PDA

View Full Version : a good completed manga series

oni roh
Mon, 03-01-2004, 02:58 AM
well i have a lot of time on my hands so i have been reading manga, and i will most likely have a lot of time on my hands for a while to come. But since i started getting into manga i have read all that they have realeased of Berserk and Naruto
bother VERY awesome but VERY VERY agrivating because i've noticed how long it takes for new chapters to be realeased.

i just wanna know a good manga that can compete with the top of all time that is actually complete IE: Something i can finish and not have to worry about waiting 2 weeks to see who survives the cliffhanger that they left for you on the last chapter.

Thanks in advance http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Power PMV
Tue, 03-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Rurouni Kenshin
Slam Dunk

oni roh
Tue, 03-02-2004, 07:04 AM
lol @ dragon ball, although as far as anime goes i did enjoy it http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

i've heard a lot about kenshin, maybe i'll look into that, thanks !

BigR
Tue, 03-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Seriously, if anyone knows a place to download the complete dragonball manga in english, that'd be great

Fox Fire
Tue, 03-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Flcl
2 chapters=cheep olny cost me 20.00 for the whole series http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Berserk Ayato
Tue, 03-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Well i would go with X.

Iznogoud
Tue, 03-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Dragon ball

http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 03-03-2004, 03:44 PM
I can reccomend

Lone Wolf & Cub
Crying Freeman
GTO + 2 Prequels
Rurouni Kenshin
Flame of Recca

oni roh
Wed, 03-03-2004, 05:24 PM
gto is awesome i own all the dvds and my friend has all the manga

whats lone wolf & cub about?

dethstryke
Wed, 03-03-2004, 07:49 PM
I personally liked chobits, FLCL, Cowboy bebop:shooting star, and wish. flcl and bebop are both 2 book mangas.

oni roh
Wed, 03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
i have the flcl anime, it was funny but nothing too much more, no structure to it, but a good laugh i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, chobits and bebop were also good reads

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 03-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Lone Wolf & Cub is the best historical fiction manga EVER.

Set in Feudal Japan, Ogami Itto and Ogami Daigoro are the main characters. The movie/graphic novel, "the Road to Perdition" is partially based on LW&C.

Basically Itto was the Shogun's executioner, not assassin, but the guy who chopped off the persons head when they commited Seppuku (Samurai ritualistic suicide)

His arch nemesis was Yagyu Retsudo, head of the Oniwaban spy network amongst other intellgence organizations (yes, you heard right, RK fans don't wet your pants).

Yagyu gets greedy and decides he wants Ogami's position to go to one of his sons, so he sets him up and kills his entire clan including his pregnant wife. His child survives and now Lone Wolf and Cub walk the road of vengeance living as Ronin. Daigoro is 3, Itto is in his early-mid 30's.

Awesome manga.

oni roh
Fri, 03-05-2004, 03:31 AM
it sounds awesome, i'm gonna look into that, thank i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
Lone Wolf & Cub is the best historical fiction manga EVER.

Set in Feudal Japan, Ogami Itto and Ogami Daigoro are the main characters. The movie/graphic novel, "the Road to Perdition" is partially based on LW&C.

Basically Itto was the Shogun's executioner, not assassin, but the guy who chopped off the persons head when they commited Seppuku (Samurai ritualistic suicide)

His arch nemesis was Yagyu Retsudo, head of the Oniwaban spy network amongst other intellgence organizations (yes, you heard right, RK fans don't wet your pants).

Yagyu gets greedy and decides he wants Ogami's position to go to one of his sons, so he sets him up and kills his entire clan including his pregnant wife. His child survives and now Lone Wolf and Cub walk the road of vengeance living as Ronin. Daigoro is 3, Itto is in his early-mid 30's.

Awesome manga.

How many vol is there in this manga?

chaos4ever4
Sat, 03-27-2004, 04:05 PM
flame of recca

rockmanj
Sun, 03-28-2004, 03:23 PM
there are 28 volumes, at 10.76 each, so you'rew lookin at like about 300 bucks 4 the whole series

Hayate
Sun, 03-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Hikaru no Go is great... but has the most annoying ending EVER

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 03-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: rockmanj
there are 28 volumes, at 10.76 each, so you'rew lookin at like about 300 bucks 4 the whole series

Thats the main thing that puts me off buying manga!

Such a rip off usually...