PDA

View Full Version : GITS Movie2

Takenoko
Wed, 03-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Friend said on 3/6 the new GITS movie will be showing, but he thinks it will be movie theatres release only? or maybe the DVD will be out later?

Anyone have release info on it?

-Take

smash
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:40 AM
its only a theatrical release.. coming out this saturday in japan (march 6th)

Takenoko
Thu, 03-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Will we see a fan-sub of it..?

Tachikoma
Thu, 03-04-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm hoping to see a fansub of Innocence. If the trailer's anything to go by, then it'd be worth seeing a fansub.

And what about Appleseed? I've seen a Japanese trailer and an English trailer. So is it going to be in Japanese only, or dual-language? Are there any plans for a fansub of it when it's released?

Munsu
Thu, 03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Dual languages are from DVD rips that you see in .ogm or .mkv

Munsu
Thu, 03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Dual languages are from DVD rips that you see in .ogm or .mkv

sorry i hit post message twice... my bad

Tachikoma
Thu, 03-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Ah, my bad as well. Should have made my point clearer.

By 'dual-language' I meant will there be a Japanese release in Japanese (duh) and a Western release in English? Just the fact that I've seen English and Japanese language trailers threw me a bit (and Duenan sounds a bit weird in the English one - the voice doesn't really suit the character's personality (from the mangas at least)).

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 03-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Does that mean that the DVDs released to the UK will be dubbed? Or will you have a choice? There better be a language/subs thing on the DVD because I've never once seen a film or anime improved by dubbing...

I hope there is, like with GitS and Akira etc, but then theres films that make you watch the dubbed version

smash
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by: Tachikoma
I'm hoping to see a fansub of Innocence. If the trailer's anything to go by, then it'd be worth seeing a fansub.

And what about Appleseed? I've seen a Japanese trailer and an English trailer. So is it going to be in Japanese only, or dual-language? Are there any plans for a fansub of it when it's released?

this is also a theatrical release... ~_~
appleseed movie will be released in Japan theatres on April 17th, in North America this summer and in Europe and Asia at a later time

will there be a fansub? who knows i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but if there is.. quality would be shotty.. being its a cam rip

Takenoko
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:59 PM
cam rip is better then nothing...if US not gonna get it ever. :\

Everon
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:57 AM
drools i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

smash
Fri, 03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by: Takenoko
cam rip is better then nothing...if US not gonna get it ever. :\

i said it was coming to North America

appleseed in summer (in theatres)
gits:innocence gonna come out, in like 2-3 months here (in theatres)

Takenoko
Sat, 03-06-2004, 04:51 PM
If it's coming to theatres in North America, how butchered is it going to get?

Subbed or Dubbed? What will the rating be? G? PG-13? R?

Munsu
Sat, 03-06-2004, 06:31 PM
I highly doubt there wont be a DVD release of this movie... and some fansub or dvd ripping group will no doubt release it in the future

r3n
Sat, 03-13-2004, 08:58 PM
It only took about 2 or 3 months for there to be a subbed DVDRip of battleroyale 2 out on the net. shudnt take any long for appleseed2 and innocence

Tachikoma
Sat, 03-13-2004, 10:54 PM
in North America this summer and in Europe and Asia at a later timeCan you define this 'later time', or shall we just assume that Blighty will get these two films about, oh, I don't know, 2-3 years after everyone else? That seems to be the average waiting time for getting anime over here, if we get it at all (it has to be pretty big to make it here).

Damn it, I want out! I wanna go to Japan! i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif