PDA

View Full Version : Jet li becomming a monk

JusDaMan
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Well im a fan of jet li for a while and in a chinese news paper it states that jet li has left the movie business and become a monk... At april 5th it is official. IM GONNA MISS HIM!

He gave all his money/fortune to his wife(nina li) [[if you never seen her she is the woman who played Uhh i forgot but she was in twin dragon(jackie chan film)]]

Well... Just thought i'd let u all know who is a fan of jet li! CRANDLE 2 THE GRAVE IS HIS LAST MOVIE i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

littlecooldude
Mon, 03-15-2004, 11:49 PM
That would be sad. Are you sure that he's really done. Rumors like this can easily be started with celebs.

JusDaMan
Mon, 03-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Oh yea this i am sure of... I even seen a picture of him in a monk robe.....

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 03-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Wasn't he wearing monk robes in Legend and the Once Upon a Time in China series?

Mut
Tue, 03-16-2004, 12:49 AM
WHAT THE FUCK! JET LI IS TOO COOL FOR A MONK

Jman
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:38 AM
i hope this isn't true. o well it's his choice,

bitwar
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:39 AM
"Cradle 2 the Grave" is NOT his last movie. He just had a video game come out (Rise to Honor) for which he did motion capture (Cory Yuen coreographed) and voice over. Also he has a movie coming soon from 20th Century Fox with Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman called "Danny the Dog." Now this site (http://www.netasia.net/users/sgc_wdi/index.htm) did have an article about this (as well as the picture), and also had a more recent article that seems to deny these claims. I guess we'll have to see how things turn out with Li.

Xollence
Tue, 03-16-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm sure it's just rumors. Aren't monks not allowed to have sex?

Anbu Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 03-16-2004, 05:04 PM
damn i like jet li to.. ive seen alot of his movies and he got kind of into the black films i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

KakashiSensei
Tue, 03-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Man dont be soo silly, Jet Li is not going to be a monk. He wouldn't leave his family for that. i saw an interview with him, and he is really passionate about what he does. His last movie would be a chinese one called Hero. Get your facts straight. If Cradle to the Grave was Jets last North American movie then I would be more the happier as his Hong Kong Movies KICK ASS. The one sucks ass.

let_me_get_that_dirt_off_yo_shoulda
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:16 AM
uhh wasnt that fool's last movie cradle 2 to the grave 2? someone correct me on this shiet...
y the hell he gonna be a monk? theres like no sex allowed...

Gods_Son
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:22 AM
It sounds like it's just a rumor. I don't know the guy, I don't really care what he does. You can ask him why he wants to be a monk, even though your not allowed to have sex.

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 01:32 AM
dude, why did you pick such a gay, long name.

jay-z's gotta stop spitting biggie's rhymes through his fat flips.

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
its just stupid to believe what your read about celebs in newspapers. 75% or something of what you read about them are made up by newpapers and ppl that want money. you shouldnt believe to much in newspapers anymore.

JusDaMan
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:16 PM
http://ee.domaindlx.com/JusDaMan/TMP1.JPG
http://ee.domaindlx.com/JusDaMan/TMP2.JPG

Finally fixed my scanner

Thats proof from the newspaper that I read.

It is from a chinese newspaper so unless you can read chinese or find a person who can read you can see the picture only...

KakashiSensei
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
that picture hardly looks like him
Plus its too young to be Jet Li

lasaire
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:21 PM
That's some wild and crazy rumor, man.

I really doubt it, though. He's married and has a very promising career; what in the world would prompt him to become a monk?

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 03-18-2004, 11:29 PM
There many who may feel a spritual need to take up monkhood (don't know if that's a word). At this point in his life where many would feel that he has everything, he may feel there is something missing.

I'm not decided on whether or not I believe he is going to become a monk though, I just don't know the man well enough.

JessiA
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:15 PM
The images didnt work for me.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: JessiA
The images didnt work for me.

Ditto

sangai
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:58 PM
how do we know that this isn't for a movie

bitwar
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:49 PM
This is nothing but a rumor (go look at the link in my previous post on this thread). And those pictures are real and they are really Jet Li. Apparently he spent some time at a monastary, so it might be those pictures are from that visit. But wherever, whenever they were taken, it doesn't really matter. Jet Li's here to stay. *dances happily*

Oh, and mr. long-ass-name, the movie title was Cradle 2 the Grave, there's no 2 at the end.