PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?!?!

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 03-08-2004, 11:05 PM
I noticed that we have 4215+ users and we only get like 3-10 people on a day tops! Where is everyone?! of 4215 people we should have like a a thousand people on or at least 100 tops! Is it because gotwoot looks ghetto because it got remodeld? boring threads? what is it?!?!?! and no one talks about naruto anymore, the naruto discussions are like, dead...

Boogster
Mon, 03-08-2004, 11:56 PM
I've noticed a drop in the numbers as well...

I'm hoping people haven't deserted this forum. :S

oni roh
Tue, 03-09-2004, 12:13 AM
its my fault

i've got this curse that when i join a forum everybody leaves, i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

(<-- forum junky)
but this is awesome, maybe somepeople are just waiting untill everything blows over with the new layout and such

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:22 AM
There are allot of people at the animesuki forums.

Mut
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:25 AM
it's gotta slow down at some point.

Lenas
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:28 AM
No one is coming anymore because the other forums were way better.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 02:18 AM
The new forums are hideous, but they're fast, I hope people come back i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

ricefarmer
Tue, 03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
the main reason for me is the forum is freakin ugly and stupid, the other one was easier to use for some reason.. this one dont even tell whats taht last page the thread has.. ugliest shit ever i find myself leaving this place

Mut
Tue, 03-09-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: ricefarmer
the main reason for me is the forum is freakin ugly and stupid, the other one was easier to use for some reason.. this one dont even tell whats taht last page the thread has.. ugliest shit ever i find myself leaving this place

stop bitching it's not gonna change back. and click on the >> if you want to go to the last page.

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:24 AM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:31 AM
The sad truth is that many people left due to the fact that the old forums looked more attractive. And while this one is faster and has more stuff (etc etc) that fact that can't be avoided. Then again, we can live without such unloyal people!

oni roh
Tue, 03-09-2004, 04:02 AM
the forums aren't that bad if you ask me sure the old ones were nice and i condemed these new ones at first but i still got used to it.

Everon
Tue, 03-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Not my cup of tea, they'll check back maybe in a couple weeks or so, but this forum is not as asthetically pleasing as the last.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Yeah I'm here because of Naruto/Gotwoot rock, but these forums are really rough, even after you get used to them i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Gotwoot used to have a cool smooth look, and it's totally not the same in that area.

Anything we can do to help restore the classic look? I've got my color scheme on 'darkness' now, and it's a little better. OMG does the default color suck beyond belief, looks like teletubbies forums or something.

Hey check this out, saw it in another thread here : http://www.punbb.org
Go to the link, then the forums, I think those are much nicer, would be especially cool if we got the old colors back also.

Raven
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Something like this really proves who the loyal members are, the ones who aren't so shallow as to leave over something so trivial as appearance. To those who remain, I'm extremely proud! Good to have you here! *Wipes away a tear*

Toruxxx
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:43 AM
ive noticed that there isnt alot off ppl to but if it is because of the new forum they suck! hehe ^_^. at first i maybe didnt like the new forums that much but im getting used to em now and think they are better then the old forum. keep up the good work guys/girls ^_^

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Heh yeah CmDr_Raven, we're not going anywhere are we i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif They could make pepto-bismol-colored Gotwoot and I'd still be here! Regardless, these new forums are pretty ugly, though I admit the speed of them is very impressive! Is there a way we could at least get the classic GW color scheme imported, or is that not a supported feature?

Raven
Tue, 03-09-2004, 08:01 AM
I do believe it's still being worked on, and in the meantime you can use the dark colour scheme in your profile settings. But yeah, the future should hold a few changes.... at least I hope.

itachi_
Tue, 03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
CmDr_RavEn who are the "loyal members" on this forum, err?

btw so you guys recommend animesuki's forum, more?

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 03-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Without people, we have no Gotwoot community. The mods are just gonna hafta decide.

1. remodel against communit will
2. or actually have people come to gotwoot.

RaZzy
Tue, 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM
nah i just come here not so much anymore becuz im not as addicted to naruto or anime anymore
i still like it and i still download raw and sub, but i have better things to do than talk about it on the forums right now. Also most of the topics are things people don't know. They should watch the anime better.
Awnsering them over and over again is boring.
And there's really not much to talk about anymore.. naruto is cool! that's all

bye.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
RaZzY, could be a few of the community are like you, but it seems more likely with the sudden drastic fallout of people, that something else is up. I believe it's the forums, the default look is absolutely horrifying, and probably displeased a lot of users. In the end, it's not our forums anyway, so the owners can do whatever they want. From another thread, I've learned that these forums are here to stay, so now I'm trying to gather information on any progress in terms of changing the look to a feel more appropriate for our community.

