PDA

View Full Version : How did u come to NARUTO?

Naruto
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:48 AM
hi guys another poll °_°

how did u come to naruto?
did u see sth of it in tv
or in a comic magazine
or from the internet

HOW?

i saw naruto the first time in a mangamagazine in germany (like weekly jump ^_^)

Someonemanr
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:25 AM
My little brother showed me the manga in Shonen jump, hearing that it was also an anime, we decided to download a few episodes to see what it was like and I became hooked. Usually I give an anime some time before I decide wether it's going to be good or not, but with Naruto I pretty much knew right away.

Ganesh
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:21 AM
well for me, i used to play ragnarok online (an online rpg) and in the game a belonged to a clan named after the naruto anime, i was curious why we were called that and what it was about. my friend told me soo i then went off and tried it out to see what teh hype of it was about. and gee IT HAS BEEN THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE!

SilentSnake
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:39 AM
one of my buddies told me about naruto when i was telling him about berserk, he had about 38 ep of naruto then, i downloaded them from him and was watching them all in a row till it has ended (it were holidays soi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif).

and from then on i'm hooked and from then i'm on these forumi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:44 AM
looking for a new anime over a year ago, and I came across episode 5 of naruto. i watched all five and I was a little dissapointed because iwas really getting good. the next week there was #6, the week after 7. that is when I realized that it was still running in japan.

Shino-kun
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Was Talkin About One Piece So My Friend Opening His Big Mounth And Started Talkin About Naruto So downloaded 1st Episodes Till im Addicted To it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:07 AM
friend on the net recommended it to me back about ep 25ish, downloaded all 25 eps in like a day, and watched them all. was hooked from then on i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

funnily enuf my friend doesnt watch it nemore... wierdo

L8r
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by: Tenshi28
looking for a new anime over a year ago, and I came across episode 5 of naruto. i watched all five and I was a little dissapointed because iwas really getting good. the next week there was #6, the week after 7. that is when I realized that it was still running in japan.

thats what happened to me to i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif but i started at ep 20something
same thing with the manga i started read it..but i stop at a cliffhanger, i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif man was i pissed but then i saw the next chp a week later i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Vagabond
Sat, 03-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Well like 3 years ago i read an issue of shonen jump and the manga was in it. But i wasn't really intrested in it at that point. Then like 5 or 6 months ago my friend told me there was a really cool anime out and i had to check it out. He gave me the url to TW's site and that was when i really started to like it.
hm it's kinda weird. When i first read it i thought it was just some stupid manga about ninjas. But now i think its one of the greatest anime/manga's ever.

Same thing with one piece. I read a chapter like 3 years ago and i thought it sucked. And then like two days ago i started watching the anime and i really like it.

Junichiro
Sat, 03-13-2004, 10:31 AM
my friend got all these animes, mostly old already finnished series, and the ones he liked most he showed me. they were trigun, witch hunter robin, hellsing, and, saving the best for last, Naruto. so up until ep 58 i got them from him. i used to have a 56K but now have DSL and download them myself.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 03-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I heard about the anime on the net from a friend and checked it out. It only took one ep to hook me up on it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ssjtrunks585
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:30 AM
i subscribed to shonen jump (got that through the DBZ card game), read Naruto in the second issue, and then saw the anime online...i ve been with it since ep 1

Uberbaka
Sat, 03-13-2004, 12:26 PM
After coming home from a Lan i had a shitload of anime which included Naruto 1-the middle of the haku thingie.... So i was left hanging in the middle of the drama which i couldnt stand so i started downloading regularly.

makkura
Sat, 03-13-2004, 12:40 PM
mostly due to buzz.

everyobody was talking about it at toryama's world so one day i decided to check it out.
i was instantly hooked, so hooked that after that the anime wasn't enough so i bought a disc containing naruto in manga form on a cd, then i looked at the names of the person translating and eventually found my way here.

The_Fourth
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I started watching Naruto around The Chuunin Exam saga, ever since Ive been watching it.

tensai
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:41 PM
i first heard of it from one of my friends in college, last year
then about a week later one of my other friends came over and just happened to have a couple of episodes on CD, he showed me parts of the sasuke vs oro fight and the gaara and lee fight.
after that i got hooked

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:30 PM
bro told me.

