PDA

View Full Version : Inane 208 - Official Discussion *SPOILERS*

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
go get it here yay finally gonna read more about shikamaru's battle

Get it Here!! (http://xplo.free.fr/naruto208[Inane].zip)

all i got to say about this chapter is....it's F***IN AWESOME!!!(one of the best chapters in the series IMO)

well i guess it really doesn't work:/ i still got it from that link though oh well go get it on mirc or wait for narutofan to upload it

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
The link dosen't work, it ain't out on #mangareaders, so why should it be out there, prolly a fake one!

Raven
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:05 AM
If he's already read the chapter, how can it be fake? DeluxSkillz has been around since the beginning, he wouldn't play tricks.

But yeah, the link doesn't work. Checking NarutoFan now.

Cloud 9
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:15 AM
How uncool. NarutoFan is down. I don't know how Inane would release it so fast, but I guess it's possible. If anyone gets any more information on this (such as where to get it), we'd all appreciate it.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:17 AM
You can go to the back-up channel at rizon #mangareaders, ask MR|Hachi-Roku, He got it...

Though the fast release has also resulted in decreased quality, don't you think?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:20 AM
no the quality is the same as always it's amazing, anyway the link does work h t t p://xplo . free . fr/naruto208[ Inane ]. zip

Raven
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:22 AM
That's why the original link didn't work, you didn't put the [] around Inane.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
that's the problem, a while back i had the same problem, i know the link is legit because i downloaded it from there but when i copied and pasted the link and posted it turned out without the [ ]

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Well #mangareaders is alot better, anyway... fast release! faster then ANBU&AonE Episode, that's unusually

Raven
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Ok, I changed the thread's title, and seeing as there's no 24 hour rule, let's get some discussion going.

Shika just continues to impress, doesn't he? I just knew he'd work out some brilliant strategy to defeat her. Will that be the end of their battle, or will it continue?

The next chapter said "Naruto vs Kim", so that suggests that Shika vs Tayuya is over. And it said "next time - the visitors" or something, so it must be talking about the ones that Kiba was referring to .... "what are they doing here?"

Overall, awesome chapter. Shika rocks.

PSJ
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
GAH! the fuckin link doesnt work :'(

meshi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:32 AM
heres ware you can get chapter 208 (http://xplo.free.fr/)
and shika rolz!!!!! but do you think naji and choji are alive?

CupCake
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:33 AM
I give up ='(

Toruxxx
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:55 AM
ahhh thank u meshi now lets see what it is like.

EDIT: just read it and it is a fucking kick ass chapter shika kicked ass!!

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
holy crap batman
i guess u just dont mess with shikamaru
tayuya didnt look as bad as i thought she would in her level 2 form

Vagabond
Fri, 03-12-2004, 12:22 PM
bleh i hope its lee and sakura.
But that would be weird. eh who knows.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 03-12-2004, 12:46 PM
The question of the day: can Shikamaru become any more bad ass? He is practically a god among the characters right now! Brains beats everything, it seems.

Wren
Fri, 03-12-2004, 01:23 PM
shikamaru kicks ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Hotsuma
Fri, 03-12-2004, 01:47 PM
This, my friends, is the example of a perfect chapter in the current storyline. One chapter. No pointless dialogue in between. Fast, and intense all at once.

The Troublesome One
Fri, 03-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Man that was a sweet chapter, this is why Shikamaru is my favourite character.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Everything he does is calculated, nothing that he do is meaningless, exept watching the clouds i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif... he's 200 steps ahead of the opponent, then it's pretty easy to win.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:26 PM
I think this chapter sucked, but I'm glad it's over with. Kishimoto made it seem as if Shika could tell the future. Throwing a kunai down so that Tayuya could pick it up. What BS!!! How many nins pick up other nin's kunai. They usually pull one out of their fanny pack. Just such B.S.

I bet shika could beat anybody and I mean anybody. Shika could beat Jaraiya, Oro, Tsunade, Itachi, Sasuke, Naruto, just anybody. Why? Because he can see the future. He knows that if he drops something someone will pick it up.

All you sharingan lovers out there, you should all be pissed off, becaue shika just ripped Itachi and Sasuke a new one. Shika's insight is better than both Itachi and Sasuke put together. Shika knew what Tayuya would be doing, before she did it.

Vagabond
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:28 PM
i think the point was that tayuya had no other weapon besides her flute. So to finish off shika she needed some kind of weapon.

Destroyor
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Great chapter, and all hail Shikamaru! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway the next "Naruto vs Kimimaro, an irregular happening inthe midst of battle!; Next issue, 'The Visitors" really really got my hopes up. Please let my crackpot theory be right, Please let my crackpot theory be right!!!! Muhahahahahahahahah (*I'm losing it here) .... Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.

Ok, I'll stop and patiently wait for the next chapter now.

Hotsuma
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:33 PM
I don't think it's really about telling the future.. More like, being able to decipher the opponents weakness by analysis and then moving based on that. It's all really about judgement.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: VagabondLBD
i think the point was that tayuya had no other weapon besides her flute.

I knew someone would say that. Have you really seen a nin that didn't at least have 1 kunai or 1 shuriken. I'm pretty sure there has to be a law about that. But seriously, if she claims that her only weapon is the flute and only the flute, why did she discard her only weapon. If she uses a Kunai, then her only weapon isn't a flute. Do you get the fallacy in this statement, since she picked up the kunai.

It's like Kenshin throwing away his sakabatou, to pick up a katana. When Kenshin's only weapon is the sakabatou.

Vagabond
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:44 PM
um she discarded her only weapon because she had no further use for it. And i said the only weapon she had was the flute. Not the only weapon she could use is the flute.
Also i don't remember seeing any kunai or shuriken holsters on her. (could be wrong)

Cloud 9
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:04 PM
I thought it was a great chapter. Not much more I can say about it other than that. I'm ready to see more of the Naruto fight, though.

makkura
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:05 PM
i just wanna be sure of something, on page 18 he punches her in the stomach, right ?

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm not talking about what you said. I'm talking about what she said.

She said: "The flute is my only weapon, don't make me repeat this."
If the flute is her only weapon then why did she pick up a kunai.
She should have been able to stab him with the flute, her only weapon.
So what I'm trying to say is that she should have never made this statement. If she was going to use another type of weapon.

If she can't use the flute in close range combat then what does she use? Hand to hand? A kunai? What?
If she only uses the flute then that means she can only fight from a distance (if the flute can not be used in had to hand combat). Then why move into enemy range? Why the spur of the moment rush in to kill? You would think that Tayuya would know her own limitations better than shika.

This chapter just wreaks. It was just too convenient for skika and his "byaringan". No one can defeat Shika when he uses his byaringan.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by: Cloud 9
I thought it was a great chapter. Not much more I can say about it other than that. I'm ready to see more of the Naruto fight, though.

No, if he punches her in the stomach then she stabs him in his (mimic).

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes, he punch her in her stomach

I wonder how they will show his broken finger in the anime, he must have a real "pain in the ass" right now...

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:14 PM
awesome chapter but ok, where's sasuke.

Hotsuma
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
awesome chapter but ok, where's sasuke.

In a barrel. Getting ready to kick Naruto's ass, when he pops out. Maybe even Kimimaro's.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Err? why don't she mimic his punch and cut him with her kunai? or is it because of that new technique that he performed? because it dosen't seem that she mimic his moves at all.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:22 PM
it seemed as if he used the shadow neck bind in conjunction with the shadow bind thus holding her in place as well as the choking that is soon to occur. I doubt he will kill her though since shes a girl and he constantly says he doesnt wanna fight girls so I doubt he will kill her maybe just crush some bones with the jutsu.

Chi Chi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
I'm not talking about what you said. I'm talking about what she said.

She should have been able to stab him with the flute, her only weapon.
So what I'm trying to say is that she should have never made this statement. If she was going to use another type of weapon.

If she can't use the flute in close range combat then what does she use? Hand to hand? A kunai? What?
If she only uses the flute then that means she can only fight from a distance (if the flute can not be used in had to hand combat). Then why move into enemy range? Why the spur of the moment rush in to kill? You would think that Tayuya would know her own limitations better than shika.

This chapter just wreaks. It was just too convenient for skika and his "byaringan". No one can defeat Shika when he uses his byaringan.

She can't use her flute because she had to get rid of her only attacking force, her summons. She also thought Shikimaru couldn't move. So she just had to kill him with that Kunai. If Kenshin wanted to kill someone, he'd have to use that Katana to cause his Sakaba doesn't kill people.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
i thought he's katana was just a reverse blade. that being a sword with the blade part on the opposite side of the sword you strike with.

anyway, i don't think stabbing someone with a flute does any serious damage. i mean, it's a blunt end. all of shika's fights are about him outsmarting his opponent. there isn't really another way he can win or survive in fights.

i think when she said her flute is her only weapon so proudly, she was saying that she can do many things with it. such as control those summons and use genjutsu. but whatevers, anyone think that itachi and kisame or others will show in the next chapter? it does say "THE VISITORS!" D:

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
it seemed as if he used the shadow neck bind in conjunction with the shadow bind thus holding her in place as well as the choking that is soon to occur. I doubt he will kill her though since shes a girl and he constantly says he doesnt wanna fight girls so I doubt he will kill her maybe just crush some bones with the jutsu.

Yeah I think so too, He's too mature to kill a female... maybe he will force her to give up.

derzo
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I think Shikamaru is gonna kill her. He knows the consequences of the mission and if he doesn't kill her, she might come back later to hurt whats left of the group. Rememer, Shika thinks WAY ahead.

Anyways... I wish I was as smart as Shika. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:54 PM
like people have been saying tayuya said her only weapon was the flute
and up until now im guessing thats all she needed
its not that shikamaru can tell the future jus that he made a good assumption that she would pick up his kunai
jus think, if u were gonna kill someone who u thought was immobile and u had a flute and a kunai in front of u, wut would u do?

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: derzo
I think Shikamaru is gonna kill her. He knows the consequences of the mission and if he doesn't kill her, she might come back later to hurt whats left of the group. Rememer, Shika thinks WAY ahead.

Anyways... I wish I was as smart as Shika. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shikamaru would think it would be too mendokse (troublesome) to kill her i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 03:57 PM
kimimaro will kill her.

NOthing Is Real
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:15 PM
is it just me or that Shikamaru is getting smarter all the time?
at first he wasn't able to think of any kind of 'super' plan to beat the sound trio in the forest of death.
after that he wasn't able to find a way to hold down a few sound chunins without dying.
and now, all of a sudden, he's able to run in the forest for miles, use his shadow no jutsu multipie times, control super awsome beings with it while avoiding being hit, and then he uses a new (and probably even more chackra consuming) jutsu, along with the old one, and that's while fighting against tens of genjutsu.
besides, how can he perform seals with a broken finger?

just for once, I'd like to see someone else displaying some sort of 'cool thinking', why can't Naruto use a bit more of his brain instead of another kage bunshin? he has done it before in the Zabuza first fight (without even majorly hurting himself!).

I'm also waiting to see a chapter in which Shikamaru faces someone eaqually as smart as him, or at least someone who manages to read through him. why couldn't Tayuya pull out another trump card? it wouldn't suprise anyone if the sound four elite (who are supposed to be able to match a jounin, more or less) could actually act like ninjas and show why they are the elite...

damn, all shikamaru needs now is some black leather jacket and he can be offically the next 'no can beat me' guy after Itachi (and udon, but let's keep this seriousi/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif), i can just see a sworm of fangirls drooling over him (i met a few of them today, do you how hard it is to talk about naruto when everything above episode 13 is a spoiler?).

next chapter better show someone being a smart ninja...

Kyto
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Well son of a bitch, (http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v42/Kyto1984/flute.jpg) if she says so.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by: NOthing Is Real
is it just me or that Shikamaru is getting smarter all the time?
at first he wasn't able to think of any kind of 'super' plan to beat the sound trio in the forest of death.
after that he wasn't able to find a way to hold down a few sound chunins without dying.
and now, all of a sudden, he's able to run in the forest for miles, use his shadow no jutsu multipie times, control super awsome beings with it while avoiding being hit, and then he uses a new (and probably even more chackra consuming) jutsu, along with the old one, and that's while fighting against tens of genjutsu.
besides, how can he perform seals with a broken finger?

next chapter better show someone being a smart ninja...
shika was able to do all of the crap he did against tayuya cuz he became a better skilled and stronger ninja...it's not like he stayed the same from all the way back to the chuunin exam days. and for the jutsus with a broken finger...i think he still maintained both of the shadow jutsus. i don't think he ever "stopped" it. so he was able to still control it even with a broken finger.

and showing someone else with shika's intelligence would take away the only thing that separates him and the others. naruto is just gay.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by: Chi Chi

She can't use her flute because she had to get rid of her only attacking force, her summons. She also thought Shikimaru couldn't move. So she just had to kill him with that Kunai. If Kenshin wanted to kill someone, he'd have to use that Katana to cause his Sakaba doesn't kill people.

Would it not have been better, since Shika was supposedly caught in a genjutsu, for Tayuya to use her summon to kill Shika; instead of grabbing a kunai? Of course it would, she states over and over again that her only weapon is the flute. That's the point I'm trying to make.

The writer introduced this logic to us (her only weapon is the flute). They do this intentionally to setup the kunai. I understand all this. But to have Tayuya grab the kunai, it's just to convenient for Shika. She would have summoned her minnions with her "only weapon" the flute, especially since he's trapped by the genjutsu. She wouldn't have thrown away her only weapon just to pick up a foreign weapon, especially since she's good at long range combat.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
Err? why don't she mimic his punch and cut him with her kunai? or is it because of that new technique that he performed? because it dosen't seem that she mimic his moves at all.

That's why she couldn't have hit him.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM

shika was able to do all of the crap he did against tayuya cuz he became a better skilled and stronger ninja...it's not like he stayed the same from all the way back to the chuunin exam days. and for the jutsus with a broken finger...i think he still maintained both of the shadow jutsus. i don't think he ever "stopped" it. so he was able to still control it even with a broken finger.

and showing someone else with shika's intelligence would take away the only thing that separates him and the others. naruto is just gay.

So everyone has to be dumb or gay just for Shika's sake?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Cant download it even in the parent directory. Its frustrating, since all of you guys say its so good. And Narutofan's down. Aaack.

::Goes re-read other chapters::

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:50 PM
They did host it at narutofan.com for a while though, it was down for maintence but it still hosted it, otherwise #mangareaders @ rizon is good, there are several bots that has it, WHY is everyone so "wtf mIRC?!" just use it, it's really good for anime/manga.

PSJ
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
why can i only find a joke chapter in that site meshi posted? damnit i want this chapter!!!

Naruto-sama
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:04 PM
i have the chapter

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
why can i only find a joke chapter in that site meshi posted? damnit i want this chapter!!!

Now fast jiraya, go to narutofan.com, they host it, still the site is down but you can get chapter 208 there.. quick before it close again..

EDIT: refering you to Narutofan.com choose mirror 1 or 2, hayyaku!

PSJ
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM
damn damn damn damn i was to late. fack. and i cant use mirc either :'(

AlbinoFury
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:14 PM
oh 2 other things

1. Anbupawn you continue to rock our world with your awesome cover coloring, its an honor to have you grace this board of ye of so many mad skillz.

2. Is it just me or does shika cop a feel on the chick he neck binding? here pic is enclosed
Shikamaru - Ero Chuunin! (http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/13541/shikagrope.jpg)

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
I think it's just you that have such pervert thoughts when you're reading the manga. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And jiraya, it's uploaded and ready for download at www.narutoex.com, in the manga section.

PSJ
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
oh great thank you itachi you are a saint.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah you are!!!

::Goes download::

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:30 PM
AAAAAAH two images are corrupted!!!

But it still rocks. Man, Shikamaru is just so damn cool!!! he planned everything!!! And we have Naruto next!! Oh man, why can't it be next week's friday??

Chi Chi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by: Chi Chi

Would it not have been better, since Shika was supposedly caught in a genjutsu, for Tayuya to use her summon to kill Shika; instead of grabbing a kunai? Of course it would, she states over and over again that her only weapon is the flute. That's the point I'm trying to make.

The writer introduced this logic to us (her only weapon is the flute). They do this intentionally to setup the kunai. I understand all this. But to have Tayuya grab the kunai, it's just to convenient for Shika. She would have summoned her minnions with her "only weapon" the flute, especially since he's trapped by the genjutsu. She wouldn't have thrown away her only weapon just to pick up a foreign weapon, especially since she's good at long range combat.

