PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto 74 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Ganesh
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:51 AM
that was really cool the fight between kankuro and shino, but they dragged the hokage fight on again..
man gaara's monster looks ugly!
overall, i can't wait for the next episode!

Kagari
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:53 AM
They didn't 'drag' it on, it's like, the most epic and important battle since the series began. Ohh, shino is badass, and so is Kankurou. Think he's dead, or just totally void of chakra? I think thats what his bugs do...

Ganesh
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:57 AM
yeh i think kankuro is just stuffed from loss of chakra, i'm sure he'll be back.
man i can't wait to see if sasuke uses his chidori on gaara!

IamSpazzy
Sun, 03-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Are either Kankaro or Shino dead?

Ganesh
Sun, 03-14-2004, 02:15 AM
that is still undecided.
but both are injured.
shino has been poisoned, while kankuro all his chakra has been drained

ad4mz41
Sun, 03-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Wow that episode was cool and action pact. Haha it was so funny when Gaara was to Temari, "get away" and he lightly shoos her away, and then she flys back like 100mph into a tree. Ah no one probably remembers lets just talk about the good parts. That fight with Shino and Kankurou was pretty good I liked it. Shino is one smart guy I would say. I dont like how Kankurou uses a puppet. He would get owned so bad against a person who uses Taijutsu like Rock Lee. And to Ganesh when you say Gaara's monster looks ugly, what is he suppose to be pretty looking with flowers growing out of his head? No, hes suppose to look like one badass mofoing monster!

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:22 AM
draggage, but not as bad as, say, the second chuunin exam. can't wait until....

oops. gotta keep myself from spoiling..

Raven
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:27 AM
I loved the pace of this episode.... nothing dragged, everything went at the speed that it should. The art/animation was great, too! It's so good to see this all animated after reading the manga. The Shino/Kankuro battle was awesome.

(btw, I altered the thread title slightly, just in case.)

tensai
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:32 AM
pretty good episode
shino was badass, kankurou held up to shino but got owned, i guess hes pretty strong to compete with shino

it was kinda funny how gaara just knocked temari out of the way, does this part show some affection toward his sister, or maybe gaara just wants to kill sasuke so badly

sasuke was just scared shitless. haha
hes just all talk i guess

cant wait till next weeks ep
damn week takes too long

Raven
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
sasuke was just scared shitless. haha
hes just all talk i guess
nah, he's not all talk. Anyone would be scared or at least surprised in that situation. Sasuke can back up any 'talk' that he comes out with.

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:52 AM
What about Jiraiya? Let's see some frog ownage.

OshadowO
Sun, 03-14-2004, 05:29 AM
last few eps have been really good and fast paced compared to typical naruto fight episodes i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Animation ain't so bad either. I'm salivating at the thought that next week we finally get to see Sasuke fight Garaa and Naruto and Sakura catch up to em(?)

itsgalf
Sun, 03-14-2004, 05:58 AM
I don't know, it was a pretty good episode. However I noticed the return of the "long ass flashbacks"

It was still a pretty good episode in all though

EDIT: Oh we finally got to see Shino's mouth!

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:21 AM
great episode. its great how they managed to put it back in place after temari's fight with sasuke. the shino fight was nicely animated. and some fun stuff to when naruto jumps into the tree lol. cant wait for the next ep.

Destiny
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Shino was awsome this episode. It's a shame he cant go any further, im sure he's got more tricks up his sleeve.
Looks like Sasuke is gonna get owned. He always acts so cocky, but ends up getting screwed; just like with Orochimaru. He's gotta the fact through his head that there are people stronger than him out there, but then again, i spose its just his character. Hope Gaara buggers him up good anyway.

Mut
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:53 AM
gaara is gonna have a stroke and then have massive seizures.

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:57 AM
that wont stop him right? lol

Kumiriko
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:58 AM
It has been a while since i read this part in the manga. can anyone derect me at what manga chapter it is? i would have just asked if thats what happend but i want to read over it agane for myself

itachi_
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:51 AM
The only good thing in this episode was when sandaime dragged orochimaru's sould back a little bit more...Shino is cool, Kankorou sucks,,, Sasgay, is gay... gaara is badass..