Kumiriko
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Lets see. i picked up a Shonen Jump book. flipped thought and saw something intresting. found the manga online but they already stopped puttint it out. there was talk of starting the subbing of the anime and i just gravitated over to gotwoot some how. and havent looked back

Toruxxx
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:17 PM
i was just searching online for new anime and saw a pic of naruto look good so i dl ep1-5 but since then i love it ^_^

bitwar
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:27 PM
My mother was a librarian and now does graphic novel reviews for Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA), Diamond Comics Distributors, and does book selection for Brodart. Among the companies that send her free graphic novels is Viz, who sent her Naruto vol. 1 (before it hit stores). I didn't really read it at that point, I just sort of looked through it.

Last semester when I was at college, someone brought in this new series called Naruto and we watched all the way up to where the people giving that person the CDs was at. The first time I watched, I recognized the Title logo as that one manga I saw at home (one among many, it just has taht distinktive font). I sort of dropped off of watching before episode 40 (personal/achademic problems), and when I got back home for Winter Break (and this semester, and the next few years) I got Bit Torrent (couldn't download through the damn campus firewall) and picked up where I left off. I also picked up vol 2 of the official manga release, and plan to keep getting them as they come out (though I wish they'd come a little faster). And since then it has gone on to become my favorite anime series.

Kagari
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
A friend kept egging me on to get into this series, and I kept refusing.

Then my friend (who is ane excellent story-teller) began describing the Lee - Gaara battle while we were bunning a spliff. It sounded so incredibly cool, so I decided to give his "naruto" crap a chance. I downloaded the first ten episodes overnight, then sat down the next day, and started watching them....

After 2 weeks, I had caught up to the lee-gaara battle, and then a week later I was completely overrun - my desktop, my music playlist, my harddrive...all naruto. I love it.

frexeze
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:38 PM
hm my cousin told me one day "hey theres going to be a new anime coming out i think you'll like.." and he started downloading them and i downloaded from him and i really enjoyed it. i was kinda needing something to fill my time too, because i'd just got done watching kenshin

PSJ
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:33 PM
well i was at DC++ downloading flame of rekka and i asked a dude if he knew any other good ninja show and he told me of naruto. i downloaded ep 1-38 on DC and then i somone told me about bittorrent..

High Wind
Sun, 03-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I first heard about this from my cousin but i thought that it wasn't worth my time

a couple months later i'm at my friends house and i notice all these movie files with "Naruto" in them and I ask him what it is and he shows me.

Since then i have been hooked

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:06 PM
goddamn singaporian friends made me watch this when i was in college, when i thought anime was all pokemon, yuugioh, and dbz. now, i'm an anime addict : / (not necessarily because of naruto)

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by: bitwar
My mother was a librarian and now does graphic novel reviews for Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA), Diamond Comics Distributors, and does book selection for Brodart. Among the companies that send her free graphic novels is Viz, who sent her Naruto vol. 1 (before it hit stores). I didn't really read it at that point, I just sort of looked through it.

You know, it's pretty crazy that public libraries are starting to carry manga these days, when it used to just be marvel comics five years ago. Unfortunately, the only manga out there are the popular US anime titles, like DBZ and Pokemon, and Yuugioh.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, but i can't seem to find the way to delete the prev post.

nfamouswun
Mon, 03-15-2004, 02:20 AM
there was this chick that i was ... heheheh... i dont know if kids browse these forums so i'll just end it there.... and afterwards we started talking about anime some how... and she told me about naruto. so we drove back to her place and she gave me episodes 1-50 on cd... came back home.. and was hooked... next thing i knew the sun was out again... i went to my 12:30 class... left early.. came home... watched some more

i blame her for my addiction. i plan to go to the next anime convention around here.

Copy Ninja
Mon, 03-15-2004, 03:19 AM
My younger sister introduced it to me. She was reading the manga and I kept asking her about it, so she just showed me like the first 40 episodes of anime and i got hooked. After that, then I started reading the manga also.

