PDA

View Full Version : NEW ANIME

Ero-Sennin
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi there was most likely a post like this but i was wondering if some of you people would be so kind as to Suggest an anime that i should see. i really want to see some new ones. waiting for naruto and inuyasha is getting tiresum. Thanks

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Well you'll have to list the series you've already seen, so then we can suggest ones you haven't seen yet.

L8r
Tue, 03-16-2004, 06:52 AM
do only watch naruto and inuyasha?

Fullmetal Alchemist
Gokusen
are some good anime... if you want some older 1 ( might be harder to find ) then i have to say

Trigun
scryed(sp?)

cant think of anymore right now

complich8
Tue, 03-16-2004, 08:10 AM
a new season is starting pretty soon, so you'll see an explosion of new shows... you might consider picking one of them up.

For current stuff, my picks would be gokusen, peace maker kurogane, and paranoia agent.

If you want to go back into the olden days and get older core stuff, since you seem to like action, I'd recommend tracking down Hunter X Hunter (anime-kissaten has about 32 out right now, akufansubs did a respectable job for the rest of it, and it extends to the OVA, and the Greed Island OVA, ending out in the current "Greed Island Final". It's pretty long (we're up to 80 episodes from start to current) and the main character (Gon)'s voice actor also plays Naruto.

Other core stuff would be Hajime no Ippo (now licensed and not out on dvd yet, so a bit harder to find), Hikaru no Go (an anime about a board game, but somehow still addictive as hell).

So there's a total of 250 or so episodes to go track down and watch. Hop to it, yo! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

r3n
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:44 PM
yeah i recommend hunterxhunter, excellent anime, both series and OVAs. apart from that id say Full metal alchemist, gungrave, and for old stuff id recommend scrapped princess. its Very good i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EpoC
Tue, 03-16-2004, 02:55 PM
there are many good series out there.

If you want short ones, here are a few that are worth watching.

DN Angel
Golden boy
Trigun
berserk

There are alot more good short seriers.

if you want a little longer ones like about 40+, here are some

Rurouni kenshin
Gundam seed
Great teacher onizuka
Inuyasha

none of these are very hard to find. so have fun, if you haven't allready seen everyone of these ^_^

Ero-Sennin
Tue, 03-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Ok. If know what animes i have seen helps, heres a list.
Inu-yasha
Naruto
Scryed
Beserk
Rurouni kenshin
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Sayuki reloaded
Love hina
Ranma 1/2
Trigun
DBZ GT
Record of Lodoos War
and a few others i cant recal at the moment

Uberbaka
Tue, 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
nobody has mentioned Cowboy Bebop yet... Fools...

Cowboy bebop! Cowboy bebop! Cowboy bebop! Cowboy bebop!

*ahem* Yes.

Gods_Son
Tue, 03-16-2004, 11:56 PM
yea, Bebop, Kenshin, and Trigun are good for older stuff and Naruto, One Piece, Gungrave, and Full Metal Alchemist are some of the good ones being subbed now.

ad4mz41
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
The only anime I can really think of right now is One Piece. What can i say, i love this anime.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:35 AM
I recomend Peace Maker Kurogane. A very funny show with some samurai action. Its little slow paced sometimes but its a great anime.

Bloodhybrid
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:03 AM
well a good film is Sin
and a excellent series is Evangelion, one of the best ive seen so far

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:42 AM
The new series that I picked up just last week was Chrno Crusade. I'd love to suggest it to you, but it just got liscensed.

Most of what I watch right now has already been suggested so I'll go back to some older stuff. Watch the really good movies. Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Ninja Scroll (not suitable for younger audiences) are classics and some of the greatest I've ever seen. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Spriggan are two recent (within the past five years) action flicks I enjoy. And I love everything about Princess Mononoke.

Also, I haven't touched the series yet, only seen the movies, but if you want to try something that's a cross between mecha anime and a cop drama, pick up Patlabor.

singblue
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:55 AM
here in chinese ,there are all the cartoons that broadcast in japan.let me introduce some to u. full metal alchemist , gungrave,crusader,one piece.if u want to see more ,check on the bt site.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 03-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Hellsing, GitS:SAC, Vampire Princess Miyu (I started watching this and it was really good but I found episodes quite hard to come by after like 5 of them)...I saw a couple of episodes of 3x3 Eyes too and that would have been really good if it wasn't for the horrible dubbing which completely ruined watching it...dubbing sucks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I wanna see Bubblegum Crisis eps but I have no idea where to get them, but I'll suggest it to you anyway as it seems very highly rated...

Munsu
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by: singblue
here in chinese ,there are all the cartoons that broadcast in japan.let me introduce some to u. full metal alchemist , gungrave,crusader,one piece.if u want to see more ,check on the bt site.