Karasu
Sun, 03-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Mohahaha finaly Gaara shows himself.. have been wondering for a loong time what he really is and he is even more crazy like that. I hope Sasuke gets beat up badly now, killed would be even better but thats probably to much to hope for i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. And see Gaara can do something else than standing arround. He seemd quite fast and a "tad" bit stronger now than before. As I said Gaara dont have to do flashy stuff or cool stuff until he have too and when he does it seems like he means business (or how the hell that is spelled).

I enjoyed the Shino Kankuro fight too.. maby they should have gotten a little bit more time but we got too see some things atleast.. They are both cool and both are pretty smart, but shino is more cunning than you might think. I wonder what happens to the two of them now.. seems like they are really out.

Would be nice to know what parts different styles would play in a team.. Shino is a nice "tracker" and a strategist, kankuro/karasu is a nice ambush assassin style jutsu and so on.. all styles isnt good for one on one confrontations.

Vattha
Sun, 03-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Well when someone runs out of chakra, don't they die?

Karasu
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:16 AM
didnt they say chakara and stamina. when both are out your dead?.. Dont know if that is what happened to Kankuro tho.

itachi_
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:17 AM
There was something about 8 gates, if you open the death gate you'll die.

Guizmo0
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:32 AM
hmm i dont get it .. does karasu (puppet) weigh 1000 ton ?? why in the world did it drop down ?? the gravity just went x200 ? even if his chakra was out... why would it drop down ?... instead of just going forward.

this really gets boring when they just finish a fight in 1 ep and start another and show each other faces on the side on the screen everytime with the same song.

Hyuuga Hinata
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Thats anime dude they do that so people will watch next ep.The fight between shino en kankuro owns indeed.Had fun watching it.I seriously would love to see sasuke get torn to pieces.But that again its a good guy anime so probarbly wont happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The_Fourth
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I think it was a preety good episode, the Shino vs. Kankurou fight was really cool, I also liked when Enma tells to the Third that if he doesnt kick Orochimarus ass Konoha will be destroyed. Anyways, I am aslo looking to see some Jiraiya fights.

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Hell yes, Jiraiya needs to show everyone how its done by a REAL ninja.

High Wind
Sun, 03-14-2004, 01:57 PM
This episode was so badasss

lol in the previews at the end of 73 I thought this episode was only gonna be about Gaara going crazy on Sasuke but they actually showed the Shino/Kankurou fight which, I might add, was awesome

I really wanna know whats to become of the 3rd. If he doesn't succeed in Sealing Orochimaru I'll be pissed cuz then he just dies an Orochimaru lives =/

Kagari
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: itsgalf
I don't know, it was a pretty good episode. However I noticed the return of the "long ass flashbacks"

It was still a pretty good episode in all though

EDIT: Oh we finally got to see Shino's mouth!

The flashbacks weren't long ass....we got to see the meeting between kakashi, sasuke and gaara on top of the hill, and that was the longest one. The rest of them were necessary.

Oh, and we've seen shino's mouth a few times already, so this wasn't the first i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

frexeze
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
gaara's fuckin ugly i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and shino's badass hahaha

i kinda want them to focus more on sarutobi vs orochimaru next ep.. maybe a little progress on gaara vs sasuke too, though from this ep it didnt interest me much.. it was cool when no one knew what the monster in gaara was, but now that i've seen it, i'm just like oh..is that it

*edit* also theres not much that sasuke can do that we havent seen, we already know his abilities.. sharingan + chidori + taijutsu.. the end.

Nara Shikamaru
Sun, 03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by: frexeze
gaara's fuckin ugly i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and shino's badass hahaha

totally agree. but don't you think gaara is only half transformed? and um something tells me that sasuke will get pwned or something like that. and there seems to be a lot of sasuke haters out there so i guess they happy XP. kankuro really didn't amaze me O_O. he controls a puppet .... with a bunch of poison... and other stuff ..

Aegis Runestone
Sun, 03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
I liked the way Shino and Kankuro got ready, the pacing was very good, unlike something like say, DBZ(*puke*).

Okay, Gaara is creeping me out now, that was just plain scary, yet cool. Sadly, I predict that the Hokage will die. No, this is JUST speculation. I dunno if he will or not, but I think he will. The battle is an epic, but it doesn't, I dunno, feel like Orochimaru's end to me; feels more like a phase.

tensai
Sun, 03-14-2004, 04:36 PM
sarutobi WILL die (im not a manga reader by the way)
he stated in one of the past episodes that the user of the death god jutsu takes the users soul, if he seals oros soul or not

im still waiting for the baki vs genma fight and jaraiya kickin some ass

Assertn
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Guizmo0
hmm i dont get it .. does karasu (puppet) weigh 1000 ton ?? why in the world did it drop down ?? the gravity just went x200 ? even if his chakra was out... why would it drop down ?... instead of just going forward.

this really gets boring when they just finish a fight in 1 ep and start another and show each other faces on the side on the screen everytime with the same song.

yeah, and most people say that it gets really boring when fights DO drag on more than 1 or a few episodes
can't please them all, i suppose

oh, and with the whole "karasu head flying throught the air and falling"
well it makes more sense in the manga, cause instead of flying around, it just lifts up and curves around the branch to the shino that is standing underneath. When kankuro loses control then it makes sense for the momentum to just carry it straight down. They prolly just made it fly around in the anime version to give kankuro more time to explain his tactics to the viewing audience

Junichiro
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:26 PM
that was such a great ep. i liked the cat demon that garaa has. it looks so stupid with purple vein-like things on it. it seems funny that it is some kind of cat( 5 claws small pointed ear, its a cat) and it is sand. cats use sand as a literbox. i geuss garaa is the box.

Kumiriko
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
cat demon? dint they already explan what is up with garaa in the eps he was going to Kill Lee in bed, it is more like a farret then a cat. or is it a Badger? i forget now. anywas. What chapter of the manga are they on now? i really want to re read it

r3n
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:11 PM
and in the middle of all this we have to wonder WHERE IS ROCK LEE?!?!?! OMG OMG OMG

lolz

OshadowO
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:27 PM
^hurt and dying somewhere......probably the stadium i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Sun, 03-14-2004, 10:41 PM
he is still knocked by out the genjutsu. even SAKURA noticed that it was a genjutsu. lee just croaked.

rleland
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:01 PM
i'm sorry.. cat deamon would just be cute, not scary
badgers, however..... http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com *shudder*

Nara Shikamaru
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: rleland
i'm sorry.. cat deamon would just be cute, not scary
badgers, however..... http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com *shudder*

LOLOLOL LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO!!

SNAKE ... a SNAKEE

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
It has been a while since i read this part in the manga. can anyone derect me at what manga chapter it is? i would have just asked if thats what happend but i want to read over it agane for myself

after the second chuunin exam, and before the end of the invasion. i dunno.. maybe try somewhere between chapters 130-140.

Assertn
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:12 AM
that was total BS how kankuro did a replacement technique with karasu using a log. i neither the manga nor the anime has any non-konoha person ever replaced themself with a log. They shouldve had him replace with sand, if anything.

Maybe its not a big deal.....but ive seen at least 4 log replacements within the past 5 episodes that werent ever in the manga. It's much too cheap of a technique for whoever's in charge of these scripts to get carried away with.

forgenjuro
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:30 AM
My friend pointed this out to me but at the end of the Shino battle. He had to say "I'm sorry i cant go back you up sasuke" to himself in his head before he collapsed. lol damn im tired...

Assertn
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by: forgenjuro
My friend pointed this out to me but at the end of the Shino battle. He had to say "I'm sorry i cant go back you up sasuke" to himself in his head before he collapsed. lol damn im tired...

and.......is there a problem with that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

ssjtrunks585
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Sasuke is going to own Gaara...thats all im going to say about that i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

I really want the 3rd to dig deep and hurry up and finish Orochimaru (Orochimaru is hella stupid)

Jiraya is gonna beat some serious ass, and then do the crazy dance again

I was kind of mad to see Shino become poisoned after the awesome fight against Kankurou...i hope Kankurou is dead (who wears purple face paint anyways?). Wait a tick, Shino's bugs don't eat Stupid people's chakra, so he's still prolly alive (BLAST!).

