PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 72 (not so good because....)

Beautiful Green Beast
Sat, 02-28-2004, 07:06 AM
In the manga you can clearly see the crops in Orochimarus room where he experimented with his new jutus but not in the anime. Why? Is it because the show is so early???? I want blood! I want crops! http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gifhttp://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gifhttp://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif

EpoC
Sat, 02-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Hahah!
I hear you man.

More blood!! http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/mad.gif

PLasK
Sat, 02-28-2004, 08:14 AM
yeah the anime is so childish http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

boomorman
Sat, 02-28-2004, 10:07 AM
I don’t miss a couple poorly drawn bodies with black dripping off them ( blood)

I’m Glad Naruto didn’t go the pure gore route like yu yu hakusho or hellsing. You only need so much blood and dismemberment.

Arctyc
Sat, 02-28-2004, 10:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I want crops&#33;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ask, and ye shall recieve.

http://arctyc.echoechoplus.com/crops.jpg

lordks
Sat, 02-28-2004, 10:35 AM
crops like in the children of the corn?? http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Hanyou Roura
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:19 AM
What did the dog say that made Sakura go white? Also, I think they drew her differently...She looked different.

Assertn
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arctyc @ Feb 28 2004, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I want crops&#33;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ask, and ye shall recieve. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
haha, couldnt have said it better myself http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif

what i wanna know is....what happened to the beautiful harmony of dripping red stuff and dramatic echoey splashes of haku&#39;s insides in the scene where kakashi used the lightning edge on him? They manage to pull something graphical like that on public television yet you cant even see a kunai lodged into a sound nin&#39;s head when kakashi and gai are tearin it up during the war?

NarutoOtaku
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hanyou Roura @ Feb 28 2004, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What did the dog say that made Sakura go white? Also, I think they drew her differently...She looked different. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The reason she went white was because she found out that an animal uses the same hair shampoo as she does. An animal...

Anyways, the only thing I found out that I didnt like was the subbing. There was another mistake that i have found. Disappointing...
If you look at scenes...

15:20 - 15:30.

&quot;An once-in-a-decade genius.&quot;

Fox Fire
Sun, 02-29-2004, 02:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beautiful Green Beast @ Feb 28 2004, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In the manga you can clearly see the crops in Orochimarus room where he experimented with his new jutus but not in the anime. Why? Is it because the show is so early???? I want blood&#33; I want crops&#33; http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gifhttp://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gifhttp://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
orginal pic ('http://www.degree-anime.com/gallery/data/media/55/Naruto%20-%20121%20-%2009.jpg')
ya know it kinda pisses me off that they took that out, it shows how sick and twisted oro is.

Assertn
Sun, 02-29-2004, 02:37 AM
maybe they are saving up the HQ ones for the gaara/naruto fight

NarutoOtaku
Sun, 02-29-2004, 02:47 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Augury @ Feb 29 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 28 2004, 10:57 PM)
There was another mistake that i have found. Disappointing...
If you look at scenes...

&quot;An once-in-a-decade genius.&quot;Â*

How is that a mistake?Â*
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Grammar-wise, the &quot;An&quot; should be &quot;A&quot; instead.

EDIT: Gah I don&#39;t know how to quote properly so it shows up weird </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You are right. So it should be &quot;A once-in-a-decade genius.&quot;

Everon
Sun, 02-29-2004, 03:43 AM
Does temari fight sasuke in the manga? I can&#39;t recall when...

Power PMV
Sun, 02-29-2004, 03:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon @ Feb 29 2004, 02:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Does temari fight sasuke in the manga? I can&#39;t recall when... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
she doesn&#39;t

They added that in the anime, I hope they don&#39;t take away the Shino-Kankurou fight and replace it for some lame thing like Sakura and Pakkun vs. the Squirrels

Assertn
Sun, 02-29-2004, 03:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Feb 29 2004, 02:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon &#064; Feb 29 2004, 02:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Does temari fight sasuke in the manga? I can&#39;t recall when... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
she doesn&#39;t

They added that in the anime, I hope they don&#39;t take away the Shino-Kankurou fight and replace it for some lame thing like Sakura and Pakkun vs. the Squirrels </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol, as amusing as that may be.....im yet to find a fight from the manga that didnt show up in the anime

if anything, its usually the other way around

Power PMV
Sun, 02-29-2004, 04:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Feb 29 2004, 02:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV &#064; Feb 29 2004, 02:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon &#064; Feb 29 2004, 02:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Does temari fight sasuke in the manga? I can&#39;t recall when... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
she doesn&#39;t

They added that in the anime, I hope they don&#39;t take away the Shino-Kankurou fight and replace it for some lame thing like Sakura and Pakkun vs. the Squirrels </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol, as amusing as that may be.....im yet to find a fight from the manga that didnt show up in the anime

if anything, its usually the other way around </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
true, I guess they CAN&#39;T remove the fights from the manga or Kishimoto will sue them and summon Gamabunta to eat all the anime creators&#39; families.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Sun, 02-29-2004, 04:21 AM
ah i loved the sasuke vs temari fight...

Everon
Sun, 02-29-2004, 05:48 AM
I have a feeling the whole Sasuke in a barrel arc is gonna be bad, because they&#39;re having 3 different fights at the same time. Right now its just 2 fights. The animation wasn&#39;t bad, just they made it less gory than the manga. I don&#39;t mind that decision, or even the removal of the lotus seal on Neji, but they need to add a little blood back into the anime. Even if its just a little.

Edit: They can&#39;t avoid blood in the Tsunade arc, if they do it&#39;ll be really really wierd.

Raven
Sun, 02-29-2004, 05:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 28 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> There was another mistake that i have found. Disappointing...
If you look at scenes...

&quot;An once-in-a-decade genius.&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
How is that a mistake?

Yondaime
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:17 AM
it was a better episode compared to the last few where either the characters were just jumping on the trees or bad animation......i liked the flashback part and yeah i think the figure inside the God of Death was 4th Hokage. apparently only 4th and 3rd knew about that jutsu. Maybe its from the scroll of forbidden seals. and i think no one outside Konoha knows about those seals.....and plus Sasuke Vs. Temari fight was a good change now the manga readers don&#39;t know how the next few episodes are gonna be like......because in the manga....Temari moves on with Gaara and Shino shows up to fight with Kankuro and Sasuke starts chasing again. and when Sasuke catches up with Temari and Gaara Temari hides in the bushes....hmmmm i think i like this change..... http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif can&#39;t wait for the next couple of episodes.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Watching the Pursuit Arc animated will be like someone pulling your toe nails out with plyers.

Its bad enough in the manga, we don&#39;t need 30+ episodes devoted to it in the anime. I say trim it down to 20 episodes and keep the plot moving.

Assertn
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 29 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Augury &#064; Feb 29 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 28 2004, 10:57 PM)
If you look at scenes...

&quot;An once-in-a-decade genius.&quot;

How is that a mistake?

EDIT: Gah I don&#39;t know how to quote properly so it shows up weird </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You are right. So it should be &quot;A once-in-a-decade genius.&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
oh geez.....i hope you guys dont suppose that its uncommon to find grammatical errors in fansubtitles

Legendary Nin
Sun, 02-29-2004, 07:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 29 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Watching the Pursuit Arc animated will be like someone pulling your toe nails out with plyers.

Its bad enough in the manga, we don&#39;t need 30+ episodes devoted to it in the anime. I say trim it down to 20 episodes and keep the plot moving. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I know.They&#39;ve dragged out the Sound Four/Sasuke era way too far.

