PDA

View Full Version : Naruto dvds

Neji-Cof
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I have finally found naruto dvd`s wich are up to episode 64 i think. now i can whatch naruto on t.v!! for people living in toronto and want the dvds jsut ask me and i can give u the adress to the store.

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Hmmmm.....sounds legal......

Raven
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:32 PM
If you want to watch Naruto on TV, there are many other ways rather than buying dvds that are probably fake. You can burn your eps onto a VCD, or just use TV-Out from your video card.

Tenshi28
Mon, 03-15-2004, 12:10 AM
yeah personally i burn them to VCD

Neji-Cof
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
its not fake, cuz i checked. they had fake copies of somone who had just printed the originaly copies cover and stick them on the case, looks awful, but this ahs the copyright signs and everything, a link and stuff plus its a box set with cool pictures and designs on the cd..i dotn tihnk anyone would go to that extent to make a fake copy of somtihng..plus it was a bit prcey! when the fakes were 9 bucks this was 40.. for 12 episodes

Toruxxx
Mon, 03-15-2004, 11:20 AM
i thought the official naruto dvds were still doing the zabuza and wind country saga? or am i wrong?

itachi_
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:32 PM
I connect my TV (widescreen, dolby digital 7.1 surround, 36') to my comp via S-video on my graphic-card... it's really good.... and the beer.... cold.

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Cof
its not fake, cuz i checked. they had fake copies of somone who had just printed the originaly copies cover and stick them on the case, looks awful, but this ahs the copyright signs and everything, a link and stuff plus its a box set with cool pictures and designs on the cd..i dotn tihnk anyone would go to that extent to make a fake copy of somtihng..plus it was a bit prcey! when the fakes were 9 bucks this was 40.. for 12 episodes
I never said yours were fake, I meant that if you go to buy Naruto dvds there's a very good chance you'll get fake ones. And you acted as if you've never been able to watch on your tv before, there are many easy ways.

Mut
Mon, 03-15-2004, 08:19 PM
buying naruto on dvd is overrated.

Tofu #2
Tue, 03-16-2004, 12:21 AM
my dumbass cousin bought the first season of naruto on dvd. let me tell u, it sucked ass. it was subbed by this group called Manga i think. WORST SUBTITLES EVER.

on ep 19 i think it was. u know when zabuza asks naruto to lend him his kunai so he can kill that geezer? well those fags translated it as " hey kid, lend me your balsam pear." WTF???

Jman
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
my dumbass cousin bought the first season of naruto on dvd. let me tell u, it sucked ass. it was subbed by this group called Manga i think. WORST SUBTITLES EVER.

on ep 19 i think it was. u know when zabuza asks naruto to lend him his kunai so he can kill that geezer? well those fags translated it as " hey kid, lend me your balsam pear." WTF???

i remember sometime last year i heard of some lousy naruto dvds. i doubt that they were official dvds because the subs and translation on the whole were garbage. It included crap such as:
Naruto= Ninja Fox Kid
Sharingan= Chylson Eyes
Rock Lee= Leelock
Gai Sensei= Guy
Uchiha clan= genious clan
the list goes on

And the story part was structured kinda like "Ninja fox kid rivals the genious clan Sasuke.

Mut
Tue, 03-16-2004, 02:43 AM
hahahaha too funny

jonny-mt
Wed, 03-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by: Toruxxx
i thought the official naruto dvds were still doing the zabuza and wind country saga? or am i wrong?

No, the official DVDs are beyond that...I believe they're up around Ino and Sakura's fight during the Chuunin Shiken right now. Really nice covers, too; you're really tempted to get them until you realize you'd be paying $60 for three episodes of Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Vagabond
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:40 PM
If you're too lazy to burn your own anime
Here (http://www.discountanimedvd.com/) is a site that sells a bunch of imported anime's.

Reasonable prices too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Charlemagne
Wed, 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM
S-video + Computer + TV = Anime on widescreen!

Try it, it's better than the old monitor thing.

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:05 PM
i believe that the only OFFICIAL naruto dvds have no english subtitles whatsoever, and is region encoded for japan
so there really is no point in buying any naruto dvds unless they come to the US

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:58 PM
isn't watching it on your computer enough? i mean, it's a lot easier to access them.

Neji-Cof
Wed, 03-17-2004, 06:51 PM
i think subtitiles ar eno diffrent except for some few spelling errors..and no they actually use the proper names for shiruken and stuff..so i dunno wich dvds u baught..

Reason
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:25 PM
For those of you that have read the Manga brought over to the US via Viz, either through the translated Shonen Jump or the Graphic Novels, you will notice some weird names such as "Art of the Dopple-ganger" etc...I found out this is usually done (Wierd names that should be like Shadow clone instead) because someone already has the name that it would be translated as copyright protected...usually it has absolutely nothing to do with the translators at all, but comes down to a copyright issue...

- Reason -

Gods_Son
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:42 PM
All these 3 DVD sets that come out before the scheduled release are bootleg. You get that stuff all over China Town also, and the subs are worse than the fansubbers. Just keep the files on computer and don't waste your money.

The_Fourth
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:00 PM
I once tried to burn the cds onto VCD, and when I watch it on my TV it looked like crap, so I keep downloading them onto Cds.