I guess in the back of my mind, i would also like Naruto to come along and beat some ass...WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE HIM SUMMON SOMETHING ALREADY? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Nara Shikamaru
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:22 PM
10 bucks that sasuke won't pwn gaara!

SilentSnake
Mon, 03-15-2004, 03:41 PM
i like sasuke and i would be happy if he would pwn gaara but... i think that's not gonna happen:S

Kumiriko
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:12 PM
yes, at least it isnt a mushroom or a snake demon. even thought if it was a snake demon i guess oro would be more intrested in the lad

itachi_
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
$100.000.000 that sasuke won't own Gaara, well that's just what I think. We'll have to wait and see.

Mut
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
i guarantee you that sasuke will make gaara cry like the little girl he is.

Aegis Runestone
Mon, 03-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
i guarantee you that sasuke will make gaara cry like the little girl he is.

Well.... I'm not so sure about that... I got a feeling... I just got a feeling that Sasuke ain't going to do it.

simplyxme
Mon, 03-15-2004, 07:46 PM
yeaaa i dont think sasuke's gonna be owning gaara.. at least not in the next episode. He seemed scared shitless and even said [ spoiler alert?? ] he hopes shino comes quick or something.

Karasu
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Well one thing that is almost for certain is that Sasuke wont be owning any Gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Did you fail to notice the madness happening in the ep? Sasuke did make a funneh tho in the end. "Looks like it wont end that fast.... Shino". Still it's going to be nice to see what Sasuke has to offer now that it's a little bit more on the edge, cause if I know Gaara right he will kill Sasuke and he wont be sissying arround just trying. Maby this fight will weak up Sasuke and present the idea that Sharingan and his current skills arnt enough as it is. and probably wont ever be vs something like Gaara.

I so want Gaara to go totaly berserk on Sasuke's spoiled little ass mmm ownage.

Ohh. And I have a feeling Shino beeing there or not wont have even the slightest impact.

NomoZ
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Of course he isn't going to beat Gaara...unless he has something up his sleave we havent seen. His fight is just giving time for Naruto and Sakura to show up...then Naruto will own Gaara by summoning Gamabunta or some other kick ass frog.

Mut
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
no! you're all wrong, sasuke will make cat litter out of gaara!

you'll see! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

EDIT: go play in your sand box gaara, you faggot!

wirm
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:05 PM
If Gaara is supposed to be the Sand's ace in the hole, then that monster must be badass.

No genin or chuunin lvl jutsu or transformation would make any difference at all. That demon must be at least jounin level, since Gaara is so important to the Sand's secret plan, whatever it is.

Plus, is it just me, or does anybody else think that Gaara is only half-way transformed. If just half of that demon is enough to scare the crap out of Sasuke, then the fully transformed demon should be way out of Sasuke's league.

IamSpazzy
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Anyone think Sauske will used the cursed seal vs gaara?

Kyubi Naruto
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:57 PM
They did say that Kazekage (Sand's Kage) + other sand villagers were afraid of Gaara. Kankaru said he lost his appetitate when he first saw the monster when he was around 6 ? So that means the villages + kazekage must've known about the monster in Gaara as well, and thats why they fear him.

No, I dont think the monster is Jounin-level if Kagekaze fears it. Probably at least hokage-level or sennin level

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i neither the manga nor the anime has any non-konoha person ever replaced themself with a log.
Wrong, it's been done by non-konoha nins in the manga. PM me if you want to know who.

