PDA

View Full Version : Episode 71 Discussion.

XwingRob
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simplyxme &#064; Feb 21 2004, 12:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
i&#39;m still wondering about where neiji, hinata, and all those other characters have been up too. I guess the next episode might fill us in? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hmm lets see.

Neji-probaly is still recovering from the Naruto fight. Most likely when the attack began, he was whisked away by Hyuuga family to a safe location.
Hinata-still recovering from the heart wound, and probaly is still asleep from Kabuto&#39;s spell
Kiba- still asleep from that spell
Ino- still asleep from that speel
Choji- still asleep from that spell
Rock Lee- awake and fighting...nah still asleep from that spell
Gai- fighting and protecting the sleeping people
Kakashi- same as Gai.

Edit: I thought episode 30 was done by Neo studios, not Nara. Nara Studios are actually very good at doing drawings(they did the last episode), I think Nara did the background in this episode, and Gainax did the character drawings and fighting cheography(like I said I don&#39;t think the drawings were bad, I think they were intentional)

Toruxxx
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin &#064; Feb 21 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
one thing i dont get......when the monkey grabs oro and breaks his neck, he turned to mud......but it WASN&#39;T kawarimi&#33;&#33; he just turned to mud and then like, remade himself. WTF kind of jutsu is that?? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that was kawami(sp?) something like that. most ninja&#39;s know it aint that special

Edit: he remade himself i didnt see that lol must watch again now to see lol

Edit: hmmm looks like he did remake himself but its probably just another type of kawarimi like the demon brothers when they were a puddle when team 7 walked past.

IamSpazzy
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Few questions that have been bugging me:

Is Oochimaru now essentially immortal?
Are forbidden jitsu&#39;s forbidden because they are dangerous to the user? or violate some sort of moral taboo in the Naruto world?
Do we have an inkling of what Oochimaru&#39;s purpose is besides acting creepy and stealing little boys?
Sakura was able to increase her speed in her fight with Ino, using chakra focusing power, is one able to move as fast as rock lee? or did Sasuke have to open up gates like lee in order to get his speed.
What ever happened to Anko? She&#39;s a special jounin correct?

The_Fourth
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:18 AM
It was a preety good episode and I agree that the Hokages werent fighting at there full strenght, although I didnt liked the animation that much. I cant wait for the next episode. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Outtawack311
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:20 AM
I thought that was weird at the end. Any guesses on the forbidden jutsu he completed? I am betting its some type of snake skin thing where he sheds his old self and is &quot;reborn&quot; so he wont get old and feeble. It would make sense due to what they were talking about right before he did it.

kakashi-hatake
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:23 AM
The 3rd Hokage really kicked some major ass&#33; I iwished they had more fight scenes like these. Oro-chan really really looked freaky... yikes. Why choose a she-man form?? Lol...

SasukesGirL
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Feb 20 2004, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> and whats up with that sword.....the giant monkey said that even though he was as hard as a diamond, that sword could still hurt him.....does it have some special powers that we&#39;re gonna find out about?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
it has to do with japanese folklore about some heroic samurai guy pulling out the sword out of a snake ... thats all i remember its very vague to me

ky0zero
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Was pretty cool, the action was great&#33; Saw a lot of kung fu fighting resemblence especially when hokage was using Enma....odd for a ninja show..but oh well was cool anyways&#33;

ArazioN
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nar&#39;to @ Feb 21 2004, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> loved the action&#33;&#33;&#33; it was absolutely terrific&#33;&#33;&#33;

in regards to the animation, i felt it was superb&#33;&#33;&#33;
it may not be what u are all familar from nara animations but it looks the same as the episode where sasuke and orochimaru first faced off in the forest of death for the 2nd chunnin examination (i think its the same animation as in the intro as well). i think thesy use this particular style on fast-paced action sequences. i was very pleased.

and i do agree that orchimauru did look freaky. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hehe what he said ^^

Assertn
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:37 AM
anyone else wonder about the line sarutobi said near the end of the episode: &quot;I&#39;ll have to use the Fourth&#39;s technique&quot;?

SeifeR
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:43 AM
i dont understand wtf happened to oro at the end, id like to know cause i thought oro was a guy since he hit up anko at least, proved me wrong though that was just freakish.

dydy
Sat, 02-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Well i ENJOYED the episode 71 a lot more than episode 70 (lots of frickin tree jumping&#33;&#33;). Actually on episode 70 i got pretty bored and started to think that NARUTO=DRAGON BALL Z (with all the delay in fight, etc...). http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

BUT episode 71 overall are really good, sure the graphic aren&#39;t that nice... but hey it&#39;s a good FIGHT scene episodes&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IIRyCeDoWtCivIcII @ Feb 21 2004, 05:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Quote removed because of spoiler... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Wait a minute, you all are attacking Itachi_ because HE used a tag, when another person in this thread(who I&#39;m quoting) spoiled and hasn&#39;t even used a tag&#33; Riiighhtt.. I think you guys need to rethink this for a moment. -_-

In any case, nice episode. The quality of the drawings weren&#39;t great, but the animation was very nice. Overall, a sweet episode. Can&#39;t wait until 72&#33; ^_^

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:02 AM
the forth technique is a *****<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>Sealing technique, he will eventually seal orochimaru&#39;s arms so he can&#39;t use them anymore, oro will have to get a new body</span>****

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Feb 21 2004, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> anyone else wonder about the line sarutobi said near the end of the episode: &quot;I&#39;ll have to use the Fourth&#39;s technique&quot;? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Maybe the same technique he used to seal the demon fox? Hmmm... that wouldn&#39;t make sense n/m. But that&#39;s the only technique we know of that the 4th has.

Assertn
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:42 AM
well, that and we know the fourth can summon gama bunta http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif
dunno how that would help sarutobi moreso than enma......although the leader of konoha + the monkey king + the frog boss would make an interesting team.....
then the 2 summons can fight the other 2 summons, leaving oro and sarutobi to fight&#33;
well....its possible http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Just wondering, lets say Hokage did summon him, and then if Naruto tried summoning him too, would there be two or would another frog appear?

Mut
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:08 AM
the 3rd can&#39;t summon gamabunta.