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-29-2004, 07:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Feb 29 2004, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sakura vs. the Squirrels </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
&quot;EAT THIS BITCH&#33; ANCIENT SUPREME WOOD RODENT TECHNIQUE&#33; HAZELNUT NO JUTSU&#33;&quot;

jing
Sun, 02-29-2004, 07:46 AM
lol

by the way, did anyone notice how in the manga, Sasuke didn&#39;t fight temari... and Temari wasn&#39;t left behind. They changed it. i wonder how its going to work out now...

hiddenpookie
Sun, 02-29-2004, 08:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Augury @ Feb 29 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 28 2004, 10:57 PM)
If you look at scenes...

How is that a mistake?Â*

god lee man &quot;an&quot; or &quot;a&quot; who gives a crap geesh...meh the episode was alright i wonder what the death god well do...now i have to wait another week again as usual *sigh*

Mgslee
Sun, 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM
The Sasuke Barrel Arc is not being dragged out

compare it to the number of chapters it currently is to the finding Tsuanade arc... The only difference is your reading each chapter week by week instead of reading the whole arc in a day...

And whats with all the &quot;naruto = crap quality&quot; as of late? I admit theres a couple bad eps but ep 72 is fairly high on the quality scale...

If what your concerned about is the lack of blood / gore your gonna have to deal with it. Its what happened when Naruto got to popular and moved to a new time slot where alot of kids can watch it.

I really liked ep 72... I just hope that song that was played during the flashback of everyones group is on the next OST.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 02-29-2004, 08:34 AM
I liked the episode, but it does seem like the animation is really suffering. I think Eps 48-49 were the peak in terms of quality. I hope this doesn&#39;t mean that ..

( A ) - The series is losing popularity in Japan
( B ) - As a result, less money spent on the animation production
( C ) - Anime will be canceled/cut short

http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif

pavi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 08:38 AM
the reason wy the wave country arc had so much blood and was allowed to get away with it is b/c before eps 26-27, naruto used to air on friday nights. but then they changed it to current time wednesday http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/dry.gif
id rather have it on fridays with more blood then wednesday with none http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Insomniac
Sun, 02-29-2004, 09:34 AM
i doubt Naruto&#39;s losing popularity - its more popular now then ever.
The fact is that the animation companies are trying to use the least amount of effort to gain the maximum amount of money.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 09:42 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mgslee @ Feb 29 2004, 07:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The Sasuke Barrel Arc is not being dragged out

compare it to the number of chapters it currently is to the finding Tsuanade arc... The only difference is your reading each chapter week by week instead of reading the whole arc in a day...
I have read Naruto weekly for a while now, this isn&#39;t the first arc I have read on a week by week basis.

Oh and the Tsunade arc was twice as good as this latest arc.

Augury
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Feb 28 2004, 10:57 PM)
If you look at scenes...

How is that a mistake?Â*

EDIT: Gah I don&#39;t know how to quote properly so it shows up weird

itachi_
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Both 71 and 72 has been lacking in quality, I hope it won&#39;t last long, Anyone know if the team behind this epsiode was behind the &quot;extremely&quot; good episode 70 in quality..? I personally think that the arc with zabuza and haku were the best in quality, I wonder what happend, Let&#39;s hope for the best, increase quality&#33;

Yondaime
Mon, 03-01-2004, 03:09 AM
i don&#39;t know why you guys are being so anal about the fact that there was a typo ....&quot;an, A&quot; honestly it shouldn&#39;t bother you at all....unless you have sentence which goes like....&quot;You go me not come&quot;....you should just enjoy the anime.....and i really think the anime was pretty good...i hated the 71 animation.....esp. where Hokage looked so small and so did Oro at times and those weird color tree branches Sasuke was jumping on.....

okay about no blood thing...hmmm well they have already made it clear that to summon you need to spill some blood to summon.....i noticed in the last ep. where Hokage summons Enma....he just places his hand on the branch and says come forth Enma....no seals no blood...hmmmm whats that all about...i mean if they have declared a set of rules in the anime before that you need to perform a seal and spill some blood....why are the contradicting themselves....by having hokage just put his hand down and summon that huge monkey ass.....

