View Full Version : Country and Heritage

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:47 AM
i/expressions/beer.gif

Hi I'm from USA (Dallas, TX)
My dad is Swedish, my mom Irish i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:01 AM
currently in sb since i attend ucsb. from la, california, but originally from korea.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:07 AM
Cool I know some Korean peeps, do you ever go to visit?

TeLeKiNeSiS
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:15 AM
i was born in california, lived in california all my life, im 17 now. im american (obviously) however i am by blood half chinese, one fourth armenian, one eighth french, one eighth irish

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:39 AM
nah, i moved here in 93 and haven't been back since.

narukid
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:40 AM
i born in eilat...in israel...

Raven
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:06 AM
I was born and raised in Australia where I currently live, but my dad is 100% English so I guess that makes me half.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:11 AM
My country is England i class myself as english not british don't be putting me in the same catagory as them sheep shaggin welsh. Irish and Scotish ok but no damn welsh.
As for heritage well im anglo european and im a beer drinkin lagar lout football (soccer for you yanks) hooligan

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Born and raised in San Francisco, Irish to the core baby, nadda nother thing. My folks came from ireland 10 years before I was born.

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
My country is England i class myself as english not british don't be putting me in the same catagory as them sheep shaggin welsh. Irish and Scotish ok but no damn welsh.
As for heritage well im anglo european and im a beer drinkin lagar lout football (soccer for you yanks) hooligan

lol as for me, i live in scotland, im half welsh, half scottish, im 1/8th english but i like to forget about that bit...

was born in edinburgh, lived in zambia (africa) for 3 years, then in HK for 5 years, and came back here (edinburgh) like 9 years ago.

P.S. the english are mostly originally from france i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hiddenpookie
Sat, 03-13-2004, 10:55 AM
u guys are really booored...my heriatge is hispanic i was born and raised in america...and no i dont sound like a mexican...

*kibakun*
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
im brasilian was born there and now live in the US, both parents are brasilian with a little bit of italian and african.

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: r3n

lol as for me, i live in scotland, im half welsh, half scottish, im 1/8th english but i like to forget about that bit...

was born in edinburgh, lived in zambia (africa) for 3 years, then in HK for 5 years, and came back here (edinburgh) like 9 years ago.

P.S. the english are mostly originally from france i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I always thought most english came from Italy after they invaded us, fucked all our women and gave us Christianity and roads etc...ah well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm English but the Welsh rule...they have well cool accents.

Gods_Son
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm African, born in Boston, after parents got divorced, moved to Japan with my dad and lived there for 5 years. Dad arrested so I was sent back to live with mom in Boston. She died two years later, so now I'm living with my step dad in New Jersey.

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul

Originally posted by: r3n

I always thought most english came from Italy after they invaded us, fucked all our women and gave us Christianity and roads etc...ah well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm English but the Welsh rule...they have well cool accents.

yeah the romans did kinda conquer. but they only ruled, they didnt really live here, cos the weather sucks/women arent that nice/ppl smell etc. the normans invaded in like 10000-ish killed a loada brits and settled here cos its basically the same as northern france. the only true british ppl are scottish, welsh, and northern irish. quite ironic that. even the queen and her family are foreign. they only changed theyre name to windsor during the 2nd world war because of the rising hatred towards the germans.

neway i wanna leave this island as soon as i can. weather sucks, ppl are generally inconsiderate and irritating (townies etc).

Thi3f
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:21 PM

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:12 PM
EDIT - forgot to include quote *looks for 'rolls eyes' smiley...doesn't find it*

r3n: yeah the romans did kinda conquer. but they only ruled, they didnt really live here, cos the weather sucks/women arent that nice/ppl smell etc. the normans invaded in like 10000-ish killed a loada brits and settled here cos its basically the same as northern france. the only true british ppl are scottish, welsh, and northern irish. quite ironic that. even the queen and her family are foreign. they only changed theyre name to windsor during the 2nd world war because of the rising hatred towards the germans.

neway i wanna leave this island as soon as i can. weather sucks, ppl are generally inconsiderate and irritating (townies etc).

My history is pretty shit, so I'll take your word for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Yeah, everyone pretty much comes from somewhere else according to the theory I heard - that everyone on earth pretty much originated in Africa ages ago then spread across the world...the races then changed to suit their atmospheric conditions etc...I think that probably makes sense that everyone started off in one place...

Townies suck, I have to go to Uni in Manchester so I encounter them by the fucking bucketload - scallies/townies totally suck

I'd hate to leave this place...I like the weather too (I guess thats pretty perverse but I like the novelty when it is actually warm and sunny - you appreciate it more - or when you go abroad etc)...

Bet it'd be cool to live in Japan though...manga and anime being much more readily (and cheaply) available...better films, better music etc...then again everythings meant to be pretty strict over there...I'm pretty lazy so I wouldn't last too long there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm in America. Born in California, moved to the east coast, Maryland, when I was young. Aside from a year up in Massachussettes I've lived here since. I'm a quarter Irish, quarter Scottish, quarter Norwegian and a quarter European mutt. I've got a small bit of Native American in me somewhere.

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:26 PM
yeah i used to live in HK so im used to hot climate, living in scotland kinda sucks for that lol. going to japan this summer with my mate for a month. cant wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

spose were all from the same place originally neway i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, after all were all related! the concept of countries and continents only creates contempt between fellow humans

Iznogoud
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:27 PM
French french french...but not like those fools in south france!
I'm from the north i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
north > all i wish i was swedish i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Power PMV
Sat, 03-13-2004, 10:44 PM
I was born in Venezuela, South America. But I go to college in the US. (UC Berkeley) So I live in the US about 9 months per years now.

Baka-chan
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:02 PM
born and raised in america, like.. 1/4 polish i think

rogue_noir
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Born in China, went to K-12 in the U.S. (Michigan), currently living in California

El Duende
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Born in Argentina, My father and My mother also argentinans, but my grandpas, born in Spanish, and Libia

complich8
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:32 PM
USA! USA!

I'm a generic midwest white guy, ethnically I'm a european mutt, skewed toward german. Born and raised in northern Illinois, now living in central Indiana (born near corn, raised near corn, currently surrounded by .... you guessed it, corn).

JTD121
Mon, 03-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I was born in the US. I am Irish (have red hair to prove it), French, Scottish, and Japanese. That's right, my grandmother is Japanese, so ha! *shrugs*

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Koyuki
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Well I live in Norway, but I'am 1/3 filipino, 1/3 norwegian, also a bit spanish, american and a little bit Japanese i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Areku-kun
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:19 PM
US... 1/2 japanese... the other part of the fraction is made up of random askew nationalities.

lionheart1012000
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:20 PM
texas, im like...hispanic and i dont have a friggin accent...my mom keeps botherin me saying im like 1/8 japanese cause of her great grandather or somethin, but bleh, i dont believe her one bit.