XwingRob
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:11 AM
Correct, his name was not on the contract.

tensai
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:21 AM
this episode was great.
animation was ok but im not complaining.
i guess hokages big head was made to make him look more like a monkey, especially that one part where he climbs up his earth wall.
Emna was pretty cool, dont know if that was from a japanese tale or chinese tale because ive seen stories about the monkey king and the daimond rod.

im not a manga reader so the next few theories of mine are just guesses:
was orochimaru&#39;s technique some kind of soul switch thingy and if thats right maybe thats why hes after sasuke.
i remember on the episode where kakashi was doing the evil-sealing method on sasukes curse seal, orochimaru said that sasuke was one of his most important pieces and he wanted the sharingan.
just my opiniion

this episode was hella nice
cant wait for the next

DrunkPotHead
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:25 AM
i was really really drunk last night when i saw it at a friends house...

but from what i can remember, after seeing the new animation i might actually stop watching naruto

it just killed it for me

absoultely horrible

Rakugosha
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:28 AM
I also loved the episode, and I&#39;m wondering what the 4ths technique is. I noticed no one has commented on how freaking fast the episode came out. True it doesn&#39;t have too much dialog but still...awesome work A&amp;A&#33;

Toruxxx
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:34 AM
wooooo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i think u had alil to much to drink lol it wernt that bad that i would wanna stop watching it. watch it again not drunk lol, it aint that bad just some lil things but i wouldnt stop watching Naruto just coz of it.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:35 AM
one of the best eps so far, well i mean action wise, i mean the 3rd was owning there asses till they both got him at the same time but man enma ies freaking kewl i mean that henge stance he took look so freakin kewl man like he was a monk or soemthing and wtf is up with oro hes scary man i mean his adult form was scary enough but now its just freaky as hell and as for sasuke and the three sand nins mean temari, kankuro, and gaara i dont know bc if gaara loses control thast sasuke ass

XwingRob
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkPotHead @ Feb 21 2004, 03:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i was really really drunk last night when i saw it at a friends house...

but from what i can remember, after seeing the new animation i might actually stop watching naruto

it just killed it for me

absoultely horrible </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you need to watch it again...

Naruto
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Feb 21 2004, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrunkPotHead &#064; Feb 21 2004, 03:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i was really really drunk last night when i saw it at a friends house...

it just killed it for me

absoultely horrible </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you need to watch it again... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yes i also think so http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
i liked the animation and everything
that episode was great

ps: dont drink too much it will ruin ur life

DrunkPotHead
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:51 AM
does any1 know if the grpahics will be back to normal after several episodes or is this permanent?

btw, im thinkin of just reading the manga instead of watching it...

Icingdeath
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Episode 71 was pretty good, and the animation was not that bad...

One thing bothered me though. If the monkey king, Enma, was so strong that he could beat up the first and the second (When they tried to stop him from transforming, remeber?) and almost snap Orochimarus neck, that was prevented by Kawarimi, why did the Third want him to transform into the Kongou Nyoi?

I mean, sure, the diamond staff was really strong, but woudn`t Enma be more valuable as himself in that situation, keeping the two hokages occupied or something?

Slain
Sat, 02-21-2004, 04:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Feb 21 2004, 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well it was a good episode but the drawings made me sick frankly. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i think so too,... the fight was cool
but the drawing was really bad ;/

@dydy if there were only fights in naruto it would be a bad anime because there won`t be a story then .... so they have to talk a little bit that u know whats going on http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

loser_nin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 05:19 AM
This was a preeetttyyy good eppie. Yes, I agree with most people in saying that the animation did look rather odd in some places and that Oro&#39; looked like a he/she, but overall, it was nice. The action was good and the bits of suspense they put in (the technique that Saru is going to borrow from the Fourth) was alright as well. I really don&#39;t have any strong complaints about this eppie http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif.

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 02-21-2004, 05:34 AM
my though on the fourth&#39;s jutsu is that since every hokage has his own element.
first - nature
second - water
third - earth/fire
fourth - ?? i think the fourth&#39;s skill has something to do with wind/air..... or it could be sexy no jutsu ^-^

Mut
Sat, 02-21-2004, 05:57 AM
the 4th was absolutely crazy. let&#39;s just leave it at that.

loser_nin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Hmm...I don&#39;t know Nara. If that were true, everyone able to do major Flame element attacks (eg. Everyone in the Flame Country) can become Hokage. And it would also mean that Naruto probably wouldn&#39;t be able to become one since he doesn&#39;t seem to have any elemental abilities.

Power PMV
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Icingdeath &#064; Feb 21 2004, 03:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Episode 71 was pretty good, and the animation was not that bad...

One thing bothered me though. If the monkey king, Enma, was so strong that he could beat up the first and the second (When they tried to stop him from transforming, remeber?) and almost snap Orochimarus neck, that was prevented by Kawarimi, why did the Third want him to transform into the Kongou Nyoi?

I mean, sure, the diamond staff was really strong, but woudn`t Enma be more valuable as himself in that situation, keeping the two hokages occupied or something? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think he just wanted to kill Orochimaru quickly cuz that may dispel the jutsu that keeps the Hokages alive. So he told him to turn into the diamond hard rod. But since Oro had the sword, it didn&#39;t quite work.

Btw, the body Oro stole was a girl&#39;s body, right?
I mean it looks totally female and the voice was pretty high-pitched too. Don&#39;t tell it&#39;s some other haku-ish thing.

Krbadass
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:20 AM
Well after reading some posts on the first page.. im in shock.. how can you think the drawings weren&#39;t bad, it made oro look fat, then skinny... removed his cheek bones you can usually see then put them back... it CANNOT have been intentional. and if it was, i really hope that artist gets fired. I could have drawn those characters better.

TheAwesomeChow
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:22 AM
I&#39;m impressed with the animation of the fight. except that part where orochimaru lifts his leg up and holds it, much like strong kicking characters do in chinese movies. His leg looked hilariously disproportionally short. But the way it ended really makes me anxious about the upcoming episodes. Sasuke, hokage, naruto, sakura, kankuro, temari, and gaara should make for an interesting future.

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:25 AM
They won&#39;t accept the fact that the drawing actually sucked&#33;
How can you possible say that this episode was good, i agree with the things that krbadass said the cheek bones was gone, now he looked like 20.. in one moment he can be fat and the other moment skinny, then hokage 3rd look&#39;s like a retarded when he walks to hokage 1st and 2nd in the beginning, and thrue out the episode he looks like a chibby, with big ape head.

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Man, the art-work really sucked&#33; sarutobi looked like the son of enma... orochimaru had strange face-drawings, he dosen&#39;t look the same in 69-70 etc, in this ep he was fat and was like smooth-drawn... I really enjoyed when enma strangled him, it was bad it was just a fake... But episode 72 looks great from the preview, flashbacks when they were young and good art-work, I have high expetations of that episode...Orochimaru is a coward that just give orders and stand there laughing he hardly ever fight... pussy&#33;

Kagari
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:31 AM
^^^ Man, who really gives a shit? there was alot of action, some crazy jutsus and some badass fighting. Stop nitpicking and ruining the damn anime...or quiet down and go make your own, better one. then maybe we&#39;ll all watch that...though i highly doubt it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I can see that the animation was subpar, yes, but it didn&#39;t take away from the awesomeness of the episode&#33; A story is more than just the animation.

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Why not use the regular team who makes good episodes, then everybody&#39;s happy, why does the sucky team make episodes, they should be fired&#33;

loser_nin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Sometimes animation can be bad, but as long as the story line and the action is good enough, I really don&#39;t care too much about it. Disapointing though the animation was, I still think this eppie was good *huggles eppie*.

Kagari
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:38 AM
The animation truly wasn&#39;t even that bad...I rather enjoy that style of animated fighting.

Krbadass
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Worst animation this series has seen so far. Easy.

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Well, 65 was even more lousier, 71 was bad, 65 was really unacceptable&#33;

xtort
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 21 2004, 06:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Man, the art-work really sucked&#33; sarutobi looked like the son of enma... orochimaru had strange face-drawings, he dosen&#39;t look the same in 69-70 etc, in this ep he was fat and was like smooth-drawn... I really enjoyed when enma strangled him, it was bad it was just a fake... But episode 72 looks great from the preview, flashbacks when they were young and good art-work, I have high expetations of that episode...Orochimaru is a coward that just give orders and stand there laughing he hardly ever fight... pussy&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You do realize that &quot;saru&quot; means monkey in Japanese? That animal/man thing has been stressed a lot in this manga/anime series, and Sarutobi was even called &quot;Saru&quot; or &quot;Little Monkey&quot; affectionately in the manga by the First.

There were a couple of scenes where Sarutobi&#39;s head looked way too big, but beyond that, I completely enjoyed the episode. It brought a crap-load more to the table than the manga version of this fight, and I&#39;m really glad for that.

-xtortout

loser_nin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Maybe so...But the animation doesn&#39;t necessarily make the anime. Me thinks plot accounts for more then drawing/coloring.

Junichiro
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:51 AM
comments on hokages, i know i&#39;m a little late. i think that each hokage has something specal about them. the first has/had that soul tree that keeps him and his allies alive, the second has some own mad speacal justu we will see in a few episodes(i hope for that) the third knows all the justus there are in thier village, and the fourth has many great justu that he showed everyone for just-in-case emergencies. i.e. crazy monster named oro or giant demon.

i think you guys are paying too much attention to detail and not enough to the actual story, who cares if the artists made a few mistakes. i thought it was awsome even with the minor flaws. like when the tree grew it went higher then the barrior, but the barrior grew too.(look at the zoomed out scences)

so far the best looking justu was Katon, Karyuu Endan. that was soooooo much fire, although it looked queer when the third took a huge breath and his cheast increased 3x its normal size.

and the 3rd said that them staying alive had something to do with the tree, why didn&#39;t he just burn it down?

how many animals can be summoned like the frog, snake, slug or maybe that was another messed up snake,monkey,dog.so a follow up question is if they were all to be summoned at once and faught each other, who/what would win?

Everon
Sat, 02-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Fire Jutsu&#39;s don&#39;t seem to be that powerful. Especially since Hokage is dealing with another Kage&#39;s Special Jutsu&#33; Remember Haku&#39;s Ice Mirrors couldn&#39;t be melted with Sasuke&#39;s low level fire, well Hokage&#39;s fire might not burn down the tree.
Besides, he was going to summon Enma anyways, so why waste chakra burning down the tree in addition to summoning Enma.

Munsu
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Spoiler: <span style='color:#D6DBE0'>Don&#39;t Spoil you ass</span>

chaos4ever
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:07 AM
IMO, this is the best episode on record since around episode 29(?) (orochimaru vs sauske). Good animation sequence, though the characters did look a little strange, the important part is NO FILLER SEQUENCES, like the last 40 episodes. A very lean episode, with some nice extras that the manga didn&#39;t have. I mean, omg, there weren&#39;t any five to ten minute flashbacks. That&#39;s a first for awhile.

Hopefully the animation and story quality won&#39;t decline. We getting very close to the best part of the Naruto project/storyline to date (IMO).

Oh, and I do have to admit that Orochimaru did look like a girl for some very odd reason, a very surprising (and a bad) take from the animators.

loser_nin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:09 AM
You&#39;re probably right Everon. He might have also not wanted to burn down trees because it would be good fighting terrain. It&#39;s easier to hide from certain attacks with the trees.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Good action, Bad animation ... (very bad timing) ...

One thing is kinda weird in the beginning you see from a angle all the ppl standing on the roof + the kekkai etc etc.. it looked very small, but when they were fighting it looked like it was a miles big area http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Anyways i watched the preview and the animations are gonna be 1337 again in 72, so dont worry they just hired some cheapo&#39;s to draw 70 like in 65..

Kn1ves
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:25 AM
a picture is worth 1000 words

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/IIIkn%201V%20esIII/sarutobi.jpg

AHHAHAHAHAHHAAAH

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (loser_nin @ Feb 21 2004, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm...I don&#39;t know Nara. If that were true, everyone able to do major Flame element attacks (eg. Everyone in the Flame Country) can become Hokage. And it would also mean that Naruto probably wouldn&#39;t be able to become one since he doesn&#39;t seem to have any elemental abilities. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
em but if the third were to choose another hokage wouldn&#39;t he teach him all he could like oro, even though oro turned out to be a horrible horrible creepy alien. and meh im not thinking that every hokage must have an element just saying that the past hokages specialize in their own element (i.e. the second&#39;s water elemental atks) just my theory &gt;_&gt;...

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Why not use the regular team who makes good episodes, then everybody&#39;s happy, why does the sucky team make episodes, they should be fired&#33;

Its called a budget, you&#39;ll learn about it in the real world http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

In any case, the animation for the episode was just what I expected, similar to the Oro vs Sasuke fight where quick fluid motions are predominant over detail and &quot;Proportion&quot;. personally, i liked the animation a lot, as it kept up a fast pace. So what if it isnt as detailed as any of the other eps before? The story is still kick ass, and even though im a manga reader, that part with oro still scared me :S

NomoZ
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Oro scares the crap out of me&#33;

This episode&#39;s animation did have it&#39;s flaws, but i have to say that the flame and water effects looked so cool

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:15 AM
It&#39;s not really that it was that bad, it&#39;s just that we are so used to the regular animation. The animation also seems very dark, or maybe it&#39;s because it&#39;s night time?

