PDA

View Full Version : Fraud at NarutoFan

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:41 AM
So what does everyone think about the potential "fraud" at NarutoFan

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:48 AM
i think it's just some script kiddies using dos attacks to piss everyone off. if it's a illegal and eligible for legal actions, i'd take it and sue the asshole(s).

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:53 AM
I am trying to play the unbyast 3rd party. but it is getting harder and harder, especially now that naruto guide is down along with naruto fan, and naruto chaos had been hacked after trigunflame allegedly posted a link to a conversation him and tazmo shared, this whole thing is a big mess that is tearing us naruto lovers apart.

Ronin
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:09 AM
I am a former member of the NarutoForums Moderator team, I don't know who to believe. I mean I have known Kevin since b4 NarutoFan, but as most other webmasters said it doesnt take 600$ a month for hosting. Some site hosts Naruto Episodes and they dont use even close to that ammount. And NarutoFan only hosts Manga.

XwingRob
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
I thought they hosted anime too?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:40 AM
yeah i know they get the anime, in fact they normally get it first

Vagabond
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:37 AM
they host the torrents. Not direct downloads.

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
What exactly is going on with 'fraud' at NarutoFan?

Legendary Nin
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Some dumb bitch attack Naruto forums,and I believe GW as well.Probably associated panzees as well attack Narutofan.God,those kids must be hardcore computer nerds or something,they need t find another hobby.

Vagabond
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:56 PM
What, i thought they were just redesigning this time.
???

Didn't the whole thing with angelic happen awhile ago?

BigR
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:19 PM
I figured it was down this time due to redesigning as well.

Ronin
Sun, 03-14-2004, 02:20 AM
They dont even host the torrents they just link to the sites where the torrents are...

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:38 AM
some kids attacking diffrent naruto sites? damn what is this. they probably dont got much of a life.

Tenshi28
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:51 AM
From what I got, trigunflame left narutofan and then they had to compleatly re-write the script for the page. Naruto Chaos was also hacked, but i already said that. And now (if anyone actually noticed) naruto guide joined naruto fan.

Vagabond
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Please explain to me how this is fraud. Trigunflame left narutofan for his own personal reasons and tazmo is showing him respect by not using tf's script for the site. I don't remember anything about site being hacked.

Or are you talking about the reason why tf left naruto fan?

Tenshi28
Mon, 03-15-2004, 12:05 AM
yeah why tf left naruto fan, and naruto chaos's comments page about the matter did get hacked

Everon
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:56 PM
I think someone hacked NarutoFan and altered teh dollar amount to $600 at the bottom (how much money they've recieved from fans).

There was also some argument where Trigunflame claimed that money wasn't going to where it belonged, and the webmaster trying to defend himself by saying that Trigunflame was constantly asking for his paypal account, which he considered unreasonable. This is all of course from my shotty memory, so don't take my word for it.

shamest
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:07 AM
What fraud ? Someone provided a very well laided out site and provided my with a east access to my naruto manga and anima plus music. Yeah they did upgrader theier machine. BUT I gave money willingly to support the site. I noticed there been a few naruto sites with forums having attacks beside narutofan. I think their linked likely some little brat or grown up punk harressing the sites because they got booted for being jerks is the most likelly answer.

Himura_san
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:15 AM
I used to be on Narutoforums and I am glad I am away from that soap opera!
Sheesh I mean they get "hacked" how many times? at least 4 times while I was there.
A good admin would tighten things up after being hacked and obviously did not happen.
Also this whole thing between Trigunflame and the current admin, I find rather sad.
Well they can throw mud at each other all they want I will stick here for now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2004, 03:28 AM
profiting from a fansite about a series they did not make is a bad thing.....its ok if ALL the money goes towards bandwidth and server space, but if the guy is making several hundred $s and keeping it to himself, then thats just wrong

AlbinoFury
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:02 AM
naruto fan is just loads of drama these days i steer clear. I mean they have the night where tazmo took down the site cause he was pissed and all the other admins spazzed and though he was gonna kill himself. then you have tazmo leaving for good, and trigunflame long gone now too. now the site doesnt even open, sorry to say it but narutofans days may be numbered.

oh and;
Long live the Woot!
(loyal wooter from day 1)

jing
Fri, 03-19-2004, 11:46 AM
It doesnt cost 600$ to host a site. But they give out prizes weekly and monthly that is over hundreds of dollars of value.
Naruto Guide joined NarutoFan, OLD NEWS, their old server didn't work out. OLD news.....
They are getting attacked by some kids, I don't know why.... i see nothing wrong with Narutofan. it hasnt done anything bad to me.

hornetmike
Fri, 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM
New member fresh from narutofan. it really was a great site for people who love the series. Maybe even the best. But all the drama and hacking is starting to get out of hand. Plus there's the hole fraud thing there. I think everyone is tired of the drama now. I've always been coming to this site but i haven't been a member of the forums. but from what i can tell the Woot is just as good.

