PDA

View Full Version : Problems with RoD TV

PSJun
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:33 AM
Ok I'm not sure if this is a torrent problem or a file problem so I'm gonna post this on both boards. Basically I DLed episodes 2 and 3 as part of the 1-13 packaged deal. MY DL has moved on to episode 4 so I figured that 2 and 3 would be viewable. So I copied them out of the folder to use but none of them work. Episode 2 has an "unknown error" and episode 3 is either a "corrupt file" or a file unreadable by any of my media players (WM, RP, DivX). I tried to continue the DLs with bittorrent thinking they might have been incomplete DLs but now BT is telling me that my 171 (and 173 respectively) MB files are only around 4.73% done. And the problem is the single episode DLs are either seedless or practically seedless. Is there anyone with this anime in the SoCali/LA are that I can snag it from? *sigh* Thanks in advance.

sarf
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:16 PM
To download just a few files (or download certain files first) from a batch torrent, use Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/), or use TorrentSpy to ensure that the files you want to watch are, in fact, downloaded.

BitTorrent does not download sequentially - if you have a torrent that consists of 12 files each 5 megabytes in size, file #1 and #2 are not downloaded when you have downloaded 10 megabytes (it might be the case, most probably is not).

Sarf
---
Alley's Axiom: Justice always prevails . . . three times out of seven.

Lego
Thu, 04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
yeh, ive noticed BT does that. If i wanna watch a ep after its "downloaded" it will tell me i can't, just sit tight i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

PaD
Fri, 04-02-2004, 05:16 AM
Dude, it's really hard getting RoD TV episodes with BT, so god damn slow.
I suggest DC, I could meet you in a hub and I'd share it with you =)
Oh ye;
AIM sn; ConSi06
MSN ; ConSieierdeg@hotmail.com