Mut
Mon, 03-01-2004, 03:21 AM
people are just trying to be grammar police.

the 3rd already bit his thumb before he summoned enma. i don&#39;t know exactly where he did it but it&#39;s before one of the zombie hokages did a crazy jutsu. but i&#39;m not even sure if he bit his right thumb and summoned with his left or the other way around. maybe everything was correct, i dunno :/

abomb
Mon, 03-01-2004, 05:36 AM
my main concern is this, when kankuro fights shino, is gaara gonna run on his own? He&#39;s still pretty messed up... he doesnt have temari to carry him anymore...

Yondaime
Mon, 03-01-2004, 07:23 AM
maybe....i&#39;ll have to watch the episode again when i get back home...

bitwar
Tue, 03-02-2004, 04:12 AM
Ok, so what&#39;s with the huge outcry for blood? Is it a question of faithfulness to the original manga? If it is, why doesn&#39;t everyone complain about changes in the storyline, like Sasuke vs Temari? Are you worried about the lack of blood leading to Toonami snatching the series in the US? If that&#39;s the case, you&#39;d need total gore and bloodshed because they&#39;ve butchered other anime to suit their Toonami audience. Do you think the blood makes the fights more realistic? Hello&#33; It&#39;s anime. It&#39;s Naruto. Since when was it realistic? Besides, completely realistic violence would make most adults sick to their stomachs. Or do you think that a good fight requires visual pools and gysers of blood? In which case you&#39;re just outright wrong. Bloodspillage is a secondary concern, and personally I think that it&#39;s in enough anime as it is. Anime, especially good (great, excellent, whatever possitive adjective you prefer) anime like Naruto, needs more circulation. Some of the better means are public library anime programs. But a lot of those are targeted at kids who are sick of Pokemon, YuGiOh, and everything else on WB, and are already overly exposed to Cartoon Network&#39;s lineup. A lot of these kids are also under the age of 13 and have parents who blow their top at the sight of a blood spray. One spray will have a good show like Naruto banned from being shown in cases such as this, which leaves the people running these programs stuck feeding kids stuff they&#39;re sick of or having to say &quot;Come back when you&#39;re older.&quot; Granted, a lot of people differenciate anime from &quot;cartoons&quot; on the fact that anime&#39;s target audience isn&#39;t just kids. But the fact is that not all anime is targeted at only adults. Not all anime is required to have bloody dismemberments. And Naruto is one of those series that is perfectly fine without the bloodletting. Other anime like Hellsing, Vampire hunter D, and Ninja Scroll (to name a few) are targeted specifically at an older audience, so the blood levels are a lot higher than a series like Naruto. Which is perfectly fine. As has been said already, the time slot probably has a lot to do with the drop in blood shed in Naruto. And there&#39;s nothing you can do to change that. Just enjoy the series for what it is. (Besides, if CN picks it up, they&#39;ll have less to butcher. I HATE their cheap edits. They&#39;re so danged distracting).

As far as grammar. . . It&#39;s a free fansub. Don&#39;t be so picky. At least it&#39;s not one of those Japanese to Chinese to English translations. I saw one of those for the last Fushigi yugi OAV. Ugh, terrible. The errors in grammar on the Naruto subs here are very minor and I usually pass them over without noticing. It&#39;s not like &quot;All your jutsu are belong to me.&quot; So ease off. If you&#39;re so dissappointed, go do your own grammatically flawless fansubs.

And yes, the 3rd does bite his thumb. I remember seeing that and going into giddy anticipation mode wondering what he was going to summon.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Bitwar, good points .. I think .. it was kind of difficult to read your post. Once you get to 8 or 9 sentences, it might be a decent idea to use a NEW paragraph http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Btw, we don&#39;t need more blood in Naruto ..

we need more ... UDON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Udon &gt; Itachi http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif