PDA

View Full Version : Limit of Desert Coffin

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 03-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Just wondering about Gaara's sand moves, can he only control the sand in his gourd or can he actually manipulate sand around him? During the forest of death fight, you see him control sand already on the ground to kill the mist genins, but in the chuunin finals, where the entire arena is covered in sand, gaara could only control the sand in his gourd. If he was able to control sand, it wouldn't matter how fast sasuke is, because the entire battlefield is sand. Just wondering. What is the range limit of Gaara's sand attacks?

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 03:28 AM
I think there's a certain amount of poetic license involved - if he could manipulate the entire arena he'd be unstoppable and that wouldn't suit the plot. In the same way they never show Shika fighting at night, because with shadows everywhere nobody could beat him.

Mut
Mon, 03-15-2004, 03:49 AM
just don't fight gaara at the beach.

and at the chuunin exam, the ground was covered in dirt, not sand. HEHE

ComeComeParadise
Mon, 03-15-2004, 07:08 PM
I wonder what a fight between Gaara and Shikamaru would be like at night on the beach.

Stoopider
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Dirt is more or less sand.. Sand is small dirt particles. Unless you want to argue that Gaara can only control silicone substances.

I agree with Commander Raven. Can't be making him too powerful you know.

PSJ
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:34 AM
nah dirt isnt really the same as sand. sand is small, small very small stones. and dirt is more things than just small stones.

Everon
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
nah dirt isnt really the same as sand. sand is small, small very small stones. and dirt is more things than just small stones.

Yeah, dirt is decomposed critters.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 03-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Heh well im sure that the 'dirt' in the arena was pretty' sand-like', considering that so much dust flew up whenever the characters hit the ground or dug a hole i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 07:40 PM
I think he can only control HIS sand. The bloody, cursed, motherly sand that he has in his gourd.

sangai
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:22 PM
sand is rock that has been beaten down by wind and has become grandulated, dirt is well clay its harder to explain more like just earth there is a difference

and yeah gaara i think has maybe a 30 feet 360 degree circle of how far his sand can reach

Assertn
Sun, 03-21-2004, 09:35 PM
the range is exactly 53.34 feet

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:27 PM
His range is directly related to how much sand he has.

Stoopider
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:02 PM
the range is exactly 53.34 feet

Where's that from?

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:06 PM
well you can trust assertainefailure it probably right

HokageSama
Tue, 03-23-2004, 08:37 AM
well if you saw ep75 when there was a flash back of Gaara, where was his gourd then? so where did the sand he was controlling come from?

think about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SilentDevil
Wed, 03-24-2004, 10:50 PM
-------------------------
read these facts:
-------
1. i am never wrong.
2. itachi is the strongest character introduced and alive so far.
3. if you think naruto is the most powerful character, then you are stupid and wrong. potential and current available strength are two different things.
4. dbz and naruto share similiarities. duh.

1) nobody is ever right always
2) jiraiya is the strongest character introduced and alive so far.
3) if u think naruto is the most powerful character, then you are clever and correct. potential strength overweighs current available strength.
4) i dont like dbz o_O

SilentDevil
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz

and at the chuunin exam, the ground was covered in dirt, not sand. HEHE

also, this is so wrong, gaara can only control HIS own sand, which comes from within his gourd. therefore, there is only a certain amount of area he can reach. if he could control any nearby sand, he would be overpowered.

if u doubt me, rewatch the anime/ read the manga a few times more. u'll notice that the comments on his jutsu is that he "controls the sand INSIDE THE GOURD and hardens it with an enormous amount of chakra"

so please stop arguing about dirt and sand, that doesnt matter because gaara can only control his own sand.

its the same theory with shika. people said he would be unbeatable at night. at night, shadows are everywhere, but do not forget, the more shadows he has to connect to, the more area he has to cover with his shadows, the more chakra he has to use up. and seeing that even with normal fighting he already gets fatigued very easily, it would be far worst at night, however, he would be slightly at an advantage. =D

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:06 PM
gaara controlled the sand that was in shika's timer thingy in the hospital...so he CANT be limited to just the sand in his gourd

i was joking about the 53.34 ft comment....i feel kinda bad now though that people actually believed me and i hadnt corrected that in almost 2 weeks i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

RockLeeisHOT
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
Just wondering about Gaara's sand moves, can he only control the sand in his gourd or can he actually manipulate sand around him? During the forest of death fight, you see him control sand already on the ground to kill the mist genins, but in the chuunin finals, where the entire arena is covered in sand, gaara could only control the sand in his gourd. If he was able to control sand, it wouldn't matter how fast sasuke is, because the entire battlefield is sand. Just wondering. What is the range limit of Gaara's sand attacks?

it's simple. during the chuunin exam he did control sand that was already on the ground, but it was tenchically from his gourd. remember when the rain ninja sent all the needles down and the sand came out of his gourd and shielded him? it then fell to the ground. thus, it was on the ground when he attacked the rain ninja. I don't think he can control any sand but his own. the end.

