PDA

View Full Version : leaf villiage overpowered?

injun
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:11 AM
One thing I have noticed is how grossly overpowered the leaf villiage is. I mean come on, its seems like everyone in this villiage ownz. How is it that kids can bitch slap the four elite sound ninjas? Does not make any sense. I mean the 2nd level curse seal status allows them to slap around a lot of people but they lose to not even chunnin ranked ninjas? what is up with that?

Mut
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:21 AM
the only reason why the leaf looks overpowered is cuz that's the main characters' home village. if naruto's village was the mist, then mist would seem super powerful cuz a lot of nins from that village will become significant parts of the storyline, therefor, a lot of the village's nins' powers will be revealed. but for the other villages, who cares. strong nins from other villages will only be introduced when necessary. there is no point in absolutely making sure that all the villages balance out the countries' powers. it has already been said that the powers are equally balanced.

oni roh
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:30 AM
nicely put dazzz

also some of the people they focus on are genius's. And another thing, kiba ran away, and chouji and neji are dead/severely injured.

Iznogoud
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Well it's not like they had more power...i think they were just smarter!
They used good tactics...Ok neji is a genius...
But choji and kiba put their life on the line!

edit: lol
same hour almost the same post ^^

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 03-02-2004, 07:35 AM
The Leaf isn't neccesarily overpowered, it is just that the Sound and Sand Village suck.

5 Gennin from Konoha are holding their own with the Special Forces from Sound as we speak, and in two cases ultimately winning the fights.

The Sand Village was a fairly strong village, because they had quality over quanity, but all the ones shown during the invasion of Konoha still sucked.

The Sound is just terrible, the Leaf Jounin who were outnumbered at least 6 to 1 in most cases whooped their asses in the arena. On top of that the Konoha civilians trounced the rest of the invading Sound and Sand.

Don't worry though because their are stronger villages like Hidden Mist Village, Hidden Cloud Village, and Hidden Stone Village, at least I hope they are stronger. At least Mist seems kind of strong since Zabuza and Kisame are there and they aren't too shabby, especially Kisame, Zabuza was just weak since he was the first main villain. Even so he still managed to capture Kakashi once.

The Cloud Village is kind of shady too, Hiashi beat the shit out of that Jounin pretty easily in the flashback, but then again he is the strongest Hyuga.

The Stone Village should be interesting to see, I think that is where Kabuto comes from..since Kabuto is a prehistoric bug of some kind. If you played Pokemon it was a Rock/Water type, so I think his name is in reference that he is from the Stone Village. I am still not sure if he is an advanced bloodline person or if he has a bad case of pink eye while in the forest of death.

oni roh
Tue, 03-02-2004, 07:53 AM
i wonder.....

are the members of akatsuki classified as missing nin's? cause what i don't get iss....

you'd think if people like zabuza were missing nins then why would he still where is forhead protecter? i mean if he is being hunted why not hide his identity?

i just don't get it, itachi and shark guy as well, they don't seem to be loyal to any country yet they still where the headband? you'd think that they would have come up with their own little type of symbol for akatsuki. why where it if your not loyal to that village?

on another note, i think most countries are balanced with a few exceptional nin's in each country, but when i think about it didn't oro kill the kage of of sand? (kazegage), it doesn't make me think too highly of sand to tell you the truth, but we haven't seen much of all the countries true powers.

now that i think about it...... maybe leaf is alot stronger, considering instead of oro just deceaving sand to attack konoha he got not one but two countries to invade konoha. maybe leaf overall IS a little overpowered http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif but it doesn't bother me too much, like dazzz said its the main characters home village.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 03-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Akatsuki wears their home countries headbands, but with the symbol scratched out through the middle. That is there way of saying where they are originally from. Their rings with the symbol for Wind on them is what signifies them as members of Akatsuki.

Also Orchimaru has killed two Kages so far, if it wasn't for him and Kabuto their country would be the weakest I think. They are above Sand though which I hold in lowest regards in terms of power.

jing
Tue, 03-02-2004, 08:37 AM
So, what's wrong with being overpowered? It's not messing up the storyline. They are bitch slapping the sound-nins because they are geniuses. We can't assume ALL kids can do it.

itachi_
Tue, 03-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Where's the mist and earth ninjas, they're hiding?

the sound 4 is probably at chuunin in normal state but in 2level cursed seal they're jounin's, naruto, sasuke, neji are at chuunin level in strenge and could probably fight a draw against one of those "unknown" leaf jounins if they're in their best state (naruto, kyubi, sasuke chidori and fast tai-jutsu, neji with 64 hit combo etc).

Mgslee
Tue, 03-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I thought the hidden leaf village was deliberatly made the strongest by Kishimoto. Its one of the primary reasons the Sand decided to join the sound in the invasion.

The problem with being the strongest is that it makes you a target. I'm sure there are stronger Nins from other villages (and organizations) but the country with the strongest overall military power is that of the country of fire.

angryinjun
Wed, 03-03-2004, 02:08 PM
i hate this new forum styles, it actually banned my account.

you all made some good points, i think there are some errors made, first, zazuba was not a pussy, he was the devil of the hidden mist, he was called that cuz he killed like a 100 chinuns when he was 6. The guy was a killing machine. So know that Zazuba was one of the more powerful of the Mist he was trounced. Next coji is not a genius, he is a fat fuck, he eats, if he survives anything it is because of his fat reserves.

But all things considered, when you are the biggest bad-asses on the block it is hard to create good tension. Its a lot like bombing Iraq. we bombed the living hell out of without fear of retaliation. Wooo that would make a grat magna. By having over-powered heroes and for that matter villians the story telling moves from compelling to the rediculous.

oni roh
Wed, 03-03-2004, 05:33 PM
i don't like the forums much either but its new and they haven't done anything to it yet (or much to it) it'll be easier to use soon

on another note, konoha was pretty badly beatin up after the invasion, right now they are weak, but of course kishimoto couldn't make it so konoha was a pussy village and overtaken that easily, but the fact that some of the genin died/crap kicked out of makes the story a little bit more believable for me.

and i agree zabuza was a complete badass, it was almost a shame to see him die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif if you ask me no other villans have so far fit the role of "complete badass", i mean... oro, itachi, etc. etc. are strong as hell but they didn't stick a kunai in their mouth and slaughter a bunch of people without their arms!

Hokage-IV
Wed, 03-03-2004, 06:27 PM
also zabuza fell in love with a boy. complete badass

Hokage-IV
Wed, 03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
konoha is the strongest country in the shinobi world, can you imagine Oro,Jiraryia, Tsunade,Itachi was still there not to mention kabuto.

I thought it was a disgrace how oro killed kazekage like nothin, kishmoto shouldve illustrated that fight,or somethin that explains how he died afterall it was one of kage.

Mut
Wed, 03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
it's better to just edit your post rather than posting again 7 minutes later. also, konoha only has tsunade and jiraiya, not itachi and orochimaru. btw, there is no point of showing how the kazekage died. it's not necessary.

Hokage-IV
Wed, 03-03-2004, 08:35 PM
techically only tsunade, i was talking in hypothetical sense cuz i do believe they were one time shinobi for konoha . but correct me if im wrong

yes there is no point to the story that he had to kill kazekage either . its fun talking to obvious ppl.

Mut
Wed, 03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IVbut correct me if im wrong yes there is no point to the story that he had to kill kazekage either . its fun talking to obvious ppl.

are you saying that there is no point in orochimaru killing the kazekage? if so, respond to this and check back on this post later tonight if you wanna get shut down.

oni roh
Wed, 03-03-2004, 09:05 PM
lol too funny, kazekage dieing was one of the key points in oro organizing the attack against konoha, try re-reading those parts in the manga

kaigan
Wed, 03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
i don't think the leaf is overpowered, they are strong due to dedicated people.

Raven
Thu, 03-04-2004, 08:20 AM
I don't think they're overpowered right now - if anything, they're weak now.

Considering the fact that there's a major shortage of Shinobi after the war, virtually all of them are out doing missions to keep face

and also they sent a bunch of gennin with a rookie chuunin leader to get back an extremely valuable leaf member that is part of an extinct clan simply because they didn't have anyone stronger to go instead.

That says weak to me, not overpowered.

oni roh
Thu, 03-04-2004, 03:51 PM
i agree, they are weak now, but the fact that it took 2 countries to do any damage to them tells me they were really strong before any of it took place.

angryinjun
Thu, 03-04-2004, 06:02 PM
...they sent a bunch of gennin with a rookie chuunin leader to get back an extremely valuable leaf member that is part of an extinct clan ... [/quote]

that is my exact point, the villiage is cranking out overpowered characters. The leaf villiage sent out a bunch of kids who should not be albe to hang with these sounds elite (more like e-lame) four. How is it that they can totally own 2 jounins but get slapped around by the kids. If the claim is that it was 4 v 2, that was disproven when shikmaro proves that the guys have no team work... Hence, leaf is overpowered. Not to mention the fact that leaf cranked out 3 hokage worthy ninja out of one generation...