Mut
Tue, 03-16-2004, 12:46 AM
CMON NOW REREAD THE CHAPTERS FOO

Karasu
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:55 AM
I dont think cursed seal will make an impact. It might take Sasuke alittle longer before dying but thats about it. Just like Wirm says. (Finaly someone that views Gaara one way I do.) If he is that important to Sand. If Orochimaru wanted to use that Gaara to beat Konoha he might just be able to to that I dont know. But if sand depends on Gaara that much then a sissy cursed seal wont make any difference, it just makes Sauske like what 3x stronger and faster. Gaara might become 20x stronger and 20x faster if he has a demon mode or spirit mode or cat mode or whatever it that badass thing is i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, so Sasuke is still fucked.

frexeze
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:57 PM
the time between episodes is pretty numb/boring

Master_Shikamaru
Tue, 03-16-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm still wondering what happened to Kakashi, Gai, and errrr.......'guy with toothpick'. Are they still fighting? Did they win? Is Gai the missing Beetle? When will these questions be answered? WHEN!!?

Xollence
Tue, 03-16-2004, 10:36 PM
I just hope the Orochimaru fight doesn't get dragged on like the fights in DBZ, where it takes 50 episodes to kill one guy.

Kumiriko
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I am rather sure that they will pause the fight or Finish it for the hokagi and Oro.

j00b
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Of course he isn't going to beat Gaara...unless he has something up his sleave we havent seen. His fight is just giving time for Naruto and Sakura to show up...then Naruto will own Gaara by summoning Gamabunta or some other kick ass frog.
I know it is a little late, but as far as Naruto summoning Gamabunta, I am pretty sure that Jaraiya already summoned him, and I think that only one person can summon him at a time.

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by: Xollence
I just hope the Orochimaru fight doesn't get dragged on like the fights in DBZ, where it takes 50 episodes to kill one guy.

the outcome of that hokage vs oro fight, regardless of which one of them wins, is still going to be far too significant for them to conclude that before the other fights that are going on right now. if you know much about the order of plot events, you'd know that the resolution of very important events should happen near the end of the saga. Considering that we know for a fact at least one of the 2 characters are gonna be dead, and that the 2 characters in question happen to be the leader of konoha and one of the 3 legendary sanin, im sure concluding that before concluding the battles that are taking place between a bunch of sand and konoha genins out in the forest would lose some of the impact of the story.

Raven
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by: j00b

Originally posted by: NomoZ
I know it is a little late, but as far as Naruto summoning Gamabunta, I am pretty sure that Jaraiya already summoned him, and I think that only one person can summon him at a time.

Nope, that toad wasn't Gammabunta. Gammabunta doesn't hold two swords, and he's bigger than that too.

onii
Wed, 03-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEnNope, that toad wasn't Gammabunta. Gammabunta doesn't hold two swords, and he's bigger than that too.Yup, CmDr_RavEn is right...
eps 56-57 is when Naruto first summons Gamabunta, you can see that Gamabunta doesnt have swords on his back. the frog that Jiraiya summons in ep73 is big, but not Gamabunta.

ep75 will probably be sasuke/gaara fight.. naruto & sakura should be arriving soon..

the 3rd season of Naruto will end at ep78 (26 x 3)
so this whole damn konoha/orochimaru conflict should be resolved by then... or at least, we'll find out who dies.

A77ALiSTiC
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
the episode was amazing... i think this was the first fight that i love even though it ended in one episode... i think more shino fans will appear now.. that guy is amazing... but i also think kankurou is cool.. if only hes good at close ranged combat....
i dont think sasuke will get rid of demon gaara... no way could he ever do that. and i dont think the anime is gonna go on with garaa breathing.. so i think the only ppl that could kill him are Naruto (summoning gamabunta OR turning into kyuubi naruto) or jiraiya, having knowing that gaara is on the loose... im hoping for a fight between demon gaara and kyuubi naruto.. that would be awesome!!

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 05:51 PM
gamabunta does have A sword. he only brings it with him during special occasions though =D

frexeze
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:14 AM
man i didnt really want orochimaru to die because i thought he was pretty cool.. well until he summoned previous hokages to fight for him.. but yeah i liked him because he was a suepr powerful evil guy.. but now that sarutobi HAS to die.. that faggot orochimaru better die too

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:52 AM
not necessarily......maybe oro will live and sarutobi will die and then jiraiya will see his fallen sensei and in a fit of rage all his white hair turns golden and.......

oh wait that wouldnt be a good ideai/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Naruto9tails
Fri, 03-19-2004, 07:00 AM
This show has got to be one of the best animes i have seen in awhile...