PDA

View Full Version : About Oro....

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 02-23-2004, 12:43 PM
The title pretty much explains it. After the 3rd sealed Oro's arms, he was not able to use them even in battle (as expected). As soon as he got into a new body however, he was able to use his arms again! Now that is quite weird, considering that the third cut his SOUL's arm off, so i would assume he wouldn't be able to use his arms even if he transferred to another body.

Even if the seal sticks to the old body why is Kimimaro still able to use his hands? What happened to the third's seal? did it simply vanish into thin air, and how was oro able to do the body switch jutsu without his arms? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Perhaps the third should have just cut off oro's soul at the neck and detach his head, that would have ended it off much more quickly and saved us several dozen chapters of Oro chasing http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Hotsuma
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Feb 24 2004, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the 3rd didnt know the details of the kinjutsu, just that it was forbidden and required human life.
Oro said that even if Tsunade didnt heal his arms there was a way to get them back to normal (swapping bodies)

i dont know why people refuse to believe he can use his arms again, WE&#39;VE SEEN HIM USE THEM - GET OVER IT&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Using his arms and doing jutsus are two different things.

Vagabond
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:04 AM
hm I have a question. Whose body was Oro in when his arms were sealed?

Hotsuma
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:06 AM
Looks like his own body.

PSJ
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:12 AM
this is like the 500th thread about this. just search.

sangai
Tue, 02-24-2004, 04:58 AM
it was some girls body that he took over previous to the fight with hokage i think its the first body that he was able to transfer into sucessfully the other one being kimimaro was bouched and thats why kimimaru is in the condition he&#39;s in know all injured

and when oro took over the body he didn&#39;t use his armd that giant dragon thing you see is the sou/body swap its not like the other person looses there soul oro siad that it would remain there as a part of him

Sharingan83
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Ummm…
I don’t really follow you guys on this topic.
I re-read the manga to double-check, but the most movement Oro did was move chat with Kabuto and rest his head on his hand in a big chair. That’ doesn’t explain that he can definitely use his arms for ninjutsu seals and stuff.
Can someone give me info on that issue?

Raven
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
The point is, Sharingan83, that he previously couldn&#39;t move his arms at all to perform seals, but now that he <u>can</u> move them he should be able to perform seals again.

Anyone else think that the 3rd&#39;s seal was totally futile? I mean, if Oro can be healed that easily by Tsunade, or if he can just go into a new body whenever he wants, then what was the point? I guess the 3rd didn&#39;t know enough about it.

Mut
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah, seriously. but i don&#39;t know why orochimaru started pms&#39;ing when the 3rd sealed his arms. he was like &#39;GIVE ME BACK MY ARMS YOU OLD MAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one&#39;

btw, what does cmdr mean? i thought i saw it infront of an author (like cmdr_name) who did a review on cowboy bebop...is it a cult

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Maybe his arms will start to degrade over time, it might take a while for the seal to affect his new body. I am sure their is a way to counter the after effects of this too.

As far as we know nobody that has had their arms sealed before had the ability to switch bodies like Orochimaru does.

Just sit back and relax. I think he can use them again fully, it is just stupid having the main baddy handicapped like this for so long.

Raven
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz &#064; Feb 24 2004, 10:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> OLD MAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one&#39; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
LOL @ &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> btw, what does cmdr mean? i thought i saw it infront of an author (like cmdr_name) who did a review on cowboy bebop...is it a cult
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

It came from when I registered a nick on IRC, Raven was already taken of course so I chucked in a Commander prefix in front of it, after that it just stuck. People always assume I&#39;m part of a clan called &quot;CMDR&quot; but that&#39;s not the case. I was part of a clan but that wasn&#39;t it.

*EDIT* Changed the topic&#39;s name from &quot;About Oro&#39;s Arms&quot; to &quot;About Oro....&quot; because his arms don&#39;t have a problem yet in the anime and I received PMs.

Hotsuma
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
I think there&#39;s more to the 3rd&#39;s seal, than just making Oro a gimp. He&#39;s regarded as the most powerful and intellectual Hokage in Konoha. I think he put into consideration, that Oro can switch bodies at a whim. Besides, a Soul-sucking seal should be a lot better than just paralyzing a guys arms.

Insomniac
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
the 3rd didnt know the details of the kinjutsu, just that it was forbidden and required human life.
Oro said that even if Tsunade didnt heal his arms there was a way to get them back to normal (swapping bodies)

i dont know why people refuse to believe he can use his arms again, WE&#39;VE SEEN HIM USE THEM - GET OVER IT&#33;

Mut
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeathscytheVII @ Feb 23 2004, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 1. Even if the seal sticks to the old body why is Kimimaro still able to use his hands?

