PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Beer's.

itachi_
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:38 PM
I tasted some stout today and it was really good, what do you think about stouts the dark beer?

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Not a drinker, how did you get your avatar back?

itachi_
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:48 PM
It's a thread about how you do it, now you actually can change it back

Avatar change (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=8390&enterthread =y)

Poiple Weezard
Fri, 03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
My dad picks up a 6 pack once a month or so when he's away on a business trip to different parts of the country, so I've been getting a little bit of variety. We've had some oatmeal stout, one brand from Vermont and one from Maryland. Also had a Guiness for his birthday. I'd say that I like dark beer better, but it depends on the occasion and company.

Mut
Fri, 03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
beer is alright. i'm more of a hard liquor/mix drinks kind of guy. but i also like cheerleader drinks too :/ ie. smirnoff ice triple black. i wanna try the new smirnoffs...the one with the twists in the bottles...

SideLabel
Fri, 03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Bah, beer is shit, unless it is german beer. I had some american beer once, and it tasted like ass. Then I had german beer, and man, that shit was good with a capital G. German beer is the way to go.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 03-05-2004, 05:11 PM
British and Spanish lager is nice, other European beers like Stella are ok, for me American beer (at least from what I've tried) is kinda tasteless and watery and stout tastes like shit

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I like dark beers a good deal... but my drink, by financial necessity, is usually cheap vodka.

itachi_
Fri, 03-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Bud is good if you're thirsty, Corona the mexican beer is good with lime.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 03-05-2004, 06:25 PM
My football team has made budweiser the official beer of the club, ah well, better than fosters which is what we used to have...

San Miguel is the best beer on earth, one of the few beers that can be drunk warm and its still nice...also those 24-pack dutch beer things in little bottles rule as well...they're usually pretty strong too...weak beer tastes too sickly for me...absinthe tastes better than weak beer i/expressions/beer.gif - checks to see what beer emoticon looks like

itachi_
Fri, 03-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Lapin Kulta is hard-beaten! It's the original and best i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

oni roh
Fri, 03-05-2004, 10:56 PM
most lagers are fine

i usually only drink malt liquor, if any beer at all

(thats 40oz's for you non-urbanized folk)

more of a hard liquor person myself, vodka etc. jim bean = my best friend

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 03-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Unfortunetly, I have a weak stomach, so I haven't gotten a good experience from hard liquor. Only have one beer every week or two, so it doesn't matter to me.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:28 PM
I LOVE good beer, in particular dark beers and ambers.

Some good stuff to look out for, if you like dark beers ..

Sapporo Black = My all-time favorite, too bad it's not imported to USA anymore i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
Belhaven = Verrrry smooth dark scottish beer, just superb
Boddington's = Similar to Belhaven, a little more severe though
Guinness = The standard, and always good. Much better on tap than from bottle!
Heineken Special Dark / Beck's Dark = Almost indistinguishable, VERY good.
Shiner Bock = Made in Texas from German immigrants, a good amber
Ziegenbock = Hmm, doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be, but it's drinkable

Some other good lighter beers :

Tsing Tao = Nice and smooth
Sapporo = same, nice flavor
Bavaria = Tastes almost the same as regular heineken, for 2/3 the price!

I'll think of more later, I've tried pretty much everything!

Vejita
Mon, 03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Nice to see all the alcoholics in effect..i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Stouts are okay, but I like more ambers. Even though I my favorite is an ale. It doesn't get better than a McEwan's Scotch Ale. Although I love me some asian beer also Chimay, Sapporo, Tsing Tao, Asahi, and Kirin Ichiban. After that I also like Shiner Bock, Heineken Dark, Corona, Fat Tire, or Red Hook, but I'm usually just as good with a quart of Busch.

Baka-chan
Mon, 03-08-2004, 08:30 PM
i don't have the money to buy good beer. its either bud light, or with liquor its 5 o'clock vodka/popov (cheap shit), the captain if i'm lucky

oni roh
Mon, 03-08-2004, 09:04 PM
i don't have the money to buy good beer. its either bud light, or with liquor its 5 o'clock vodka/popov (cheap shit), the captain if i'm lucky

lol i'm with you on that, i'm the asshole that goes to parties to steal booze

Xollence
Mon, 03-08-2004, 10:43 PM
I don't really like beer much, gets me really full. But when I do drink I either get a 6 six of Tsing Tao or Corono Light, depending on how much money I have. Hehe. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Boogster
Mon, 03-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Tbh, I don't really enjoy beer.

