PDA

View Full Version : Voice commands?

Haku no Fuyu
Sat, 02-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Why say the name of the jutsu you are about to use? In that time, can't your opponent devise an effective stratagy to use against you if you announce your attack? Dicuss.

Daigain
Sat, 02-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Well if you dident notice most of the times the characters just think the moves to them self.. its just for the viewers(us) so we know when we can see and remeber our favorite jutsus.

jing
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:23 AM
to me it sounds more exciting when they say it =P

Kumiriko
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:26 AM
one thing. this is standerd in all Fighting animes. there are vary few in witch the strongest attcks dont involve yelling out the name From RK to transformers. it is done souly for the audince.

Chi Chi
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:40 AM
Most of the ninjas can recognize the techniques by the hand seal combinations so it doesn't matter if they yell it or not.

Destroyor
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:04 AM
If you learn any material art you'll be force to "key up" (is that even how you spell it?) when you do a punch or kick. "Key up" is suppose to force you to breath out when you attack and thus regulate your body with your breathing effectively;I'm guess the jutsu naming thing is something similar .... or it's just for your viewing pleasure.

Seriously, it doesn't really matter, don't think too deep or your brain will fry. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Kiae. I think. My family used to own a Shotokan Dojo a few years back, so yeah, I know what you mean. It's a short yell after a technique that supposed to assist breathing and scare your opponent.

PSJ
Sun, 02-22-2004, 08:35 AM
yea but those yells are like KYA!!! and HAARREEE!! and stuff like that right? they didnt yell the name of the tecnique right? i still say its for our viewing pleasure.

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 02-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to think the same thing.

PSJ
Sun, 02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
its for our viewing pleasure nothign else.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Sun, 02-22-2004, 11:53 AM
yep, besides the anime would be so quiet if nobody said anything during the fights.

its anime.

Jman
Sun, 02-22-2004, 01:16 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haku no Fuyu @ Feb 21 2004, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why say the name of the jutsu you are about to use? In that time, can&#39;t your opponent devise an effective stratagy to use against you if you announce your attack? Dicuss. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Maybe but then again in an action filled episode, i would at least like to hear some speech instead of just seeing two nins fight it out silently.
and the voice commands are kinda cool at times....final flash....&lt;--ok bad example there but you should understand what i&#39;m getting at.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-23-2004, 02:28 AM
the breathing theory can only apply to the kamehameha wave &#39;jutsu&#39;, it&#39;s helpful when you shout stuff like &quot;HA&#33;, KA&#33;&#39; AA&#33; ki&#33;&quot; to force more air out, but saying something like: &#39;Oniwabanshi shiki Kodachi nitoryu ougie&#33;&quot; (Aoshi&#39;s ougie) won&#39;t help your breathing, same goes with &quot;kagebunshin no jutsu&quot; and &quot;double twisted spin of the wolf fang techinique&#33;&quot;.

in naruto&#39;s case, it&#39;s only to help the viewers...

Mgslee
Mon, 02-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Somebody has to do it..

&quot;SHORYUKEN&#33;&#33;&quot; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Power PMV
Mon, 02-23-2004, 04:09 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haku no Fuyu @ Feb 21 2004, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why say the name of the jutsu you are about to use? In that time, can&#39;t your opponent devise an effective stratagy to use against you if you announce your attack? Dicuss. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well, I guess if people would start doing that regularly then a smart ninja would start yelling a different jutsu than the one he is gonna perform to screw the opponent.

For example, you go and yell

1000 years of pain and when they guy prepares his defense behind his ass you simply throw a shuriken at his face. OWNED.

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 02-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Ow. Remind me to NEVER fight you...

Power PMV
Mon, 02-23-2004, 07:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haku no Fuyu @ Feb 23 2004, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ow. Remind me to NEVER fight you... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
LOL, I learned all my techniques from my almighty master Udon. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Mon, 02-23-2004, 07:43 AM
heh, I think it&#39;s for the same reason that Kenshin yells his attacks.&#39;Cause it&#39;s a samurai-y thing to do, announce your attack partially as a matter of pride for you school, because no two ninjas or samurais are alike, and peope create their own jutsus and swors styles. It&#39;s like giving credit to the creator, or if you yourself created it, it&#39;s pride. - My friend Himeko&#39;s opnion. Beats the crap out of mine....

komaru
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:24 AM
This is from animenation in the &quot;Ask John&quot; archives...I like his theory:

&quot;I may be totally off base with this theory, but I&#39;m going to guess that this may also be rooted in Japanese martial arts tradition. Part of samurai heritage and honor was to announce one&#39;s personal name and sword technique or school of training before a duel. Examples of this are seen in both the Lone Wolf &amp; Cub manga and in numerous classic Japanese samurai films. The point of this was to spread the fame of one&#39;s name and swordplay style, give a fair and honorable advantage to one&#39;s opponent, and show respect to an opponent. In modern anime, it&#39;s probably safe to assume that the shouting of an attack name serves a dual (no pun intended) purpose. First of all, an accompanying shout or exclamation makes a dramatic scene or attack more startling and exciting, at least in theory. Furthermore, shouting an attack name and alerting one&#39;s enemy may be considered an evolution of the samurai&#39;s honorable gesture in combat. It&#39;s possible that the presentation of the technique name in writing, especially when it fills the screen, may be a throwback and homage to the traditional samurai battle flags and the traditional Japanese elevation of calligraphy and writing to the level of martial art.&quot;

hiddenpookie
Sat, 02-28-2004, 11:53 AM
pyon&#33;