PDA

View Full Version : Mezzo D.S.A.

32bitJesus
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Mezzo D.S.A. has a style that you havn't seen before.

My friends and I get together every Saturday to watch Anime, and EVERYONE has been asking about this series (as we have already watched the [AonE] fansubs of episodes 1-8... We're hoping for more!

This post is simply to encourage (but not to beg) [AonE] to continue their AWESOME work on this AMAZING series!

Thanks for your support folks,
and Thank you for the AWESOME FANSUBS that [AonE] produces time and time again!

durrem
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:29 AM
I agree. I am really enjoying Mezzo DSA. I even went out and got the OVA (although this is the first time I regret getting a Directors Cut heh) after watching the first few episodes of this series. I know you guys were having staffing problems recently, but I implore you to not drop Mezzo DSA completely. Even if you can't get them out as fast, I feel it is a worthwhile series for you to continue fansubbing.

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by: durrem
I know you guys were having staffing problems recently, but I implore you to not drop Mezzo DSA completely. Even if you can't get them out as fast, I feel it is a worthwhile series for you to continue fansubbing.

I don't think that's even the issue... just that it was licensed by ADV

Yakuza
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:45 PM
I totally disagree. Mezzo DSA is crap.

How can you people actually enjoy this show? It has some of the crappiest animation I've ever seen in a serious anime series. The only thing I could equate with it is a low-budget hentai show. its absolutely horrible. The stories are boring as all hell, the music is uninspired and the whole damn thing just screams "bad."

The first 2 episodes were fantastic. Amazing animation, great stories, etc. But Then they switched to a different production team, and now it's crap on toast.

AMAZING series my ass, Mezzo DSA is horrible.

I will not shed a single tear if AonE dropped this series. I'd much rather they continue to sub Chrno Crusade instead of this crap.

durrem
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

I don't think that's even the issue... just that it was licensed by ADV

I don't think that is an issue with AonE. They are still fansubbing ROD even though it is licensed.

Originally posted by: Yakuza
I totally disagree. Mezzo DSA is crap.

How can you people actually enjoy this show? It has some of the crappiest animation I've ever seen in a serious anime series. The only thing I could equate with it is a low-budget hentai show. its absolutely horrible. The stories are boring as all hell, the music is uninspired and the whole damn thing just screams "bad."

The first 2 episodes were fantastic. Amazing animation, great stories, etc. But Then they switched to a different production team, and now it's crap on toast.

AMAZING series my ass, Mezzo DSA is horrible.

I will not shed a single tear if AonE dropped this series. I'd much rather they continue to sub Chrno Crusade instead of this crap.

If you are watching Mezzo DSA just for the animation then that is just to bad for you. I'm watching it for the great characters and stories. I haven't seen much difference in the storytelling since the first two episodes. I would hate to see AonE give up on this series to sub Chrno Crusade when there will probably be, what, half of the original ten or so groups who originally subbed it continue to do so.

Elessar
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by: durrem
I don't think that is an issue with AonE. They are still fansubbing ROD even though it is licensed.
The important part is not ``licensed'' but ``by ADV''.

AnimeonE fansubs licensed anime with these exceptions:
- series licensed by ADV are dropped immediatly after the license announcement
- series licensed by other companies are dropped after being asked to do so (Ninja Scroll, Gundam Seed...)

And do not limit your text to ~30 characters per line. There is no need to do so because hypertext is made that way, that it automatically rearranges according to the reader's screensize. It is awfully readable on 1600x1024.

Santah
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:26 PM
I for one really enjoyed this Anime, I wish they would continue subbing it.

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:24 PM
I just wish that aone was more clear when they drop a series... bacause I for one havent heard any official word about Mezzo DSA... I just asume that they dropped it because it is ADV but I want to hear it from someone in the AonE staff to put my worries to rest

complich8
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:46 PM
honestly, part of the reason we're unclear is that we really haven't decided for sure yet. If we've decided, we're pretty firm about it.

At this point, I feel like I can let people know what's up, 'cause it's not going to spoil any surprises or anything.

With mezzo, we're thinking about continuing to episode 13ish and doing a mass irc-only release. We don't wanna do bittorrent 'cause ... well, honestly it's too high profile. We're not outright dropping it, but if it's longer than 13 eps (whichI'm under the impression we're still not entirely sure about) we'd rather not stay out on ADV's radar much longer, because they've been known to be pissy about legal action in the past.

Chrno crusade, we're definitely dropping, but you might see ep 15 as an irc-only release, since we've got a lot of work done on it already and it'd be kinda a waste to throw that effort away.

I'm sure if nobody at all subs mezzo, when we completely drop it someone else will very likely step up, but due to the more flagrant nature of bt'ing freshly licensed stuff, I dunno if you're likely to see it on bittorrent... so it might take some looking. Who knows though?