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 03-15-2004, 04:02 AM
I'll always be a casual anime watcher, so the only way I found out naruto was by just random pick of the draw:

1) Find a network. I see a list of anime available for download, then I choose a name that catches my eye.

2) Something gay sounding like "princess mimi of the elf planet" or "Karaoke highschool star madoka" I don't even bother i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif But "Naruto?" yea. whyu not?

3) If I decide to try out an name, I always assess the quality of the series by the first two eps.. if the animation is crappy, then it betta be one of the older 90's titles. If the story is mediocre/indiscernable, then the choreography and the execution of the events entailed have to be engaging. Nothing lame, no over the top melodrama, and no mindless drivel speak from the characters for longer than 30 seconds. (ex: "hi Kita! Can u tell me how the weather is like?" "I dunno bob! " "me either!" "haha! bob you are always asking me questions aren't you?" "yes kita, wait...do I?" "of course ever since I've known you bob!")

4) all in all, I prob decide to try out roughly 1/15 animes circulated. Of those, I only find 1/6 to stick with!

Wait, what was the discussion topic again>? Oh yeaaa. Yea I wanted to try out naruto around the time that ep 5 was released! Ep. 1 was ok...ep 2 was silly, ep 3 I finally got the picture heheheheh.

itsgalf
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:18 AM
My korean friends kept telling me about it because they always read the korean translated manga. I just decided to download some episodes off kazaa, and then I was hooked and then someone told me that BitTorrent was better for anime..so I downloaded that and found gotwoot.net in some link somewhere O.o

simplyxme
Tue, 03-16-2004, 12:38 AM
my cousins kepy telling me how great it was but i wouldnt give it the time of day but then one day i went over my friend steve's house and saw this one fight scene that was soo goood. So then i started watching all the episdoes he had and finsihed episodes 1-52 in 2 dayss and i've been obsessive ever since i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kagari
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:26 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Master_Shikamaru
Tue, 03-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Heh, for me it was my friend. She was watching the gayest anime ever created , Prince of Tennis, when I came over to her house. After much flaying, I convinced her to change the anime to something less retarded. She took out Naruto and began watching somewhere in the second Chunin exam. Needless to say, I had NO idea what the Hell was going on, but it was still pretty cool. Later that week, another friend told me I look exactly like Lee. Not knowing who the Hell Lee was, I began to watch the series. (I beat my friend vicously when I saw what Lee looked like.) Now I'm hooked like a heroin addict!

Xollence
Tue, 03-16-2004, 10:34 PM
I typed in ninja for kaaza and got naruto results.

let_me_get_that_dirt_off_yo_shoulda
Wed, 03-17-2004, 12:13 AM
my friend told me bout it and i got that dirt off his shouldas and started watching it...man i went on these forums like a year ago and now i forgot my id and bullshiet.

Bloodhybrid
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:07 AM
i saw it on my mate Krillin the Villin's AMV he did

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:38 AM
A friend of mine was on break from his school in Virginia. We spent the week watching well over 60 hours of different anime. Part of the collection he brought back with him included the first 15 episodes of Naruto. We hooked up his computer to his father's projector and watched it on the wall. Lifesize Naruto.

Himura_san
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:22 AM
A friend of mine mentioned it, then I saw a poster and I was like "what the hell, why not?".
I watched the first 5 episodes and I knew that this anime was special, hooked ever since.

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:29 AM
After that i dll all the ep of Berserk on kazaa (the quality is really Gay) My friend tell me about this anime last weak and when the 2nd ep of naruto was finish i knew that was my kind of anime...I like all that have ninga in it but after all the 74 ep... naruto is SOOOO better that i could imaginated lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

firefly32
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:35 AM
aww....u ppl are lucky.

i got into naruto during this last summer cuz my bro started watching it and had borrowed it from his friend. at first, i was like -_- but then after laughing a bunch, and finally starting the first arc in epi 3, i really took to it.

now my brother has stopped watching (occasionally reading the manga) and like...no friends of mine watch anime. and the likeliness of me meeting someone interested in anime is near 5% in my vicinity. That is why -you- people are lucky!

