PDA

View Full Version : 4 souls please, and supersize it!

scarfacejq
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
I searched and coudn't find any clear answers to this. I was confused on exactly who's souls were being consumed (ep.73). I understand that 3rd Hokage is gonna get eaten, and Orochimaru if the seal works, but what about first and second? Did their souls get eaten or were those the souls of the sounds nins that got sacrificed?

I posted this in ep 73 discussion 3 days ago but no answers i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
ummm, i think it was the souls of the hokages.

scarfacejq
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Well, since you are never wrong (see Dazzz Sig #1) I guess I'll take that as an answer. That really sucks, he just damned (literally) two men he really admired to eternal digestion...I don't think I could do that.

SilentSnake
Wed, 03-17-2004, 06:03 PM
we have three hokages consumed, but who is that fourth soul?? and don't tell me that it's kyuubi and that it's sooo obvious because we know that kyuubi is inside naruto, and he WILL be inside naruto till naruto's death, and we can quite safely assume that besides yondaime and sandaime noone knew about this jutsu...

interesting...

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:03 PM
i think if the 4th was resurrected like the 1st and the 2nd were, the 4th's resurrection would've been a dud.

Gods_Son
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
3rd Hokage said he was using the same jutsu the 4th used to seal Kyubi in Naruto, and when the 3rd's shadow clones took the souls of the 1st and 2nd, the same seal on Narutos stomach appeared on the clones, so why did the clones get defeated afterwards? could've been too much to handle, but only the real 3rd would have a soul to sacrifice, not the clones, so wouldn't they survive the sealing?

The_Fourth
Wed, 03-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Coming back to the original question I agree with dazz, I think they were the souls of the hokages.

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:19 PM
the clones dissappeared cause they were no longer needed. A clear blow isnt the only way for the clones to dissappear.
If you look at the scene where death uses his knife to chop those heads and eat them, you can see the 1st and 2nd hokages and the 2 bunshins of the 3rd. So yeah, they are pretty much stuck in death for all eternity. Although perhaps oro's resurrection jutsu thing CAN bring them out of it, if it wouldve worked for the 4th, cause im sure the 4th had also been eaten by death.
Kyuubi prolly hasnt been eaten yet cause he still lives in naruto's stomach. Now if naruto was to die, then maybe death will come and eat him. This would explain why the 1st and 2nd were eaten, since the 2 clones dissappeared, effectively killing whoever was sealed inside them.

Reason
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:28 PM
The 1st and 2nd were eaten, along with the ammount of the 3rds soul used for the kage bunshins... (the 2 clones)

Those were the four souls consumed.

- Reason -

jonny-mt
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:47 PM
It was definitely not the Sound Nins' souls. I don't believe this counts as spoilers, but I'm new and so I'm not sure, so scroll down if you want to see why. Apologies if this is against the rules....

In the manga, when the First and Second are defeated, their bodies simply disintegrate. Having the two Sound Nins appear from the ashes was a creative liberty the anime production team took--personally, I think it worked out quite well as it fueled the Third's anger a little bit more.

As for the others that were eaten as well, this of course raises two questions: 1) Do Kage Bunshins have souls? and 2) Why didn't the Third use another Kage Bunshin to attack Orochimaru?

My guesses are that 1) As Chakra is a described as 'spiritual energy' early on, it does have some soul-like components and 2) Because the Kage Bunshin would be weaker and require more Chakra, which he was running low on in the first place.

Sorry; I'm an idiot and forgot how to count Hokages....

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:50 AM
1. no

2. kage bunshins at the 3rd's health, age, and current condition would've been useless against someone like orochimaru. it would just become a waste of chakra.

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
he still offered his soul to death regardless....so why bother with a bunshin against orochimaru?

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by: SilentSnake
we have three hokages consumed, but who is that fourth soul?? and don't tell me that it's kyuubi and that it's sooo obvious because we know that kyuubi is inside naruto, and he WILL be inside naruto till naruto's death, and we can quite safely assume that besides yondaime and sandaime noone knew about this jutsu...

interesting...

what 4th soul? the one that was hanging on shinigami? if you mean that one it was 3rd.

ech3lon
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:42 PM
i think naruto is kind of 4th hokage reincarnation...... it's my assumption though...... for some reasons when 4th hokage sealed the kyuubi he died as well and reincarnated to a baby...... because 4th hokage looks like naruto though......