Toruxxx
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeathscytheVII @ Feb 21 2004, 07:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Why not use the regular team who makes good episodes, then everybody&#39;s happy, why does the sucky team make episodes, they should be fired&#33;

Its called a budget, you&#39;ll learn about it in the real world http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol thats true, they might of not had enough cash so they needed to get some different artist&#39;s in (cheap crappy ones) lol or the good artists might just need a break a few times i know i would get tired of drawing all bloody day and week http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

tensai
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:30 AM
about the specialized attacks of the hokages
the second hokage might be using a lot of water jutsu because he figured that water was the best to use against fire
but then, why would the first use the tree technique if fire will burn it down.

Oh well, i guess the attack strength is different

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Just look, misa wanna throw up, look at the details (BAD)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/526662/bscap000.jpg

kage_bunshin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:47 AM
wow this episode was going all over the place. when oro became a girl i was damn shocked&#33;&#33;&#33; if the animation was abit better i think this episode could have been the best ever for me&#33;

it seems though next episode we&#39;ll be learning about the history of orochimaru and stuff... i&#39;m definitely looking forward to it... and also i wish there was more on sasuke, naruto and all..

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:50 AM
He didn&#39;t become a female...

***********************SPOIL********************** *****************
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>He has completed the immortality spell so he&#39;s immortal he can&#39;t die, just be sealed, he was just showing sarutobi that he could revive himself</span>

RaZzy
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha-Itachi @ Feb 21 2004, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Good action, Bad animation ... (very bad timing) ...

One thing is kinda weird in the beginning you see from a angle all the ppl standing on the roof + the kekkai etc etc.. it looked very small, but when they were fighting it looked like it was a miles big area http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Anyways i watched the preview and the animations are gonna be 1337 again in 72, so dont worry they just hired some cheapo&#39;s to draw 70 like in 65.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
OMG NOT
in the next episode the animation/graphics will suck big time
it&#39;s soooo bad
anywayz i hope they dont show any fight in the next episode (72)

forgenjuro
Sat, 02-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I dont know why you guys keep talking about budgets. Naruto last time I checked is the 2nd most popular anime/manga in japan right behind One Piece. When a series is doing that good I am sure they would get a much more liberal budget.
Read the manga if you want good drawings for this ep. =)

shino23
Sat, 02-21-2004, 09:07 AM
overall a very good episode, i was&#39;nt disappointed at all with the animation , and i do agree that it was intentionally made that way so it the episode would focus on the flow of the characters movement rather than the drawing details its actually a good move , in my opinion .so give naruto sme slack and just enjoy the anime, since were really not paying or being made to pay some price for watching ok. oh and for those who spoil, its shows your character when you try to do something thats gets attention ---- 1 word , insecure hehehehe e http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

itsgalf
Sat, 02-21-2004, 09:17 AM
lots of disproportionate bodies

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/quickman/NarutoDisproportionate.jpg

and this is Hokage with the WTF&#33;? face

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/quickman/NarutoWTF.jpg

NomoZ
Sat, 02-21-2004, 09:56 AM
I watched the ep again last night, and the thing i noticed was that there were like 3 different styles of animation, 1 good the other 2 crappy.

I mainly hated the disproportionate bodies and weapons during the fight between saru and oro.

nar'to
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
we all know that the producers of naruto chooses to use different animators b/c of their budget and long run of this series. it can be refreshing to see other animators take on how to draw naruto. its expression of art. i am glad to see this animation studio for ep71 among their selection.

there is one or two particular styles of naruto animtation that may be better, but ep71 is amongst the top. i think the lead animator for this episode has a unique style meant for fighting sequences. if anything, its just not ur typical japanese naruto style. the emphasis seems to be in the flow of the martial arts movements and facial expressions.

a picture may say a thousand words, but animation is many frames of pictures strung together to create movement and the action movements were superb. all the ninjutsu and taijustu looked sharp, closely resembling ep30s. i have no doubt that may fans will be using scenes from this ep in their AMVs. the fact that the producers choose to allow this style of animation be used for such an action-packed ep71 means they placed alot of trust in them. and i look forward to them animating ep72.

in the end, its all about opinions, and mine is that this ep will be remembered for its GOOD animation.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RaZzy @ Feb 21 2004, 07:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 21 2004, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Good action, Bad animation ... (very bad timing) ...

Anyways i watched the preview and the animations are gonna be 1337 again in 72, so dont worry they just hired some cheapo&#39;s to draw 70 like in 65.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
OMG NOT
in the next episode the animation/graphics will suck big time
it&#39;s soooo bad
anywayz i hope they dont show any fight in the next episode (72) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
OMG dude i dunno wut ya smoking, but i would say PASS THE PIPE&#33;

The animation in 72 is back to ownage again..

TeLeKiNeSiS
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:33 AM
ah, i too dont like the disproportionality..but i gues we cant do anything about it. overall though...this ep was craziness. i loved the fighting scenes and high level jutsus

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Itachi_ if you wanna spoil so badly to show of your &quot;intelligence&quot; about Naruto, put the truth in your spoiler tags, not random BS you make up yourself http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

no offence

The Second
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:40 AM
the second is too cool &#33;

ps. oro is soo transexual
*wonders if jiraiya finds him sexxxay*

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:44 AM
oro pulled off some &quot;forbidden&quot; jutsu ... now that i think about it there are wAY too many forbidden jutsuu... yea anyways i wouldn&#39;t be surprised if oro pulls out a set of breast next http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif this is gone too weird

edit: meh even though he&#39;s not a female he looks like one ....

Munsu
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha&#045;Itachi &#064; Feb 21 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Itachi_ if you wanna spoil so badly to show of your &quot;intelligence&quot; about Naruto, put the truth in your spoiler tags, not random BS you make up yourself http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

no offence </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I was going to say the same thing to Itachi_... I wonder what version of the manga he&#39;s reading because everytime he posts a spoiler it is far from the truth lol.... Itachi_, you should write a fan fiction story lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif ... But I dont want to post any spoilers here so.... no point in debating anymore

itachi_
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:57 AM
It&#39;s the truth retards&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

Munsu
Sat, 02-21-2004, 11:09 AM
I wont reply here... but if you want to discuss your spoiler theories... make a thread at the open discussion and we&#39;ll debate over there

frexeze
Sat, 02-21-2004, 11:34 AM
the third&#39;s explosion notes were cool http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif when i saw that i was just like hahaha you guys got owned http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 02-21-2004, 12:00 PM
but they reformedd..... ewwww

Krbadass
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Well it was a good episode but the drawings made me sick frankly.

