PDA

View Full Version : Buying Anime on DVD

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-01-2004, 02:56 AM
www.play.com - this is generally the best site I have found for anime...or if you're american...

www.playusa.com - i haven't ordered from them but they're the same company http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I buy pretty much all my DVDs and most of my games from play, they're usually the cheapest places to buy something from...

If you have a specific thing in mind you might want to try www.kelkoo.com - just search the product into that and it'll scan through its database of online stores and will give you a list of stores and what they charge for that particular item...pretty cool...but usually play is best in the kelkoo list anyway http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 03-01-2004, 03:44 AM
wow its good guys like you exist. you buy the anime and guys like me can leech it on the net.. yes i am cheap, it would cost me a fortune to import anime from USA or UK.

r3n
Mon, 03-01-2004, 05:14 AM
try some of the sellers shops on ebay too, ive gotten some good DVDs off them at good prices.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-01-2004, 08:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert&#045;Sennin Jiraiya &#064; Mar 1 2004, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> wow its good guys like you exist. you buy the anime and guys like me can leech it on the net.. yes i am cheap, it would cost me a fortune to import anime from USA or UK. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Heh I only pay for it if I think its REALLY worth buying and if its at the right price (which I&#39;m sad to say is very rare over here). I&#39;d buy GitS:SAC when it finally gets released here if they make it affordable...but chances are they&#39;ll just try and rip off the anime fans here as anime/manga isn&#39;t all that big here I don&#39;t think...its a relatively small market I guess compared to Japan and the US...

Yeah ebays a good place...I got all the episodes of Hellsing from some guy for £14 when to buy them officially (even off a cheap site like play) it would have cost £60 (to americans thats like &#036;115&#33;)...if they expect a student to be able to pay that much money for 13 episodes they can...*trails off mumbling what they can shove up which orifice*

...aaanyway...yeah ebays a good place, try there, it might not always be an official version (assuming that worries you) but in my experience they&#39;re generally good quality...just make sure you know what you&#39;re buying - read the description thoroughly (not to mention the P&amp;P and country they&#39;re selling from...lots of people offer good buy prices but they&#39;re actually based in like Singapore or something so P&amp;P is dead high...).

TeLeKiNeSiS
Mon, 03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
try animecastle ('http://www.animecastle.com')

Cyan
Mon, 03-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Do you guys know of any websites where I can get reasonably priced anime DVD&#39;s? -any that you&#39;ve personally ordered from?

I thank you for any responses.

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 03-01-2004, 12:33 PM
www.discountanimedvd.com
www.half.com