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
need i remind you the sand in shika's timer? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

besides, if he can only use the sand in his gourd.....then he'd be screwed.....just consider all the times where he probably left at least a little bit behind (like when sasuke was pursuing him, he saw a trail of sand)
eventually he'd run out

and if you've seen gaara's final form.....i dont think he'd have even 1/100th of the sand it must take to form that.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
need i remind you the sand in shika's timer? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

besides, if he can only use the sand in his gourd.....then he'd be screwed.....just consider all the times where he probably left at least a little bit behind (like when sasuke was pursuing him, he saw a trail of sand)
eventually he'd run out

and if you've seen gaara's final form.....i dont think he'd have even 1/100th of the sand it must take to form that.

Huh, hourglass... yer *truly* young... didn't even watch Big O...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
And, I think there's *his* sand and Shukaku's... Maybe, there are different instances, like 1. he can use the sand around 2. Gaara's own sand (the one in the gourd) 3.Shukaku comes with his own sand. I will assume that amount of sand=amount of chakra. So like Naruto has 2 diff chacras, one of his own and the other from the kyuubi, Gaara would have his two chakras/sand and the capacity to manipulate the chakra/sand around. Like regular chakra, that all would be interrelated.
Just my theory....

RockLeeisHOT
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:24 PM

eventually he'd run out

he was created with an incarnation of sand jutsu. for all we know, his own body can create more sand from chakra + shukaku can create it. I TRUELY doubt he can control any sand... and I think Shikamaru's sand hourglass was meant to be a bad omen or something. I could be wrong.... I guess... -.- but why would he control sand that was rooms away for no reason whatsoever?

jing
Fri, 04-02-2004, 06:45 PM
how about the dessert then

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

eventually he'd run out

Huh, hourglass... yer *truly* young... didn't even watch Big O...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
And, I think there's *his* sand and Shukaku's... Maybe, there are different instances, like 1. he can use the sand around 2. Gaara's own sand (the one in the gourd) 3.Shukaku comes with his own sand. I will assume that amount of sand=amount of chakra. So like Naruto has 2 diff chacras, one of his own and the other from the kyuubi, Gaara would have his two chakras/sand and the capacity to manipulate the chakra/sand around. Like regular chakra, that all would be interrelated.
Just my theory....

i know what an hourglass is, but i dont call it that because i highly doubt it has an hour's worth of sand in it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

JTD121
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:47 PM

But his final form wasn't using his sand, it was Shuukaku(think that's how it's spelled)inside him coming out of Gaara, transforming him. Why would you think that Gaara needed sand to transform?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Assertn
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:52 PM
well, because the sand in the gourd was what covered him to become his demon form
notice how when sasuke chidori'ed him, his arm fell off and it became sand, and then he grew a tail out of sand from his gourd, and then like 20 other things happened to make it look like the sand is what is turning into the shukaku's body?

JTD121
Fri, 04-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Hm....good point there. I dunno, maybe Shukaku was starting to give Gaara the sand needed to transform? Maybe the space inside the gourd is like an alternate dimension or something...

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-02-2004, 11:09 PM

i know what an hourglass is, but i dont call it that because i highly doubt it has an hour's worth of sand in it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

*turning hourglass*
Still thinking of a good answer for you...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

originalkrn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:06 AM
WAIT... i dont know if shikamarou's ability would even work in the night... He needs a shadow to bind, not just darkness. Without the sun, shadow is very limited.

RockLeeisHOT
Sat, 04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
this has been discussed before. night isn't complete blackness. the moon and stars emit light, which causes people and objects to cast shadows. Night time would be an ideal stomping ground for Shikamaru.... that is if he had a nonstop amount of chakra. which he doesn't

Assertn
Sat, 04-03-2004, 01:26 PM
but if his shadow can move freely among other shadows, then i dont think he'd need much chakra to stretch it to the target

RockLeeisHOT
Sat, 04-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I think he has to use chakra to move his shadow o_o. if he didn't, then his fight with Temari would have been easier and he wouldn't have had to give up.

Assertn
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:36 PM
yes, but he could be just using chakra as he moves the shadow across non-shadowy parts of the floor.....which there was fairly decent amount of during the exam

Gods_Son
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:28 PM
yes, he has to use chakra to make his shadow longer than normal. That is what the jutsu is, and the jutsu requires a certain amount of chakra. Connecting to other shadows helps him extend the reach, he doesn't have to use additional chakra to connect.