PDA

View Full Version : Spring break

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 03-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Not really Spring is it? Well I will be hanging out in Savannah while all you people are at school!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

itachi_
Sun, 03-07-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm a little curious about the holidays in the states and Canada? how many do you have? what are they called, when are they? We have one in november, christmas, something called sport-holiday which I have now, easter-holiday and a few "red days" like 1st of may, last april etc..

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 03-07-2004, 01:46 PM
My college has spring break from the 15th - 21st. Normally it would be around the time of Easter, I don't know why its different this semester.

Xollence
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Mine is 5-15th, gonna be in Orlando!!!

Charlemagne
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I thought all Americans went to Florida during spring break, drank, did drugs, had "fun in the bed" and generally vandalized the state, and then went back home do study.

itachi_
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Geez, I'm in Florida 3-4 times / year... It's nice,,, but lots of drugs and dopeheads.

joker-kun
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:23 PM
my break dont start tll the 10th, and it goes till like the 21st or something.

and Itachi, this is how it works where I live (Ontario)

first holiday, is thanks giving (you get the following monday of a weekend off) then christamas (which is usually around the 18th to about the 7th of January) then March break (the one that I was talking about above) then Easter weekend (get a friday and monday off) then Summer break (July and Augest). Now we have PA days at school, prolly like 5 a year.

Kagari
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm in canada (toronto-area) and My break just finished. Some of my friends had it last week, and some have it next week.

For colleges and Universities, it's a 'Reading Week' where we get time before midterms to study. For high school students, they will get March Break (not 'Spring Break'....that's an american excuse to get wasted in the sun) in the next couple of weeks.

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm in America. Maryland to be specific. Although I do know some people who go to beaches or get drunk over Spring Break, its a very small percentage. Most people I know take the week to catch up on school assignments, work, or other issues. Its a good time to relax.

jing
Sun, 03-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by: joker-kun
my break dont start tll the 10th, and it goes till like the 21st or something.

and Itachi, this is how it works where I live (Ontario)

first holiday, is thanks giving (you get the following monday of a weekend off) then christamas (which is usually around the 18th to about the 7th of January) then March break (the one that I was talking about above) then Easter weekend (get a friday and monday off) then Summer break (July and Augest). Now we have PA days at school, prolly like 5 a year.

are you grade 8? im in ontario and my highschool only has 1 week of march break. I HATE IT.

joker-kun
Sun, 03-07-2004, 08:59 PM
no, im in 9, so im in HS, but I only get 1 week also, but i get this friday off, and dont go back till a monday, so it works out to be 10days.

JessiA
Mon, 03-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Spring Break, for me.. is 24/7/31/12!!!!

I'm outta school really ^_^;; so...

Mut
Mon, 03-08-2004, 05:54 PM
3/18-3/28

school starts again on 3/29...lame.

Baka-chan
Mon, 03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
Most people I know take the week to catch up on school assignments, work, or other issues.

lol, thats funny... i'm in michigan and we're definetly the type of kids that go to florida, etc. and get way too beyond belief all week (= good times. but that's mostly just the seniors who go somewhere far and party. and who wants to think about school when you can get a break from it? only 2 more weeks till i'm on break

Everon
Tue, 03-09-2004, 05:03 AM
March 12 - 20. Fun Times Ahead.

Kurenai
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Springbreak was last week for me and the rest of Holland. So we're back to school again. But then again within 1 month we have another week of vacation i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hiddenpookie
Thu, 03-11-2004, 09:41 PM
i live in fl! miamii!!!!! w00t for me i dont how to drive more than 10 minutes to get into the party w00t theres alot of dope heads here though come down get drunk and kill yourself!!