PDA

View Full Version : first anime ever seen

ad4mz41
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
What was the first anime you saw that interested you to watch more like Naruto? My first was Dragon Ball Z. I use to watch it on cartoon network when I was little. My firt fansubbed series I've seen was Fushigi Yuugi. It was ok but I like Naruto better.

Kumiriko
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:12 AM
humm it was ether speed racer or astro boy but not sure. back in the days of thunder cats and brave star and transformers

Rock Lee
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Sadly the first one i can remember watching was when i was reallllyyy young, there was this show on tv called Unico. Something wierd about a unicorn. I found it again 10 years down the road and it was anime. If not that then the Dragon Quest tv series by Akira Toriyama. That shit owned.

ad4mz41
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Haha I remember Speed Racer it was so funny. Go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer, GOOOOOO!

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:34 AM
It was a lonely night at an Erol's Video (now gone from our area, don't know if any are left) when my dad picked up some anime for us to watch. I have no idea what they are, just vague images and concepts. Both were movies, both were in space.

One started with a guy as part of a mining group on an asteroid or something like that. They were basically slaves. His uncle (or some other relation) was also in the group. One of the slave drivers beat his uncle almost death. Right before dying, his uncle pointed him towards a rusted hilt (don't know where it came from). Later on in the anime, the guy found that he could form a sword of light from the hilt.

I don't remember much from the second one, but I know how it ended. There was a female robot and a man. Something about the ending had to do with a phoenix and rearranging the universe. The robot was changed into a real woman and the man was changed into a baby in her arms. The end.

These were 16 or 17 years ago on video, probably dubbed. If it sounds familiar to anyone, let me know.

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Dragon ball z, but i ended up appreciating gundam wing more.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't remember, but i think it was either Star Zinger or Cobra or something like that.

But that was a long time ago, what really made me pay attention to anime was Silver Fang when i was 8 years old.... But i really didn't start watch anime until later on when i was 16... So it's only like two years now that i've been really into anime.

nar'to
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:12 AM
the first dubbed animes i recall watching was grendizer/ guy king/ spaceketeers/ battle of the planets/ dangarde ace
the first subbed animes i watched was probably cutey honey/golden boy

the first dubbed that i feel was any good was dragonballZ
the first subbed that i feel was any good was naruto

tensai
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
first ive watched was Dragonball
dont remember who did the subbing but i know i remember some of it before cartoon redid it.
the first fansub ive watched was just last year, Initial D.

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
First Dubbed: Robotech (Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross to be specific)
First Subbed: DBZ
First Raw: DBZ

kimunist
Mon, 02-23-2004, 12:09 PM
first anime i think i ever saw was like...DBZ or Pokemon when i was little...

first subbed i ever saw was...Kenshin =D

then naruto.

Everon
Mon, 02-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Was Transformers an anime?
If not,
First Saw:Dragonball Z (about 2 years ago, watched briefly)
First Dub:Ghost in the Shell (my brother got it out of recommendation)
First Sub:Ghost in the Shell SAC (somehow found it on web)

Someonemanr
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:18 AM
the First anime I watched was Akira, I remember the scene where the biker gang rips off that girls shirt kinda freaked me out, that shit is indecent for an 8 year old... I think that's how old I was maybe I was 9 or 10. I didn't watch the whole thing though, at least not that I remember, so I didn't see the crazy gigantic flesh monster. DBZ was probably the first series I watched, either that or Ronin warriors, which in retrospect, probably wasn't that great of an anime, seemed cool at the time though.

Power PMV
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:12 AM
Samurai Pizza Cats or Candy Candy, dun remember which one I watched first. My sister used to watch Candy Candy all the time so I just watched it with her, I think I was 4 or 5 years old.

Nautek
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Yeah if Transformers was an anime else dragon ball.

Destiny
Tue, 02-24-2004, 04:00 AM
My first anime was Saint Seiya... still my favourite.

itachi_
Tue, 02-24-2004, 04:03 AM
The first one I saw was SilverFang aka Nagereboshi-Gin in the 80's. that's still on my top 10 list...

The Kyubi Naruto
Tue, 02-24-2004, 04:45 AM
I think the firtst time I saw anime was when I was spending my holiday in Spain. I watced constantly the TV there and all of it was in spanish http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif .
There were two series I watched the most. One was Dragon Ball and the other I don't know. I remember that there was some kind of Frankenstein monster or something like that.

But the first anime I saw in my home country was probably Pokemon or Akira. The first subbed was !!!NARUTO!!! http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-24-2004, 05:07 AM
Th first anime i saw on tv was Sailor Moon a long time ago but i just saw one or two episodes cause it sucked. I thought all anime was bad as Sailor Moon until i saw Kenshin in 2003.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 02-24-2004, 07:33 AM
first anime i ver saw was ronin warriors, that show was the shit and it owned, then it would have to be gundam wing and the firsts subbed was naruto

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:42 AM
First time I saw an anime, I didn't know, I thought it was just a regular cartoon but dragonball and some other anime about a family with robotic abilities but I only seen it twice and wasn't involved into the story.

First anime I seen was Akira on Scifi channel, at night time I watched it. Freaked me out but it was cool. Then watched some other anime when Sci fi channel used to show anime on saturdays at 10am. First fan sub anime? Cowboy Bebop, two anime shows made me cry.

Cowboy Bebop in one scene when this guy got shot after trying to get this plant to his sister and in One Piece when Fuina died.

Kumiriko
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:48 AM
if you are thinking a robotic family with a giant robot ape it wasnt anime. it was called bionic 6 i belive. had this cool van that was a lab as well*googles bionic 6 and will update this post if anything found*

Gryphon
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:51 AM
not to sure if these are animes , but i think it was either speed racer, voltron, robotech, or transformers

as for movie, it was either fist of the north star or vampire hunter d

Kumiriko
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:54 AM
yep. not so sure about Trasformers even thought it started in japan

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kumiriko @ Feb 24 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if you are thinking a robotic family with a giant robot ape it wasnt anime. it was called bionic 6 i belive. had this cool van that was a lab as well*googles bionic 6 and will update this post if anything found* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Dude&#33; I remember that show. Childhood memories slowly returning...

joker-kun
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:31 AM
First that I remember was Pokemon, then DBZ, but I was told that when I was younger I watched Samurai Pizza Cats, so I guess that&#39;d be first.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I didn&#39;t know what my first anime was until recently. I always thought it was Robotech, Speedracer, or Voltron, but it turns out that these were:

I included a site with info on them, plus a link to the .wav opening themes. I think you will agree that they are cool. Just wait a few seconds for the wav files to come up. The guy has them as background music, so people don&#39;t take them, but they do play. I wish I could buy both of these on DVD.

1986~ish - Mysterious Cities of Gold (Japanese-French Co-Production)
http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/mcog/main.html ('http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/mcog/main.html')
Opening Theme: http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/citygold.html ('http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/citygold.html')

1988 - Grimms Classic Fairytales on Nickelodeon (originally aired in Japan by Studio Nippon)
http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/grimms/main.html ('http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/grimms/main.html')
Opening Theme: http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/grimm.html ('http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/grimm.html')

Later on I caught Speedracer in syndication, as well as Voltron and Robotech on Cartoon Network. Those were pretty much my first anime.

revel911
Tue, 02-24-2004, 12:08 PM
I have been a Voltron lover since around &#39;85. I used have all the toys and when I saw them on ebay sometime last year I had to rebuy them just because.

Kite
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:47 PM
The first dubbed was Dragonball.
The first fansub was Dragonball Z.
I saw them about 12 yeas ago.

