, and I'd wish not to lose that. "
I hope it doesn't lose it either.
The soundtrack for the original Berserk TV series was awesome.

On another (great) note, new Berserk chapter should be out within the next couple days.

Marik
Mon, 01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZNCd62XLc&amp;feature=player_embedded

Kraco
Mon, 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Looks interesting, even if too bright and jolly on the surface. Based on the narration of that trailer, the cruelty of fate hasn't been forgotten, at least, so many times I heard the word. I think I'm going to enjoy it.

MFauli
Mon, 01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Most important news to get from this "trailer" is that animations are very smooth and carefully executed. In other words, the CG looks worse on still pictures than it does in motion. However, I find the skin, or rather, the faces of all the characters to be kinda lacking detail. It´s fine during that evening-scene, where there are lots of shadows. But it looks a bit cheap during bright day.

Now, best news (to me, anyway) is that you can hear music in the background that is basically the same style as of the original anime´s. This bizarre, unsettling music played a huge part in making the Berserk-anime such a unique experience, and I´m glad it´s back.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 01-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Now, best news (to me, anyway) is that you can hear music in the background that is basically the same style as of the original anime´s. This bizarre, unsettling music played a huge part in making the Berserk-anime such a unique experience, and I´m glad it´s back.

Yeah, most definitely sounds like Susumu Hirasawa's work; VERY happy to know he's composing for this.

Pity about the plastic-skin on everybody. Heck, even the PS2 game cutscenes capture the mood better.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Apologies for the double-post, but I bring you content!

First ten minutes of Berserk Golden Age I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgcHdTb8t4

MFauli
Fri, 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Soldier masses look rather bad, buuut I like it. But holy crow, did they seriously alter the original story? The whole band of the hawk watching Guts as he defeats the big guy? I hope they know what they´re doing, if they don´t want to screw up later scenes (not that I think it matters if they see Guts there for the first time or meet him, as originally, when Korkas tries to rob him.

kAi
Fri, 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
No, the Band watched him defeat the big guy (Bazuso) in the original story.

Edit: Volume 4 of the Manga.

MFauli
Fri, 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Ah, alright. Need to re-read the manga some time anyway. Then I find it weird, though, that Korkas approached Guts that recklessly, knowing what the boy is capable of. Even with his backup of arrow shooters. Oh well.

Marik
Fri, 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=U8NDDzEeNAI#!

Los Angeles-born pop singer Ai posted her music video for the song "Utsukushikimono," the ending song used for the film Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler, on YouTube on Friday. The film is slated to open in Japanese theaters on Saturday. The five-minute music video is comprised entirely of footage from the film.

Belial
Sat, 02-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Best thing about the first 10 minutes is seeing Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, Schierke and of course the Skull Knight gives me hope for the future of the series be it ova or tv, i just hope they don't stick with the CGI because i just can't get used to it, Guts vs 100 solders won't be nearly as epic if done anything like this battle :(

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 02-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Ah, alright. Need to re-read the manga some time anyway. Then I find it weird, though, that Korkas approached Guts that recklessly, knowing what the boy is capable of. Even with his backup of arrow shooters. Oh well.

Not weird at all, that's what instigates his descision to attack Guts. Korkas is arrogant and spouts shit about him wanting the reward for Bazusou and having the skills to take him down too if he wanted but that now they were on the same side. When they later see Guts, Korkas sees a good opportunity to prove his strength with the guy who did in fact beat Bazusou and take the reward handed down to Guts.

Marik
Mon, 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=kHyYarEe3os

MFauli
Mon, 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Btw when can we expect to get the first movie (with and without subtitles)? It has already been shown in Japanese theaters, hasn´t it.

Marik
Mon, 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Btw when can we expect to get the first movie (with and without subtitles)? It has already been shown in Japanese theaters, hasn´t it.

May 23rd.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1326/berserkdvdbluray.jpg

Parkalash
Thu, 05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Any news? need it now :(

Archangel
Thu, 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I've read the manga and watched the anime of this arc already, not that eager to experience it a third time honestly.

Carnage
Thu, 05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I've read the manga 6 times through and watched the anime once. My body has been ready for years.

