PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Sigs!

lasaire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Ok, I tried to put in the characters I most frequently see in sigs, vote for your fave. If you want something else, then post a reply, but otherwise vote on what's available. If we get enough votes for a character not in the list, then we'll do that too. But this is easiest.

KakashiSensei
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:53 AM
I vote for Neji, just because i have a great idea for a neji Sig. hehehe

Kiba'N'Akamaru
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:56 AM
I had to go with Rock Lee, I like the sigs that people do for him.

villin
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Considering the first round is supposed to be level playing field, Naruto should be used as the subject since there is an almost endless supply of his pics. I'd be happy to provide any specific screen caps anyone needs.

AlbinoFury
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:04 AM
neji!

Fox Fire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif screw neji and naruto I voted for Tsunade

AlbinoFury
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:10 AM
oh a couple things to remember on your voting guys, make sure you pick something with plenty of pics for us to choose a few suitable sig worthy pics of. Tsunade has very little colored material out there so if she won it would be difficult to come up with an image that everyone could make a sig out of. Also how long should we poll before we decide what the first round subject is, day or so?

Fox Fire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:12 AM
I have an answer to that: just color the manga.

KakashiSensei
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:13 AM
YEah I say a day. that sounds good, i'll get an Admin Like LCD to make the post sticky when we start the contest.

AlbinoFury
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox Fire @ Feb 23 2004, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I have an answer to that: just color the manga. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
remember for this round we dont get to choose our own source images, we have to provide a couple for the sig makers to choose from and that has to be their only character source material.

animeniac
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Lasaire i got some image links back in ur request thread and my friend is getting annoying....But no hurry...torture him http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

btw i voted for naruto of course

Vagabond
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:36 AM
hm how about someone that we never see in sigs. I dunno like iruka, hokage, or shino etc.

villin
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Maybe you should use the most powerful character in the whole Naruto series.
http://villin.mediahalo.com/image/fib0b8dc2c.upload/udon.jpg
The ownage that is Udon-sama. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Xollence
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Is anyone allowed to join the contest? By the way you can upload all the sigs for the contest here ('http://www.mediahalo.com'). And what would be the prize for the winner? Maybe a set of rules for the contest should be made.

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
CRAP&#33;&#33; i shoulda voted for tsunade to&#33;

AlbinoFury
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
weve talked lots about it in the sig request forum the structure of the tourney is there, as for a prize its all about the glory what other prize do you need. and yes anyone can make an entry once we choose a 1st round subject, keep posted after we choose the subject lasaire or i will make an official tourney thread with rules and all that jazz.

lasaire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Ok, here we go then:

Contest Rules:
1)First, anybody is welcome to enter, including mods. However, we do need one mod (I&#39;ll call him the overseer) who is not participating to pick images (that way the images picked aren&#39;t influenced by anybody&#39;s favorites, etc.)

2)The poll to decide the character will run until tomorrow (Tuesday)at 10:pm eastern. Once the character is decided, a mod who is NOT participating in the contest will choose 10 images of the character from which all sigs have to be created.

3)Once the images are chosen and posted, the contest shall run for one week. At the end of the week, the overseer shall post all the entries in a poll.

4) The poll will be to determine the winner: ie. by popular vote. The poll will run for 48 hrs, at which point the top half of the entries shall move on to Round Two and the process shall commence again until there is only one winner.

Any modifications?

animeniac
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Good set of rules, i like em. Btw Lasaure are u goin to make anymore sigs for people or atleast not until the contest is over?Cuz i posted some image links for my friends sasuke one in the request thread and i wud like to know if u were starting or sumthing please.
Thanks

lasaire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Animeniac, I am not going to make any sigs until this weekend. I have finals for school.

joker-kun
Mon, 02-23-2004, 12:24 PM
thats cool...but I suck :/

perhaps ill participate.

lasaire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Oooh, Neji is winning, yay&#33;

Joker, open to anybody means you too, come on you know you want to enter&#33;

Perhaps, to make the second and third rounds more stringent, artists may use downloadable brushes/actions/fonts but are required to post links to their sources at the beginning so as to eliminate anyone having access to more tools than anyone else. That way people can use the exact same tools. Or perhaps, posting the photoshop .psd file at the end along with the entry .jpg for voting would allow exactly how they came to the final version to be seen.

r3n
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:01 AM
when will the contest be open till, cos ill be at LAN this weekend so wont be able to do much then http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

also, what are the dimension limitations, and can it be gif format?

littlecooldude
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:08 AM
I will be your Overseer. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Toruxxx
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:11 AM
woot&#33; thx littlecooldude http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Thanks littlecooldude&#33;

R3n, the submission size limits are the same as the boards: 500x150 max pixel size, and 100k max file size. That way all sigs submitted can be used by people later on.

How does a week sound for the first round? I don&#39;t want it to be any more than that, because it&#39;ll drag on forever. Perhaps four days would be better? What works for everyone?

Toruxxx
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:20 AM
yea im up for a week or 4 days i dont really mind.

Power PMV
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:05 AM
I vote for Udon sama too. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Kagari
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:31 AM
four days....a week will make us ancy, guaranteed&#33; Or at least me&#33;

Xollence
Tue, 02-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Won&#39;t it get messy with all the submissions and all the input? Like there should be a way to be able to display all the works in one page. Maybe in order to input you have to PM it to one of the mods?