/me examines his toes intently...

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah I didn't like beer too much at first myself. I think there's a certain amount of aquired taste to the whole thing, and it helps if the beer is really good rather than generic crap. Of course there are also plenty of folks who will never like beer in any form.

Mut
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:17 AM
mixed drinks is the way to go kids!

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 07:12 AM
I'd rather do shots than mixed drinks, I'm sorta put off by too much sugar in my alcohol, but for mixed drinks I like :

Cherry Vodka Sour
Hurricane
Roman Coke
Screwdriver

Kagari
Tue, 03-09-2004, 11:35 AM
You kids are all crazy! Beer is great....Canadian and irish beer in particular. I'm not a fan of most european beers (polish beer, etc.) but Germany has some great choices.

Best of the Best:
1. Molson Canadian
2. Kilkenny or Cafrey's Irish Ale
3. Guiness (OBV.)
4. Labatt makes great beer too...Blue, especially.

The problem with american beer (and it is VERY different from canadian beer) is that the alcohol content is lower. While a beer like Molson canadian is 5% alcohol, Budwesier in the staes tops off at 3 MAX.

Those americans don't know how to drink.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Kagari, I'm American and I know what real beer is i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Sadly, most american beer is pretty awful. It's not the alcohol content, there's plenty of domestic beer that is 4.5-6% or more, but the taste is just not right.

Budweiser in TX is 4.9%, you might be thinking of the Utah crap : http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m3469/n2_v49/20387955/p1/article.jhtml

Hey check this out for beer alcohol percentages, a few missing, but very informative still!

http://drinkaustin.stormpages.com/percent.htm

Regardless, Bud is awful. Foamy nasty crap.

I'm not too fond of Molson or Labatt, too light for my tastes, are there any good Canadian stouts?

Oh well, when all else fails, just go for the Everclear and Vodka i/expressions/devil.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Xollence
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:09 PM
I doubt even 75% of this forum can drink legally.

r3n
Thu, 03-11-2004, 08:22 PM
lol. unlucky americans i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif im 17 but ive been LEGALLY drinking since i was like 14 at home. in the UK i under 18s can drink at home with parental consent, owned! and anyways its easy to get sold alcohol, *cough* fake ID *cough*

then again the continental europeans have it even betr, they can drink when theyre 16 out of the house, and nobody cares what age you are anyways, aslong as ur not buying liquer.

ohwell back to beer, my favourite atm is probably Thai Sing beer, or chinese root beer. both lovely i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

out of the european beers id have to say my fav is probably stella or becks, cant say im a fan of dark beers :S

out of the american beers... nah they suck compared to european beers lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (bud tastes like piss!)

Mut
Thu, 03-11-2004, 09:16 PM
rofl, drinking at 14. way to go buddy.

hiddenpookie
Thu, 03-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I LOVE good beer, in particular dark beers and ambers.

Some good stuff to look out for, if you like dark beers ..

Sapporo Black = My all-time favorite, too bad it's not imported to USA anymore i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
Belhaven = Verrrry smooth dark scottish beer, just superb
Boddington's = Similar to Belhaven, a little more severe though
Guinness = The standard, and always good. Much better on tap than from bottle!
Heineken Special Dark / Beck's Dark = Almost indistinguishable, VERY good.
Shiner Bock = Made in Texas from German immigrants, a good amber
Ziegenbock = Hmm, doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be, but it's drinkable

Some other good lighter beers :

Tsing Tao = Nice and smooth
Sapporo = same, nice flavor
Bavaria = Tastes almost the same as regular heineken, for 2/3 the price!

I'll think of more later, I've tried pretty much everything!

heineken thats all i drink!! ^_^ well am only 16 but u know once a while i take a few green bottles..eww budwieser taste like sour watery ass

Kagari
Thu, 03-11-2004, 11:22 PM

I'm not too fond of Molson or Labatt, too light for my tastes, are there any good Canadian stouts?

Moslon Canadian too light for your tastes?! it's 5.5, ya know...That's a pretty decent percentage. Most irish ales are no more than 4.9.

r3n
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by: dazzz
rofl, drinking at 14. way to go buddy.

i drink cos i like the taste of beer, not cos i wanna get drunk (not at home neway). nowonder the american drinking laws are so strict with that attitude.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Exactly, it's more like a pleasure to me... it's the taste of it.. not because I want to get drunk.