a few of my friends started watching inuyasha on tv (dubbed), and then i told one of them how they can get original-subbed thru bittorrent, but then that's all >.< (and i'm too lazy to start inu yasha netime now...i mean, 142 episodes already?)

haha~ i watch PoT, but i gotta say, there've been MANY times i cover my face and think 'holy crap, this is soooo slash-y'. and then i pause and minimize the screen when someone is near, in case they see it and get...odd ideas.

jonny-mt
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm studying abroad in Kyoto, Japan this year (about to come to an end, though...*sniff*) and one of my good friends found the manga at a book store and got it because it looked cool. He got another friend hooked (although the latter could really only look at the pretty pictures), and then they rented the first DVD and showed it at school in the lounge, where I stumbled in on it. Later after another guy who lives in the apartment building was watching a fansubbed version, I went on Kazaa and started downloading. Loved the first episode, got hooked, went straight to the source at Toriyama's World. When I caught up to them, I ran another search and found AonE subs, and now I'm working on getting everybody else at my school hooked before I head home in a little over a month....

Recently, I got some money from my parents for my birthday. Went out and blew a third of it buying all the published Naruto manga plus the guide, character, and fan books (21 published books plus the other three). Blew another third or so on this (http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic1/4531894145363_1.jpg) shirt (http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic2/4531894145363_2.jpg), which in fact just came in today and I'm wearing as I type this. I'm planning on spending the other third on a tattoo--I have a design in mind already, but I suppose I could always put it on my stomach and change it to look a little more like a seal....

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: jonny-mt
I'm studying abroad in Kyoto, Japan this year (about to come to an end, though...*sniff*) and one of my good friends found the manga at a book store and got it because it looked cool. He got another friend hooked (although the latter could really only look at the pretty pictures), and then they rented the first DVD and showed it at school in the lounge, where I stumbled in on it. Later after another guy who lives in the apartment building was watching a fansubbed version, I went on Kazaa and started downloading. Loved the first episode, got hooked, went straight to the source at Toriyama's World. When I caught up to them, I ran another search and found AonE subs, and now I'm working on getting everybody else at my school hooked before I head home in a little over a month....

Recently, I got some money from my parents for my birthday. Went out and blew a third of it buying all the published Naruto manga plus the guide, character, and fan books (21 published books plus the other three). Blew another third or so on this (http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic1/4531894145363_1.jpg) shirt (http://www.cospa.com/ctlgpic2/4531894145363_2.jpg), which in fact just came in today and I'm wearing as I type this. I'm planning on spending the other third on a tattoo--I have a design in mind already, but I suppose I could always put it on my stomach and change it to look a little more like a seal....

Your a damn lucky guy lol...my dream will be to go like in japan, in tokyo..i called those dream (nice hot chicks asian and nice animes i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:19 PM
no no.....tokyo is in japan......you need to stop mixing those 2 up i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
no no.....tokyo is in japan......you need to stop mixing those 2 up i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Totally.

Saruto
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif lol sorry i'm like a llittle baked from now i will be okay whit it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

japan...

...JAPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN

ok now it's alright i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

NM
Fri, 03-19-2004, 10:42 PM
I first saw the Naruto manga in Shonen Jump. I asked my friend if there was any place where I can get the Naruto anime and he showed me Gotwoot and Bit Torrent.

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 03-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Japan is great, I have to admit it. I came across it a few months ago while at my cousins apt. in Shibuya. I loved it, so now I watch it alot (and cosplay Orochimaru ^.^)

Baka-chan
Sat, 03-20-2004, 03:27 PM
i was at Oekaki Central and saw some naruto fanart and people were talkin about how great it was, so i decided to d/l some episodes off kazaa. then i found bittorrent (=

riftwing
Sat, 03-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I just looked in AonE's topic and saw the first episode was out so I downloaded it to check it out.

NewGuyinTown
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:14 PM
There were more than 1000 ppl dling this anime. I kind of hesitated because there were already 70 episodes, but I got to read 250/270 pages and write a report with 3/14 days left. So, I just dl all 70 episodes since I didn't need to use my comp and I finished all of em just in time for the next episode.