Maybe she can't summon them more then once a day or a certain time limit.

sangai
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:47 PM
damn is it me or did narutoex remove 208 cause it isn't in there manga section

XwingRob
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Wow, that was an awesome chapter.
In the future, Shikamaru is probaly gonna be Naruto's advisor or something like that.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:57 PM

So everyone has to be dumb or gay just for Shika's sake?

no one is dumbor gay. everyone's just got their own style. everyone being super smart is stupid.

and tayuya summoning those three again is stupid and repetitive.

sangai
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:00 PM
does any one else no where to find it besides naruto ex and xplo's thing (neither seem to work)

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Chapter 208 is listed as the second 207 in narutex.

And the kunai thing, remember that Orochimaru himself stated that Tayuya has a bad behaviour and gets caught up in the game easily, so she though that Shikamaru was trapped inside her genjutsu, right?

So, inside the genjutsu, Shikamaru throws the kunai and "misses" _because_ of the genjutsu, or so Tayuya thinks. "Because" of the genjutsu, Shikamaru releases the Shadow-Bind and allows Tayuya to get closer, and Tayuya surely thought something like "Oh look, the kunai which he threw at me and missed! Wouldn't it be ironic if I picked it up and killed him with his own, last, useless weapon? Yes, it would!"

So she picks it up, and goes to him, and bam! Shika surprises all again (or not) and proves you can be cool without being a jerk like Sasuke.

'Sides, she can't kill Shikamaru with a flute! Unless the flute was either made of steel or had a pointy end (which it doesn't), she needed something... so she had to use the kunai. So there.

(of course, its still convenient for the plot. But its not as bad as it could've been!)

sangai
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
thank you

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
hiten mitsurugi, i dont quite understand wut ur saying
wut do u mean its too convenient for her to pick up the kunai?
its not like shes dumb, its that shikamaru is so much more smarter and set her up
shikamaru actually thinks things through and things happen for a reason
and yes she couldve summoned again but the thing is she thought it didnt matter cuz she thought he was trapped for good
wuts ur deal with shikamaru?

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm saying that if your used to killing with your flute for lets say 15 years (what ever her age is), she's not going to throw away her flute on whim of picking up a dropped kunai. It just doesn't happen. She wasn't trapped when she was using her genjutsu, she could have easily summoned again. But the authors make her out to be some freakin idiot. If the authors are willing to kill off chouji or neji; why the hell can't it be Shika instead?

Let me give you an example:
During the fight between the third and Oro, while the 4 gates were busy maintaining the barrier, why didn't Shikamaru just throw a kunai in front of Tayuya? I mean she would have lost all concentration and she would have grabbed it just to lunge at shika, attempting to kill him. Thus bringing down the barrier and the third would still be alive. Is Tayuya this stupid?
Do you see how stupid this sounds.

It's not that I don't like Shika, he's just too weak. One of the gennins or the only chunnin had better die in this arc. Two jounins were easily routed, but it aint no big deal for Shika and his byaringan.

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:50 PM
lol
ur example makes no sense at all

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: Come Come Paradise
lol
ur example makes no sense at all

That's exactly my point. This episode was so cheap. The "W" was just given to Shika. It would have been more exciting for Tayuya to just to hang herself.

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
thats not wut i meant
i mean ur logic is so confusing
shikamaru didnt jus win cuz tayuya jus had to use the kunai
he planned things out and tricked her, TRICKED her
its not jus coincidence or luck
not every battle is gonna be "powering up, turning into super saiyan" and stuff
some are gonna be mostly strategy like this one where theres not much flash just substance

Augury
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has made any note yet that Shikamaru doesn't seem anywhere near a "near-death" state like Chouji, Neji, or Kiba. Things are looking pretty good for him since he has Tayuya in her Level 2 Curse form. Perhaps Shika will get away without becoming disabled like everyone else. Or if he does, what's Kishimoto going to do? Make his new move suck up all his chakra?

Anyways, about hiten mitsurugi's arguments that the win was given to Shika... I think Winged Dancer makes a good point against it along the lines that Tayuya was probably just giving attitude.

And the kunai thing, remember that Orochimaru himself stated that Tayuya has a bad behaviour and gets caught up in the game easily, so she though that Shikamaru was trapped inside her genjutsu, right?

So, inside the genjutsu, Shikamaru throws the kunai and "misses" _because_ of the genjutsu, or so Tayuya thinks. "Because" of the genjutsu, Shikamaru releases the Shadow-Bind and allows Tayuya to get closer, and Tayuya surely thought something like "Oh look, the kunai which he threw at me and missed! Wouldn't it be ironic if I picked it up and killed him with his own, last, useless weapon? Yes, it would!"

EDIT: Gah once again I can't quote properly so I fixed it

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Just you wait, A level2 shinobi won't loose with just a few punches here and there... it requires some powerful new jutsu from Shikamaru to beat her...no doubt

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by: Cloud 9
I think he punched her in the boob. That pervert.

Maybe stabbing him with a flute isn't exactly a great idea...

I doubt he will kill her though since shes a girl and he constantly says he doesnt wanna fight girls so I doubt he will kill her maybe just crush some bones with the jutsu.
Pervert Shikamaru - we all know what he's going to do... or maybe I'm just thinking it with my perverted thoughts...

Augury
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:25 PM
How do you get the quote to have that "Originally posted by: Name" thing in it? Or rather, what am I doing different that is making it not show up? =(

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by: Augury
How do you get the quote to have that "Originally posted by: Name" thing in it? Or rather, what am I doing different that is making it not show up? =(

use "[" "q/b/i" "]" to start it
use "[" "/" "q/b/i" "]" to end it.

or just use the "quote button" on this message.

Augury
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok, thanks. So it'd be [ q / b / i ] quote goes here [ / q / b / i ] after removing your quotation marks right?

EDIT: Geez I never saw that quote button on the message until now, damn. I kept trying to use the quote button in the reply window instead ><
Thanks

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: Come Come Paradise
thats not wut i meant
i mean ur logic is so confusing
shikamaru didnt jus win cuz tayuya jus had to use the kunai
he planned things out and tricked her, TRICKED her
its not jus coincidence or luck
not every battle is gonna be "powering up, turning into super saiyan" and stuff
some are gonna be mostly strategy like this one where theres not much flash just substance

Ok, follow this logic.

1. If the only weapon she has is the flute and she only summons. Then she uses only long range attacks. Agreed? Yes/No
If yes then proceed. If no, then what other types of weapons enable her to attack at short range? And if she has other weapons then her statement (author's) claim of her only weapon being the flute is false.
If you answered yes to #1:
Why would she rush in to a proximity where she can be bound by Shika's shadow? She clearly saw an example when her summons were caught by Shika.

Is it (A) She clearly can't learn from her summons and she really is as stupid as the authors make her out to be. Even the spider guy stayed away from the range of Neji's 64 hands of haku.
But Tayuya can't be that dumb right?
or is it (B) She really wouldn't have gone into an area where she could be reached by Shika's shadow jutsus, thus learning from her summons. Especially since her craft is fighting from a distance, thus emphasizing the use of her flute.

If you picked (A) then there is nothing left to talk about since you obviously think that Tayuya is an idiot.
If you picked (B) when Shika was caught by her genjutsu. She would have summoned her minnions again to kill Shika, thus emphasizing the flute being her only weapon, staying out of Shika's shadow bind range, and supports her fighting ability - which is fighting from a distance.

Can you follow the logic and the emphassis that the authors were putting on the flute.

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:37 PM
q, b, i does different things
q will make a quote
b will make bold
i will do something .. i think italicize.
and the /q, /b, /i will end the tag - it's like HTML

btw, i liked this chapter. less DBZ like. more thinking like.
I'm glad the writers decided to put a nice mini twist in their battles. It was getting tiresome watching characters powerup and win.
And Shika feeling up Tayuya with his shadow is their not so subtle way of showing his ecchiness. heh heh heh

Edit: I just noticed "q" "b" sounds like kyubi.. haha... has naruto taken over my life?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Mmh, as Augury has said already, its weird that no one has said anything about Shikamaru being pretty much alive and well at the moment.

What I mean is, Chouji over-exerted his body - almost dead if not dead.
Neji got a few holes all around his torso - almost dead, if not dead.
Kiba has a nasty wound in his stomach and may be swimming around a rapid - almost dead if not dead!

