PDA

View Full Version : Media Player error with Chrno Crusade ep. 12

Halcyon
Fri, 03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
It keeps erroring and causing Mediaplayer to crash. The file it finds in error is the 3ivx.dll file. I have uninstalled 3ivx 4.5 and reinstalled using 4.5.1 and no luck. I saw a link for a new Xvid update, tried that and it still doesn't work.

Help?

Halcyon
Sun, 03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Um, ok no replies. Maybe I left something else out?

It doesn't happen with any other episodes of the same series nor does it happen with any other series done by [Aone]. Mediaplayer doesn't lock up on any other videos I've downloaded from other Fan sub groups for that matter either.

When playing Chrno Crusade Ep. 12:
It playes fine for a minute or two then the error pops up. The video freezes but the sound continues playing until I tell the window to report the error. I check the error each and everytime and it's always the same error. After it reports the error it of course closes my mediaplayer. I can open up the file and play it from the same spot or a few seconds before and no crash until time passes and *boom* out comes the error again.

Please? I just wanna watch my anime without the frustration and confusion, and I could definitely use some help with this. I'm at my wits end.

Munsu
Mon, 03-08-2004, 10:37 AM
try downloading the newest xvid codec... also make sure that the file is completely downloaded and not corrupted... try other players to see if they play the episode.... post more info after you have tried all of this

Ciber
Mon, 03-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Just head on over to sourceforge and install FFDSHOW.