JTD121
Sat, 03-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Hm...I had heard about it at a forum I still go to, but I wasn't too much into the whole fansub thing. After a while, I ran out of liscensed anime, so I came to the fansub scene. I downloaded a bunch of stuff, and, while already in the third season, I decided to download all of Naruto at once. After about a month of downloading through BT and off of IRC later, I finally got all the way up to 75 in about a week of combined watching time.

I also plan to begin buying the manga when they have a few more volumes out in the US, they only have three out so far.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

HimizujinEternia
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I started attending Colorado State University this year, and I soon found out that a new Anime Club was starting up this year as well. Their planned shows were LastEXILE and Naruto. I was curious, and so I joined. I never regretted it; Naruto was always Awesome, and LastEXILE became my favorite series (until I started downloading FMA and watched Scrapped Princess, that is.)

I ended up watching all the episodes when a friend gave me a couple DVD-Rs with all the episodes up to that point for my birthday. After that, I started downloading.

Naruto
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:27 AM
nice stories 8-)

xgemini13
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM
my story, i asked a few friends some animes i should see, i was kinda out of stuff to see, that i could think of at like 3 in the morning, and they were all like: holy crap! you havnt seen naruto yet?!?, so i dled it from gotwoot i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Sensei_Kakashi
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:00 PM
My new best friend showed me episode 65-68 on his comp..
and i got hooked so i downloaded starting at episode one.
I am currently at episode 40 and moving(yay for mei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Naruto
Tue, 03-23-2004, 09:22 AM
lol cool to see all episodes ^^
at a weekend me and my best friend wanted to watch all episodes from i think it was 1- ca.50
we watched and watched but after 10 episodes we were tired and stoped the whole thing ^^

*kibakun*
Tue, 03-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone and yes umm the person that got me into this was a friend of mines and we both knew about naruto from shonen jump u know. and he wasthe first one to find the episodes from him me a couple of my friends and his are now into it hardcore.

weed
Tue, 03-23-2004, 11:48 AM
A coworker brought Naruto aswell and Kenshin,trigun, and Berzerk to work to watch, hooked began watch em at work all the time. Was a security guard lots anime time

anime050
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:24 PM
My friend told me it was "crack". SO I watched it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

sangai
Tue, 03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
my friends said it was better than dbz, so in my undeniable state i watched and got hooked faster than i did on dbz i had seen 16 episodes of naruto and was like damn it took 54 episodes of dbz for me to love it

so yeah my friend got me started on it

Sensei_Kakashi
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:10 PM
ya my friend said it was like dbz but way cooler...
and that the animaiton is better too thats how he got
me to watch iti/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

B@ki_fight
Wed, 03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
hhhmmmm i got into naruto by reading the weekly jump manga comics and the story line is way awsome .... .... plus like the whole ninja and bushido thing .... soon naruto came out in anime i have to watch it.... ...i/expressions/devil.gif now i'am a big naruto freak i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

BakaShinji
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by: nfamouswun
there was this chick that i was ... heheheh... i dont know if kids browse these forums so i'll just end it there.... and afterwards we started talking about anime some how... and she told me about naruto. so we drove back to her place and she gave me episodes 1-50 on cd... came back home.. and was hooked... next thing i knew the sun was out again... i went to my 12:30 class... left early.. came home... watched some more

i blame her for my addiction. i plan to go to the next anime convention around here.

haha - so you used her for her anime? LOL.
as for me, started around eps 35. watched the Oro vs sasuke fight, finished the anime to the end in about 2 days. couldn't wait for the weekly releases for the anime. downloaded the manga from some german site. finished that in 2 days as well. waiting for the weekly releases of the manga now.