And given that Tayuya has just gone into level 2, she's not going down that fast... and, even better, she's not going to be killed by a kunai. A simple kunai has never killed _anyone_ in this show so far, and Tayuya (being the equivalent of a dungeon boss) wont be the exception.

So its obvious that Tayuya vs. Shikamaru is not done yet... Shika has a broken finger only. He has to go to the near-death state before killing her/disabling her... or at least thats what the patter would say.

And c'mon, Mitsurugi... its called taunting. It happens all of the time in anime and manga!!
Besides, Tayuya's summons only eat chakra/life energy... so they'd have to stomp Shikamaru to kill him, and then they'd get close to him, and then they'd get Shadow-binded, and its the same thing all over again.

BakaShinji
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:46 PM

1. If the only weapon she has is the flute and she only summons. Then she uses only long range attacks. Agreed? Yes/No

Yes, proceeding.

Why would she rush in to a proximity where she can be bound by Shika's shadow?
A. She really is as stupid as the authors make her out to be.
B. Her craft is fighting from a distance, thus emphasizing the use of her flute.

What about the counter claims of C,D,E,F,G, H, I?

C. Maybe she is stupid?
D. She had used her flute to do the genjutsu.
E. She believed she had Shika disabled. a.k.a. proximity rush is A-O-K.
F. She wanted Shika to suffer the irony of defeat
G. It makes good story telling.
H. Summoning monsters she had jsut cancelled would be bad form. Have you seen Jiraiya, Oro, Tsunade ever resummon their summons repeatedly in the same battle? We might as well go back to manga chapter 203 again.
I. You haven't thought about this enough yet Hiten.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Agree with Baka Shinji in all of his points there. Specially with letter E - rushing and kicking the enemy while he's down is one of the best strategies out there!!
Even better than distracting them with complicated traps so they let their guard down and you can capture them so they escape and you can capture them yet again because it was all a contrived lie...

...or something like that.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugiWhy would she rush in to a proximity where she can be bound by Shika's shadow? She clearly saw an example when her summons were caught by Shika.

i don't know what you're not understanding. on page 18, she says: "...he then pretended that he was still being cornered by the jutsu."

which means that he tricked her into thinking that she saw an opening.

and if you ask "why didn't shikamaru just bind her with the shadow jutsu if he's gonna break his finger with it." well, as you can see he can't see anything but himself in that imaginary world tayuya put him in.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: BakaShinji

Yes, proceeding.

Why would she rush in to a proximity where she can be bound by Shika's shadow?
A. She really is as stupid as the authors make her out to be.
B. Her craft is fighting from a distance, thus emphasizing the use of her flute.

What about the counter claims of C,D,E,F,G, H, I?

C. Maybe she is stupid?
D. She had used her flute to do the genjutsu.
E. She believed she had Shika disabled. a.k.a. proximity rush is A-O-K.
F. She wanted Shika to suffer the irony of defeat
G. It makes good story telling.
H. Summoning monsters she had jsut cancelled would be bad form. Have you seen Jiraiya, Oro, Tsunade ever resummon their summons repeatedly in the same battle? We might as well go back to manga chapter 203 again.
I. You haven't thought about this enough yet Hiten.

Answer to your C: That would be similar to my A answer.
Answer to your D: The flute performs both the genjutsu and summons. So she does a duet instead of a solo.
Answer to your E: Disagrees with you answering yes to her attacks being based from long range.
Answer to your F: Your talking about a seasoned killer here. They have probably killed dozens of people since being with Oro. Why would she all of a sudden lose her cool with Shika. Is Shika that lucky?
Answer to your G: If it floats your boat great. But I believe that this is cheesier than Chouji using a red pill. It would have been better if Shika just dropped the kunai, "Oops I dropped the Kunai, Tayuya cuold you please pick it up for me?" Then while Tayuya's picking it up, Shika drops a log on her head. Sure it's great story telling.
Answer to your H: Are you saying that she will have bad luck for the rest of her life? LOL. Yes, I've seen Jaraiya summon little frog and then Gamabunta.
Answer to your I: Dude I've thought about this. It stinks, but that's my opinion. Your entitled to yours. I just feel that the authors made it far too easy for shika in this match, especially with him having the new state of the art "byaringan."

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:46 PM
i just think you're thinking too much into this. people (probably me too) in this forum have a problem of not being able to take thing as it is.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:52 PM
i just think you're thinking too much into this. people (probably me too) in this forum have a problem of not being able to take thing as it is.

Dazzz, you should be careful, because if you give Kishimoto an inch. He'll have Shika's byaringan vs. Itachi's Sharinga. You and I both know that since byaringan is stronger, shika will throw a kunai down at Itachi's feet. Itachi will pick it up, inner itachi thinking (hahaha, I'll kill him with his own kunai), rushes Shika. Shika will bind him at the last minute and break Itachi's neck. All this after he crushed Itachi's menge Jutsu by breaking his index finger.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
i'll follow along with your sarcasm and say:

i believe itachi's menge sharingan is a lot more powerful than tayuya's genjutsu.

/end sarcasm.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:58 PM
the only thing that can redeem this fight is if Tayuya will also use some chess metaphore and beat shikamaru's byaringan abilities by reaviling some thinking abilites (which the sound 5 seem to lack so far)... maybe then i would like this battle...

BTW: what was the deal with the 'hands' shikamaru was mentioning? Chess is a game with board and pisces, you use the term hands when dealing with cards, ne?

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I wonder how much more powerful Kakashi would be if he had a byukugen in one eye and the sharingan in the other. I think that would be bad ass.

Since Neji may be dead, Kakashi shouldn't let it go to waste. He should take the initiative and get the eye and have Tsunade operate immediately.

Iznogoud
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I wonder how much more powerful Kakashi would be if he had a byukugen in one eye and the sharingan in the other. I think that would be bad ass.

Since Neji may be dead, Kakashi shouldn't let it go to waste. He should take the initiative and get the eye and have Tsunade operate immediately.
i strongly disagree!
Who said he got it that way anyway ?
Until nothing is revealed i won't believe in that...
This sounds just too stupid.

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:40 PM
shikamaru's battle was sorta easy cuz he made it that way
why do u think hes the only genin to graduate to chuunin?
even tho he doesnt have an assload of jutsus and such, he does have an iq over 200, thats gotta count for something

Kumiriko
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Ok i dint read any of the posts but apprently Naruto fan is down or i cant get to it. where can i get this chapter? Can someone PM me the url?

Everon
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:21 PM
So shikamaru does now a new jutsu. Sweet

tuggumkee
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:32 PM
hiten mitsurugi, i understand what your saying. why use a kunai when she can use her flute? she's been using her flute for however long she's been fighting, and she's always won with it.

However i think your taking her statement too strict / line for line. It doesn't mean that her whole time fighting as a ninja, she's never used anything except the summons to kill someone. It means more along the lines that she's used the flute to gain victory, not nessicarily to kill everything. And dude, shika got her mad at some degree.

Even if she hadn't killed anyone with anything except her summons in the past, think of her as a real person. real people dont one day decide, "i'm going to kill everyone with my flute for the rest of my life."

She said the statement about using only her flute in a prideful manner/boasting. Its not some mantra that she follows.

And seriously, if she was a real person, and thought that shika was in a genjutsu, she wouldn't take the damn time to summon the monsters again just so she can say my flute is my only weapon.

Even if she <u>had killed shika with the kunai</u> she'd probably consider her flute her only weapon still. GRANTED, the kunai being used is good for the story, but its also just easier and makes more sense.

Or you can believe that the statement she said is a mantra / a way of life for her that she'll never break, but that would make her character more petty/stupid.

realisticly, she thought shika was stuck and couldn't move. since she's a ninja who uses all the assets given to her, and that she never carries anything except a flute, the kunai was a good oppertunity. you can say it was stupid of her to take it because it was a trap by shika*shrug, then you'd be right she should know shika's smart* but the only real justification i can see for her to use the flute to summon and kill shika is if she was being extremely cautious(suspected something from shika) or she wanted to follow some sacred vow of hers.

Gods_Son
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:46 PM
good chapter, Shikamaru keeps gettin more fans, it's hard to really hate on him. Anyways, Tayuya states that nobody survives her little flute melody, but Shika does, and then she herself said she only uses the flute, so after trapping him in a genjutsu, the logical way to kill him would be to use a kunai and stab him. Maybe she's an idiot, but you can really change the way things happened. Just accept it for now, and we'll see what happens. Maybe she is using another genjutsu, u never know...