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, Orochimaru&#39;s face looked too weird. And the Hokage looked so puny, maybe that was intentional. But I loved the action. The 3rd is so strong, even in his old age he can take on 2 Hokages and Orochimaru all at the same time... amazing.

Everon
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah there was a slight Chibi-ing of the 3rd. But there was plenty of action, so I wasn&#39;t that disapointed.

High Wind
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Orochimaru&#39;s face kept changing lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I thought Enma was pretty cool, I mean he sent Nidaime (Second Hokage) straight through the wood

lol did anyone else find it funny when Sandaime (The 3rd) was punched and then all of a sudden it switch to slow-mo i thought that was hilarious http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

XwingRob
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:25 PM
I actually didn&#39;t think the drawings were that bad. I think it was intentional, to tell you the truth.And at least that Korean studio didn&#39;t do it after all. Bah..they better not used those guys for the rest of this saga at least. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif
Orochamaru made me get scared at the end though.

Everon
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:25 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (High Wind @ Feb 20 2004, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru&#39;s face kept changing lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I thought Enma was pretty cool, I mean he sent Nidaime (Second Hokage) straight through the wood

lol did anyone else find it funny when Sandaime (The 3rd) was punched and then all of a sudden it switch to slow-mo i thought that was hilarious http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah that was pretty cool. From the translations I know about, the 1st Hokage is suppose to be freakishly strong.

Mange Sharingan
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:29 PM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Orochimaru is a girl. Couldnt he choose a guy instead.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I don&#39;t think the 2 Hokages were at their full strength. How could they not notice those tags on their legs?

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:33 PM
because it&#39;s not &quot;really&quot; them or soemthing that the white anbu guy said

Toruxxx
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:39 PM
It was a very good episode lots of action i like that but the art did spoil it abit but it was still freaking amazing and that monkey king lol hes cool looks like the 3rd is still got some move&#39;s on him and Oro&#33; he is freaky and that evil laugh weird man&#33;

Luchio
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:42 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mange Sharingan &#064; Feb 21 2004, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Orochimaru is a girl. Couldnt he choose a guy instead.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Orochimaru ain&#39;t no girl, he&#39;s a talking dog, just wait in the next episodes when <span style='color:#D6DBE0'>he&#39;ll remove yet another mask. </span> Sorry to spoil it but the truth must be known&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

edit: well it is a joke in case you people couldn&#39;t tell. retards

simplyxme
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:44 PM
I didnt find the art THAT bad but 3rd hokage looked really weird. He looked like some deformed monkey or something.. but i guess the action http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif made up for that. Overall this episode was great, Orochimaru&#39;s freakish laugh at the end was really scary. I kept hearing it over and over again throughout the day.. *shiver*

i&#39;m still wondering about where neiji, hinata, and all those other characters have been up too. I guess the next episode might fill us in?

Xollence
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Use a spoiler tag...

Rock Lee
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:49 PM
It was a good episode despite the odd drawing like bell head 3rd hokage and suddenly 300 lb orochimaru. I don&#39;t think that orochimaru&#39;s a girl really. They all call him he i think theres something more to it than simply that. We shall have to wait and see. If you all looked at the preview it looks likes hes in some kinda torture dungeon.

Toruxxx
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:50 PM
lol thats true well we know ino and choji(sp?) are asleep but neji i want to know where he is, is he still in care all is he out and about? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif and shino wonder when he is gonna pop out we saw him go in ep69? 70? i forgot but hes upto something.

Grey_wolf
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Alright the animation really sucked big time. I mean just look at the 3rd.. please.. it was the worst animation i EVER have seen in a anime.. really.. EVER.. it really sucked.

But the EP was good.

High Wind
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:54 PM
and are we EVER gonna see the Genma/Baki fight?

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif I guess they decided to scrap that or some thing, I was really looking forward to it too

Ahh well at least we got to see some kick ass Jutsu&#39;s in 71
Damn... the 2nd using water tech&#39;s with out any water near him....

Assassin
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:56 PM
ok wtf was up with oro? sex change no justu?&#33;?&#33; his second face looked totally female. plz tell me i was high, and he didnt like transform himself into a girl http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

other then that, the ep was pretty cool......that monkey king is badass......i wonder if he could take on gamabunta. he seems pretty strong if he can knock around hokages like that.

and whats up with that sword.....the giant monkey said that even though he was as hard as a diamond, that sword could still hurt him.....does it have some special powers that we&#39;re gonna find out about?

one thing i dont get......when the monkey grabs oro and breaks his neck, he turned to mud......but it WASN&#39;T kawarimi&#33;&#33; he just turned to mud and then like, remade himself. WTF kind of jutsu is that?? how is it that he managed to learn all these badass forbidden jutsu&#39;s.......its not like the 3rd would&#39;ve taught him that stuff, and the only place that has forbidden jutsu&#39;s is that scroll naruto stole. but that means oro stole it too at some point. is that y he got kicked out?

nar'to
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:58 PM
loved the action&#33;&#33;&#33; it was absolutely terrific&#33;&#33;&#33;

in regards to the animation, i felt it was superb&#33;&#33;&#33;
it may not be what u are all familar from nara animations but it looks the same as the episode where sasuke and orochimaru first faced off in the forest of death for the 2nd chunnin examination (i think its the same animation as in the intro as well). i think thesy use this particular style on fast-paced action sequences. i was very pleased.

and i do agree that orchimauru did look freaky.

Assertn
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:58 PM
some manga readers dont waste any time in giving retarded posts the second a discussion thread on an interesting scene opens up http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

nar'to
Sun, 02-22-2004, 02:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (forgenjuro @ Feb 21 2004, 07:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> When a series is doing that good I am sure they would get a much more liberal budget.
Read the manga if you want good drawings for this ep. =) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
the manga was nowhere close to giving the same feel of action that the anime did in this portion of the story.

even if u pay the animators 1M dollars per ep, it would be impossible for them to dish out high-quality episodes EACH &amp; EVERY WEEK for 70+ eps even if u had all the best artists working on this series on ur payroll. there is a likelihood the some animation companies were contracted to a certain # of eps and must be used. in addition, time constraints could require more then one or two squads of animators working on this popular product. these other factors would have little to do with &quot;budget&quot;.

the animation in the episode was fine and the flow of action was the absolute best.

also, if you choose to identify this anime as art, aren&#39;t other animators/artists entitled to be given the opportunity to express their vision of naruto. just enjoy the ep.

as for someone else&#39;s comment of this being the worst episode ever? they must have not watched ep 29 and 65&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Assertn
Sun, 02-22-2004, 03:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naruto &#064; Feb 22 2004, 03:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure &#064; Feb 21 2004, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> some manga readers dont waste any time in giving retarded posts the second a discussion thread on an interesting scene opens up http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
mhh btw im the 28th of total posts
but the most are spam i think...something like :

yes
huh?
no
dunno
great

and so on http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol, well.....i wasnt exactly referring to spam http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Alot of people seem to like defending the weaker studios....but honestly how many other series exist out there that actually alternate between good and bad quality?? I can understand if each bad quality episode is there to compensate for each INSANE quality episode that they release, but then I remember that this series should be earning the producers more money than most other series....so they SHOULD have consistently better quality episodes.

They&#39;re just greedy, i tells ya http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

The_Fourth
Sun, 02-22-2004, 03:02 AM
I also think they hired (at leas) for this episode a cheaper type of drawings, but in this case I really dont mind since the fight was really cool.

XwingRob
Sun, 02-22-2004, 03:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 21 2004, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why not use the regular team who makes good episodes, then everybody&#39;s happy, why does the sucky team make episodes, they should be fired&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nara and Gainax studios are as normal as you get....and they did this episode.
Stop nitpicking. It&#39;s not that bad. The animation was great. The drawings were a little weird. Like I said, it was probaly intentional, or at least, some exagerration on the animator&#39;s part.

Krbadass
Sun, 02-22-2004, 03:41 AM
If it was intentional, they need to be fired.. the animation was ok.. beings as they animated things i could draw better my self (im a horrible artist) I hope we never see an ep that bad of drawings again.

sangai
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:06 AM
i thought the animation was fine they just didnt put time into it,its like they are workin on more animes then naruto so there attention is divided

but the movements where fluid and some of the scense where actually drawn alright

loved the episode

Naruto
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:08 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Feb 21 2004, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> some manga readers dont waste any time in giving retarded posts the second a discussion thread on an interesting scene opens up http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
mhh btw im the 28th of total posts
but the most are spam i think...something like :

yes
huh?
no
dunno
great

and so on http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

itachi_
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:28 AM
Man just compare these two it&#39;s like the second picture could&#39;ve been the first pictures father

http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fi3f29da23.medium/bscap001.jpg

http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fi562d851d.medium/bscap002.jpg

SirCharlesIII
Sun, 02-22-2004, 04:35 AM
wow. well its the movement that looks good, not the still images, but thats quite a comparison, nice itachi

Assertn
Sun, 02-22-2004, 05:58 AM
also check out oro and the snake in the scene where the sword is coming out.....
if you took a still image of it and showed it to anyone who doesnt watch naruto....they wouldnt have the slightest clue that the thing at the bottom is either a person, a snake, or a person and a snake http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

xtort
Sun, 02-22-2004, 06:18 AM
1) Bah. That animation was fine. There was one goofy scene with the Hokage&#39;s head being too big, but then again... when&#39;s the last time you saw your grandfather in a ninja outfit? Jeesh, old people&#39;s heads are big, proportional to their bodies. Body shrinks after 70 years; head doesn&#39;t.

2) The weapon proportions... I think what&#39;s happening with Enma in his diamond-poker form is that he&#39;s getting way longer and skinnier. It&#39;s not that they messed up and made him seem 7 foot long one second and 20 the next; it&#39;s that he&#39;s changing size. (I mean jeez, one moment he was a staff with an eye and an arm. It&#39;s not too much of a leap to say &quot;he can get bigger and smaller. And stuff.&quot;) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

3) Having read the manga, there really is no direct elucidation as to whether the young Orochimaru is a guy or gal. What I think happened is that Kishimoto can&#39;t draw teen-aged kids correctly, and they end up looking like Haku/young-Orochimaru... this weird kind of ambiguous sex. And the voice was perfect for him/her. Totally freaky. That laugh rocked.

4) As for the person that didn&#39;t want next episode to be a fight scene, SPOILER: ******** <span style='color:#D6DBE0'>HAHA TOUGH 5H&#33;7&#33;</span>******** http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

-xtortout

True_strengh
Sun, 02-22-2004, 08:10 AM
IM getting fucking mad of the &quot;so fucking hard roof &quot; pieces of rocks big as a car is falling down on the roof but no difference ....but when those trees come (dont know the name of the jutsu, sorry)then the god damn roof breaks just a little bit ...a tiny bit... ok it would be to easy for hokage to escape if he could blast a hole in the roof and run for his life with oro after him ....but still ...

__________________________________________________ __________________

[COLOR=red]-true strengh is when you have someone precious to you-

simplyxme
Sun, 02-22-2004, 10:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Feb 21 2004, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well after reading some posts on the first page.. im in shock.. how can you think the drawings weren&#39;t bad, it made oro look fat, then skinny... removed his cheek bones you can usually see then put them back... it CANNOT have been intentional. and if it was, i really hope that artist gets fired. I could have drawn those characters better. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
they really werent that bad to me.. the characters&#39; faces just occasionally mutated.. hahaha but lets cut them some slack. theres prob that budget problem and then they only have a week to make one episode and plus the story was really good so i really dont mind. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 02-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Good episode, crappy drawing.

Raven
Sun, 02-22-2004, 12:10 PM
After Orochimaru punched and kicked the 3rd down, then stood over him and said &quot;please get up, don&#39;t disappoint me&quot;, he laughed. Go back and listen to the laugh again, doesn&#39;t it sound exactly like Frieza? It was uncanny. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Magus7
Sun, 02-22-2004, 12:11 PM
ok i think they should fire the one animation team responsible for this episode... (for those who don&#39;t know what i&#39;m talking about they hire multiple animation teams so that they can produce all these episodes every week at such high quality)
but i will agree the action completely made up for it this time

XwingRob
Sun, 02-22-2004, 01:53 PM
(sigh) They probaly asked Nara and Gainax to lower their quality for this episode because they are trying to keep these guys drawing for the rest of this action-filled saga. Do you really want the korea guys to come in again, during this time? At least Nara and Gainax are great at animating fights.
The only real part I hate to look at in this episode was the part when Orochamaru stretch his leg. It looked ugly.

Xollence
Mon, 02-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah but the Episode 71 preview didn&#39;t look that bad either.

Xollence
Mon, 02-23-2004, 02:56 AM
It wasn&#39;t that bad. Hopefully it&#39;ll get better next episode.

Assertn
Mon, 02-23-2004, 03:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Feb 23 2004, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> There a busy team, they probaly don&#39;t have time to make sure everything is &quot;perfect&quot;. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
they release one episode a week just like all the other anime companies. thats not an excuse to remain below the standards set by everyone else.

anyway, im done complainin about the quality.....i still found the animation of the characters and some of the fancy perspectives to be quite entertaining. The running animation done for the hokages looked more realistic than wat most other companies&#39; do as well.

Xollence
Mon, 02-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Yeah but other animes aren&#39;t as long as Naruto, and they can finish the whole series before releasing them.

Krbadass
Mon, 02-23-2004, 04:07 AM
They can make it at least watchable.. this was horrible i wish i woulda waited a bit longer to watch it... like right before 72 maybe

ricefarmer
Mon, 02-23-2004, 04:16 AM
this ep was good because if some1 else animated it. the animation wouldn&#39;t be as good. just like ep 30 its all intentional. the animation is great the quality kinda bad

Power PMV
Mon, 02-23-2004, 04:45 AM
maybe 72 has horrible graphics too. So you better get your Naruto fix at its proper time. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Orion Guardian
Mon, 02-23-2004, 06:12 AM
hmm the animation was not really good, but there are some eps out there which ware far worse....remeber the last ep oif the kiba vs Naruto fight? the part _after_ the fight....
*brrr* really sucking....but this ep was only a little weird, u are overreaction, especially as u cannot change it...

rleland
Mon, 02-23-2004, 06:44 AM
maybe the next few months of episodes will have horrible graphics and you should just go read the manga instead of complaining that something you got without paying someone to make it isn&#39;t up to the quality you wanted

Larz
Mon, 02-23-2004, 09:56 AM
i think a lot of people are confusing animation and art.

The animation on 71 was excellent. Aka, the fluidity and choreography of the fight and everything was great.

Now, the art was kind of weird. Aka, some characters and stuff drawn rather odd.

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:06 AM
C&#39;mon guys, was it that horrid? It wasn&#39;t to bad though was it?

villin
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:17 AM
http://villin.mediahalo.com/image/fi1377477b.upload/sar.jpg
http://villin.mediahalo.com/image/ficd70271e.upload/oro.jpg
This level of artwork does not belong in one of the most important, if not the most important, battles to date in the anime. In a filler episode we may not like it but we can overlook it but in an ep that is vital to the storyline its just unacceptable.

itachi_
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:25 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Feb 23 2004, 03:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> maybe 72 has horrible graphics too. So you better get your Naruto fix at its proper time. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think so, at least orochimaru got his cheek bones back..

http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fiba195f8a.medium/bscap003.jpg
http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fi32ff8188.medium/bscap000.jpg

This is actually good drawing according to me

http://itachi.mediahalo.com/image/fic75e709c.medium/bscap002.jpg

Episode 72 is prolly much better then 71..

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Theres another night i cant sleep now.... freakn orochimaru...

villin
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Feb 23 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Theres another night i cant sleep now.... freakn orochimaru... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I know what you mean. That screen cap freaks the hell out of me.

rEkKaShInObI
Mon, 02-23-2004, 11:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 23 2004, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI &#064; Feb 23 2004, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Theres another night i cant sleep now.... freakn orochimaru... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I know what you mean. That screen cap freaks the hell out of me. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That thing doesn&#39;t even look like Orochimaru, but daym.... ugliest thing ive ever seen... I hope the 3rd kills it.

esconaruto
Mon, 02-23-2004, 01:09 PM
why do they decide in all the good eps to use this team first time was oro vs saskue in the forest and now why not use the team that did the rock lee gaara fight?

XwingRob
Mon, 02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (esconaruto @ Feb 23 2004, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> why do they decide in all the good eps to use this team first time was oro vs saskue in the forest and now why not use the team that did the rock lee gaara fight? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Read the ending credits, and look for the name in english, that&#39;s the name of the animation team. The team that did the Gaara VS Lee fight and the Orochimaru Vs Sasuke fight helped made this episode-aka Nara Animation Studios. But another group, Gainax studios helped made this episode too.
I believe Nara animation studios did the first season of Naruto too. I guess when it comes to action filled episodes, they lower the quality of drawings and what not. Also, I betcha there drawing the rest of the episodes in this saga. There a busy team, they probaly don&#39;t have time to make sure everything is &quot;perfect&quot;.

bender83j
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:53 AM
the reason that he is able to take on them is becuase the 1st and second are just puppets. Ochimaru has to control what they do and he can&#39;t control thier techneques as well as they could when they where alive. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

itachi_
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:57 AM
What do you think that the next episode will show the most?? the hokage fight or sasuke vs gaara etc... or some other event.

Vagabond
Tue, 02-24-2004, 04:13 AM
I think it will flip back and forth between hokage vs oro and sasuke vs. temari and kankuro(since gaara is unconscious).

Oh and about Sandaime height. He is supposed to be that short. Somewhere on Narutoguide they have a height chart and it show sandaime is slightly taller than Naruto.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 02-24-2004, 05:22 AM
Orochimaru was too damn freaky at the end of that epidsode. My god is he gay or is he the anime version of Michael Jackson? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

RaZzy
Tue, 02-24-2004, 08:32 AM
looks a bit like frieza http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

but i really liked that episode ... same graphics/animation as episode 30
you liked episode 30 ??
it didn&#39;t look right at the part where oro and hokage are fighting with the sword and the pole .. but the rest looked good.. expecially at the beginning of the fight.. all the jutsu&#39;s

itachi_: i have to dissapoint you, episode 72 will look bad. There are almost no shadows/highlights on orochimaru, same goes for the picture with the kids. Also there&#39;s almost no animation in the preview. And just look how the hokage&#39;s face is drawn.. It isn&#39;t as bad as episode 65, but more like episode 54.

itsgalf
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:32 AM
hmmm, I wonder why Jaraiya still had bushy white hair when he was young...

