PDA

View Full Version : FFVII: Advent Children

L8r
Sat, 02-28-2004, 05:58 AM
thought they all looked good...
i liked the part where you see the guy that turns to a beast ( forgot his name... the dude you find in the shinra(sp?) mansion )
atlest i think that was him

cant wait for this to come out http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

HimeNoHogosha
Sat, 02-28-2004, 06:12 AM
I don't think they really show Sephiroth.. except in the flaming flashback thing. I think the guy who we see fighting cloud is a clone of his.. and that the white cloaked man sitting in the wheelchair is sephiroth.. but we don't get to see his face >_<

Destiny
Sat, 02-28-2004, 06:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko @ Feb 29 2004, 04:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm...Cloud looks a little...ugly.

And Seph looks a lot like Gollum :&#092;

-Take </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree... they dont look very good, except in the fight scenes where u dont notice

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Ani-Kraze has subbed the trailer thingy for Advent Children, so go get it at Animesuki.
Man I almost cried when I saw it... to actually hear Cloud speak and watching Sephiroth go into the flames... together with my FAVORITE song from all of FFVII awoke so many memories.

*Goes off to re-play FFVII for the 10th time, awaiting the movie*

Hyuga Koji
Sat, 02-28-2004, 10:15 AM
I marked like hell when Vincent popped out.

The short fight was cool when Cloud got his Buster Sword knocked away and used the Hard Edge as a backup.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 02-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Who do you think is talking to Cloud at the beggining? Vincent?

We know that Cloud, Vincent, and Barret will be making a return, but I think that Tifa and Red XIII are good bets as well. XIII was in the ending movie and he was all old/huge and stuff.

These 3 guys are most likely Sephiroth clones that Hojo made a long time ago. Either that or someone combined Sephiroth&#39;s and Aerith&#39;s DNA and used Mako Radiation on them.

I wonder how strong Cloud is going to be. In the game he didn&#39;t seem to get god like power until after his dip in the life stream.

joker-kun
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:05 AM
or after he learned omnislash, that shit was mad&#33;

Hyuga Koji
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:26 AM
I want to see my man Cid and maybe Yuffie.

Tifa and Red should be in it or something&#39;s wrong.

I don&#39;t know who Cloud talks to first in the trailer i don&#39;t think it&#39;s Vincent (even though the voice sounds like it could match but it sounds too high for Barret and not energetic enough for Cid)

Could be some NPC or some minor character

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Feb 28 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> or after he learned omnislash, that shit was mad&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, but I didn&#39;t use it that much against big bosses, I just mostly used it on regular enemies. For bosses I used Knights of the Round + 3 Master Mime Materias. Took down all the weapons and Sephiroth easily.

I think I might start a new game later just for fun. Maybe try to play with different character this time.

Last time I used Cloud, Cid, Nanaki, and Tifa. This time I should probably go with Cloud, Vincent, Cat Saith, and Yuffie.

NarutoOtaku
Sat, 02-28-2004, 12:24 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 28 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Who do you think is talking to Cloud at the beggining? Vincent?

We know that Cloud, Vincent, and Barret will be making a return, but I think that Tifa and Red XIII are good bets as well. XIII was in the ending movie and he was all old/huge and stuff.

These 3 guys are most likely Sephiroth clones that Hojo made a long time ago. Either that or someone combined Sephiroth&#39;s and Aerith&#39;s DNA and used Mako Radiation on them.

I wonder how strong Cloud is going to be. In the game he didn&#39;t seem to get god like power until after his dip in the life stream. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Your thoughts are just educated guesses. There is no official information that Barret, Vincent, Tifa or Red XIII is going to be apart of the movie except as a reminiscence. Although, I am not saying that they arent going to return. In fact, I&#39;d be glad to see the old crew together again. It is just that the information you have given is not proven to be true except through a trailer. You have to think of all the possibilities.

About Hojo creating a clone of Sephiroth. That is a pretty big leap of theory.
If it really was a clone then maybe they should at least look like Sephiroth. We do not know. I, also, doubt that the creator would delve into the combination of Sephiroth and Aerith&#39;s DNA into an hour and a half movie.

Takenoko
Sat, 02-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Hmm...Cloud looks a little...ugly.

-Take

NarutoOtaku
Sun, 02-29-2004, 02:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 29 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> &quot;NarutoOtaku&quot;... did you even play Final Fantasy VII? If you did you would know that Hojo has tried to make Sephiroth &quot;clones&quot; before...Zack and Cloud. He captured them and tried using Jenova Cells and Mako radiation on them. When Cloud meets Hojo later in the game, someone asks Hojo who Cloud was. He replies

&quot;Just a failed Sephiroth clone I made years ago&quot;

Cloud was able to survive the process, but Zack wasn&#39;t.

Cloud takes a dip in the life stream later in the game to get even more power.

Also, Vincent seems to be in the forest where the fight is taking place. Barret might be a flashback, but I dunno. We need to see what happened to Midgar before the Epilogue, I think in this movie we will see how Midgar got covered up by vines, and all that shit. Possibly even the extinction of the human race. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
First of all, I have played Final Fantasy VII.
And second of all, even though that has happened in the game. It does not necessarily mean that those three mysterious figures are clones of Sephiroth.
And lastly, all those other main characters could be mere flashbacks like you said. Maybe not.

Power PMV
Sun, 02-29-2004, 03:34 AM
I just watched the trailer, it was so incredibly badass. Gotta play FFVII again before the movie to remember old times&#33;&#33;&#33; http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 02-29-2004, 04:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Destiny @ Feb 28 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko &#064; Feb 29 2004, 04:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm...Cloud looks a little...ugly.

I agree... they dont look very good, except in the fight scenes where u dont notice </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think Cloud looks all that bad...and Sephiroth looks ace&#33;

I well can&#39;t wait to see this when it comes out. All the playable characters (though I guess it&#39;d be pretty hard to fit Aeris in http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif) should be in it and it&#39;ll seriously suck if Tifa isn&#39;t in it.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:49 AM
I bet Tifa is a showgirl at the Golden Sacuer now. I think Midgar is a dump now, almost 100% that is where Cloud is fighting that one dude on his bike.

I think Vincent is immortal since he is a vampire, so their is no reason for him not to be around. I am crossing my fingers for Cid showing up, he will most likely be seen at least in a flashback. You can&#39;t have Final Fantasy without Cid.

Terracosmo
Sun, 02-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention Vincent, how the hell could I do that... he&#39;s my favorite FFVII character&#33;
I had to watch his scene 3 times to actually understand he was there.
Man this movie will be sooooo badass.

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 02-29-2004, 07:57 AM
I just hope its subtitled and not dubbed&#33;

Its going to be weird hearing them speak at all though, with VII being (thankfully) text on the screen rather than speech...

WHOA&#33; I only just saw a newer trailer than I had seen previously...it had Barratt and Vincent in it, and the scene where Cloud lowers Aeris into the water...there was a female voice in it too...and there seemed to be another bad guy as well as Sephiroth...

I wonder if Jenova will feature in the movie somehow...it&#39;d be cool if it did...though I could say the same about Weapon and its like 99% certain neither of them will be in it...

kimunist
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:38 AM
wow, they are really making it realistic now...

hiddenpookie
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:42 AM
heh its going to be short nooooo...its gonna be soo goodie&#33;&#33;&#33; w00t 300 post

SuntUrioN
Sun, 02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko @ Feb 29 2004, 06:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Is the movie going to be released in select theatres or will it be straight to video?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It will be a DVD only release

L8r
Sun, 02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
damn i gotta buy this when it gets here( Sweden )
prolly be a year or two but still http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

btw how many time have you guys/girls played the game?
I myself have prolly played it like 7 times http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif ( maybe more =)

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 01:08 PM
&quot;NarutoOtaku&quot;... did you even play Final Fantasy VII? If you did you would know that Hojo has tried to make Sephiroth &quot;clones&quot; before...Zack and Cloud. He captured them and tried using Jenova Cells and Mako radiation on them. When Cloud meets Hojo later in the game, someone asks Hojo who Cloud was. He replies

&quot;Just a failed Sephiroth clone I made years ago&quot;

Cloud was able to survive the process, but Zack wasn&#39;t.

Cloud takes a dip in the life stream later in the game to get even more power.

Also, Vincent seems to be in the forest where the fight is taking place. Barret might be a flashback, but I dunno. We need to see what happened to Midgar before the Epilogue, I think in this movie we will see how Midgar got covered up by vines, and all that shit. Possibly even the extinction of the human race.

Takenoko
Sun, 02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Is the movie going to be released in select theatres or will it be straight to video?

I thought the voices were pretty good.

I never finished FF7... When you progress into that parachuting into Midgard thing, I reset and went back to Golden Saucer to spent time getting items and stuff. Should I finish the game before watching the movie?

-Take

Power PMV
Sun, 02-29-2004, 01:24 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko @ Feb 29 2004, 12:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Is the movie going to be released in select theatres or will it be straight to video?

I thought the voices were pretty good.

I never finished FF7... When you progress into that parachuting into Midgard thing, I reset and went back to Golden Saucer to spent time getting items and stuff. Should I finish the game before watching the movie?

yes, FFVII is one of the greatest games ever&#33;&#33;&#33; You gotta finish it now.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah definetly finish it. One of the most satisfying pleasures on the planet is whooping up on Sephiroth at the end.

Also, most likely about EVERY fansubbing group on the planet will fansub this once it is released in Japan direct to DVD.

Just check out anime.mircx.com around that time and you will probably see at least a half dozen of them.

tensai
Mon, 03-01-2004, 02:20 AM
this trailer was awesome
too bad i barley played the game
the characters dont look bad, i prefer that over the last ff movie

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 03-01-2004, 12:10 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swallow Your Soul @ Feb 29 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Destiny &#064; Feb 28 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko &#064; Feb 29 2004, 04:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm...Cloud looks a little...ugly.

I agree... they dont look very good, except in the fight scenes where u dont notice </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think Cloud looks all that bad...and Sephiroth looks ace&#33;

I well can&#39;t wait to see this when it comes out. All the playable characters (though I guess it&#39;d be pretty hard to fit Aeris in http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif) should be in it and it&#39;ll seriously suck if Tifa isn&#39;t in it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Cloud n them really isnt all that bad, sure they look a little different, but its for the better.