Jman
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:10 AM
had some hopes for tayuya but her level 2 curse seal is as fugly as the others. makes me wonder what sasuke would look like with horns coming out his head if/when he does get the level 2 seal activated.

lol that shadow pulled a justin timberlake janet superbowl type stunt when it seemed to cop a feel on tayuya's titty.

good chapter.

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:16 AM
perhaps this will help:
1. Shikamaru's KKSnJ is his only trump card at the moment vs a level 2 Tayuya, since she got out of his shadow-binding technique
But he his KKSnJ's power is inversely proportional to the distance from his enemy, so he *has* to draw her close, and the kunai was be best way to draw her in, especially in her enraged state

2. Tayaua is pretty overconfident, and was still so when she went into level 2. I don't think she was in the mode to really reconsider or plan ahead like Shikamaru. Since she didn't use her summons again, that's her fault that she got drawn into the trap
But I do have to admit, it is a little too convenient, but, hey, it's a manga, not Martha Stewart courtroom

Also, I think Shikamaru's at his chakara limit with his shadow techniques, just that he doesn't show and open himself up.
Second, I think his Shadow Bind on Tayuya was a tad too long, but i'm just being picky....

Overall, a very good chapter, very lean and direct with almost no filler frames.

Hotsuma
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Answer to Hiten Mitsurugi.

Kishimoto likes Shikamaru more than he did, Tayuya.

xtort
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Damn. I'm happy. This is the first issue in a long while where I was excited about it after reading. People have gotten it right. She picked up the kunai for several reasons: 1) she had never needed anything but the flute before (anyone think of the line, "this one time, at band camp..."?), 2) since she's never needed anything else, she's always killed with the flute, 3) since he had beaten the flute, she was going to use whatever means necessary to kill him, 4) he made the kunai available just for those reasons.

In my estimation, a far more brutal way would have been punching him in the trachea, making him drown in the blood from his crushed voicebox, but then again... it's meant for a younger audience so that's out of the question. He gave her the kunai so that he can take one step back, and mimic the action of stabbing himself. Viola, one dead Tayuya.

Great episode. Shikamaru is officially my favorite character now.

&lt;request&gt; more like these please.

-xtortout

Kumiriko
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:49 AM
I found it intresting that the move Shikamaru used was in the naruto game before the manga and anime

Raven
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:51 AM
hiten mitsurugi, tuggumkee said it well. A shinobi uses his surroundings and environment to the best of his ability, to his greatest advantage and his opponent's disadvantage. Tay believed that Shika was trapped, and running forward for a finishing blow she grabbed the available kunai (part of her surroundings).

Just because she said that the flute is her only weapon, doesn't mean that she can't possibly use any other weapon ever, that's just stupid logic. She saw a chance, and she took it. You have no arguement in regards to the flute/kunai.

Look at chapter 201, she used her fist *gasp* to punch Naruto! OMG, she used something other than the flute!

EDIT: Kumiriko, the move has been in the anime before though, Shika's father used it, so they probably decided to put it in as one of Shika's moves.

Jman
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:54 AM
well that's that. i don't expect tayuya to get any more play in the next chapter.
I guess there'll be more of Kimimaro, the Bone Master &lt;~wait that doesn't sound right.

Kumiriko
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:55 AM
Humm. i dont remember seeing it at the moment. i guess thats in the next cuple eps of naruto if it is going to be at all. same as Choji's specale resizeing Jutsui

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:57 AM
i really want naruto to lose super badly and/or get seriously injured either by kimimaro or sasuke. maybe by even both. i want him to see what defeat tastes like. remember that naruto losing now is completely different than him getting whooped back in the days.

EDIT: i don't wanna post consecutively, so i'll just edit this.

but yeah, i kind of want some funny naruto thrown in the story every once in a while like how it was before. how funny was it when sasuke was fight against haku inside the ice mirrors and he was like "well, with me on the inside and naruto attacking from the outside..."

naruto: HEY I CAME TO SAVE YOU

ahahahahahah lol...

Jman
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:03 AM
he isn't the naruto he was back then. all of a sudden he gets serious. i kinda wanted to see the 'old' naruto who always had funny moments. well there's a time for everything and i guess kishimoto is at the point where he wants us to see that naruto can be serious.

Yondaime
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:39 AM
i think you are right Albino.....shika is da man after all.....didn't let go of his perverted side even in the battle.......and i say this because....the hand is exactlly on the spot and Tayyua says "This shadow is applying Real PRESSURE to my BODY...Its as if REAL hands are GRABBING me..."

hhehehhehe

Chi Chi
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:28 AM

Don't forget the Cursed Seal of Hatred

Chi Chi
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Answer to your D: The flute performs both the genjutsu and summons. So she does a duet instead of a solo.
So I can see you never played the flute. How are you going to play a duet if you are already using your fingers to play the other song.

Answer to your H: Are you saying that she will have bad luck for the rest of her life? LOL. Yes, I've seen Jaraiya summon little frog and then Gamabunta.You don't know what the cost is for her summoning like the sacrifices for Manda

itachi_
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Why does everyone think that Sasuke will fight Naruto, they're still teammates/friends, and rivals at the same time... Tayuya won't loose that easily everyone in the leaf-genin team had major problems of beating them, A few punches in the stomach dosen't beat a shinobi at cursed seal level2.

Yondaime
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:09 AM
yea i sort of miss those episodes too when Naruto was more like a comedy action anime....but...its just serious action.....anyways...i liked the shika fight...esp. when Shika got bound in the genjutsu which is similar to shadow bind.....now he know how it feels to be bound......anyways....yeah he never let go off the neck bind jutsu...and thats what he used to break his fingers....so there is no question over how did he perform the seal with a broken finger.....and about the whole kunai flute situation....i think it was a very smart idea.....because Tayyua needed something to kill Shika with....and ofcourse a high level ninja like Tayyua wouldn't bother carrying Kunais and Shurikens....so she had to use that kunai.....it was like a bait to get Tayyua closer to shika because since Tayyua has gone level 2....the neck bind at that distance is very weak....i hope Shika crushed that bitch.

PSJ
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:09 AM
wow great chaptrer(read it yesterday) shikamaru is badass his new jutsu was kind of cool and he is damn smart, he gotta have studied battle tacitcs or soemthign cause he wasnt this good in the chuunin exam.

i kind of think sasuke will fight naruto when naruto tells him to come back and sasuke discovers the powers he got form his new seal. if naruto says "orochimaru is gonna kill you he just lies to you" sasuke will probably say somethign like "you are just saying that cause you dont want me to be strogner than you" or something like that.

Yondaime
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:20 AM
how can you say shika wasn't good enough during the chunnin exam....he was the one who got his team through the forest of death....and if you are talking about the time when he was up against the sound-nins......he had a pretty good move when Ino went inside that female sound nin....but shika co. didn't know that they don't care for their teammate.....otherwise if it was someone like the team 7.....they would have given up....it was a good tactic back than...and still is.....to keep one of the enemy hostage.

Come Come Paradise
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:51 PM
too bad tayuya isnt stacked like tsunade

John San
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:18 PM
HEhehe, another pervert i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:19 PM
sasuke will mop the floor with naruto's stupid face. i can see it happening at 210-215!

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
I found it intresting that the move Shikamaru used was in the naruto game before the manga and anime

Wasn't this move already revealed during the Sand invasion?
I'm just surprised that Shikamaru knew about this nojitsu, since he was mostly a shadow-bind kind of guy. guess i expected too little from him.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:44 PM
I wonder why it's called shadow neck bind, it can effect every part of the body...

for someone who said the he couldn't beat Naruto (after the fight with Neji) it seems that Shikamaru had a sudden increase in thinking abilities and in self confidense

itachi_
Sat, 03-13-2004, 03:48 PM
It's strange though, I thought that you would mimic shikamaru's moves, so when he punched her in her stomach she would have done the same, but she didn't is it because of his new jutsu?

Destroyor
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Yay again for this chapter, but boo for the certain logic faker in this forum; he made me read several paragraph of nonsense!!!!! NO!!!!!! Now I'm even more stupid before I read this thread.

*scream loudly and pathetically

Seriously I'm just going to wait for the next 100 chapter or so and wait for the "visitor". Visitor!!!!!!