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:11 PM
drinking at 14 is just unhealthy nand stupid even it's just for the taste. even if i lived in a country that allows drinking at birth, i still wouldn't let my kids drink till about 17/18.

itachi_
Fri, 03-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Dazz I said you should ignore me and never writhw about me ever again... don't draw conclusions on your own about others age when you seriously don't have fact or evidence at all... *sigh* poor bastard..

r3n
Fri, 03-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: dazzz
drinking at 14 is just unhealthy nand stupid even it's just for the taste. even if i lived in a country that allows drinking at birth, i still wouldn't let my kids drink till about 17/18.

actually red wine is good for your heart. and a beer has less artificial flavourings and sugar than a can of coke. its only unhealthy if its drunk in excess, a bottle a day does no harm whatsoever, even to a 14yr old. just look at the mediterranean (sp) area, ppl start drinking from a very young age, but because they do they are a LOT less likely to binge drink as an adult, and look how long the average life expectancy is there...

if youre going to stop ur kids doing something, stop them from smoking.

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Good point r3n. American alcohol abuse is a much bigger problem then in other nations with a more lax attitude towards drinking. But it is surprising that the smoking age is lower, as smoking is a damn horrible habit as well. With that said, I'm gonna go have a drink and a smoke. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_
Dazz I said you should ignore me and never writhw about me ever again... don't draw conclusions on your own about others age when you seriously don't have fact or evidence at all... *sigh* poor bastard..

dude, WHAT THE FUCK???

i didn't say ANYHTING to you. don't think you're the center of attention of everyone's conversations/discussions. i was responding to r3n not you. he and i were having an innocent discussion, and you butt in like the retard you are and say something stupid like what i just quoted. and you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

"don't draw conclusions on your own about others age when you seriously don't have fact or evidence at all..."

what? how much more FACT/EVIDENCE do i need when the guy i was talking to said the same thing i did?

LEAVE ME ALONE BUDDY. and my name has THREE Z's, count them. back to kindergarten you go.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
you guys the way to go is deinatley carling,carlsberg and newcastle brown and none of this kiddy alchopop $hit

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 03-13-2004, 01:39 AM
I like Newcastle and Carlsberg, but what is Carling? I assume from your mention of alchopops that you are British? I read an article about them a while ago, very interesting.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 03-13-2004, 02:50 AM
I like Newcastle and Carlsberg, but what is Carling? I assume from your mention of alchopops that you are British? I read an article about them a while ago, very interesting.

formaly known as carling black lable but now just carling they used to be the sponsers of the
FA premiership top drink and yes im british or rather English. as for alchopop admittedley blue wkd kicks ass and so does smirnoff but they are the only 2

Naruto
Sat, 03-13-2004, 04:53 AM
MHH didnt the germans create beer ^_^

Tenshi28
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:49 AM
dark beer the nectar of the gods

itachi_
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:50 AM
And have you ever tried "Old Speckled Hen" it's really good, it's a mix between a fine high quality ale with a touch of cream/coffee.. yum

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by: The Next Hokage

formaly known as carling black lable but now just carling they used to be the sponsers of the
FA premiership top drink and yes im british or rather English. as for alchopop admittedley blue wkd kicks ass and so does smirnoff but they are the only 2

yay another brit i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, cant say im keen on carling/newcastle etc, mostly prefer bottled continental beers, but wont say no to a cold one

hiddenpookie
Sat, 03-13-2004, 11:01 AM
i havnt heard a single person say i drink sake weird...

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 03-13-2004, 12:31 PM
That's because sake tastes like shit.

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise
That's because sake tastes like shit.

hes got a point

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Tried sake once, on the day I turned 21. I like it, just haven't been to a place that serves it since then.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 03-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Beer can be healthy if it's not consumed in excess.Studies show that a drink a day is healthy for you,but like anything else,too much can be dangerous.

Drunken_Lord
Sun, 03-14-2004, 03:41 AM
Alright, guess I gotta throw down my 2 cents. *cough*screenname*cough* Hmm.. I'd have to say my fav beer at the moment is George Killian's Irish Red. But I enjoy beers from all over the world, for example: Labatt Blue, Kirin Ichiban, Dos Equis, Corona, Amstel Light, Miller Genuin Draft and Rolling Rock. Those are probably the most memorable beers that I've had though I've tried alot more than that. Yea, I guess just about any beer is good with me. Has anyone tried Carta Blanca? I can't find it in my area and want to know what it's like. Well, that's my 2 cents (for now).