I feel confident that things can only improve from here, because the current situation is awful. At least these forums are fast as hell though. May as well look at the positive i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:44 PM
these forums are a lot better actually. it just took time to get used to. and if the noobs can't deal with it, it's fine by me. less kids i gotta deal with.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:49 PM
What, exactly, other than speed (which is great), is better about these forums?

villin
Thu, 03-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
What, exactly, other than speed (which is great), is better about these forums?

I honestly don't know. I've tried to get used to these new forums but I just can't seem to get comfortable with them. I think its pretty clear from the date when I joined and also my post count that I'm not a nOOb and I have been pretty loyal to GW. Even through GWs big downtime last year there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't come by to check if we were back online.

Unfortunatly, its come to the point where I am unable to enjoy myself on this new forum so it may be time to just walk away. I have joined another forum and even though it only has about 120 members, it feels like GW used to feel. I have by no means abandoned GW but I find myself not stopping by as much as I used to. I do feel kind of disloyal about how I seem to have lost my love and respect for the GW forums but under the new system its just not the same GW that earned our loyalty and respect.

Sorry about this rant but that is just the way it has become for me. This is probably the last post you will see from me(villin) for a long time. Here is to the success that gotwoot has enjoyed in the past and I hope will enjoy again in the future.

Good Bye

Mut
Thu, 03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
some people take it way too seriously. jesus.

Baka-chan
Thu, 03-11-2004, 11:30 PM
yea, i'm not a fan of the new forums either, but bitching isn't gonna make them change (which very few people have figured out so far) (=. it's taking me some time to get used to it too, because i hate change (or am i afraid of it?) and i'm a very simple person. these forums just seem/look harder to use.

and maybe people aren't writing about naruto as much because there really isn't much else to write about besides the discussions, lol. seems like all the questions possible have been asked and discussed already, sometimes several times.

oh well, i'm stickin around, i'll tough it out. (=

jing
Fri, 03-12-2004, 12:48 AM
The reason is because they took away the sigs. Trust me.

lionheart1012000
Fri, 03-12-2004, 01:36 AM
bleh, i just dont post because i havent been able to think of anything to post. i just havent been able to think of stuff to post.

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by: jing

SIGS ARE GONE?!?! im out, peace.

Vagabond
Fri, 03-12-2004, 05:00 AM
hm you haven't noticed that......

Boogster
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by: jing

I agree, tbh.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:30 AM
I never had a problem with speed at Gotwoot to begin with.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
I never had a problem with speed at Gotwoot to begin with.

That's what I've been saying all the time... the previous forum (invision) wasen't slow at all... but some people are too narrow to realise that... *hmmpf*

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Yup.

Anime_KickBoxer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:39 PM
The forums are a pain now. The older forums were much more attractive and easier to use. Just navigating through this new one is a pain. Saying I need to get used to it to like it... I rather like it from the beginning. I still visit the site, just not the forums .. maybe once in a blue moon?

The Kyubi Naruto
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah it's the sigs.
Though I never had one to begin with and never thought of getting one since I'm too lazy i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. But they were nice to look at. And you could even identify people from them, now you just memorize the text. And some use those default avatars and almost everyone uses different avatars than before.

It just seems that you guys are not the same people I got to know before... (sniff...)

I haven't been here for a while just because I've been downloading Kenshin for about... two weeks. My connection sucks and I can't keep this baby going all day.
Life sucks without new anime and Gotwoot... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I really need to text my sig.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:13 PM
i always thought the sigs were annoying. back in the previous forums, i disabled viewing of the sigs. but i have a sig just cuz i can. i wouldn't care if i didn't or if i couldn't see it.

RaZzy
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:35 PM
lol i just noticed my avatar is a butt-face man gotta change that
I'm not a gotwoot noob either, but it's jsut that i don't stay at forums that much anymore.
I also liked the old forum and the sigs made it colourfull.
Maybe they should make some blue tints and stuff in it .. not white

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 03-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Gotwoot was one of those forums that were separated from the ghetto forums. Gotwoot was my personnal favorite but now. its all about animesuki.