(remember I'm stupid)

Visitor!Visitor!Visitor!Visitor!Visitor!Visitor!Vi sitor!Visitor!Visitor!

AlbinoFury
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I wonder why it's called shadow neck bind, it can effect every part of the body...

for someone who said the he couldn't beat Naruto (after the fight with Neji) it seems that Shikamaru had a sudden increase in thinking abilities and in self confidense

Of course he realizes he cant beat naruto, why? because he is so smart he realizes that naruto is the main character of the show, thats pretty dam smart, hehe.

seriously though naruto is pretty smart strategy wise too(not near shika but still) and one touch from rasengan and theyd be mopping up shikamaru parts off the floor.

PSJ
Sat, 03-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by: Yondaime
how can you say shika wasn't good enough during the chunnin exam....he was the one who got his team through the forest of death....and if you are talking about the time when he was up against the sound-nins......he had a pretty good move when Ino went inside that female sound nin....but shika co. didn't know that they don't care for their teammate.....otherwise if it was someone like the team 7.....they would have given up....it was a good tactic back than...and still is.....to keep one of the enemy hostage.

i didnt say he wasn't "good enough" i said he wasnt this good. his chakra has increased alot since the chuunin exam and his battle tactics to. he is on a much higher level now.

xtort
Sun, 03-14-2004, 04:29 AM

Of course he realizes he cant beat naruto, why? because he is so smart he realizes that naruto is the main character of the show, thats pretty dam smart, hehe.

seriously though naruto is pretty smart strategy wise too(not near shika but still) and one touch from rasengan and theyd be mopping up shikamaru parts off the floor.

I also have noticed that Shika's skillset seem to be really one dimentional, even more than Naruto's. The only thing he's got to make it interesting is a 200+ IQ. Naruto at least has three moves. Shika only has 2. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

-xtortout

PS That doesn't stop Shika from being my fav character. He eclipsed Naruto w/ this issue.

Mut
Sun, 03-14-2004, 04:33 AM
shika's fight against tayuya has been more exciting than naruto against kimimaro or jiroubu against choji.

Hotsuma
Sun, 03-14-2004, 05:02 AM
Shika's fight with Tayuya is more interesting than the majority of Naruto's fights. One, being the fight against Zabuza.

I like Shikamaru's fighting. He uses mad ingenuity - something Naruto, Sasuke, or anybody else has.

Chi Chi
Sun, 03-14-2004, 05:03 AM
shika's fight against tayuya has been more exciting than naruto against kimimaro or jiroubu against choji.

But you hardly saw anything of that fight, you don't know what Naruto and K will do next.

Raven
Sun, 03-14-2004, 05:47 AM
You can predict fairly easily though. With Naruto's battles you always can.

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:43 AM
yea naruto got 3 strong skills that he could use in this fight. 1: kage bunshin 2: rasengan 3: gamabunta summoning.

Mut
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:46 AM
now it's down to choices 2 and 3...

but...

rasengan - how many times has naruto successfully done it?

summoning gamabunta - same as above.

i can see naruto attempting to use the rasengan but i don't see kimimaro being hit by it. and even if he was hit, i think he'll somehow manage to brush it off.

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:54 AM
yea but naruto did the rasengan very good in the roof fight againt sasuke, he did it in like half a second of something. and he hasnt summoned gamabunta since the gaara fight and his chakra control should have went up several levels since then.

itachi_
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Kimmimaro is on a level above, when Naruto is going to prepare for that rasengan kimmimaro has prolly already moved and he's now behind him or elsewhere... I think kimmimaro's faster.

Insomniac
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Naruto has to lose this one, it'd be too boring to see him win

PSJ
Sun, 03-14-2004, 10:23 AM
yea naruto needs to lose now.

Iznogoud
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:18 PM
I think he'll almost lose then get some help, or kimmimaro will have to retreat because of his body condition.
But they won't save Sasuke.

Assertn
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: xtort

I also have noticed that Shika's skillset seem to be really one dimentional, even more than Naruto's. The only thing he's got to make it interesting is a 200+ IQ. Naruto at least has three moves. Shika only has 2. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

-xtortout

PS That doesn't stop Shika from being my fav character. He eclipsed Naruto w/ this issue.

it used to bug me how shika only had that shadow imitation move back in the prelims, but then i realized in the finals that kishimoto purposely gave him that sole technique because of its tactical chess-like influences. If he had more powerful moves, then he would be less inclined to use the more strategy-reliant ones, and therefore his fights wouldnt be as interesting.

a little convenient, however, that shikamaru always ends up fighting girls who specialize in fancy and somewhat ranged attacks. And those summons served as nothing more then chess pieces i/expressions/beer.gif

Mut
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:25 PM
if shika went up against opponents who fought in close combat, shika would win too easily.

PLasK
Sun, 03-14-2004, 07:53 PM
hmm link dont work... any other link?

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I just love it when Shikamaru complains whenever he has to fight, but especially more so when he _has_ to fight girls whenever there's a one-on-one match-up. It's really humor on a whole 'nother level.

makkura
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:45 PM
must be his karma

Assertn
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:41 AM
if shika went up against opponents who fought in close combat, shika would win too easily.

not necessarily....im sure if he was up against someone like rock lee or sasuke, then he'd be unconscious before he'd even have time to think about his first move. The only reason he managed to catch the 3 summons was cause he spent enough time studying them and saw the trick with the flute. But if it was a battle of raw speed, then he'd be in trouble (unless he avoids being seen by them)

Mut
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:43 AM
well, i meant if someone like tayuya fought with her summons close range. :/ nm D:

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Naruto cant win and wont win against Kimi for the story sake.

oni roh
Wed, 03-17-2004, 02:05 AM
bleh..... i always liked shika to tell you the truth, but i'm starting to think less of him after seeing this episode. I mean... they never really went into too much depth on his intelligence before tayuya but how they did it was just gay.

Shika was planning to use the 3 summons to set her up for the next catch (shadow neckbind) great at this point in reading i'm thinking "man shika really kicks ass"

Next the genjutsu tayuya casts on shika. Shika acts like he knew all about this jutsu (assuming shika can't tell the future or read minds) saying "the first hand is a feint" or some dumb shit acting like he knew all about this jutsu she was using. If you ask me it was just dumb. I'm with hiten saying shika could kill anyone by throwing a kunai in front of them knowing they would pick it up. (not to bring up that arguement again) but it was just dumb if you ask me.

And so far at times like this with naruto and fighting i was always suprised at how he turned the hands and claimed victory. I don't know if naruto'll win, in fact i somehow doubt it. But i dont' think i'll be dissapointed with the way things turn out. Even before when he uses the kage bunshin in every friggin fight to win he did it in a way that i still got hyped by.

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by: oni roh
Next the genjutsu tayuya casts on shika. Shika acts like he knew all about this jutsu (assuming shika can't tell the future or read minds) saying "the first hand is a feint" or some dumb shit acting like he knew all about this jutsu she was using. If you ask me it was just dumb. I'm with hiten saying shika could kill anyone by throwing a kunai in front of them knowing they would pick it up. (not to bring up that arguement again) but it was just dumb if you ask me.

no, i believe he said himself that the reason he threw his kunai in front of him was because she specifically said that the flute was her only weapon. Since she prolly couldnt kill shika with just a genjutsu, then she would need SOMETHING to kill him with, and so he just left the kunai there as bait. Most ninjas would have their own weapons and so that tactic wouldnt necessarily work on others.

Maybe he didnt know what she was gonna do before he threw the kunai....but perhaps he assumed that there's no actual way for her to inflict damage to him with the flute without using it as some sort of distraction, now that her summons are gone. Afterall, just as we've seen in his fight against temari, shikamaru's strength is in predicting the way his enemy will act, and plans out counter moves ahead of time

Vagabond
Wed, 03-17-2004, 03:29 AM
I think he was just predicting every possible outcome. I personally liked the fight and how they made it seem like a chess game.
Also i don't think he knew about the genjutsu. I think he was just smart enough to know that pain would divert his focus from it. It's not like he planned that or he knew it was gonna happen. Just look at the pages where he trapped in the genjutsu. To me he look suprised.

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:09 AM
obviously, luck was involved.

