PDA

View Full Version : Book: The Dark Tower series

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Anybody read them?

Just curious, because I think they are pretty amazing, and they seem like something that the people on this board might be able to get into.

KakashiSensei
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Just to let you know this series got me into Reading
It is by far my most favourite novel series ever. Stephen King in these novels shows how great a writer he really is getting away from the over bearing Horror he usually writes. This Set of novels was started more then 30 years ago when Stephen King first started University.

Must read for everyone. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:54 PM
And it must be mentioned that The Dark Tower series is King's proudest and most genuine work, as he incorporates elements of the series into much of his other novels, ex. The Stand, Rose Madder, Hearts in Atlantis, etc. I got Wolves of the Calla when it came out, but I am still working my way through the previous books again to get all caught up.

KakashiSensei
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:34 AM
You have to read the re-released Gunslinger. He edited it to make more sense and flow with the other novels and tie up some inconsistancies. Worth it to go back b/c the first book was done before he went crazy with detail and its a quick read.

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 03-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Heh...already got it and read it.

KakashiSensei
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise
Heh...already got it and read it.

figured that as much. If you were as much of a die hard fan I was then you would have. LOL i/expressions/beer.gif cheers

SideLabel
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I love this series as well, and I am currently reading the fifth book, Wolves of the Calla. The fift book seems rather different from the others, but no less great. I recommend this series to all who like to read.