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 03-25-2004, 01:16 AM
I remember going to my friend's house often to get anime (i didn't have cable then, only a 56k...Yah i know it sucks). He actually introduce me to naruto, but i refused to watch it. LOL. Dont ask me why i did that, i cant even remember why i committed such a sin. Anyway i notice a few weeks later that lots of people were getting naruto (around epi 17 there were only 1000+ people getting it compared to the present 6000+). So i asked him for it. Got a cable connection at around epi 36 and have been downloading and converting my other friends to wordship naruto. Hahaha.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Damn AssertnFailure for getting me hooked!

i/expressions/devil.gif

basey44
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:45 AM
i was looking for a good anime to watch, cos the only one i knew was dbz( yea i know its sad) and i remember a guy talking about naruto in school a few months ago, so i decided to download it.
i started downloading exactly 1 week ago. i thinkn ep 77 might have just come out
anyway today i caught up and have now watched them all
thank u very much school holidays

Krbadass
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:48 AM
Friend told me about it.

complich8
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:50 AM
back before the days of ubiquitous bittorrent and large numbers of easy to find sources of bandwidth, I was running aone's distro (and doing some qc work when it came around). Naruto came onto the distro plate, I held out for 3 or 4 weeks for lack of time to watch but then was like "hmm, ok, I'll give it a shot".

I don't remember when exactly I first started doing qc for it ... I think it was in the first 10 eps though. I've probably worked on 50-60 of the very near 80 episodes out now (regardless of how many times I actually appear in the credits i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif).

Feannag
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:46 AM
ex-GF/roommate watched it since #5, I watched over her shoulder when she watched 66-67 while I put together a desk (headphones on so I didn't hear anything). I asked about it, she had 1 - 10 still on CD. I watched 'em, was hooked, and got every one up to 78.

We always have Naruto arguments and discussions, that's probably the bulk of time we spend actually talking to one another.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, I play Everquest, and at the Rogue board in the non-EQ section there were a couple threads on this anime. Eventually, I sucked it up and went to take a look. Glad I did. Learned about One Piece the same way.

What was more surprising to me is that I already owned a couple issues of Shonen Jump, and I didn't even remember that both series were in the magazine when I started watching them. Couple weeks later I picked up one of them and looked at it again and went "Oh hey! Thats Naruto! And thats Luffy!"

Pyron
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
i forgot what site it was but Naruto was one of the top downloaded series. so i downloaded a few of them and i loved it from there on. at the time 66-67 was the latest episode and i only thought there was that many episodes...i'm happy i was wrong

Tass
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:31 PM
ok...its been a couple days...i bet one post couldn't hurt =)

I think i came to Naruto very diferent then most of you. I was talking to a friend, and we hit i silent spell, so i started humming the end theme from Inuasha* (Dont think i spelled that right) my friend, upon hearing this, told me about the band that played it (cant remember they're name off the top of my head) and one thing led to another, the song wind (end theme to Naruto's 1st season) came up. next day, i got a burnt cd with a couple songs on it, one of which was wind! i love, and still love that song! lol! asked him where he got it, and he gave me the adress to narutofan.com! not only did i get a nice playlist full of music, i got episode 2-4 (#1 didnt and still doesnt work) and now im hooked =)

>>>condensed version for those that dont like to read long long posts like i do:

"friend told me about music, i went to get more, and i found out about the anime."

SK
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
When Shonen Jump started having it I thought it was awesome then I recently decided to watch the anime.

InnerSakuraChan
Tue, 04-13-2004, 03:06 PM
well, be the lucky SOB's that we are, every friday in my Japanese class we watch anime. thats how i got exposed to anime - before i thought it was all dbz and pokemon - so anyway once we started to watch naruto - and i was hooked

androshalforc
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:50 PM
i downloaded an ep from the internet miner spoiler

the episode was in the middle of the chunin exam when naruto was getting trained by jariyama or however you spell it well anyway i liked it and i started downloading all the eps i could of course i was using kazaa at the time and it took forever so then a friend told me about gotwoot and a day later i had all the eps of naruto out there including redownloading all the eps i had because some were a little fuzzy

Hokage Naruto
Tue, 04-13-2004, 06:30 PM
I found out about it from shonin jump. I got interested in it because of all the jutsus and stuff.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:37 PM
a friend asked me to dled some eps for him bc he already has the 1st eps to about eps 20, so he aksed me to dle form eps 21 and up and hell give me the rest, so while i was dling them i was like fuk it might as well just start dling form eps one,saw the first eps and now im addicted to it, got so hooked on to it that the manga also drew me in and now im hooked on both the manga and anime. pln on going to the next anime convention next month, thinkning as going as chouji, his char appearece suits me best.