XwingRob
Thu, 03-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Hidden Leaf is, imo, going through a age of "genius ninjas" where most of the new ninjas are for whatever reason, stronger than any other generation before them.
Sound village, is made up of rejected losers who think they can become powerful by listening to a evil guy who's a bastard.

DemonRyu
Thu, 03-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't think the Leaf is overpowerd. IF you think about it the sound is a new village and the sand doesn't have many nins since what the Lord of the Wind country did.

Destroyor
Thu, 03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Hidden sand had their funding cut!, and hidden sound is a relatively weak and new villlage, therefore leaf is not overpower.

And about the 4 on 2, yeah sound 4 appears to have weak teamwork, but it's still a 2:1 battle where as the leaf genin get to fight 1 on 1, with the aid of a soldier pill against a tired oppenent. Imho, I do think the leaf genin are doing a little bit too well, but not so well as to make it absolutely unbelievable.

oni roh
Thu, 03-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I do think the leaf genin are doing a little bit too well, but not so well as to make it absolutely unbelievable.

i dont' think they are doing too well, neji was pretty evenly matched, kiba is running and choji basically committed suicide to kill the other guy.

i kinda like the way the sound 4 vs the genin played out, but my opinion could change on how shika deals with tayuya and naruto deals with kimi in the upcomming chapters. the only reason konoha may seem overpowered like said before is because the story focuses in on them more then anyone else. each character has his/her own strong/weak points. Now if they sent hinata in there and she murdered one of the sound 4 then i'd say things were getting a little weird :S

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah i also thought about that...how they make leaf genins like so powerful!!! im like grrrrr....but oh well, i like it still cause those are the main characters anyway, eh?

oni roh
Thu, 03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
yeah but the thing is they aren't THAT powerful.

If you think about it all ninja's of all diffrent countries are crazy powerful

Zabuza slaughtered a hundred or so ninja's

Itachi was leader of ANBU at 13 or w/e

There was always powerfull people around at all times, even in the times of the 1st and second, we only think that the village is overpowered because its the only thing the anime/manga zero's in on

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, the leaf has Udon, so that is a bit too much for any other village to counter!

HA

HA

HA

Udon Lives i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oni roh
Fri, 03-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, the leaf has Udon, so that is a bit too much for any other village to counter!

jesus kid get real, its ppl like u that everyone is bitching about, would you please try to NOT bring up your pathetic little fetish in every thread?

PSJ
Fri, 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
Hidden Leaf is, imo, going through a age of "genius ninjas" where most of the new ninjas are for whatever reason, stronger than any other generation before them.
Sound village, is made up of rejected losers who think they can become powerful by listening to a evil guy who's a bastard.

there are 2 geniuses right now neji and sasuke and sasuke have left the village. and the genins isnt that strong the sound 4 is at chuunin level you know at most low jounin when going to curse seal 2. they just seem strong because the fights are made to look incredible. its always that way. ill say it again the sound 4 is chuunin level the only thing that makes them strong is their curse seal. they are the "elite" just because sound dont have anyone stronger exept orochimaru and kabuto( take in concideration that kimimaro shouldnt be able to move.)

NOthing Is Real
Fri, 03-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Garra was never touched by anyone is the sand village, and rock lee was able to do it. the sand village ninjas start training really early (think about gaara's flashback, they were six but they were already training), but no one was able to scratch him, probably including some high ranked Jounins...

so basically, everyone else sucks, and the leaf owns, somehow, even though it's really unreasonable..

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 03-05-2004, 10:56 PM
The more people whine and cry about Udon, the more I'll post about him i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Udon is da pimp i/expressions/beer.gif

Hmm Leaf does seem to be the strongest village from what we've seen, just the combination of Hyuuga, Jiraiya (sometimes when he's around), Tsunade, Naruto (getting strong), Gai, etc ... but then again, who knows what else exists in Kishimoto's universe.

Mut
Fri, 03-05-2004, 11:14 PM
what village is kimimaro from? he's clan (if he belongs to one) has to be a uber strong.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 03-05-2004, 11:21 PM
His background really hasn't been told yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif I hope chap 208 divulges some more info, so far Kimi is uber-boring .. he is like wallpaper paste, but seems pretty strong. Porcupine skills~! Maybe if we get some background on Kimi, he will become a little more interesting, I've never liked the typical anime characters which are totally expressionless and emotionless, they're just so flat. I much prefer the eccentric, unpredicable characters like Dr Jackal from Get Backers, or even Oro for that matter. Even Zabuza had personality.