2. What happened to the third&#39;s seal?

3. did it simply vanish into thin air, and how was oro able to do the body switch jutsu without his arms? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i edited your post in the quote so it&#39;s easier for me to refer to.

1. kimimaro wasn&#39;t the one who had his body swapped. it was someone else.

2. ? be more specific/descriptive.

3. perhaps kabuto helped him with the jutsu. from what we&#39;ve been shown, there are two ways to heal orochimaru&#39;s arms. one way is by tsunade and the other is by body swapping. but we don&#39;t know too much about it though.

Insomniac
Wed, 02-25-2004, 02:44 AM
Kimimaro got sick - he wasnt boched, Orochimaru didnt try to go into his body at all. - he wanted to but he didnt

The &#39;girl&#39; is Orochimarus 2ND body swap - he says this vs the 3rd.

Orochimaru didnt want to have to swap bodies - it means he cant do it for another 3 years now, he wanted to swap into Sasuke more then anyone else so thats why he was so pissed about Tsunade not healing his arms.

The 3rd&#39;s seal was done to his knowledge to take away all his jutsu&#39;s (arm use meaning jutsu use) he didnt know about the other way to heal the arms - Orochimaru probably researched it afterwards.

as for his arms degrading over time, that wont happen due to the fact that he has 3 years before he can swap again. I doubt he&#39;ll have swapped if it just means he&#39;ll die a little slower and have no way out of it.
Orochimaru said to Tsunade that even if she didnt heal him there was another way, body swapping was obviously it.
end topic http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Evil Eyes
Wed, 02-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Grrr seems that the 3rd&#39;s life was wasted. Oh poor Saru-sama.

Tsunade is a medic ninja, how the hell can she heal a soul? We&#39;re talking about the souls of his arms, not just a medical injury. Guess whe IS that good after all.

Mut
Wed, 02-25-2004, 04:56 AM
i always thought that the face orochimaru showed to the 3rd during their fight was just a very girly looking boy. like haku.

Vagabond
Wed, 02-25-2004, 05:00 AM
Isn&#39;t it supposed to be oro&#39;s face when he was young?

itachi_
Wed, 02-25-2004, 05:28 AM
I think it was more like showing him that he have completed &quot;that&quot; spell... he could no mather what make a new face just draw off the old one..

Insomniac
Wed, 02-25-2004, 07:32 AM
its an anime/manga, have some imagination.
Obviously Kishimoto has a different idea of a soul then we do, even so as i mentioned before its an anime/manga - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IF THEY WANT IT TO.
geez get over it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

oni roh
Wed, 02-25-2004, 09:30 AM
i got the impression that he wasn&#39;t just sealing his arms further dissabling him from using jutsu&#39;s but sealing his SPIRIT in all from doing jutsu&#39;s. But i know thats not gonna happen which kinda pisses me off, all the 3rd really did was buy some time for konoha.

lasaire
Thu, 02-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Well, you remember how desperate he was to switch bodies...so much so that he had to switch a matter of hours before he wanted to, and these few hours (waiting on Sasuke) meant that he had to swap into a body and remain there for several years&#33;

He was clearly near death when he switched...there was blood splattered all over his shower.

I think that this must mean with a missing part of his soul, it puts the rest of him in danger. His health must have been declining greatly. I certainly don&#39;t think Sarutobi-sama&#39;s life was wasted, he did inavertantly force Orochimaru to switch into a body he didn&#39;t want and be stuck there for several years. In those several years alot has the possibility of happening, and it prevents him from getting the Sharingan right away, which is definately a good thing.

Insomniac
Thu, 02-26-2004, 03:50 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Isn&#39;t it supposed to be oro&#39;s face when he was young? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

no, you can see Oro when hes young in the intro of Naruto - he doesnt look like that.
also you see him several times in the manga when hes younger, its definately a girl.

Raven
Thu, 02-26-2004, 03:58 AM
I wonder who she was.... I wonder if she was powerful, she would have had to be for him to choose her.

Insomniac
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:21 AM
yeah i was about to say that, if the 3rd hadnt have at least delayed Orochimaru then Kohona would have been finished.
Even if it was just tempory it saved Kohona until they could find their new hokage and rebuild their forces.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 02-26-2004, 01:14 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Isn&#39;t it supposed to be oro&#39;s face when he was young?
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Doubt it, since even the third couldn&#39;t recognize him when he shed the skin off, and he should remember what his old pupils look like.

In any case i always thought the body he switched out of was Kimimaro.

Mut
Thu, 02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
clearly, it was obito.