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks.... that's all i wanted... just that you guys are thinking about it it's good enough for me... the thing is that i thought that it was definately dropped but had not heard anything... thanks for clearing it up...

hikaru004
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I hope that you continue Mezzo DSA also. However, it's not worth it if you get into legal trouble.
Do what you gotta do.

Errorrrr
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:07 AM
MEZZO DSA is pretty bad...
the HENTAI OVA Was the BEST .... it should be the standard for all animes... its incredible... not the just H-scene...

Zodiac_Sign
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I say you guys at animeone should just drop it. It's not worth getting into legal troubles. I really enjoy this series but I'll enjoy it just the same watching it on DVD. It'll prolly take me another year and a half to finish the show but at least I know its worth the wait because its thanks to you guys for subbing it in the first place.

Neko Sniper
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:50 PM
lucky you...I'll prolly never see the rest since they won't sell it in my country. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Himura_san
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:10 AM
I saw the first episode and was like Zowy!! must check this out!
I had seen the OVA previously and had a feeling a tv series would be introduced so I was hoping for
the same over the top action.
The first 2 episodes were pretty good but it seems that from there it went downhill i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
I deleted them off my drive.

Koensayr
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Don't bother with Mezzo. It's gone downhill too much and isn't nearly as enjoyable as it was originally. If anything keep the work up on Paranoia Agent. Just looking at the thread reply counts, Mezzo has 25 and was closed while Paranoia Agent has 65 and is still open and just waiting for another episode to talk about.

This is my first post here at this forum, yes, but I'm a fan of AonE and their work on Paranoia Agent, Naruto, and Mezzo (even though the content sucks)

Munsu
Sat, 03-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Just because you or some people dont like it doesnt mean that others dont enjoy it... by them keep doing the series doesnt hurt much the work they do for other another series... It is ultimately their decision so we just should keep our opinion in such matters to ourselfs because some poeple do want them to continue it... And the reason the Mezzo thread was closed was probably because it was a duplicate and there is no reason for two or more threads about the same thing

lordks
Sun, 03-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Well Is is Up to Aone To do what is best for them.
So if they see is better to stop Subing it is all good.

Himura_san
Sun, 03-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by: Koensayr
Don't bother with Mezzo. It's gone downhill too much and isn't nearly as enjoyable as it was originally. If anything keep the work up on Paranoia Agent. Just looking at the thread reply counts, Mezzo has 25 and was closed while Paranoia Agent has 65 and is still open and just waiting for another episode to talk about.

This is my first post here at this forum, yes, but I'm a fan of AonE and their work on Paranoia Agent, Naruto, and Mezzo (even though the content sucks)

I just checked out paranoia agent it definitely has that mysterious feel to it like boogiepop phantom and Lain. Will check out the rest!i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 03-21-2004, 10:47 AM
arghhhhh so i have been downloading chrno crusade and mezzo dsa for nothingi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i like this serie and i really want to see the rest but if it's licensed then it can't be helped

Munsu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Not for nothing... it was awesome till the point you downloaded if aone doesnt do them there are other groups that might/will do them... get it from them or just buy the DVDs when they come out

lordks
Sun, 03-21-2004, 12:17 PM
I dont know why people dont get it "licensed Anime" is a good thing!!

Bastard
Wed, 03-24-2004, 01:21 AM
High profile, ay?... message me if you want to set something up (thegreatdivider) -g-

ippo-kun
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:53 PM
I know that tne anime licensed is a good thing, the problem that no comes to all the countrys the anime, so you miss a lot of good anime when is licensed.

In my case I was downloading mezzo, but if the serie not continue I'll download from a spanish fansub..

Kumiriko
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Fan subs have to be one of the driveing forces of getting some anime licenced out there. so whats up with the last two eps of rod? and Paranoia Agent?

Munsu
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:53 PM
episodes 9-13 were released a couple of hours ago... for Mezzo DSA

Neko Sniper
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:43 PM
where? on the IRC channel again? >.>

Elessar
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Yes, as complich8 announced. A irc-only mass release, no bittorrent.

Munsu
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Neko... this tutorial might help you out...

http://www.kasshin.net/Leeching_For_Noobz.html

Elessar
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:04 AM
But never ever xdcc list a bot in #animeone. Never. Never. Never.
There is a URL to the Pack-List of all bots in the topic.
Never XDCC LIST in #animeone. Not the whole channel nor single bots with /msg.

Neko Sniper
Fri, 04-16-2004, 08:19 AM
hehe thanks but right now I'm not interested in downloading it. Will keep the link for later though. =^_^=

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:43 AM
AonE's bots are amazing I got all 5 eps in an hour yay!! thnq AonE

Chojin
Thu, 04-22-2004, 03:54 PM
i got banned for 10 minutes accidently leaving a / out at the beggining of a line i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

other than that, very fast servers, i could pick from a number.

top job!

oceen246
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:50 AM
How do I get episodes 9-13 on irc, as I never had to do it before?