Humm really? never heard of any of those... Thank good you saw them in China and made us all aware of them.. otherwise i would have missed them hehe lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Charlemagne
Wed, 03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
One Piece is nice. Otherwise, tried the following?

Last Exile
Vandread (all stages)

And the very short (6 episodes) series of Furi Kuri?

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:35 AM
you could always watch witch hunter robin on adult swim

32bitJesus
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Best new anime I've seen in a while (kinda new... *grin*) FLCL (furi kuri... or some say fooly cooly)

INSANE 6 episode OVA with AMAZING music... oh... I just saw the post above with Furi Kuri... ah well... I agree with him!

Koyuki
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
What about Get Backers? Is phreaking cool... Good Story

Tokyo Underground also a good story. Romance, action, super powers i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Koyuki
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Saiyuki Reload, Gensou maden Saiyuki, based on an old asian folk-story. Great action

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:57 PM
If you like violence and medieval go whit Berserk!!!

Trigun is good too...its like futur westurn style i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hellsing is pretty good even if its only 13 episode!! vampire style!!

Everon
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Recommend:
Ghost in the shell, Cowboy Bebop
Different Material, You may not like:
Popolocrois, Gunslinger Girls
Do not Watch:
Witch Hunter Robin (goes nowhere, it ends with an explaination rather than having the show slowly explain the final premise, which I hate. A lot.)
Avenger (same thing, ends with an explaination)

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:01 AM
Scrapped Princess owns all. Best anime series ever. Best Storyline, best characters, and some of the coolest animated combat scenes ever.

Also, if you don't mind buying, I happen to like .hack//SIGN. Then again, I tend to enjoy Plot-based animes, and this anime is as plot-heavy as they come, so if you tend to prefer action, don't go with it.

KenshinHimura
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Well Recommedation,
I'd say err there are quite a few that I'd recommend but u know.. it all depends on your preferences
well.. I'd definitely say Read Or Die, Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a must watch.. I also like err.. Last Exile, Stellvia, Ultra Maniac... for lotsa fan service I'd say Ikkitousen i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.. I've also heard Gilgamesh is good but the first 6 eps sux.... Ghost In The Shell is a must watch, 1st Gig n 2nd Gig, Gunslinger Girls, Cowboy Bebop.. hrmm.. yeah Trigun is good as well.. and .. err there's actually too many to recommend.. hehehe..

KenshinHimura
Mon, 03-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, Rurouni Kenshin... whole TV Series and OVA's for me is also a MUST WATCH i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

tensai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:28 PM
i havent watched that many animes, but i thought these were good:
short animes-
cowboy bebop
initial D
onegai teacher
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (i heard that melty blood was a semi-sequel, but i couldnt find it)

long anime-
naruto
scrapped princess (didnt finish watching this yet, but its interesting so far)

i just wished that some of the shorter animes were longer, they were hella good (my thoughts)

Munsu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
I dont know why you put Initial D with 39 episodes 2 OVAs and a movie and it's not finished yet i think... to be a short anime...

And Scrapped Princess with 24 episodes a long anime...

Nevertheless all good recommendations... I would like to add:

Kaze no Yojimbo
Wolf's Rain
One Piece
Hunter X Hunter
Hajime no Ippo
Prince of Tennis
Record of Lodoss War TV + OVA
Berserk
Legend of Condor Hero

I'll post others when I feel like it...

Vicious
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Gungrave, Get Backers...Gungrave...oh yeah and Gungrave.

did i mention Gungrave?

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
i havent watched that many animes, but i thought these were good:
short animes-
cowboy bebop
initial D
onegai teacher
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (i heard that melty blood was a semi-sequel, but i couldnt find it)

long anime-
naruto
scrapped princess (didnt finish watching this yet, but its interesting so far)

i just wished that some of the shorter animes were longer, they were hella good (my thoughts)

it does kinda put me off if i'm gonna buy a dvd (ie with Blood: The Last Vampire)...but usually (at least the ones I've seen) are better for being short...if Blood lasted any longer than the 45 minutes or whatever it is it I think it probably wouldn't have been as good...in the case of the Ichi The Killer (Koroshiya 1) anime 45 minutes was possibly too long i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Its good to hear good comments about the Cowboy Bebop movie, I can never find the episodes from the series and everyone raves about it, but I put the film on DVD so I'm gonna watch it soon...it got shit reviews from the sites I read (they basically said it was crap compared to the series)

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:54 PM
The Cowboy Bebop movie rocks. Its the sole reason i started watch anime cause i didnt know anything about anime before i rented The Cowboy Bebop movie after that i was hooked on a feelingi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif