PDA

View Full Version : Sakura- is she always this useless?

SofaKing
Tue, 03-16-2004, 11:23 PM
I've seen eps 1-30 now, and I've noticed that Sakura never seems to do anything when there's trouble other
than stand by and watch.

Does she ever actually fight anyone?

Toruxxx
Tue, 03-16-2004, 11:55 PM
yes she does fight some1 and yea she is always useless lol she is quite good at genjutsu tho that all she seems good for atm

wirm
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Sakura's pretty useless overall. But she does help out Sasuke and Naruto a little bit in your upcoming episodes.

As for being good at genjutsu, I wouldn't say that. She never seems to use it. She is pretty decent at detecting it though.

Toruxxx
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:10 AM
well kakashi thinks that she is good at it i dont mean the best out of every one but she is good at it.

Krbadass
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Theres a few threads like this already.. but i don't know if there is a search anymore so ill let it slide.

OshadowO
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:40 AM
there's a search button at the top but I wopuld still like to take this wonderful oppertunity to bash sakura.
She excels at "sasuke-kun" justsu whereby she concentrates all her chakara towards her voice and yells "sasuke-kun!" THe concentration of Chakara around her face and throat is evident by the pained look that typically comes across her face and the occasionaly tear that rolls down her eyes.

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 01:36 AM
way later in the manga, she starts training vigorously and learns some new fancy genjutsus to aide her comrades in the battlefield. she actually becomes a genjutsu master blaster 6100.

ad4mz41
Wed, 03-17-2004, 01:51 AM
My reasons on how Sakura was made to suck.

1. The author is a sexist and he did it to bring the woman down.
2. She is made so all the other characters like Naruto and Sasuke look really strong next to her.
3. She dreams too much about loving Sasuke and never trains her jutsus.

Those are my reasons and some are possibly wrong, but everyone has their opinions and reasoning.

Xollence
Wed, 03-17-2004, 02:50 AM
I don't think #1 is correct. There are many strong women ninjas in this anime. Besides, it's true, men are naturally stronger than women.

OshadowO
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:25 AM
I'm banned for spoiling, everyone thank krbadass

Jman
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:34 AM
true but umm *coughspoilercough*

Krbadass
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:35 AM
taken care of

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:01 AM
didnt she say once that she wanted to be a ninja to get closer to sasuke?
hmm.....maybe im just getting that confused with shika saying he only wanted to be a ninja cause he thought it'd be fun ::shrug::

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, Sakura just sucks at being a ninja overall.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes she is equally worthless all the time.

Grey_wolf
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:45 PM
No she is not worthless you guys are worthless =P by doing such an lame thread... go bash Shikamaru or something he is even worse i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ("Why should i go save someones life how troublesome.. oh look at the sky!" <_&lti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sakura isnt a figher.. she got much knowledge and will be better later.. just wait.

Everon
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes she is useless. Sad, but tru. She even says it herself, "I'm doing the least on this team." Yeah yeah she said she wanted people to see her backside for once (nice ass btw) but really she got saved by the InoShikaCho team.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Grey_wolf, your opinion would actually make sense if this thread was about how MOTIVATED Sakura is.
But it isn't. It's about skills. She sucks, Shikamaru doesn't.

Jman
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by: Grey_wolf
No she is not worthless you guys are worthless =P by doing such an lame thread... go bash Shikamaru or something he is even worse i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ("Why should i go save someones life how troublesome.. oh look at the sky!" <_&lti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sakura isnt a figher.. she got much knowledge and will be better later.. just wait.

Shikamaru would own Sakura. No question about it.

Grey_wolf
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Skills?
The thread is about how "Useless" she is. Who said anything about skills? im looking at the skills,motivation, and everything else in her. If this thread is about skills then i agree she isnt good. Well ino isnt good either so what? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

"She sucks, Shikamaru doesn't."

IMO Shikamaru is smart but i dont think hes good really.. i dont think he can beat Gaara,sasuke,neji ..ect he got his limitations.

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:54 PM
hahahaahhahahhahahaha you all wish you read the manga to know who is actually awesome and who still sucks.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:20 PM
The manga doesn't matter, this is the anime forum where we discuss the characters up 'til now... And Sakura sucks without a doubt, and no matter what... I'll always hate her and Ino if they don't stop their childish "following the cool sasuke" behavior, and that is final... It doesn't matter if she could beat up Naruto/Kyubi if she continues with her act.

The_Fourth
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Sakura is preety useless, instead of chasing Sasuke she should be practicing some jutsus.

SofaKing
Wed, 03-17-2004, 06:19 PM
"Grey_wolf, your opinion would actually make sense if this thread was about how MOTIVATED Sakura is.
But it isn't. It's about skills. She sucks, Shikamaru doesn't. "

Well, actually, it's about usefulness which is a combination of many things, not just skills. All the skills in the world don't mean crap if you never use them.

Sakura may be motivated in some senses, but in a fight she's apparently not motivated enough to do anything.

simplyxme
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:44 AM
someone said if i dye my hair pink i'll look like her.. haha but ill bash on her anyway. YEA shes pretty useless..... so far anyway. And I agree w/ u shinji ikara they both need to GROW UP. All she seems to do is stand and cry o yea and ocassionally say in a super dramatic voice "sasuke" oh godddddddddddd make her stop with that- i hear it every single episode. has anyone noticed that? -___- shikamaru could kick her ass anyday ^_~

even tho she SUCKS so far =p naruto wouldnt be the same w/o her. I guess shes the damsel in distress???? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:53 AM
lol! after seeing the 74 episodes i can tell thats she's totally useless i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

She's just there to be whit sasuke...But she's good to gather chakra! she's the best between Naruto and Sasuke..

Stoopider
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:06 AM
sakura?? She's damn good!! How dare you all mock her!!

Her fighting skills is on par to none other!! Like for example, when she fights the guy with winds farting out of his hands, wow! Sakura managed to bite his hand and mount him!

Also, she has the unique ability of cutting her hair and make it look very melodramatic.

Sakura rawks man!!! See how she bore Naruto to death aboutt her talking about Sasugay.

chaos4ever4
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
schizophrenia no jyutsu: being able to have a split personality. a-la chuunin 2nd exam vs. ino.

that's about it.

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
sakura?? She's damn good!! How dare you all mock her!!

Her fighting skills is on par to none other!! Like for example, when she fights the guy with winds farting out of his hands, wow! Sakura managed to bite his hand and mount him!

Also, she has the unique ability of cutting her hair and make it look very melodramatic.

Sakura rawks man!!! See how she bore Naruto to death aboutt her talking about Sasugay.

lollll!!!

She's soooooo good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Evil Eyes
Fri, 03-19-2004, 06:07 AM
Sakura is so powerful. I can't believe u guys forgot her "sasuke-kuuuuuun" legendary jutsu!

Stoopider
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Well. Using her Screaming Sasuke Jutsu...

*SPOILER*

What took Sasuke so long before he finally beat Sakura unconcious?

*End Spoiler*

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:19 PM
heh, the closest sakura has ever been to usefulness was in the forest of death, when she fought the three sound nins.

Actually she was doing pretty good up until the part where she BIT zaku! What kind of a ninja is that?! biting other ppl.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
You people!
Sakura has powerful jutsus, she even has one against Orochimaru.
Goes something like that:
We don't want to see your face anymore-no-jutsu!
and yet another (more dramatic):
Anta-Saske-kun-ni-na-o-shite-da-yo-no-jutsu!
(You!What-didja-do-ta-saskekun-no-jutsu!)
She is the one who should have fought Oro instead of the 3rd...

naruto-kun19
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:24 AM
sakura is week as hell..... I think everybody knows that...and so they'll probably start making her a little better. Maybe she'll start workin some with Tsunade. I dunno.

hatashi17
Sun, 03-21-2004, 02:49 AM
maybe her flower will bloom soon. Get it flower.........oh well

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:23 PM
way later in the manga, she starts training vigorously and learns some new fancy genjutsus to aide her comrades in the battlefield. she actually becomes a genjutsu master blaster 6100.
wouldnt this be a spoiler

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:41 PM
No, couse it's not true.

r3n
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: SaSuKeRuLeS

wouldnt this be a spoiler

hah, made me laugh i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

but yeah, why cant they jst kill her off already. tbh they shudda kept zaku and oro cudda taken her instead. god life jst isnt fair!

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Sakura is completely useless, but I bet she can give anbu a run for their money. Throw in konohamaru on her side, and she might even beat them.

lionheart1012000
Sun, 03-21-2004, 08:28 PM
bleh, some random guy should just rape her and get her pregnant. then she leaves the ninja world and becomes a homemaker. thus the end of sakura i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

simplyxme
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:12 PM
hahahahaa i dont think they should kill her off. the series needs someone like her. who else will we bash on? heheee

frexeze
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:17 PM
that'd be funny though

like maybe in the chuunin exam when choji goes MEAT TANK!! then slams into the wall and she accidentally fell between him and the wall.. haha i'd laugh my ass off

Sensei_Kakashi
Mon, 03-22-2004, 09:58 PM
EWWWW! do not give me mental images!
AAAH to late.. grossnessi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
I do agree she is use less and has no motivation. Rock lee (Fuzzy eyebrows dude) had to almost die for her to get motivated.she is also weak so what she can bit some one. so can Akamaru. why does she like sasuke so much?? He always tells off..... she does'n get the hint!

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
i think she's thick headed, thats why she doesnt get the fact that sasuke couldnt care less about her in the way that she feels about him.

Mattea
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Awww, don't bash on such a pretty girl like Sakura i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Maybe she's a little weak but she is smart...
and a 3 person team can't just contain big strong people with less intelligence...
I'm not saying that strong people are dumb...
but if u study as good as Sakura, how much time is there to train your body ? and visa versa
but a 3 person team can't just contain smart and weak people either...
you need to get a balanced team with both strenght and wisdom, thats what makes Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke such a winning combination ^_^

finalfantasyfan1986
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:40 PM
who wants to watch a tv show about an average ninja

Kagari
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
You know, sometimes character developpment is more important than super-jutsus and ninja moves...

I like Sakura, she balances out team 7 really well, she helps characters evolve (Rock Lee, Ino to name 2) and If you watch the first few eps compared to the later ones, she has truly come along way.

r3n
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:37 PM
i think she should be blown up, and then naruto can become obsessed with hinata instead.

Inquisitor77
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Character development is always part of a good story, and Sakura is just another character that is just itching to be developed. Yeah, she's annoying. Yeah, she's useless. Yeah, she's annoying. Yeah...she's useless...and annoying...and useless... But I digress.

I'm sure later on there will be this big thing about how she finally comes into her own as a ninja and doesn't want to do it just to follow Sasuke and blah blah blah blah. =)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:09 PM
I don't see *any* development in her. She still into the Sasuke-kuuun stuff. The only way to have her doing something is when Sasukeeeeee is in trouble. I don't see her with new jutsus, well did she ever had any original one, not to mention the *oh, no. I gotta use that jutsu*? She really should use her time better than with a guy who's obsessed with his brother. Huh, that's a big red flag right there. Even if she manages to get in a relationship with him... one can just imagine what kinda hell on earth marriage would that be.
Saske should come out of the closet. *Everybody* would be happy, then. Still, I don't think even then Sakura would get a clue...
And I agree. Somebody should get rid of her, so Naruto can obsess with Hinata. One-sided loves get to be tiresome. Naruto should wake up.
BTW, don't compare Akamaru with her. He's smarter, cuter and waaaaaaay more useful than her. During the written test, did she help *anyone*? She helped Ino totally against her will. She could have use some genjutsu to swap exam sheets with Naruto, for one and, she'd be helping not him but her whole team. What did she do? She was ready to give up on the 10th question...what a LOSER!!!!

Haku no Fuyu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:11 PM
*Can relate to Naruto...*

Kagari
Thu, 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
I don't see *any* development in her. She still into the Sasuke-kuuun stuff. The only way to have her doing something is when Sasukeeeeee is in trouble. I don't see her with new jutsus, well did she ever had any original one, not to mention the *oh, no. I gotta use that jutsu*? She really should use her time better than with a guy who's obsessed with his brother. Huh, that's a big red flag right there. Even if she manages to get in a relationship with him... one can just imagine what kinda hell on earth marriage would that be.
Saske should come out of the closet. *Everybody* would be happy, then. Still, I don't think even then Sakura would get a clue...
And I agree. Somebody should get rid of her, so Naruto can obsess with Hinata. One-sided loves get to be tiresome. Naruto should wake up.
BTW, don't compare Akamaru with her. He's smarter, cuter and waaaaaaay more useful than her. During the written test, did she help *anyone*? She helped Ino totally against her will. She could have use some genjutsu to swap exam sheets with Naruto, for one and, she'd be helping not him but her whole team. What did she do? She was ready to give up on the 10th question...what a LOSER!!!!

ok, a bit longwinded....She wasn't giving up for herself, she was worried about naruto. And she has come a long way, with ino, and rock lee, and even naruto. I think she's a great character.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 04:23 PM
The word underestimating comes to mind. He is a member of her team, she should have some faith in him...well, whatever.

Evil Eyes
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Sakura is pretty much useless, although She did help a lil with stopping Sasuke when he was in the curse seal mode. Anyway I think she's more of a disadvantage to team seven than a balance. In most episodes and in most cases Sasuke or Naruto risk their lives to save her worthless ass instead of getting help from her. I really don't see how's she's ever going to become a great ninja, unless she gets over her crush on sasuke and train seriously.
I think they should just kill her off -in a really brutal way if I might add- and replace her with hinata or Ino as the third member of team seven. Hinata has great potential and is already better than Sakura. She lasted for quite a good time against Neji where as Sakura would have been dead after the first blow. As for Ino, even though she's not that great, she still has an ORIGINAL useful jutsu. Sakura maybe a better student than Ino, but from their match we saw how Ino used strategy and fooled Sakura with her hair cutting act to catch her and land her linear mind transformation jutsu. She's a better fighter and planner than Sakura. Plus Ino went soft on Sakura because she was once her best friend. She had the chance to finish the ho' with a straight blow to the face, instead, she gave Sakura a soft slap.

I really can't stand Sakura. Inner Sakura is pretty funny, but her overall character sucks big time.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 03-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Actually, I liked her, in the beginning. Sheesh, I even liked Saske-chan... but both turned out to be quite a pain...
And you're right about Ino, she is smarter, but her overall attitude still sucks...Shika should do her, maybe that would help.

Evil Eyes
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:55 AM
I think Ino acts like that because of SUCKura. The ho' ended her relationship with Ino, who helped her alot, because of her crush on that fag susgay. I think Ino acts like that just to piss off SUCKura.
Ino is very smart. She helped her team when they met Neji by her seductive act and avoided a battle that none of her team would have had a slight chance to win.
She also stood for Sakura in the forest and risked her life where she could have let the ho die.
Ino>>>>>>>>>>>SUCKura

Anyway, Temari owns all the genin females. She's pretty, tough, smart, and has a strong personality.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 03-26-2004, 07:10 AM
True, I never thought of that... Suckura (I like that) is an ungrateful bitch on top of all. Treacherous little wench. It was really awful what she did to Ino... you're totally right.

SofaKing
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:22 AM
"bleh, some random guy should just rape her and get her pregnant. then she leaves the ninja world and becomes a homemaker. thus the end of sakura"

Thank you for introducingthe subject of rape into my thread.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Watch episode 76 that has come out. Perhaps it'll explain things

Xollence
Fri, 03-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Chaos it doesn't really explain anything, just that she's even more useless than we thought she was.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:05 AM
She is pretty useful to Gaara. He is using her to piss Naruto off.
There. Nobody can say that Sakura is useless anymore...