Raven
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:23 AM
He can't predict every single move she could possibly make. I mean, he could have a good idea, but of course he's going to be surprised a bit.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Yes of course he was suprised by the genjutsu you could see that on his face . But the smart ass his he thougt very fast that pain of breaking his finger would bring him back to real world.

Insomniac
Wed, 03-17-2004, 09:47 AM
i agree with AssertnFailure, Shikamaru knew that Tayuya couldnt kill him without the use of a weapon - most obviously the kunerai

unless of course she wanted to beat him to death with the flute (for some reason i'm reminded of the movie american pie)

Jman
Wed, 03-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
i agree with AssertnFailure, Shikamaru knew that Tayuya couldnt kill him without the use of a weapon - most obviously the kunerai

unless of course she wanted to beat him to death with the flute (for some reason i'm reminded of the movie american pie)

Lmao. beat him to death with the flute, good one. That would've been a sight to see.

"This One Time, At Band Camp..."

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 03-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Because a flute is hollow, once a person is stabbed it will drain out the blood. That's why some Bowman prefer using hollow arrows. It acts as a duct and drains the blood out of the body. This helps kill the animal quicker or if it runs, there will be a easy trail of blood. You guys joke around about the flute, but I was serious when I mentioned that she should use it as a stabbing weapon. It just has to be sharp at the one end and it'll funnel out the blood. It's better than a kunai.

Mut
Wed, 03-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugiIt just has to be sharp at the one end and it'll funnel out the blood. It's better than a kunai.

yeah but it wasn't sharp so stop with the flute man. it's not a melee weapon, at least not as effective as a kunai in terms of stabbing.

Kumiriko
Wed, 03-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Well. this is intresting. Gotwoot hosting the manga. Personally i think they should start doing it all the time. Get all youre naruto in one place!

BakaShinji
Wed, 03-17-2004, 11:27 PM
#1. it's not sharp
#2. there is no bow, kidoumaru died remember? you want another flashback hiten? (3 summons again?) I'm beginning to think you want more than 10 minutes of repetition per episode - assuming u watch the anime. There's a rewind feature u can use...

Originally posted by: oni roh
Next the genjutsu tayuya casts on shika. Shika acts like he knew all about this jutsu (assuming shika can't tell the future or read minds) saying "the first hand is a feint" or some dumb shit acting like he knew all about this jutsu she was using. If you ask me it was just dumb.

Shika does two sets of faints. Yes it might be complicated for a DBZ fan...
#1. capturing summons, grabs with neck bind.
#2. throws kunai, grabs with neck bind at close range.

TWO times he feinted - that's why he was dissing Tayuya about being the dumbshit of falling for the same "basic strategy" twice. oni roh - think - Naruto is more than 2-Dimensional at times... meaning not always powerup ahmekameka..... (-keryu no hirameki....)

similiaries between DBZ and kenshin?!??! OH NO!!! Opposite poles of the anime spectrum united?!?!?

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Anime is a donut?

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:51 AM
yes, with sprinkles.

Himura_san
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:20 AM
I liked the last chapter and Shikamaru thinking everything out like a game of chess was awesome and inspiring.
I wonder what the next chapter will bring and what they meant by the visitors?
I am gonna guess and say that its itachi and co. but that's my guess i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Uchiha
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:16 AM
When she picked up the kunai, why did she rush in and stab him? she could've just throwed it at him. Kunai are mainly throwing knifes so that make more sense and the fact that Tayuya seems more lika a mid or long range fighter.

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 04:48 AM
i think we should seriously drop this whole "why did tayuya" discussion. yes, it was a crucial part of the chapter but EVERY answer each one of us is gonna give is gonna be just an assumption and it's just pointless. maybe kishimoto purposely made it easy for shikamaru, who knows.

but whatevers. as for the 'visitors' i also thought it could be itachi and kisame. but raven reminded me that kiba doesn't know of itachi and kisame's scents. so, now i highly doubt that it's them. but i do think the visitors are enemies seeing how kiba was surprised and wanted to hide.

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 08:14 AM
oro and kabuto?

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:40 AM
He's met Kabuto (although he didn't know it), but I don't think he's ever met Oro. Not close enough to get his scent, anyway.

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Plus the changed body. but thats the only thing i can think of. less Gai and Kakashi are comeing from behind. even more unbelivable would be the 5th and sakura. but there would be no reason to hide if ether way true

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Couldn't be Gai and Kakashi. He's too scared. Same with 5th and Sakura.

No, it's gotta be someone he's met before, and he's scared of. You know, the one person that springs to mind that Kiba is that scared of is Gaara. But I strongly, strongly doubt he'll make an appearance.

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Oh if Garaa showed up now that be kinda messed. Unless the group itachi belongs to actually thought they would collect garaa's demon thing.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugiIt just has to be sharp at the one end and it'll funnel out the blood. It's better than a kunai.

yeah but it wasn't sharp so stop with the flute man. it's not a melee weapon, at least not as effective as a kunai in terms of stabbing.

WTF

Dazz both you and Baka Shinji should learn about reading comprehension. I know the freaking flute isn't sharp at the end. Damn anybody who read the manga would know. You dumb asses point out the most freaking obvious stuff. YES, THE DAMN FLUTE WASN'T SHARP.

I was just pointing out to people like you two, who don't think outside the box, that a hollow object like a flute isn't necessarily a bad weapon.

BAKASHINJI, you really are an idiot. Just because I said bowman, that has nothing to do with Kidoumaru.

Freaking Idiots. It's scary knowing that stupid people like you guys account for more than 85% of the population.

Peeps like you need to learn how to think outside the box!!!!! Stop being so one dimensional.

Destroyor
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:42 PM

WTF

Dazz both you and Baka Shinji should learn about reading comprehension. I know the freaking flute isn't sharp at the end. Damn anybody who read the manga would know. You dumb asses point out the most freaking obvious stuff. YES, THE DAMN FLUTE WASN'T SHARP.

I was just pointing out to people like you two, who don't think outside the box, that a hollow object like a flute isn't necessarily a bad weapon.

BAKASHINJI, you really are an idiot. Just because I said bowman, that has nothing to do with Kidoumaru.

Freaking Idiots. It's scary knowing that stupid people like you guys account for more than 85% of the population.

Peeps like you need to learn how to think outside the box!!!!! Stop being so one dimensional.

So thinking outside the box mean *screaming* think outside the box? Don't make me laugh. The hole in your reason are so large I could .... I could ... I could toss a very very big box though it. XD

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha
When she picked up the kunai, why did she rush in and stab him? she could've just throwed it at him. Kunai are mainly throwing knifes so that make more sense and the fact that Tayuya seems more lika a mid or long range fighter.

but the point of shika throwing it nearby him was so she would be close when she grabbed it. what kind of ninja would throw something at a disabled target thats standing like, 10 feet away?

oh and about the flute thing....wouldnt it seem kinda uncharacteristic of tayuya to use the flute as some basic melee weapon when she can also use it to manipulate people's minds and control the blind summons and whatnot? "ok first, im gonna send you into a dream world where your skin will appear to melt off and rotting corpses will surround you......then, im gonna run up and jab you with my flute" lol, that would sure seem odd.....not to mention who would want someone's blood draining into a musical instrument that they put their mouth on?

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
why even think of "if it was sharp" WHEN IT WASN'T. you're such a dumbass man. you think so deeply into something that is so simple for absolutely no reason. i really don't want to flame but since you managed to insult my intelligence, i will have to defend it... :/ yes, you're one of the freaking idiots that you mentioned. you're probably in the 99% of the population since you over analyze the simplest things which just has no real importance and they tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way. and you should stop mentioning the OBVIOUS also. YES, IT WOULD'VE BEEN MORE FITTING IN THE STORYLINE IF TAYUYA USED HER FLUTE INSTEAD OF THE KUNAI SINCE SHE SAYS THAT IT'S HER ONLY WEAPON. BUT NO, SHE DID NOT, SO WHY DON'T YOU GET OVER IT AND STOP DWELLING ON THIS. SHE USED A KUNAI CUZ SHE FELT LIKE IT.

bbl around 3 =D

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:37 PM
So thinking outside the box mean *screaming* think outside the box? Don't make me laugh. The hole in your reason are so large I could .... I could ... I could toss a very very big box though it. XD

By all means, toss one then. Let me hear it? Criticism from someone so feeble-minded, such as yourself, is amusing.
You speak of logic yet you don't have any. Destroyer, have you ever heard of the term Modus Operandi? Destroyer, if you just use the little logic that you have and apply yourself a little more; I'm sure that you can become a better person.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:45 PM
why even think of "if it was sharp" WHEN IT WASN'T. you're such a dumbass man. you think so deeply into something that is so simple for absolutely no reason. i really don't want to flame but since you managed to insult my intelligence, i will have to defend it... :/ yes, you're one of the freaking idiots that you mentioned. you're probably in the 99% of the population since you over analyze the simplest things which just has no real importance and they tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way. and you should stop mentioning the OBVIOUS also. YES, IT WOULD'VE BEEN MORE FITTING IN THE STORYLINE IF TAYUYA USED HER FLUTE INSTEAD OF THE KUNAI SINCE SHE SAYS THAT IT'S HER ONLY WEAPON. BUT NO, SHE DID NOT, SO WHY DON'T YOU GET OVER IT AND STOP DWELLING ON THIS. SHE USED A KUNAI CUZ SHE FELT LIKE IT.

bbl around 3 =D

Once again Dazzz, Re-ad-ing-Co-mp-re-he-ns-ion.

