PDA

View Full Version : Sig Theory

BurnHavoc
Thu, 03-04-2004, 01:41 AM
After a little discussion in the IRC chan about it, I came to the following conclusion:

http://burnhavoc.direwolfstronghold.com/sigtheory.jpg

If you think otherwise, you're a flaming idiot.

Xollence
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Hehe I guess mine is too big, I'll make it smaller.

Ciber
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:35 AM
The bigger the sig, the bigger your penis is!

shadowmantis
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:45 AM
aw then i have no penis i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

in my humblestestest opinion, signatures are the most annoying thing on the internet. they are high up there on the list, along with the people who don't know the difference between 'there, their, they're' and 'you're and your'.
</rant>

<instert a 900345 x 100102131 px sig>

Ciber
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by: shadowmantis
aw then i have no penis i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

in my humblestestest opinion, signatures are the most annoying thing on the internet. they are high up there on the list, along with the people who don't know the difference between 'there, their, they're' and 'you're and your'.
</rant>

<instert a 900345 x 100102131 px sig>

Forums are supposed to be for discussions, not to have a seizure inducing fashion show.

If it was up to me alone, there would be no sigs or custom avatars. We would keep it nice and clean, like it is right now.

Sadly it's not up to me alone. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gifi/expressions/brokenheart.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Thankfully this forum allows you to disable the god forsaken sigs. I'm still trying to figure out what i'm going to do once the stupid custom avatars kick in. I'll probably quit posting like i did with the last board, the damn avatars and sigs drove me insane.

rEkKaShInObI
Thu, 03-04-2004, 03:02 AM
interesting.

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 03-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Alright! I was too lazy to make a sig and now no one can fault me for it!

Raven
Thu, 03-04-2004, 07:48 AM
The sigs can be annoying, yes, but the avatars aren't that bad are they? They're only small.

Ciber
Thu, 03-04-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
The sigs can be annoying, yes, but the avatars aren't that bad are they? They're only small.

Right now i'm leaning towards custom avatars and text sigs(no big ass flashing images) only. The forums would then keep their clean, uncluttered appearance and they can't whine about not having their personal "touch".

Most importantly, the forums will stay FAST.

Munsu
Thu, 03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Maybe an avatar size picture in the sig... something not to big...

r3n
Thu, 03-04-2004, 12:35 PM
i like having a custom sig and av. aslong as the sig isnt too large theres no problem.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I never had any speed problems with the forum, Ciber. Is this something frequent?

Legendary Nin
Thu, 03-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I never had any speed problems with the forum, Ciber. Is this something frequent?

same here.The pages loaded at 1/3 of a second minimum for me on the old forum.I find this forum isn't any faster,but maybe that's because of my connection.

Ciber
Thu, 03-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

The old forums were slow and cluttered.

I guess we just have different standards.

hiddenpookie
Thu, 03-04-2004, 11:11 PM
am getting used to this look! but truely i do o soo enjoy the other soo much but i liked sigz there were cool looking and showed ppl's skills it wasnt bad at all