Udon>Kimimaro hehehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

injun
Sat, 03-06-2004, 02:28 AM
i hope that kimi unleashes his 3rd dance. The "tossing of the Salad" That way kimi can be fleshed out as not only a killing machine but a ravager of assholes. lol

Stoopider
Sat, 03-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I think the leaf is partly overpowered because it has a lot of bloodlines. (I posted about this in the bloodline topic, but it's best repeated).

Remember the portion when Zabuza was revealing the past of.... The ice guy?? (I can't remember his name). The Ice guy was from a bloodline as well. ANd I guess they hunted down and killed bloodlines, so maybe they all run and took haven in the Konoha village, which doesn't seem to be killing their bloodlines.

And.. We've yet to see other ninja clans. But I think it is stated somewhere during the Chunnin exam's that Konoha village IS the strongest clans among all clans. (I think).

oni roh
Sat, 03-06-2004, 08:02 AM
i hope that kimi unleashes his 3rd dance. The "tossing of the Salad" That way kimi can be fleshed out as not only a killing machine but a ravager of assholes. lol

^^ LOL!!!

anyway..... leaf does have exceptional bloodlines the (uchiha and hyuuga) and your right we have yet to see what other kinds of bloodlimits there are out there. but i somehow doubt that they will compare to the sharingan and byakugan

Raven
Sat, 03-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by: angryinjun
...they sent a bunch of gennin with a rookie chuunin leader to get back an extremely valuable leaf member that is part of an extinct clan ...

that is my exact point, the villiage is cranking out overpowered characters. The leaf villiage sent out a bunch of kids who should not be albe to hang with these sounds elite (more like e-lame) four. How is it that they can totally own 2 jounins but get slapped around by the kids. If the claim is that it was 4 v 2, that was disproven when shikmaro proves that the guys have no team work... Hence, leaf is overpowered. Not to mention the fact that leaf cranked out 3 hokage worthy ninja out of one generation...[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself..... you say the 2 jounin got owned, and yet you still say that the leaf is overpowered. If they were overpowered like you say, then shouldn't the jounin have won the battle?

aeturnum
Sun, 03-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Welcome to real life. Things aren't always balanced and yes, occasionally someone is better than someone else. Why any of you expect or want it to be different in Naruto is beyond me. I don't care that the Leaf is strong so long as the storyline is entertaining and plausible (with a nice deep background) strong characters can be produced to keep the fights good. The thread's topic "leaf villiage overpowered?" is easily answered: as far as we have seen yes, the Leaf has lots of power (lots of strong bloodlines - Hyuuga/Uchiha being most important, but let's not forget all of these families with specialized techniques), but more the more important question is "Does it matter if the Leaf is overpowered?" and I'd say no, it sure doesn't.

Mut
Sun, 03-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by: angryinjun
...they sent a bunch of gennin with a rookie chuunin leader to get back an extremely valuable leaf member that is part of an extinct clan ...

that is my exact point, the villiage is cranking out overpowered characters. The leaf villiage sent out a bunch of kids who should not be albe to hang with these sounds elite (more like e-lame) four.[/quote]

there are two reasons why the genins were sent.

1. how else would have naruto and crew tied in with the story? what would kishimoto have them doing while other ninjas go after sasuke? he can't show naruto and crew training again, too boring.
2. most of the upper level ninjas were already doing missions.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 03-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I disagree, the village's strength isn't any different. Strength of a village is decided by the leader (kage) and some followers (note: only some followers, because there will always be weak and some strong people). After the battle, the strong followers are still alive e.g. Gai, Kakashi, Hiashi, Chouji's father, Shika's father, Kiba's father, etc. They are still all around. The only thing that has changed is at the Kage level. The third background was in ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu. The fifths background is a little different. It's in the medical field. This doesn't make the fifth a weakling. Remember doctors are next to gods when it comes to who lives and who dies. The fifth can kill someone just by touching them (scalpel or changing neural networks). Overall, the strength of the village remains the same.

Raven
Mon, 03-08-2004, 07:12 PM
You have to admit that the leaf aren't as strong as they once were, they lost a crapload of nins in the invasion.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by: injun

^^ Masterful!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
You have to admit that the leaf aren't as strong as they once were, they lost a crapload of nins in the invasion.

Yes, they lost many nins, but so did the invading army. It doesn't matter how many "bullet takers" die, as long as the good nins are still around. The good nins are the ones who help shape the community and history.