Ciber
Fri, 03-19-2004, 05:04 PM
We are very dissapointed in these sites taking advantage of our fans and our work.

Narutofan was pretty bad at ripping off fans and now they seem to be gone with thousands of the fans money.

Narutoinfo.com seems to be headed in the same direction as Narutofan... they are already asking for donations for a site which has not even opened and asking for donations everytime the fans ask if there will be download links etc for Naruto.

They seem to be giving fans the impression that if they don't give them money that they won't be able to get their hands on Naruto.

Both Anbu and us, have official download sites and also have download bots in our official channels. We will always have Naruto for you on our sites and channels for download for free and neither of us are going anywhere.

Our fansubs are FREE and we look down upon these sites and anyone trying to make money off of them.

hiddenpookie
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:10 PM
lady's and gentlemen thats a good man^^^^^^^^^^^^ who cares about narutofan.com i stay here in gotwoot and thats it ...

Everon
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Three cheers to the Gotwoot web team. Hip Hip Hooray.

Hokage_Naruto
Sun, 03-21-2004, 04:31 PM
I agree, with all the drama going on in the Naruto forums just because of envy, jelousy and greed. Both naruto info and naruto fan are both going down. Id like to think of it as Karma, what goes around comes around.

Personally i dont know what happenned but from what I heard and read on their sites. i dont trust neither one.

TF seems cocky arrogant and Tazmo being the calm and collected one seems too suspicious. For TF to bash Tazmo and Narutofan endlessly and not seeing Tazmo respond is all too suspicious.

But whatever, I dont see why I should donate to a site where all they do is give out links to the true naruto sites that give away fansubbed anime and translated manga.

Perrsonally Ill only donate to sites like Narutomania.com where as the webmaster there is really cool and actually HOST direct download manga and anime. NOW THATS A SITE worth donating to.

Also I may not be a hardcore Anbu fansub fan like the rest but I still respect the guys here just because they work hard and fansubbed more than one anime.

Ciber
Sun, 03-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage_Naruto
I agree, with all the drama going on in the Naruto forums just because of envy, jelousy and greed. Both naruto info and naruto fan are both going down. Id like to think of it as Karma, what goes around comes around.

Personally i dont know what happenned but from what I heard and read on their sites. i dont trust neither one.

TF seems cocky arrogant and Tazmo being the calm and collected one seems too suspicious. For TF to bash Tazmo and Narutofan endlessly and not seeing Tazmo respond is all too suspicious.

But whatever, I dont see why I should donate to a site where all they do is give out links to the true naruto sites that give away fansubbed anime and translated manga.

Perrsonally Ill only donate to sites like Narutomania.com where as the webmaster there is really cool and actually HOST direct download manga and anime. NOW THATS A SITE worth donating to.

Also I may not be a hardcore Anbu fansub fan like the rest but I still respect the guys here just because they work hard and fansubbed more than one anime.

I will be having a talk with Narutomania also. We don't approve of their "Donators Only Downloads".

simplyxme
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:53 PM
drama drama drama.

i agree with everon- hiphiphoray~

Hokage_Naruto
Mon, 03-22-2004, 11:09 AM
I will be having a talk with Narutomania also. We don't approve of their "Donators Only Downloads".

Yeah but the donators only section is for all the episodes.
The site has a public download page for everyone to see. And its not like he is asking for 500-600 dollars like other sites. He is asking for 150.

Assertn
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
$150???
there are anime box-sets you can buy with that much money

when places ask for donations....they usually get it in amounts more like $5
if you're gonna throw your money away, then might as well just buy em off ebay.....you could prolly get burned copies of every naruto episode for like, $50

hmm....wait.....i have an ebay account AND a burner.....
jk i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

itachi_
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah it's pretty screwed when I think about it, if they will have $ first then downloads then they can make a high quality fansub with permanent release days by themself, AonE is as said free, the n00bs who donate to them should realise there are more sources then just those websites, I remember in episode 1-5, there was a total chaos, there were no bots in the mirc channels, just fservs and hardly any BT torrents, the people were happy if they've got an episode back then...