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 06:03 AM
cool thx LCD, you were a major help in the mod sig contest before, and after all you do host the nets largest collection of naruto pics, so good news indeed&#33;&#33;

JessiA
Tue, 02-24-2004, 06:13 AM
Yay&#33; LCD&#39;s the overseer http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif Cuz I wanna enter ¬_¬

A suggestion: For the later rounds, rather than having everyone posting what they used and where they got their stuff from if they downloaded it (That doesn&#39;t make it more stringent, that makes it a little more fair though), include limitors, like: Must be animated, Must be B&amp;W, Must use this font and this texture, Must use transparencies, Must use an image you drew yourself (image doesnt have to be good), Must be of a no-name char from (insert lesser known anime here), oh, and maybe writing a tutorial with screencapped examples on how they made one.. I&#39;d suggest using images that they screencapped themselves, but that&#39;d be a little bad, since not everyone can screencap and some may &quot;borrow&quot; images from other sites, etc. etc.

I took part in a PSP Survivors knock-off in Delphi forums http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif So I&#39;ve got a few ideas.

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Those are good ideas&#33;
What does everyone else think?

Edit: Yeah, I definately think 4 days is best, and littecooldude is modding for us, so he will handle setting up the polls, and all entrants will PM their submissions to him, he will post them for voting after the entry deadline. Thanks LCD&#33;

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 07:22 AM
im 100 percent oppossed to having to draw my own images for my sigs. why? i learned photoshop to make up for my artistic failings, lol. I dont know for the final i still think it should be left pretty open creatively but i do belive a difficult subject should be chosen, one with little image catalog available, maybe say a naruto manga char that doesnt have much out there yet or some obscure character like udon, or that accountant ninja that was at the first part of the chuunin exam or some random ninja picked from the show.

littlecooldude
Tue, 02-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Will there be a limit on the number of submissions per person (per round)?

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 08:35 AM
yes their should be, only 1 per person, that way we arent flooded with sigs and each person has the one sig for that given round that they think best represents their work.

JessiA
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:32 AM
I agree. 1 entry per person per round.

And Albino, those were just suggestions http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif; I took what I had to do for the Survivors, and drawing our own tube (PSP slang) was one of them.

It&#39;s up to the co-ordinators of this contest to ultimately decide what the constraints are. :x

r3n
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 24 2004, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Considering the first round is supposed to be level playing field, Naruto should be used as the subject since there is an almost endless supply of his pics. I&#39;d be happy to provide any specific screen caps anyone needs. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i agree. naruto being the main character of the most popular anime in these forums, i think its most fair to make him the subject for the open first round. better to have him than a character which some people dont like, but some ppl do (ie. neji, who personally i dont like the look of). tbh every1 that watches naruto likes the main character, otherwise we would be annoyed with the series and wouldnt be as big fans that we are&#33;

altho i voted for oro cos hes so damn cool, i think the most level playing field would be to use naruto as the subject

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:21 AM
i like the style suggestions though jessi, a round of b&amp;w could be interesting. Another reason for the 1 entry per person is that the last big sig contest we had a few people made like 10 entries and it skewed the pool a bit, so one entry per person allows for everyone an equal chance at advancing.

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Uh oh, less than an hour left and we&#39;ve got a 3 way tie&#33; Kakashi and Neji aren&#39;t a big suprise, but I&#39;m startled at how many Tsunade fans there are&#33;

I think, just having the set selection of images to work from for the first round is stringent enough, with only one submission allowed per person per round.

I do think that making screencaps of your process as you go is a great idea&#33; Along with posting links to all the resources you used, including where you got your source images, as well, this will allow the process to be de-mystified a great deal, and also allow others to gain tips on new techniques to try&#33;

I do agree that being required to draw your own images puts some people at a disadvantage -- I could easily spend triple the time drawing one image to use that I do actually putting the sig together.

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
dam i hope theres not a tie thatll complicate things greatly

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Vote vote vote&#33; All you lurkers, cast your vote&#33;

wangeko
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
first vote and now my first reply. btw i voted for kakashi http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Looks like wangeko broke our tie for us, and now that it&#39;s 10 o&#39;clock, that means the voting is closed&#33;

The first round&#39;s character will be Hatake Kakashi, who came from behind to beat Neji-kun. They&#39;ll both make great sig subjects though, so I&#39;m not disappointed.

Littlecooldude, now it&#39;s up to you to pick between 5 and 10 images that we will use. You can also go ahead and close this thread. Once you&#39;ve picked out the images, the first round will run for four days.

Let&#39;s get this going&#33;

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:13 AM
ooh kakashi, good times&#33; cant wait to see the images chosen&#33;

Kagari
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:19 AM
I agree it should be a character from the naruto series, definately, but characterwise, I think regardless of who gets chosen, it will be alot of fun...each character has a different style/image/feel to them, and this will be reflected in the sigs. I can&#39;t wait&#33;

joker-kun
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:28 AM
I decided ill participate (even though Albino ,prolly more, will whoop me).

where the pics at?

itachi_
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Uchiha Itachi or Yondaime

lasaire
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, Neji&#39;s up in the lead, with Kakashi close behind him. Poll runs until 10 pm eastern tonight, a little under 12 hours, so get your votes in&#33;

We still need to figure out who gets to pick the images, so we can start the contest itself soon.

littlecooldude
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I am choosing the pictures. I will create a new thread and sticky it, once I&#39;ve done so.

joker-kun
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I think someone should be nice enough to give pre-cut images http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

itachi_
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Joker-chan, eh?

Go to #gotwoot on rizon and we could talk.