More importantly, Konoha is weak compared to who? Let's discuss the invading armies first. The Sands have it the worst. They are without a kage and they lost many men. The only real strong sand nin that we've seen is Gaara and Baki. The sounds really only have Kabuto and Oro left after the 4-gates are defeated (should really be 5-gates since there's a twin). So Konoha is a lot better off then these two villages (I don't believe the sounds have a village). Suffice to say, these two clans won't be attacking Konoha any time soon. All Konoha has to worry about is the other countries e.g. cloud and water. But we haven't seen much action from them.

Jman
Tue, 03-09-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by: rockmanj

Originally posted by: injun

^^ Masterful!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

rofl that's classic

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, I don't think they are weak...they are certainly strong, but in a very strained position. BTW CmDr_RavEn, your whole post argues towards Konoha being overpowered, not weak as you say. They don't have anyone stronger to send after Sasuke because they are overpowered, even though they have plenty of strong ninjas. All of their strong ninjas are out doing missions, as you say.

Assertn
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:51 AM
just like the real world, some groups are simply gonna be stronger than others. The fact that konoha is such a large village means that even if the percentage of skilled ninjas to non-skilled is lower there than other villages, they could still have more skilled ninjas total than in other villages. Just as kakashi once said "there exists people who are younger than you, yet stronger than me"....age doesnt necessarily determine the outcome of the fight, and the only reason why those 4 sound nins are anything special is prolly because orochimaru got a hold of them and did crazy experiments or whatnot, kinda like what he did with zaku. The sound village has only been around for a year or so, so they havent established a very strong foundation yet. Also considering how kakashi always says that sasuke's reliance on the cursed seal would mean the end of his strength potential, the same prolly goes for those 4 as well. Since they depend alot on the seal, they fail to make themselves naturally stronger.

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by: ComeComeParadise
Well, I don't think they are weak...they are certainly strong, but in a very strained position. BTW CmDr_RavEn, your whole post argues towards Konoha being overpowered, not weak as you say. They don't have anyone stronger to send after Sasuke because they are overpowered, even though they have plenty of strong ninjas. All of their strong ninjas are out doing missions, as you say.Eh? Which of my posts are you talking about?

Oh, now I see, the one on the first page.

I don't get what you're trying to say. My point is, seeing the Uchiha clan is all but extinct, you'd think retrieving one of the only surviving members from the enemy's grasp would be a top priority job. But because they are weaker now, they have no choice but to send a group of lower level nins with a rookie leader to go after him, because their remaining stronger nins are out doing missions to save face for the village, trying to maintain a "strong" image to the rest of the world.
If Konoha was to be attacked right now by a considerable force, they'd be wiped out. I'm disagreeing with the initial post and saying that they're underpowered right now, not overpowered.

Daniel of Lorien
Fri, 03-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

yes... being a pedophile is bad ass... /sarcasim off

<-- that picture kinda looks like me when I wore glasses -_-

PSJ
Sat, 03-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by: Daniel of Lorien

Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

yes... being a pedophile is bad ass... /sarcasim off

<-- that picture kinda looks like me when I wore glasses -_-

im sorry man.

hatashi17
Sun, 03-21-2004, 03:57 AM
konoha is kinda overpowered. but more power to em. This is probably why sand and sound wanted a part of the action. (I.E. the war)

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Who said Tsunade is weak?! Have you all forgotten her freakish strength? I quote Jiraiya "...she punched he once and I ended up 100 yards away...". She posseses strength that scares Orochimaru-dono.

Mange Sharingan
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Neji will never die,hes the genius, well kiba had to fight the most power ful out of all of them

Assertn
Fri, 03-26-2004, 01:41 PM
im glad kiba lost though.......it wouldve been way too damn convenient for ALL the matches to end in a draw or konoha winning

khaodessy
Fri, 03-26-2004, 03:55 PM
well kiba winning was a long shot to begin with

Xceleration
Fri, 03-26-2004, 06:46 PM
I don't think that Leaf is that overpowered, but it's true that alot of the strong ninja that we actually see in this story are all from leaf village. The 3 Legendary Sannins, and all the Hokages, the 4th sealed Kyuubi! Naruto with his Kyuubi Chakra, the elite bloodlines, Uchiha/Hyuuga. It's these strong characters that make it seem like Leaf is overpowered, but we haven't seen much elite ninja from other villages, so you can't really say leaf is overpowered.

Raven
Sat, 03-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Yeah exactly, for all we know other villages may have many ninja who are just as strong or stronger, but we haven't seen them yet.

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:06 AM
i agree. hmm that also makes me wonder about the other nin involved with Akatsuki. I'd expect thaat organization to have many strong nin from all over.