MFauli
Thu, 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I´ve watched the anime like 3 times. I want to see this movie more than anything else :>

Idealistic
Thu, 05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Can never get enough of berserk.

Sandldan
Tue, 05-29-2012, 02:53 PM
There's a couple of different versions out on thepiratebay, with no subtitles as of yet :/

Feel free to translate the Japanese subtitles directly from here though! http://pastebin.com/j277YCNy

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
There's a couple of different versions out on thepiratebay, with no subtitles as of yet :/

Feel free to translate the Japanese subtitles directly from here though! http://pastebin.com/j277YCNy

Hey man, I've downloaded it as a txt file, but I was wondering how I can make it into a sub file? Can I just load it as is into MPC or does it have to be turned into a srt file somehow? It's really nice just having the japanese sub even if the japanese is quite high level in Berserk ^^ Also, are there a lot of different Berserk files with different timings? Would suck if the timing is totally off for the one I have... If you know a version where the timing is as the link for the subs you sent, it would be totally awesome if you could direct me there, since like you said... piratebay has a lot of versions ^^

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 06-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Finally!!! My first attempt at subbing an anime. The link you handed us Sandldan was filled with chinese kanji not even nearly used in japan, but it was a super help with the timing and some of the dialouge ^^

I don't know if people are interested, if the movie has already been subbed by someone more professional. Otherwise, I do have the txt file (that I don't know how to upload) which contains the whole english subs made by yours truly... and personally I don't think there are many mistakes. But if someone who REALLY really knows japanese could take a look at it and correct minor errors that would be super.

In other cases I think it is more than 90% correct and should give a good picture for most people watching/reading ^^

Marik
Sun, 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
[Commie] Berserk - Golden Age Chapter I - Egg of the High King [BD 1080p AAC] [5E90C760].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=320034)
[Commie] Berserk - Golden Age Chapter I - Egg of the High King [BD 720p AAC] [4E0448A9].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=320033)

Idealistic
Sun, 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I knew when I saw Marik as the last poster..... IT JUST HAD TO BE!!!! IT JUST HAD TO!!!

I fucking love you so much. So homo.

TwisT
Sun, 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!! First Game of Thrones season finale and then followed up by Berserk. FUCK YEA!!!! If i had known i would have bought snacks and made the night complete. Thanks for the links.

Idealistic
Sun, 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh man, it's only 1hr 16min? Thought it was going to be a full movie.... like 2+ hrs.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 06-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Next movie is to be 100 minutes isn't it? At least 20 minutes more in the next one to look forward to. But at this rate it seems like they won't give us any puck action or Skull knight sword swinging. Please let there be a new anime after the movies!!!

And prey to god it won't be too long before the second movie hits the store shelfs. It would be awesome if it showed up in July already... But since it took the first movie like 3 months from cinema to dvd one can guess it will be the same timeframe for the second movie :(

Idealistic
Mon, 06-04-2012, 12:20 AM
It moved pretty damn fast. Maybe because I'm use to the original being so slow. I also skipped this part in the manga so I wasn't too sure if they skipped any parts or not in this new movie.

But wow..... This movie was awesome.

kAi
Mon, 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!! First Game of Thrones season finale and then followed up by Berserk. FUCK YEA!!!! If i had known i would have bought snacks and made the night complete. Thanks for the links.

My thoughts exactly!!

This was really fast paced, there were many things which were changed around or moved from some of the omitted parts and put in elsewhere or completely missing. On the whole it pretty much told (I guess) the story which is needed for a movie format rather than a series. I kinda wish this was a series instead though, so we get all the manga goodness.
This movie had from half of book 4 to half of book 6. After seeing the previews for the next movie, it's going to be volumes 7-8 definitely, and some of 9 to end with something big. The third movie will probably skip most of books 10-11 and finish up with 12-13.
The stuff which is skipped would be things that are relevant for after the Golden Age arc. It may be possible that they do another trilogy afterwards for the next arc, or better yet a series. We can hope, we waited this long for a movie and seems longer for next manga releases.

The animation style annoyed me in certain sections, but overall it isn't to bad.

The second movie has some of the scenes I love in this series, so really excited for it.
I will definitely be buying this trilogy when it's available.