Click
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
I saw it at my cousins place... Just started watching it, saw episode 74 at his place, came home from my trip and started downloading... I'm up to episode 50 now, starting from the beginning, by far my favorite Anime

Knives122
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:04 PM
my friend told me about it at school

The_Guru
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:29 PM
actually read about the manga on toriyamaworld.com......after that i saw that there was an anime released by the TW group. my cousin then told me about this site called animesuki.com and i decided to just download some random animes. it just so happened that naruto was one of them along with cooking master boy i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. the rest is history u could say. since then i've been reading the manga and watching the anime. definitely one of the best random anime picks i've done in a while.

now if there were just some other animes out there that are as good. nowadays i only watch a few animes since most of the newer ones aren't as good.....

Xceleration
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:28 AM
My friend recommended it to me about a year ago, and i've been waiting ever since for each episode/chapter of manga to come out each week!

saeadeb
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:37 AM
I found out from OCRemix.org forum people talking about it. I think it was on like ep 71 when I found out, I had them all watched by ep 73. I work and have college too, so that tells you how little of a life I have i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sangai
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:45 AM
when i had started watching it the series was already around 34. it was my friend that got me intrested.

kyuubi
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:23 AM
How did I come to Naruto...it was over a year ago I believe...I had downloaded some eps jus because I'm what you call an "anime packrat", and one day I watched..been hooked since the first ep!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Samurai_Sennin
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Shonen Jump. Complain all you want about it, but it's an awesum magazine....it's because of that magazine that I found out about 2 of my favorite animes, Shaman King & Naruto.

spaceboy250
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:26 AM
my friends told me early last year about it and told me to download some but I never remembered. So he gave me a burnt DVD of the first 25, started watching and loving it. Whilst watching those 25 I downloaded the other 9 and watched all 34 episodes in one long go, since I was off work for a couple of days sick. A nice way to spend a sick day or 2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:41 AM
My friend brought his 80 gig hard drive to my house to watch anime. And at that time he had like episode 1-21. So we watched the first episode. And then we watched the second episode. And then we watched the third episode. And then we watched the fourth episode. And then..

Simply put it. I was hooked on to it ever since.

naruto03
Wed, 04-14-2004, 02:22 PM
My brother said that i might like this anime!
I only used to watch Shadow skill then but now the only thing i watch is Naruto! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:19 PM
well i was reading s.j. febuary '03 issue i read naruto..and around that time i knew about fansubs.bla bla went to an irc channel some one kept on posting about naruto and its all great and all and ive been d/l it ever since.then in november i found gotwoot.net and it went downhill since then lol j/k.....

AkimichiChouji
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:23 PM
A friend of mine from college (Kagashi) was watching an episode with another guy in the class, at this time it was i think episode 70 or so? And i quickly downloaded all the episodes and caught up in two weeks (thats a lot of episodes to watch) and i have to say its been one of my fav anime series.

I am also trying to introduce those guys to different animes too because the only one they actually like is Naruto...

.akai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:30 AM
First saw Naruto online and was pretty turned off when the art then.
I ran out of anime to watch during one of my school vacations (slightly more than a year ago)... couldn't stand the boredom...and I was forced to watch Naruto as a result.

Strange enough, I now love the artwork of this anime.

Mcdougal
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:42 PM
A couple of classmates of mine where fans of Naruto, discussing episodes in class and such. Now at the time i thought Animes where pretty much Pokemon and DBZ, and asked them how they possibly could find such crap interesting. Luckily, my friend had just burned 72 episodes to CD's, and was kind enough t lend them to me...
Needless to say, i got hooked....bad. I finished watching all 72 eps in little over 2 days. Now i can't get enough of it.

McFlurry82
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Was helping run a booth at CNAnime convetion in toronto and ppl kept askin naruto stuff, i had also heard ppl where paying s$$$ loads of money for some , at the time i thought, stupid head band thingy and wondered what the hell was all the hype about, so i went home downloaded at the time around ep 24, and was hooked rite away, and of course i got lots of my friends hooked after bruning them to cds hehehehe...