PDA

View Full Version : Lighthearted Beginnings, Tragic and Heavy Endings

rogue_noir
Wed, 02-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Examples are Evangelion and Narutaru.. any other recommendations? Please don't mention ROD TV; it's quite mild (as of now) compared to the previous two. Keep spoilers to a mininum.. Thx

Gryphon
Wed, 02-25-2004, 05:15 AM
the only one's i can think of are Cowboy Bebop and Trigun

Munsu
Wed, 02-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Hahahha that's an easy one... and with no comparisons... She, the Ultimate Weapon (Saikano)

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 02-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Now And Then Here And There is nice for about 10 mins in the total of 13 eps, then it's from one depressing story to another.... But it's still great, one of the best... Chobits is also similar to the concept of being nice in the beginning then going to more mature and serious.

Slade xTekno
Wed, 02-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Full Metal Panic [the first season]. It starts out quite lighthearted and funny, then evolves into something quite a bit more deep.
Sadly, it is no longer available fansubbed [it was licensed and its release is planned for 2004].
Chrno Crusade may or may not fit your taste. It has a good balance of mirth and drama.

Tenkei
Thu, 02-26-2004, 02:10 AM
Did SaiKano really start out light-hearted? XD As I recall, by episode 2, someone had already died (if it didn't happen in episode 1), and it starting to get pretty worked up on all the emotions of the relationship in episode 3.

For that matter - Eva didn't really start out happily either, did it? XD Shinji had just come to NERV by request of his father, who he hadn't seen in a long time. THen he finds out that his father only wanted him so he could do work there.

But. Let's see.. light hearted going into really sad and tragic? Trying to think here.. I don't really recall seeing anything that started out all nice and happy in the beginning and ended up tragic. I know Narutaru -started- overly cheerful. But since I couldn't stand that, I didn't see anywhere past the cute episodes.

Ah! Hey, maybe Haibane Renmei (Charcoal Feather Corporation in America) fits in here? Episode 1 may not have been too light hearted, but basically, 1-5 or 6 were pretty light and carefree. After that, it got really emotional and sad.

Yeah, I'd have to say Haibane Renmei fits this.

Munsu
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tenkei @ Feb 26 2004, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Did SaiKano really start out light-hearted? XD As I recall, by episode 2, someone had already died (if it didn&#39;t happen in episode 1), and it starting to get pretty worked up on all the emotions of the relationship in episode 3.

For that matter - Eva didn&#39;t really start out happily either, did it? XD Shinji had just come to NERV by request of his father, who he hadn&#39;t seen in a long time. THen he finds out that his father only wanted him so he could do work there.

But. Let&#39;s see.. light hearted going into really sad and tragic? Trying to think here.. I don&#39;t really recall seeing anything that started out all nice and happy in the beginning and ended up tragic. I know Narutaru -started- overly cheerful. But since I couldn&#39;t stand that, I didn&#39;t see anywhere past the cute episodes.

Ah&#33; Hey, maybe Haibane Renmei (Charcoal Feather Corporation in America) fits in here? Episode 1 may not have been too light hearted, but basically, 1-5 or 6 were pretty light and carefree. After that, it got really emotional and sad.

Yeah, I&#39;d have to say Haibane Renmei fits this. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah Saikano didnt start lighthearted but whatever... at least it had a Tragic, Heavy Ending (some might argue a lighthearted ending)