PDA

View Full Version : Group Questions

JTD121
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Hey all. I was wondering, does GotWoot belong to ANBU or AonE? And if this is ANBU's site (which it seems it does), does AonE have a site of their own? Or are they both intertwined into this one site? Just wondering, is all.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

joker-kun
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:33 AM
I dont think it belongs to either, but im pretty sure they have a tracker supplying Animeones anime. And anbudom has their own site, animeone im not sure but they have their own irc channel. So im almost positive GW is their own site, I believe it was made by Wilik, Ciber, and Seude.

JTD121
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Heh, I just realized that this is the GotWoot Network, meaning it doesn't belong to any one group in particular. I found out the other day about Anbudom.net, and for some reason forgot all about it.

And the track for AonE's anime I know of, as well as the IRC channel. I wanted to know if AonE had their own site, or if GW was their sort-of 'stepping stone' to their own site...*shrugs*

However, I haven't been able to connect to Mirc-X. Some are saying to go to jirc.mircx.com, but I don't really know how to do that, so I'll probably use FireFox's IRC Client for a bit.

EDIT: I can't even connect to jirc.mircx.com....I'll just stay away from mIRC for a while then.

PSJ
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:50 AM
gotwoot is hosting Aone subs i guess since all the subs are done by aone or aone and another group.

Munsu
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JTD121 @ Feb 22 2004, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Heh, I just realized that this is the GotWoot Network, meaning it doesn&#39;t belong to any one group in particular. I found out the other day about Anbudom.net, and for some reason forgot all about it.

And the track for AonE&#39;s anime I know of, as well as the IRC channel. I wanted to know if AonE had their own site, or if GW was their sort-of &#39;stepping stone&#39; to their own site...*shrugs*

However, I haven&#39;t been able to connect to Mirc-X. Some are saying to go to jirc.mircx.com, but I don&#39;t really know how to do that, so I&#39;ll probably use FireFox&#39;s IRC Client for a bit.

EDIT: I can&#39;t even connect to jirc.mircx.com....I&#39;ll just stay away from mIRC for a while then. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
go to aniverse they have a temp channel there

JTD121
Sun, 02-22-2004, 07:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo &#064; Feb 22 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
go to aniverse they have a temp channel there </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Well, now it&#39;s not a temp channel. Looks like Aniverse is the new home to quite a few of the fansub groups and many release groups.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 02-22-2004, 07:41 AM
GW covers the distro side of things for Anbu-Aone,correct me if I&#39;m wrong.

complich8
Thu, 02-26-2004, 05:01 AM
gotwoot is an entity created by ciber and run mostly by wilik and suede ... its primary stated purpose is distro for aone, so it hosts the main bt tracker and serves some other useful functions.

gotwoot is not aone, but is affiliated with us, &#39;cause ciber&#39;s cool like that. In the past we&#39;ve helped out anbu by tracking stuff of theirs, but now they&#39;ve got their own system set up and so they don&#39;t really need it for that anymore.

gotwoot also represents a visible and fairly large community nowadays, which you are a part of. It&#39;s kind of a subset of the &quot;bittorrenting anime fans&quot; community ...

it&#39;s all here only because ciber wanted it though ...

so next time you see Ciber wandering around in a daze, make sure to say thanks for gotwoot and for letting you get your anime.
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif