PDA

View Full Version : Hunter X Hunter and Naruto are quiet alike

Devrok
Sat, 03-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Dont you think the general plot line and story of hxh and naruto are alike? Esepecially with the exams and how there are three exams. Then how after their test are not done and they are forced to do another set of exams to be truely considered a hunter/ninja. I maybe just shooting in the dark here but I think they are very alike. Except for the charecters really differ. Please post and tell me what you think, please tell me how you think they are similar or dissimilar. I look forward to hearing what you guys think.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Parappa
Sat, 03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I agree. Just compare Naruto and Gon.

Fightingstyle Naruto:

Get your ass beat. Get your ass beat again. Get your ass beat once again. Use some super move to win.

Fightingstyle Gon:

Get your ass beat. Get your ass beat again. Get your ass beat once again. Get your ass beat until your opponent gives up.

NOthing Is Real
Sat, 03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
actually, most of anime fighting kids have the same fighting style, so you can't compare just with that...

but the two animes are really similar to each other:

Kurapica- last survivor of a clan with red eyes who hunts for revenge - Sasuke.
Gon and Naruto have the same voice actor, and they both have a rather similar characteristics.

but on the other side, i must say that i find the HxH team much more 'flowing' together with eachother than team 7, they don't annoy the hell out of eachother all the time..

HxH has a small number of characteres (less than 10 improtant guys) while Naruto has about double (at least 20, and more are introduced).

avmoghe
Sat, 03-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Heh. I disagree.

The characters are similar to each other. I'll grant that.

However, the style and the pace of the two series is entirely different. In my opinion Hunter x Hunter is far better. The plot moves a lot faster, no yelling out of moves names, no staring contests, no fillers (1 or 2 at max in the entire series), a far more complicated nen system that has definite limits on users.

For example, Gon will never ever be the most powerful user... ever. As far as see, he'll never be able take on anyone like Kuroro Lucifer one on one. However, in naruto, i'm 99.9% sure that Naruto will surpass all the other hokages.

Whatever... just my opinion.

Kumiriko
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Gon and naruto have the same voice

Devrok
Sun, 03-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Avmoghe you have to admit that the base underlying story lines are alot alike. I mean they pretty much follow the same base story. I mean they may go out of order but they still follow the same set of guidelines. Dont you think so, if you think I'm mistaken please tell me.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

avmoghe
Sun, 03-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Um.. I've seen the entire hxh anime so far (no manga ahead of the anime), and I've seen the entire Naruto anime so far (no manga).

I don't know how much hxh you've seen.

Based on all that I've seen, the only element of the story that's similar in the two plot lines is the Hunter exam and the Chuunin exam. The only other minor similarity is Kurapica and Sasuke wanting revenge. However, one is seeking his brother. The other is seeking the worst criminal organization in the show's history.

However.. Naruto doesn't have anything like Greed Island.. or anything that like the Spider arc in hxh.

I mean, if you watch all of hunter x hunter, you'll see exactly how different the two anime's are.

All the differences I've mentioned in my first post... they are undeniable and affect the quality of the anime drastically. Do you agree with those?

Devrok
Sun, 03-07-2004, 09:50 PM
But you have to remember that the exams are a great bulk of the series. I do agree they both change after the exams but also remember that greed island is what only 16+ eps while the parts leading to the exam took a good 1/4 to 1/3 of the original series. I'm just saying their similiar in premise and base story. But one thing I would have to say is that the filler in naruto is kinda highi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. But atleast the story still has direction. Also I have watched all of the regular hxh just not the oav stuff, so basically greed isalnd arc. Reminds me I need to watch that.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Thanks for your input.

NOthing Is Real
Mon, 03-08-2004, 02:55 PM
The hunter exam (and everything that came with it) were done in eps 1-32, while the chunin exam is going to be about 23-80+...
the tests of the hunter exam were so much better than the chunin exam, with real challenges that aren't 'fight to death or normal knock out rules'.

Sasuke is searching for his brother, who is a S ranked criminal that joined the most evil and dangerous band of crooks, so he's also after some big guys...

it's kinda funny, though, Naruto has a cast of angsting guys and yet the series is relativally happy, while HxH has happy going guys (even Kurapica, his lust for revenge is much more calculatied than Sasuke's) and gets into a bunch of serious buisness (the auction, Devil bomber, even the NGL part is somewhat disturbing).

for now, i prefer HxH over Naruto, but it might change, if the manga reaches it high potenital and starts to kick some serious plotline ass...

alissandra
Mon, 03-08-2004, 10:50 PM
... and zushi completely reminds me of rock lee... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

khaodessy
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:07 PM
finally a series you can say has similarities to naruto. and saying gon would never be the strongest is debatable because his dad is one of the 5 best nen users in the world. so whos to say he isnt the best out of those 5. i also see how they made gon and naruto a bit similar as to how with gon after someone knows who his father is they see why he has such great natural talent. with naruto he is always begining compared to the 4th but their relationship is clouded in mystery.