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 01:48 PM
well just to get every thing straightend out trigunflame left then tazmo left so now there is some new guy runnin the show

naruto fan gets hundreds of dollars in donations that they don't really need they are huge ass theifs and what not

there site sucks cause it is under constant attack

personally i never did like narutofan the only good thing about it was the fact they could get the manga so fast and they would get the raws too

it's nice to see gotwoot is adding the manga but i still like lookin at the raw

is there a place on mirc that puts out the raws

Ciber
Mon, 03-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
well just to get every thing straightend out trigunflame left then tazmo left so now there is some new guy runnin the show

naruto fan gets hundreds of dollars in donations that they don't really need they are huge ass theifs and what not

there site sucks cause it is under constant attack

personally i never did like narutofan the only good thing about it was the fact they could get the manga so fast and they would get the raws too

it's nice to see gotwoot is adding the manga but i still like lookin at the raw

is there a place on mirc that puts out the raws

We put up the raw as soon as it's released.

I already spoke to Inane and we will also have the manga the second it's ready for release.

lionheart1012000
Mon, 03-22-2004, 04:32 PM
bleh, the only thing i ever liked about naruto fan was their little section on the hand movements thingy. it had pics and the name and thats basically the only thing i enjoyed...seeing as i just wanted to learn them for no real reason lol

sangai
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:09 PM
thats extremly nice to hear ciber i look forward to getting the raw on firday (if its released) and can't wait for inane's

im truely glad to see that got woot is adding the manga

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 03-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes. Very glad indeed.

Hokage_Naruto
Tue, 03-23-2004, 12:41 PM
WOW I cant believe you talked to Narutomania to get rid of donators only download!!

Kakashi does a lot more than sell ur episodes. he encodes it for people who does not have divx codecs or windows xp or windows media player over 7.0

He encodes it to wmv, mpeg, and all that stuff. Its not like he is taking advantage of you and making a shiet load of profits.

I personally dont know how u guys pay for ur server costs, but some of these peeps like Kakashi dont have money to pay for mega servers where they can hosts a lot of anime files. He is askin for 150! not 600 dollars like NF. Give the guy a break please? Its things like these that get websites start askin for 300-400 dollars.

Ciber
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:19 PM
WOW I cant believe you talked to Narutomania to get rid of donators only download!!

Kakashi does a lot more than sell ur episodes. he encodes it for people who does not have divx codecs or windows xp or windows media player over 7.0

He encodes it to wmv, mpeg, and all that stuff. Its not like he is taking advantage of you and making a shiet load of profits.

I personally dont know how u guys pay for ur server costs, but some of these peeps like Kakashi dont have money to pay for mega servers where they can hosts a lot of anime files. He is askin for 150! not 600 dollars like NF. Give the guy a break please? Its things like these that get websites start askin for 300-400 dollars.

If we allow him to charge, what will stop everyone else from charging? How would we know who is being honest? How would we know he's not using his schools bandwidth or some other free source of bandwidth?

If we let people start distributing their own encodes of our releases, soon there will be 300 different versions of them going around, for example, that kid distributing crappy 40 mb .RM's of our releases. I downloaded it and it was horrible, an insult to us really.

We distribute our files and have people who provide free download links all over. If you can't afford to run servers then you probably should not have bought them. We can't have people charging for our releases just so they can pay the bills for their fansite. I thought the whole point of a fansite was to support the show, not have the show pay its bills.

PS: We pay our bills out of our own pockets.

Sakaki-
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:30 PM

Making money and re-encoding our work for anything but personal use is frowned upon.

DarKBoArDeR
Tue, 03-23-2004, 06:49 PM
This is a real simple discussion with a real simple answer. It's not right to charge someone for work that you didnt do. We fansub naruto for free. We give up time out of our lives (and yes we actually have lives) to fansub naruto for the fans, and these kiddies have the nerve to charge for our FREE work. anbudom.net and gotwoot do not charge for naruto and other sites should do the same. If you cant afford a server then dont buy one. Do NOT charge people for naruto. This is not a request it is a command. For all the leechers out there, do not be fooled by lame ass site charging for naruto or any other fansub. Fansubs are free and will always be FREE.

lionheart1012000
Wed, 03-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by: DarKBoArDeR
This is a real simple discussion with a real simple answer. It's not right to charge someone for work that you didnt do. We fansub naruto for free. We give up time out of our lives (and yes we actually have lives) to fansub naruto for the fans, and these kiddies have the nerve to charge for our FREE work. anbudom.net and gotwoot do not charge for naruto and other sites should do the same. If you cant afford a server then dont buy one. Do NOT charge people for naruto. This is not a request it is a command. For all the leechers out there, do not be fooled by lame ass site charging for naruto or any other fansub. Fansubs are free and will always be FREE.

Amen.

sorry if my post was out of place, and i hope its not spam.