Dazz, in my last post, I didn't say anything about Tayuya stabbing Shika with her flute. I was just trying to point out the fact that a hollow weapon was very beneficial. You applied what I said to whatever you were thinking about. Don't take something that someone said and distort it, then you have the nerves to say that I'm dwelling on stuff. Dude whatever you're taking to help with your A.D.S isn't working. You should go and get a new prescription from your doctor.

Destroyor
Thu, 03-18-2004, 05:55 PM

bbl around 3 =D

Dazzz calm down. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif You'll regret what you said after you cool down. Really just do some light jabs or just ignore the guy, no need to go down to his level. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Relax, I already learned that there's no reasoning with that guy in that other thread.

Lalalalalal HEY! XD

P.S Instead of using big words and fancy overthinking, I'll rather use my common sense and continue to gather my knowledge and understand through learning and reading. Read some Robin Hobb, especially pay attention to the liveship trader series, and read even closer on a guy named Kyle (within the book). Modus Operandi? Please ....

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: Destroyor

Dazzz calm down. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif You'll regret what you said after you cool down. Really just do some light jabs or just ignore the guy, no need to go down to his level. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Relax, I already learned that there's no reasoning with that guy in that other thread.

Lalalalalal HEY! XD

P.S Instead of using big words and fancy overthinking, I'll rather use my common sense and continue to gather my knowledge and understand through learning and reading. Read some Robin Hobb, especially pay attention to the liveship trader series, and read even closer on a guy named Kyle (within the book). Modus Operandi? Please ....

You contradict yourself all the time Destroyer. You can praise Shikamaru's overthinking, but you put me down for mine. It seems your whole life is a contradiction.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
not to mention who would want someone's blood draining into a musical instrument that they put their mouth on?

Dude, they lick their swords. While it's drenched with blood, after it's cleaned, they lick it; especially Oro.

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 06:42 PM
hiten mitusurugi, that's two double posts on the same page. It's funny, you call other people feeble minded, yet you yourself can't even follow the basic rules of a forum.

There's an edit button. USE IT. Or expect a vacation.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
hiten mitusurugi, that's two double posts on the same page. It's funny, you call other people feeble minded, yet you yourself can't even follow the basic rules of a forum.

I thought a moderator was suppose to be impartial (professionalism, even if you don't like the person, they're still a person). There was no need to (as a moderator, knowing full well the power that you have) make fun of someone before you threaten them. You could have just easily told me to stop the double posts, without the remarks.

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
aren't we all silly. anyway, reading the manga again, i think shikamaru predicted several moves ahead. waaaaay before she actually does the genjutsu, shikamaru says "why don't you at least ready your daggers" even before she repeats that her flute is her only weapon. so i think he was already trying to get her in close range. interesting.

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
wow, some of you guys can get pretty defensive.......

I think it would be uncharacteristic for tayuya to blow a blood-drenched flute, whether or not her master enjoys licking swords i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Vagabond
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Hiten i hope you realize you are being an asshole. Usually you don't realize this until after the argument is over. (I know this cause i always have a stupid argument with someone and then later i realize i was being an ass) So please stop, you are making yourself look stupid. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Thu, 03-18-2004, 07:55 PM

I thought a moderator was suppose to be impartial (professionalism, even if you don't like the person, they're still a person). There was no need to (as a moderator, knowing full well the power that you have) make fun of someone before you threaten them. You could have just easily told me to stop the double posts, without the remarks.

I wasn't making fun of you. Read my post again. I was just making the comment that you should look at what you're doing yourself before you call other people "feeble minded". Another example, you tell me to post without the remarks. Look at some of your latest posts, maybe you should follow your own advice.

Darklife
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:01 PM
here is the first link i know for the manga (http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/)
heres the other one (http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&amp;page=manga)

hope will help you get the manga (hope too its not off topic)

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:12 PM

I wasn't making fun of you. Read my post again. I was just making the comment that you should look at what you're doing yourself before you call other people "feeble minded". Another example, you tell me to post without the remarks. Look at some of your latest posts, maybe you should follow your own advice.

FYI, I do follow my advice. But seriously, if you weren't attempting to be an ass by making that comment then, I'm really a sucker. Did you really take the time to read what was posted. Of course not, maybe you should read the post before you comment. I've always thought that the moderators on this forum were pretty cool and not forum nazis. You never replied to poeple who threatened bodily harm e.g. when they say stuff like "I'll Kill You." I thought that was pretty harsh. People who have double posted in the past, you never graced them with your presence or wise cracks.

And you now try to say that you weren't making fun of me. It's easy catching the tail end of a discussion and then making a comment like you did.

Believe me I hate bigots and hypocrytes the most.

Mut
Thu, 03-18-2004, 09:41 PM
so...last night, the dave chappelle show was pretty funny...he got oprah pregnate and was like "i gotcha bitch!" (cuz he is rich now)

ha ha ha...

ha...

=D

ummm, but yeah, i don't know why dark posted links to the mangas...but if anyone needs more link, try narutoex.com, they're pretty good.

Darklife
Thu, 03-18-2004, 10:05 PM
how sweet of you dazzz giving me nicknames i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Himura_san
Fri, 03-19-2004, 12:20 AM
FYI, I do follow my advice. But seriously, if you weren't attempting to be an ass by making that comment then, I'm really a sucker. Did you really take the time to read what was posted. Of course not, maybe you should read the post before you comment. I've always thought that the moderators on this forum were pretty cool and not forum nazis. You never replied to poeple who threatened bodily harm e.g. when they say stuff like "I'll Kill You." I thought that was pretty harsh. People who have double posted in the past, you never graced them with your presence or wise cracks.

And you now try to say that you weren't making fun of me. It's easy catching the tail end of a discussion and then making a comment like you did.

Sheesh shut your moaning!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by: Darklife
here is the first link i know for the manga (http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/)
heres the other one (http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&amp;page=manga)

hope will help you get the manga (hope too its not off topic)

lol......so.......any reason why you posted urls to naruto manga in a thread thats been discussing the most recent chapter for almost a week now?

one of the few times i actually sit down and watch tv.....i happened to catch that episode of the chappelle show...also on comedy central they had that "anime style" episode of south park.....it was awesome!

Raven
Fri, 03-19-2004, 08:10 AM

*Sigh*
A few people have mentioned this before about you, but it seems that you read too heavily into things and overanalyze everything. And this proves it. All I was doing was making a very simple point, but you have taken it much too far.

You obviously don't take your own advice. You post about your theories and opionions of the manga, which in general are pretty well thought out and substantiated. But as soon as someone disagrees with you, or gets something wrong, you jump down their throat, saying they're unintelligent, or closed minded, instead of just discussing it like a rational human being.

Then as soon as I make a comment about you double posting (which seemed amusing at the time because you'd just finished telling someone how 'feeble minded' they were), you get all defensive, saying I'm trying to insult you, blah blah. So what's the deal? You can dish it out but can't take it?

And I do warn others for double posting, and I'll warn for bodily harm if I see it, even if it's via PM which you don't see. A lot. It's my job, I'm a mod. You don't think the forums revolve around you, do you, that I'm just picking on you personally? And you thought correctly the first time, the mods here are pretty cool and not nazis, which I'm sure the vast majority would agree with.

Just try to cool it a bit. We're all friends here.