PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Text color?

ComeComeParadise
Thu, 03-04-2004, 04:39 PM
If everyone has different color schemes, I guess we can't use spoiler text anymore...?

BigR
Thu, 03-04-2004, 06:02 PM
how about you do ***SPOILER***

this guy dies

***SPOILER***

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:37 PM
how bout just no spoilers? so much easier.

A77ALiSTiC
Fri, 03-05-2004, 10:43 AM
hmm i never thought about it... i think were gonna come up with an answer sooner or later...
how about a script that can be added to the text editor when replying that lets you have the answer in a popup window, and automatically posts a link to it? just a thought...

Charlemagne
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Red perhaps?

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: A77ALiSTiC
how about a script that can be added to the text editor when replying that lets you have the answer in a popup window, and automatically posts a link to it? just a thought...

That's a good idea. I was thinking something along those lines would work well.

A77ALiSTiC
Fri, 03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise

Originally posted by: A77ALiSTiC

That's a good idea. I was thinking something along those lines would work well.

thnx, but i dont know if it would work tho... i have no experience with moderating forums, but i dont think you can a script like that.. dont know

came up with another idea, but i dont think itll work.. ppl type in the answers in paint, save it as an image, and upload it to a free image uploading site and copy/paste the link... a lot of work i know

JessiA
Fri, 03-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, how about this. People can announce they know the answer, if they do.. and curious people can.. OMGOMGOGMOMG message the person who knows. That way people who don't want to be spoiled won't be, and people who don't care can be.

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by: JessiA
Well, how about this. People can announce they know the answer, if they do.. and curious people can.. OMGOMGOGMOMG message the person who knows. That way people who don't want to be spoiled won't be, and people who don't care can be.

That could work, but many times we want instant gratification, and some people might only check their messages daily or less.

Jman
Fri, 03-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by: BigR
how about you do ***SPOILER***

this guy dies

***SPOILER***

that's been done before and didn't help.

SuntUrioN
Sat, 03-06-2004, 06:22 AM
I think the best way is to do it, is like this:

SPOILER

But unfortunately HTML code is not allowed.

KakashiSensei
Sat, 03-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm a big fan of no Spoilers, if some one spoiles they get a big spank out of here. its not fair for those who choose not to read the manga.

JessiA
Sat, 03-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise

Originally posted by: JessiA

That could work, but many times we want instant gratification, and some people might only check their messages daily or less.

Well, people will need to learn to be patient, and read their messages, won't they?

Everon
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Perhaps we need to "force" a specific color theme.

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by: Everon
Perhaps we need to "force" a specific color theme.

I disagreed with this idea, but it seems like it has come to be. Damn.