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Well, at least we can't say she doesn't have guts...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Well... with all her guts, they'd be better off if she *weren't* there. Once she woke Naruto up (Shika was already awaken) what exactly did she do?
Came to think, here's an original Sakura jutsu... the Namida-no-jutsu!!!!! Heh, heh
I gotta learn what means whining in Japanese...maybe I will figure out another jutsu of hers...

Here's a challenge: find and episode where she doesn't say Sasukeeeee-kuuuuun.

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Here's a challenge: find and episode where she doesn't say Sasukeeeee-kuuuuun.

Damn I've failed at that.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Was just watching the fight in the forest... Rocky is so much better than Saska... and people dare say she is intelligent... Can't she see that Rocky is a nice guy and Saska sucks? Sheesh.

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Women tend to go for the CRAZIES...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Oi, kozou, atachi wa onna des...
But yer totally right...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Hope you don't mind the kozou, Fuyu-sama... atachi wa j/k

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-27-2004, 01:35 AM
I think she is supposed to be the "brains" of the platoon. But if Naruto and Sasuke ever get formed into a Chuunin platoon they will be much better off with Shikamaru in that spot. And then Shino to finish off the 4th spot.

SofaKing
Sat, 03-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Sasuke has done more thinking than her so far. She's got "booksmarts", but not much practical intelligence. Hell, Naruto has more of that than her!

lionheart1012000
Sat, 03-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
Women tend to go for the CRAZIES...

crazies or the pretty boys.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Oi, kozou, atachi wa onna des...
But yer totally right...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Hope you don't mind the kozou, Fuyu-sama... atachi wa j/k

No probs at all, but isn't it supposed to be "atashi" and also "desu" might be more correct in spelling... I might be wrong, just thiking i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 03-28-2004, 05:13 PM
des is informal while desu is more formal/correct... From the top of my head, I can only recall Hachi in Inuyasha using desu...
At least, for what my friends told me...
Hinata is polite, but still: Neji-nii-san shobu des
Mr. Older brother Neji (it) is fight!
They can even use da if it sounds right:
Neji:Urasai yatsu da
That guy is annoyng
Ochikobore wa ochikobore da
A loser is a loser.
As for atashi... I've seen it spelled both ways but yer prolly right...
well, then again, all my Japanese comes from anime, so there's a huge possibility that I am completelly wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM
As for the whole "Desu" thing. des isn't informal or anything, it's just that sometimes in japanese the "u" is left out, but the spelling is never the less with an "u"... So typing it, desu would be correct.

Take "suki" for example, everyone knows it's spelled like that, but you pronounce it "ski" most times.

And about Atashi. It's taken from the word Watashi which means the same thing, it's just shortened... And atashi is almost only used by girls.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I study japanese, but i don't do it a lot, so i only know like tha basics and simple stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 04:58 PM
has anyone seen sakura do any hand seal??? if u have lemme kno in which eps. becuz she is just lame

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Fighting sound-nins in the forest she does make one or two to create the famous kawarimi-no-jutsu.

But other than that, i've never seen.

Oh, one to wake up Naruto.

Sharingan 3y3
Thu, 04-01-2004, 05:55 PM
hmm... actually i watched that eps yesterday but i really dont remember her doing any actual hand seals, and when she woke naruto she didnt really use seals she just touched him

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
As for the whole "Desu" thing. des isn't informal or anything, it's just that sometimes in japanese the "u" is left out, but the spelling is never the less with an "u"... So typing it, desu would be correct.

Take "suki" for example, everyone knows it's spelled like that, but you pronounce it "ski" most times.

And about Atashi. It's taken from the word Watashi which means the same thing, it's just shortened... And atashi is almost only used by girls.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I study japanese, but i don't do it a lot, so i only know like tha basics and simple stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ryoukai...Desu wa, desu da!
I will change my sig later, then, when I add a pic and stuff...heh, heh.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 04-02-2004, 07:52 AM
And i want to beg for forgivness, don't want to sound like i'm whining or anything i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I think that Sakura has to be kinda weak so that way Sasuke and Naruto have to go to great lengths to save her. It makes the plot better really.

i/expressions/devil.gif