Kraco
Mon, 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
It was really running through the story, but that's given with movie adaptations, especially anime movie adaptations, since there are no cheap parts like you can have with live action. The 3D was quite blatant here and there but at large I was quite satisfied even with the graphics. I had also forgotten this was a Studio 4C production, so when I noticed that during the opening parts, I was expecting some visual gimmicks as well, and they did deliver them, like some of the nice camera work.

Most of all, this felt epic. So, the most important factor making or breaking a Berserk adaptation surely was there.

Archangel
Mon, 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
So i guess i'm the only one who thought the Cgi looked like shit?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
So i guess i'm the only one who thought the Cgi looked like shit?

No, you are not.

Carnage
Sat, 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Is the 1080p Commie sub a little pixelated for anyone else? like Giant squares lagging/just being really noticable in the video?

Archangel
Sun, 06-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Are people seriously still struggling with 10-bit h264? Dude, update your cccp...

Marik
Sun, 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
[Taka-THORA] Berserk - Golden Age Arc I - Egg of the Supreme Ruler (2012): 1080p (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=321854) | 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/Berserk_Golden_Age_Arc_I_Egg_of_the_Supreme_Ruler_ %282012%29_[720p%2CBluRay%2Cflac%2Cx264]_-_Taka-THORA.torrent)

KrayZ33
Tue, 06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Ahhhh this was fun, the CGI looked really weird in the first scene, but became better after Guts joinend the Band of the Hawk imho.

It entertained me quite well, I wasn't bored for a single second.
I enjoyed the assassination scene the most

MFauli
Tue, 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Ugh, my last posting wasnt published, whatevs.

What I needed to ask: Do we know already if Puk and all the other stuff from the manga is in the movies, or will it just be a remake of the original anime?

kyubisrage
Mon, 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I liked the first movie a lot, I saw the original 22-26 eps (i forgot) and tried to keep up with the manga but the mangas sporadic releases made it hard. Did this exact assassination happen in the original anime?

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 06-20-2012, 08:11 AM
*Possible spoiler for those who have not read the manga or seen the anime series*

MFauli: Since Puk is apart of the intro there is a chance that they will not cut him out particularly. However it does seem like the movies are paced only to fill the anime series and maybe a small small part of the events after the Eclipse that in which case we won't see Puk. But the overall feel is that unlike the anime series where the deliberatly cut out Puk and other "supernatural" parts the movies are more true in at least that sense. What I would like to see is how they handle the prison escape and the parts leading up to the ecplise since those parts in the manga and the anime differed quite a bit.

kyubisrage: The anime assassination was Guts climbing roof tops and entering Julius castle. So except for a few changes in the style leading up to the event, the assassination is almost exactly the same. Killing Adon and Julius happened in the same way, and the poison bolt that instigated the assassination plan as well.

Maybe you could try re-reading the manga from the start? A lot of people don't read the anime parts of the manga because they think it's just a waste of time. That however is a big mistake since a lot of parts have been taken out. One thing I liked about the movie was that they actually showed how Guts was raped, something that was cut from the anime series. Even though he dreams about it in the anime, it's too vauge to actually connect those dots, the movie made that part much more clear.

MFauli
Wed, 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
What I would like to see is how they handle the prison escape and the parts leading up to the ecplise since those parts in the manga and the anime differed quite a bit.

Seeing how "rushed" the movie was, I have no hope for the manga-version to be shown in anime-form. Would be so cool, but would also take up rather much time ...

Janice
Wed, 06-20-2012, 11:07 PM
This is one of the first images that got leaked from the movies back a few years ago, so it's pretty much confirmation Puck will be included:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100929084423/berserk/images/thumb/b/b1/PuckAnimeProject.jpg/593px-PuckAnimeProject.jpg

Sandldan
Sun, 06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Feel that the CGI was decent, felt very off in the scenes with slower walking motions etc. But on the other hand it made for some very fluid action scenes here and there.

Munsu
Sun, 06-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Just watched it and enjoyed it. Not much to add to the above sentiments, the CGI was annoying many times, but there were some cool spots that made up for it. Overall a nice time was had, can't wait to watch the next one.