Oh, and Poiple Weezard, I think the first anime you mentioned was Tenchi Muyo&#33;

Parappa
Wed, 02-25-2004, 07:08 AM
Silver Fang for me. Got to love talking dogs. And bears are cool... yea.

itachi_
Wed, 02-25-2004, 07:24 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Parappa @ Feb 25 2004, 06:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Silver Fang for me. Got to love talking dogs. And bears are cool... yea. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Me too, but Silverfang was the scandinavian title, are you from sweden, norway, denmark, finland?? i like the soundtracks from it..

kmike
Wed, 02-25-2004, 10:20 AM
my first was Samurai Pizza Cats(didnt knew it was anime then)
i grew up on anime all my life without even knowing it
i dont remember all theyr names
here what i can remember :
Samurai Pizza Cats
macron 1
transformers(co-prod&#39;-japanis and american )
some show called -the heart its about this kid called marco that looks for his mother all over italy
and another one idont remember the name too is about aboy with his giant dog
and another of time travles in a car that looks like bugs .......................
thers so meny i cant remember there names
(faded memories from anime)

i started geting into anime when i saw &quot;robotech&quot; for the fist time
then DBZ and pokemon and akira, ghost in the shell red hawk ext&#39;..........
then i got on line and found naruto -the best ther is&#33;

Parappa
Wed, 02-25-2004, 10:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Feb 25 2004, 01:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Parappa &#064; Feb 25 2004, 06:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Silver Fang for me. Got to love talking dogs. And bears are cool... yea. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Me too, but Silverfang was the scandinavian title, are you from sweden, norway, denmark, finland?? i like the soundtracks from it..</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m from Finland. Yea, the music was great and I loved the endfight.

Slade xTekno
Wed, 02-25-2004, 11:03 AM
My first dubbed were Ranma 1/2, Dr. Slump, and Dragonball. This was about 12 years ago and were all dubbed in Korean. I don&#39;t remember which one was first, because I was renting them at the same time.
The first fansub I saw was Love Hina.
Ooo, anime movie... the orginal Vampire Hunter D [I saw Bloodlust right after that].

rogue_noir
Wed, 02-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Noir

MercuryKnight
Sun, 02-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Star Blazers(Dubbed), on in Canada in the late 1970&#39;s also a couple of other shows, but don&#39;t remember the names.

hiddenpookie
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:34 AM
dubbed:speed racer it was made by an american guy so dont kno if u consider it anime
subbed:inuyasha
manga:gto. felt like threwing that in

Mut
Sun, 02-29-2004, 12:12 PM
i think it was gundam. not sure.

but the one that really got me hooked for eternity was cowboy bebop. it also got me hooked on jazz and blues. it's my favorite.

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 03-01-2004, 02:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiddenpookie @ Feb 29 2004, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dubbed:speed racer it was made by an american guy so dont kno if u consider it anim </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Speed Racer (Mach Go Go) was made by Tatsunoko in 1967 it was one of the first anime along with Astro Boy (Tetsuwan Atom), Starblazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Voltron (Go Lion), and Battle of the Planets/G-Force/Eagle Riders (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman) to make it to the U.S.

chb
Mon, 03-01-2004, 01:30 PM
When I was little, I watched samurai pizza cats, speed racer, transformers.

After that, some poorly made vhs fansubs of ranma 1/2 my cousin had.

Mostly movies followed after that, most significantly akira.

Then more ranma 1/2, once it began being released domestically.

All down-hill after that. Iit was not too long after ranma 1/2 started being released that I could hold a job (13 or so) and spent way too much money on anime.

Benefit of being a broke college student now: never feel guilty about frivilous purchases, because, ya know, a guy&#39;s gotta eat.

chaos4ever4
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:28 PM
very first: astro boy
then transformers

consciously first: Serial Experiments Lain/Full Metal Panic

the first towards my addiction: Last Exile

Egan1
Mon, 03-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Don't really know as far as 'first anime I ever saw' however the first subbed anime, and series that sparked my obsession, was Fruits Basket.

It has been licensed since, and I just discovered the 1st DVD is about to be released here...but alas...it appears to be dubbed only *sobs*.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-15-2004, 09:18 PM
If Transformers counts, then I saw that first...

If not, then the Guyver...I saw the live action movie and kinda liked it (I was pretty damn young!) heard my friends rave about this thing I had never heard of called 'manga' (meaning anime as in 'manga video' as opposed to manga as in comics), so I left a tape taping it overnight on the Sci Fi channel, I remember the level of sexual content and finding it a little disturbing. Basically these two kids (teenage boy and girl) were walking through some forest and some freaky monster came and basically ripped all the girls clothes off and kidnapped her etc...I found the whole show kinda confusing and though the eccentricity of the show intrigued me at the time (in the same way people will stare at a car crash), I didn't particularly enjoy it. I later saw some very strange anime films which involved some guy who turned into a demon when he had sex, and this really surreal thing where his cock grew so huge it wrapped around the house they were in or some stupid shit like that. It kinda put me off anime for most of my teenage years as I just considered it something weird and full of weird monster-human sex stuff and sexual violence...which just increased when I saw documentaries criticising anime with critics going on about how they were so full of sexual violence against women etc...now of course I know better, that anime is as diverse as anything else, but I only started really getting into anime at about 18 when I bought Ghost In The Shell on a whim when a mate told me he heard it was good...also I saw a review of it and it looked really cool...

Ero-Sennin
Mon, 03-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Well i would have to say the first anime i ever saw was the best ever. i have still been looking for it. have not found.i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. it was with these three airplanes each a different color. They were Red Blue and yellow. there was a white one but it did not trasnsform like the others. but they red blue and yellow planes transformed into huge robots and they would fight this one radical group that wanted to take over japan or somthing. It was a movie i think. strangly enough Gotchaman reminds me of that show so much. but If anyone knows the name of the anime please tell me i have been searching for it ever since the video store down the street had changed ownership.

Tachikoma
Tue, 03-16-2004, 09:38 AM
The first anime I ever saw was about 10 seconds of Akira on some kid's programme (Newsround, I think) back in 1988/89, and they were going on about how revolutionary it was (especially the light trails on the bikes).

The first that I conciously watched was Mysterious Cities of Gold. At the time it rocked, but having found an episode or two for download, I now remember just how bad the English dubbing was. Same goes for Dogantien - great programme, but poor dubbing.

r3n
Tue, 03-16-2004, 01:58 PM
probably DBZ back when i still lived in HK

32bitJesus
Thu, 03-18-2004, 12:50 AM
The first? Sailor Moon (Yay YTV in Canada)... the first SUBBED--&gt; Love Hina ;-)

Himura_san
Sat, 03-20-2004, 05:18 AM
First for me was Macross in the early 80s
I also saw sebastian and belle, I wish they subbed that one so I can watch them agian. i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

Jman
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:01 PM
samurai pizza cats

Eurasian
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
samurai pizza cats

you are so cool!!! they and their parlor!!! AND ROBOT!!!

jing
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Doraemon, DBZ, and then Slam Dunk, and then samurai pizza cats =P

PossiblE
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Tekkaman Blade, I remember watching it in grade 2. I had NO idea what the story was about, but I just loved the look of Tekkaman, I used to get up at 8am every Sunday just to watch it.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:21 PM
I remember waking up at like 5 in the morning with my brother to watch sailor moon and some other anime. "Fighting evil by moonlight!" hahaha, damn how do I still remember that. Well the pathetic thing is my brother still loves Sailor Moon, he watched all of the sub version and now he HATES the dub. But another show (don't know if it's considered anime) was the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. Now that was the shit.

hikaru004
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Speed Racer and Marine Boy. They were on the same channel back home every weekday.

Kuske
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:25 PM
The first anime i ever watch was sailor moon when i was 4 years old and i got obesses with anime after street fight 2 the animation movie

GLS
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:47 PM
The first I ever saw was a little series called Starblazers. And the movie "Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato" along with it.

TruthofMistake
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:55 PM
my first was speed racer and then sadly enough sailor moon

theblakeman
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:58 PM
My first was a movie called "Secret of the Seal" and various programs on Nickelodeon i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shi_No_Shikaku
Mon, 10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Salior moon and Rebot.... Yeah that was the good old days

Kumiriko
Mon, 10-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Ether astro boy or speed racer. and reboot is a canadian Show. and I so Miss Samuri Pizza Cats!

Shippou-sama
Tue, 10-12-2004, 01:24 AM
My first anime was Ronin Warriors. Yeah, that show ruled. I found it on early mornings, like two hours before school started. About 2 weeks later, I got all my friends hooked on it, so that we'd all get up super early and watch it, then talk about it on the bus to school (this was around 3rd grade). It was my favorite at the time, but it went off the air after awhile, and when I moved out to Nebraska, nobody had ever heard of it, and until Cartoon Network put it on a couple years ago, I never knew it was an anime.

The first show that pulled me to see more anime was Tenchi Muyo. At that point I'd seen DBZ and Gundam Wing, and I liked them both, but I really didn't care if I saw any other shows of that style. It wasn't until I realized that there was a completely different type of show in the same art style that I started looking for more.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-12-2004, 05:04 AM
I just remembered that my first anime was Capten Tsubusa in 92 when we lived in Yemen after flying from the old country aka Somalia. Football has always been my favorit sport so i was crazy in love with that anime,we called the capten maradona cause he looked like him,short,the same hair style.

Elite Hentai
Tue, 10-12-2004, 05:49 AM
first anime i ever saw was transformers i think, but when it could also be samurai pizza cats. I also saw fist of the northstar, street fighter the motion picture and the guyver when i was really young.

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Samurai Pizza Cats, then Dragonball (the original, the best), and Iria. At that point, it was all over, i was hooked.

animefreak
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
don't remember what my first anime was, but my first anime that i ever download online is Fruit Basket...after that i dl like crazy, now i can't live without anime.

Elessar
Wed, 10-13-2004, 08:50 PM
The first one I ever saw.... guess that was "Shounen Sarutobi Sasuke" around 1990. Was a german dub on television (still shown twice a year) titled "Der Zauberer und die Banditen". I think the english distribution title is "Magic Boy" or "The Adventures of Little Samurai". It's a movie from 1959, the first theatrical widescreen anime ever.
I had no idea what it was, but it truely is one of the greatest I have ever seen. If only the R2 DVD Import from japan wasn't that expensive....

The first anime I saw, aware of what it was, was "Hokuto no Ken - Fist of the North Star" followed by "Urotsukidoji -Legend of the Overfiend". Both english dub from Manga Ltd UK around 1994.

I can't figure out what my first subbed one was.

[Edit]
Correction, the first subbed one has to be that 2 VHS Akira special edition from Manga Ltd UK a friend of mine had. That was only subbed if I remember correctly.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:38 AM
My first subbed one was Kenshin by the way

basey44
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
teknoman was my first, me and all my mates used to watch it, then i totally forgot about anime until i saw dbz when it was first dubbed in '97. i think thats when funimation got it yea?

Mae
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:54 PM
The first anime I ever saw was Voltron, as a child. The first subbed was Tenchi Muyo that a roommate rented. I didn't think much of it at the time, although I liked the character of Ryoko.

What really got me hooked on anime was when someone burned the first two seasons of Kenshin and told me I HAD to watch it. They went through all that trouble, so I got through the first season and thought it was OK. I watched it half just to listen to Sanosuke's excellent ganster accent (still one of my all-time favorites). And then the second season... after Kenshin and Saitoh's fight followed by the departure scene with the fireflies that was pretty much it, and I started stopping by stores with giant pandas or fighting robot models in the windows... *sigh* I don't know whether to thank or curse the guy who gave me those CD's...

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 10-14-2004, 11:19 PM
First anime I saw was Unico when I was really young like early elementary school. (Though I didn't know it was anime at the time but really liked it) ^_^

WhiteShdw
Sat, 10-16-2004, 10:05 AM
First dubbed anime I remembered seeing was Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1567,okoqmg,kagaku_ninja_ta.html) aka Battle of the Planets. It was dubbed in Dutch i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I also remember seeing Maya The Honey Bee (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,963,cxnvpp,maya_the_honey_.html) and Nils Holgersson (http://www.wunschliste.de/links.pl?s=1310), although I'm not sure that last one was anime.

The first dubbed anime I ever saw was probably Akira. Saw it on BBC 2 late at night.

KitKat
Sat, 10-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I saw Ghost in the Shell and Akira a while ago, but I don't really count them because at the time I just considered them to be regular movies (back when I was young and uninformed). What I consider to be my first anime is Escaflowne, which my brother sent me on cd last spring. That was what got me addicted and here I am now, still addicted to anime. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ
Sat, 10-16-2004, 11:20 AM
my first anime was transformers back in the early 90's then sailor moon followed by pokemon, i didnt know it was anime tho. the first subbed anime i saw was probably love hina i think. took me quite a while to start watching subbed anime. i watched some dubs before that like dbz, ranma½ and gundam wing.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by: WhiteShdw
First dubbed anime I remembered seeing was Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1567,okoqmg,kagaku_ninja_ta.html) aka Battle of the Planets. It was dubbed in Dutch . I also remember seeing Maya The Honey Bee (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,963,cxnvpp,maya_the_honey_.html) and Nils Holgersson (http://www.wunschliste.de/links.pl?s=1310), although I'm not sure that last one was anime.

The first dubbed anime I ever saw was probably Akira. Saw it on BBC 2 late at night.

@_@ I didn't know Maya the bee was an anime...I watched that all the time when I was younger....interesting

miaka
Sun, 10-17-2004, 01:20 AM
hmm sailor moon is my first anime... i believe... ^_^ and then started watching other kewl animes

Teh Sounder
Sun, 10-17-2004, 02:19 AM
can't remeber what anime show got me started thanks to the people on this forum i'm watching like 12 shows right now. HHHHmmmmm...... does pokemon count lol

honestly can't remeber i guess i can say it was an event and not just one show, ANIME NORTH YAY! ^^

Deblas
Mon, 10-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I think my first was ronin warriors and then I started watching other animes like DBZ and gundam wing which is my favorite from the gundam saga. My second fav is gundam seed

Crows_Kill
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:36 PM
First anime I reember seeing was "kimba the white lion" -it actually ran a christian uhf station back in the 70's when I was a kid.
First one I really got in to was "G-force- Battle of the planets" aka space ninja team gatchaman. Still love that one in all its cheesey glory.
I first got in to the fansub scene when I accidently ran in to a cable tv show called "anime review" that was produced by ben dunn, who ran antarctic press (ninja highschool, warrior nun ariola...). He ran mostly unsubbed raws coppied right from japanese tv, with comercials and all. The commercials were the best part sometimes. Thats one thing I miss about modern fan subs, japanese commercials are fricken weird. Ever see the simpsons "mister sparkle" episode? That wasnt a parrody. They really are like that.
After I got hooked on the raws, I joined a fansub group called "fast- fans of animation in south texas"-mostly it was a vhs dubbing group where we would fan sub the episodes and copy them for each other (amigas rule!). Allot ot the raws came in via friends in the milatary in japan.
I still remember getting the original eps for tenchi muyo &amp; ushio to torra a decade before they were released over here.

deadlydreamx
Wed, 10-20-2004, 01:57 AM
the first anime i ever saw was either dragon ball or samurai pizza cats i dont remember cuz i was lil and i remember that they only came on really early in the morning ( between 7-9 lol ) then i saw berserk and i became an anime freak i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Reita
Thu, 10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
my first anime was Ranma½ a think

OH my God, how could i forget about Pokemon, Digimon and of course, my first anime ever: SAILORMOO ^_^.

Jiraiya, Transformers is not anime &gt;.&gt;

PSJ
Thu, 10-21-2004, 05:37 PM
dont lie bitch first anime you saw would have to be sailor moon or possibly pokemon!!!

JKD
Thu, 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Akira..wow i was blown away when I first saw it..I instantly wanted to watch more and more anime. Since the first time I watched Akira, I watched it 9 times in total

TwisT
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:17 PM
hmm well when i was little i watched Transformers, Thunder Cats, Cyborg 009 and stuff like that but then i did not know what anime was and just saw them as cartoons..

So i guess it was Gall Force: Eternal Story (or something like that) and DBZ got me into anime..

After that i have watched many anime-series before i came across Naruto..

First DBZ was my favorite but Naruto quickly became my favorite anime.. Right now its probably

1. Naruto
2. One Piece (even if its not as funny as FMPF it is a long runner and the lack of comedy it has on FMPF it makes up with action)
3. GS &amp; GSD (from the 2 episodes i have seen it seem to be just as good as GS and maybe better)
4. InuYasha
5. Berserk (well it may come some other anime before this but i dont remember anyone right now)