PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Getting Liscensed

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:52 AM
I was wondering what would be so bad if naruto got licesened. I mean the worst thing that would happen is that 4 kids would pick it up, but what if it appeared on Adult Swim, that wouldn't be too bad. Also we would eventually get naruto games for ps2 and gamecube. And if the voices on adult swim suck ass we could still download the episodes from AONE right?

Mgslee
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
IIRC, Aone is an ethical fansub group meaning they would stop subbing it if it were licenced, thats a huge issue.

Also 99% of the time, English dub sounds much worse then its japanese counter part ... For the current fans of Naruto, having it licensed would be a huge blow to the community

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm scared i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: Mgslee
IIRC, Aone is an ethical fansub group meaning they would stop subbing it if it were licenced, thats a huge issue.

Also 99% of the time, English dub sounds much worse then its japanese counter part ... For the current fans of Naruto, having it licensed would be a huge blow to the community

i didnt know they would stop subbing it if it got licensed but i was just wondering i just want to sink my teeth into those naruto games.

2ton
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:46 AM
thats some scary talk...please stop or it might actually happen.

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:01 AM
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=52&products_id=3846&PHPSESSID=b7 6d1fa1fda7971e1bd6de02a33a09ac
they used to have a bundle pack of the game + freeloader for $70 and free shipping if you preordered it....but its still not bad of a deal, considering the game most likely will NEVER come out in the USA

Mgslee
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:02 AM
i didnt know they would stop subbing it if it got licensed but i was just wondering i just want to sink my teeth into those naruto games.

Go import them then if you really want them. Since you read the manga or watch the anime the story in them isnt gonna be important at all.

GBA games are universal and to play imported GCN games just get a freeloader ($20). You'd have to mod your ps2 for imports thou (as far as I know any way)

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Right now, they can legally sub Naruto and we can legally d/l it. If it becomes licensed, it becomes illegal for the subbing and the d/ling. That's a very bad thing. For us.

Himura_san
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by: Mgslee

Not necessarily IIRC Mezzo DSA has been licensed for a while and Aone is still subbing and gotwoot is releasing it, so check your sources on that.
ooh! my first post!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jman
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:17 AM
If it gets licensed then it will be on dvds which would most likely have dual language option so we could enjoy it with the original Japanese seiyuu.
Most likely the dub will suck but no worries here.

itachi_
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Either way, some group will rip it when it's on DVD anyway... it dosen't matter..

jonny-mt
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:55 AM
That's why you have to enjoy it that much more now, before it becomes the next Dragonball Z in the states, mais no?

Generally speaking, though, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Hell, One Piece is on episode 160 or something ridiculous, and it's still unlicensed. I think it's in the producing companies' best interests to keep Naruto in Japan until that market is milked dry before exporting it to the United States, opening up a whole new market and revitalizing the old one (hell, they just came out with another DBZ game here....)

Um, and if you import, get the PS2 game. The controls and scenery are much tighter than its Gamecube counterpart, and even though it was released about four, five months ago it's still current on the anime story and will be for the next month or two.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:07 AM
the problems with your logic are:

A. we'd still need to wait a few years for the english version to get to ep 75...
B. English subbing\Dubbing is really low quality (NINJA CENTERFOLD, enough said).
C. not all of us are living in USA, for example, in my country, we have about five animes airing: DBZ, CCS, Bayblade, YGO, and an occisional Cowboy Bepop... having Naruto licenced won't effect my TV sechduale for about eight years...
D. The Naruto games are probably raging between the quailty of 'crap' and 'fun for a week', while the MANGA\Anime is much better... having the manga scanlated is 1st choice, then the anime, and onlt then the OST's and Games...

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by: SaSuKeRuLeS
I was wondering what would be so bad if naruto got licesened. I mean the worst thing that would happen is that 4 kids would pick it up, but what if it appeared on Adult Swim, that wouldn't be too bad. Also we would eventually get naruto games for ps2 and gamecube. And if the voices on adult swim suck ass we could still download the episodes from AONE right?

with this post you are clearly just thinking about yourself and all other americans. what about us who live in europe we havent even seen dbz on tv yet. a license of naruto would be a disaster. and this has been dicussed so many times please dont make repeat threads just search.

The Kyubi Naruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I live in Finland and damn yes there is coming DBZ on tv. Which is by the way raping a good network, I say.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

with this post you are clearly just thinking about yourself and all other americans. what about us who live in europe we havent even seen dbz on tv yet. a license of naruto would be a disaster. and this has been dicussed so many times please dont make repeat threads just search.

sorry i didnt realize that there were a lot of people from other countries who watch naruto, like i said before i just want to play those naruto games sooo much. i guess ill have to learn japanese and then import the game or something

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:56 PM
For naruto games. i sugget www.play-asia.com

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:23 PM
there are a lot of anime-fans outside the walls of USA. i mean we dont live in holes in the ground.......

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by: jonny-mt
Um, and if you import, get the PS2 game. The controls and scenery are much tighter than its Gamecube counterpart, and even though it was released about four, five months ago it's still current on the anime story and will be for the next month or two.

i heard it kinda gets boring rather fast. I can see why though, since every time someone pulls off a move you spend 5 minutes just executing it. The ps2 one follows the manga, which is why some things are colored a little differently and the graphics were deliberately simplified and made to look kinda crappy compared to the GCN version. You'd have to rip your ps2 apart to mod it for support with the game, and it doesnt even have 4 player support like GCN's does. If you're into multiplayer games, then why settle for 2?

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

i heard it kinda gets boring rather fast. I can see why though, since every time someone pulls off a move you spend 5 minutes just executing it. The ps2 one follows the manga, which is why some things are colored a little differently and the graphics were deliberately simplified and made to look kinda crappy compared to the GCN version. You'd have to rip your ps2 apart to mod it for support with the game, and it doesnt even have 4 player support like GCN's does. If you're into multiplayer games, then why settle for 2?

you have a valid point there but one thing still remains i dont know japanese so its going to be a while befored i even order the game anywhere on the internet because i want to learn japanese...

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
hehehe good luck trying to learn

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: lionheart1012000
hehehe good luck trying to learn

what he said.

Vagabond
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:23 PM
You can probably find the menu translated at gamefaqs
Thats basically all you really need to know.

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
you have a valid point there but one thing still remains i dont know japanese so its going to be a while befored i even order the game anywhere on the internet because i want to learn japanese...
Dude, I don't speak a bit of Japanese apart from the odd baka or yosh, and I own both Gamecube games, I can get through them both fine. There are so many translation FAQs it's not funny. PLEASE don't let that stop you.

ComeComeParadise
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:17 PM

I read in a magazine recently (I can't remember which one, but it was credible) that the 2nd GC game and the PS2 game are indeed heading to America.

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
unless you're playing zelda or ff, you should be able to get through MOST japanese games.

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise
I read in a magazine recently (I can't remember which one, but it was credible) that the 2nd GC game and the PS2 game are indeed heading to America.
Why would they? The series has no official fan base in the US, so what would be the point? I'd say the games definitely wouldn't come until the series is licensed. I know what you're saying though, you read it in a magazine. I think they were probably wrong, but I'm open for correction.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise

i hope they come to america but hey if they dont i guess i will order it. ill ask for my birthday i just hope i can find it on the internet

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

Dude, I don't speak a bit of Japanese apart from the odd baka or yosh, and I own both Gamecube games, I can get through them both fine. There are so many translation FAQs it's not funny. PLEASE don't let that stop you.

yeah i cant read any japanese either but since its just a fighting game, its no big deal. The only problem i have with not being able to read it is for those modifiers that players can individually select before a VS match

jonny-mt
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

The single-player missions and unlocking the different characters are a lot of fun. Yeah, I kind of wish that there was more player support, but the two-player matches are still a lot of fun, and I love the big jutsus because they both look cool and transfer into the regular game--Sasuke and Kakashi get Sharingan, Sasuke gets power from the cursed seal, and Naruto gets chakra from the Kyuubi. It might just be that I played the PS2 game first, but it just feels more complete.

Hokage_Naruto
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Actually I heard on a Anime website that the naruto anime HAS been licensed by cartoon network and is coming to adult swim. They havent been working on it because Adult Swim/Cartoon Network hasnt found a dubbing company ie. Pioneer to dubb the anime for them. Thats why it hasnt been major news to all the naruto sites or major news on the official japanese naruto site. I could be wrong. Actually I pray to god IM WRONG because frankly I prefer Naruto on Japanese and fansubbed by Bakasan or Anbu whichever one has the fansub first.

Some guy name XXRock Lee UnlockedXX on narutoforums posted the link to the site but since the stupid forums dissapperared the link to it is gone

Nine Tailed Demon
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:31 PM
First of all, it is your opinion that it sounds worst when it is dub then being subbed. Thats like going to a point of liking a woman's breast natural instead of her having implants.

Only problem is that it will stop being subbed and we would have to regress to going back in the storyline to the beginning. Some other group will eventually try to sub it but whatever....

p3psi
Tue, 03-23-2004, 01:37 AM
shittttttttttttttt, how many people will really stop d/l naruto subs once it gets licensed?

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 05:58 PM
this is some crap i read off of narutofan

I will leave you with some food for thought, there is a rumour going around that 4KidsEntertainment is planning to license the Naruto anime series for the year 2005. 4KidsEntertainment has declined to comment on this issue thus far. I and I'm sure all Naruto Fans can only hope it to not be true.

now you know that is a low of crap

and i would continue to download even if they liscensed it
id find a way to get it even if it was only the raws

Jman
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
i'd settle for just the raws as well if it boils down to that. my hopes was that it wouldn't get licensed until kishimoto retired naruto. i wouldn't worry too much about that nf rumor. pftt...a lot of sources have been claiming the series was getting licensed for the past 2years or so.

sidenote: 4Kids Entertainment sucks...that's fact not opinion.
They ought to change that title to the name someone had referred to them as last year "4Shiteaters"

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:41 PM
destroyers of good anime and destroyer of dreams is there name if they liscence naruto along with funimation

i hate 4 kidz and yeah your right about the rumor it been around for a while

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 03-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Now, that's something scarier than Orochimaru. Naruto on Adult Swim. They'd butcher the Kyuubi a way not even the 4th could.
I would look totally stupid, just like Inuyasha dubbed. They'd start by taking the boobs of Naruto's sexy no jutsu, just as they did to the mistress centipede, and there would be no end to the criminal acts they'd comit. Besides, they don't have the brains to figure out if Naruto is an adult or kid's series, so they'd start showing at 6 pm and wind up showing it at 12:30 AM.
No Naruto on Adult Swim...PLEASE!!!!!

Haku no Fuyu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Actualy, in the Inuyasha art book, under Mukadejoro's character sheet, it says the nipples aren't drawn. In the manga they're there, just not in the animation.
And yes, Naruto on Adult swim would be WRONG.

Vagabond
Thu, 03-25-2004, 12:00 AM
hm I can't imagine Naruto being licensed before One Piece...

Raven
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:56 AM
One Piece will probably be licensed way before Naruto, seeing OP's manga is already licensed. Or are the manga and anime two seperate entities? How does it work?

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Manga and anime are seperate entities.

And this whole thing has been discussed so many times that it makes me sick.