Marik
Fri, 11-16-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMxJb2uYEI

The Yahoo! Movies Japan website began streaming the full 112-second trailer for Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent), the third part in Studio 4°C's film adaptations of Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga, on Friday. A new poster for the film was also unveiled on Friday with the tagline, "All darkness … eclipses light."

The film is scheduled to run for about 107 minutes and carry an R18+ rating. The film will open in Japan on February 1.

MFauli
Fri, 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Umm, can we, like, have the second movie first before a trailer for the third? :/

Archangel
Fri, 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Yay, Casca rape in HD.

And i guess since the anime added some filler towards the end and cut some stuff out, we'll actually get to see new scenes as well.

glitch
Fri, 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Umm, can we, like, have the second movie first before a trailer for the third? :/

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/19/kentaro-miura-illustrates-berserk-golden-age-arc-ii-the-battle-for-doldrey-blu-ray-cover
It will be released on DVD/Blue-ray the 5th of December.
I don't know how long the translation will take, obviously.

Belial
Sun, 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I just want to know what will happen after the 3rd movie and when

Carnage
Mon, 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I just want to know what will happen after the 3rd movie and when

Prepare yourself for years and years of IdolM@ster.

Parkalash
Mon, 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Hope the translation doesn't take longer than a week, like the first movie. Hopefully faster this time around.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Berserk movie number 2 release on dvd/blu-ray today in Japan. Anyone gonna pick it up and up it?

Inazuma
Mon, 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Ok guys forgive me for rezzing this thread but I did something long overdue, watched the original Berserk 25episode anime.

And no - I did not like it - to me it has zero rewatchability.
I liked the depth to the characters but the story itself has been unsatisfying and the ending made me want to shotgun off my monitor.

I'm sorry if I'm going Animeniax on this but : This whole thing blows I watched the 1st movie and it still blows.
So now I'm open to the idea I might not have understood Berserk's subtext.
If you think that is the case, please make your argument, make me a believer.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe you missed the memo. The end isn't THE end.

The anime was only made to promote the manga. The first 3 volumes of the manga isn't even in the anime and neither are the 30 ish other volumes that are after the anime. The anime is focused on showing how and why Guts became the guy he is. The anime is also censured in a lot of places that for those who haven't read the manga just won't understand. Like how Guts was sold by Gambino and raped by a man in his youth.

The fact that Miura kills off everyone you have come to know and love (or hate) like pipin, corkus or knife-thrower whose name has slipped my mind is brilliant. It feels so meaningless and so powerful because you've spent the whole anime building a relationship with these characters. And Guts at the end having to watch Griffith rape Caska, so much anger, so much hatred, pain and sorrow gathered all at the same place, betrayel from the one man they all loved in the most profound and horrendous way. Pure genius!

Archangel
Mon, 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Ok guys forgive me for rezzing this thread but I did something long overdue, watched the original Berserk 25episode anime.

I liked the depth to the characters but the story itself has been unsatisfying and the ending made me want to shotgun off my monitor.

I'm sorry if I'm going Animeniax on this but : This whole thing blows I watched the 1st movie and it still blows.

The manga is the single greatest Seinen in history, read that shit.

MFauli
Mon, 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Your taste sucks. Sorry.

Inazuma
Mon, 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
The manga is the single greatest Seinen in history, read that shit.
Will do.

Your taste sucks. Sorry.
I accept your apology

And Guts at the end having to watch Griffith rape Caska, so much anger, so much hatred, pain and sorrow gathered all at the same place, betrayal from the one man they all loved in the most profound and horrendous way. Pure genius!

Well to me that was painful - because I spent so much time with Guts, with his hardworking ass trying to save more or less everyone.
Everything blows up in the last episode, Casca, the whole gang - everything goes to shit.
The final scene however is Guts walking off in the distance after getting a new sword -with nothing indicating the fuck he's going to do. Has he given up - is he gunning for revenge - or is he going to keep fighting because that's just what he does.
How did he escape ? Did he fuck Griffith up just enough to run away ? Was he allowed to leave to go through a training arc and come back Kubo style.

I'm sorry - I know for you the Berserk fans - I might just be going full retard.
But for you all that watched the anime with or without reading the manga : Did the end satisfy you ?