bender83j
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:01 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif Absolutly awsome episode. More action then normal and less explinaion. the third kicks ass. I don&#39;t understand why he didn&#39;t leave that Monkey king Enma in its normal form, because he was kicking ass in that form. he didn&#39;t do to much in his other. this episode was so good it compaires the the fight between gara and Lee http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

z0diac
Tue, 02-24-2004, 12:32 PM
was a great ep, finally we get to see how the big boys fight. Hokage was cool although i totally agree about the drawings. There were times when the thirds head was monsterly huge in comparison with his body http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif and they got Orochimaru&#39;s face all messed up at certain points. and his face beneath the mask is scary http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif . also i wished they would make hokage taller http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif he looked so weird when the 1st and 2nd are tall and strong and he is little and is drawn funky.

one thing kinda troubles me though. It just isnt right that hokage can deal with oro the 1st and the 2nd at once. they overdid it a bit i think. I mean if they werent spirits the 1st and 2nd would be dead by now cuz of the explosion notes meaning the 3rd is stronger than both of them together? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif .But maybe he just ownz http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 02-25-2004, 02:00 AM
So far, its been portraying a ninja war very poorly...

astronut
Wed, 02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
good ep. graphics kinda sucky though.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif maybe it as a lower budget team that drew it? maybe it was also intentional CAN&quot;T WAIT FOR NEXT EP&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Gabo-san
Wed, 02-25-2004, 04:14 AM
I did notice the animation was very different than usual. Most western people were pissed off about it too, they prefer the more traditional form of animation that everyone in North America is used to seeing. To tell the truth, the form of animation you saw in the episode is more common than you think. At times, it reminded me of Ninja Scroll (movie) and even Akira as well.

Next Episode will probably be mostly flashbacks because it showed that in the previews. And Sarutobi will probably prepare whatever jutsu he is planning on using too.

One thing I also found interesting about this episode, is that the voice actor who plays the younger Orochimaru is the same person who plays him disguised as that Rain Genin from the 2nd Exam.

Uchiha-Itachi
Wed, 02-25-2004, 06:27 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RaZzy @ Feb 24 2004, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> looks a bit like frieza http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

but i really liked that episode ... same graphics/animation as episode 30
you liked episode 30 ??
it didn&#39;t look right at the part where oro and hokage are fighting with the sword and the pole .. but the rest looked good.. expecially at the beginning of the fight.. all the jutsu&#39;s

itachi_: i have to dissapoint you, episode 72 will look bad. There are almost no shadows/highlights on orochimaru, same goes for the picture with the kids. Also there&#39;s almost no animation in the preview. And just look how the hokage&#39;s face is drawn.. It isn&#39;t as bad as episode 65, but more like episode 54. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
rofl episode 72 is going to look bad roflmao ..

I dunno wut ya smoking dude, but pass the pipe.. since when can you look in to the future.. 72 is definately looking better then 71 and hell better then 65 &#33;&#33;&#33;

Now quit whining ffs episode 72 is gonna r0x your s0x

Warren
Wed, 02-25-2004, 08:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SaSuKeRuLeS &#064; Feb 24 2004, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru was too damn freaky at the end of that epidsode. My god is he gay or is he the anime version of Michael Jackson? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There have been a lot of misconceptions in this topic about Orochimaru somehow &quot;getting a sex change&quot;
<u>Spoiler</u>
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>He has since switched bodies from his childhood (boy) body. He switched bodies into some girl, although I dont know anything about her. When Orochimaru&#39;s forbidden age-cancelling jutsu was complete, it made him young, in his prime. So, the girl&#39;s body he was in became younger, and thus looks like a young girl. So he never had a sex change or anything like that, he just switched bodies to a girl beforehand.</span>

lilvietdragon829
Wed, 02-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Well I LOVED this episode but i have to agree that the drawings were of less quality than normal. I do think this is done on purpose because of the fast paced action taking place throughout the whole episode. I mean, it would probably take a whole lot longer to use the regular animation and make it fast paced so i thought it was for the best http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif. Oh and i DO think oro had a sex change or sumthin cuz that sounded like a freakin girl http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Raven
Wed, 02-25-2004, 01:47 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itsgalf @ Feb 24 2004, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hmmm, I wonder why Jaraiya still had bushy white hair when he was young... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It&#39;s called anime. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif People of all ages have outrageous hair styles and colours.

Kumiriko
Wed, 02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
yah like that kid in konohamaru&#39;s class. with the crazy thick Dreadlocks. i love it. when ever i see that kid i want to see her when she is older. or is it a boy? i think it is a girl

Assertn
Thu, 02-26-2004, 03:15 AM
actually warren thats exactly the reason why i posted that
nobody in the anime forum wants to hear anything about the manga that hasnt been explained yet in the anime thread

sorry, i just lose my patience when every week people start posting without even reading the rules first http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

bender83j
Thu, 02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif gabu-san you watch way to much anime man. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif you need to pick up a new hobbie. now that that was said i can&#39;t wait till the next episode. i have a feeling it is going to be crappy because the last one had so much action in it. i also think that it will be mostly saske vs gara and friends and i am very curious on how that will turn out. they have so many differnt things going on at the same time. i still wanna see that guy with the toothpick in his mouth that was the examiner in the matches fight that sand http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif guy. i bet that would be a awsome match as well. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Warren
Thu, 02-26-2004, 09:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Feb 26 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> would you like to guess as to why there would be misconceptions?
perhaps, and this might be a little out there.....but it might be possible that its because IT HASNT BEEN EXPLAINED IN THE ANIME YET&#33;

.......noobs..... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

edit: unless if your opinion is just speculation as well, but then that wouldnt put you in any position to accuse other speculations as misconceptions. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Er, well... sorry about that.. I didn&#39;t mean misconception as an insult or anything. I was just trying to clear up why Oro looked like a young girl at the end of 71; and no its not an opinion that was explained in the manga. calm down man heh.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

bender83j
Thu, 02-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Hey warren or anyone else who chooses to answer. How do u make those kool icons and little gifs? my posts are lame and boring i wanna jaz them up http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

bender83j
Thu, 02-26-2004, 11:02 AM
when is the next episode coming out? or when are they all able to be downloaded?

Bender dont double post. Use the Edit button. kakashisensei

Master_Shikamaru
Thu, 02-26-2004, 11:33 AM
I wonder if the fourth Hokage&#39;s special technique is some sorta soul destroying technique because the summoned Hokages keep coming back so long as their souls remain tied to those bodies. I&#39;m looking forward to some serious soul smashy smashy&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif &lt;--- *soul smashy smashy*

Assertn
Thu, 02-26-2004, 01:20 PM
would you like to guess as to why there would be misconceptions?
perhaps, and this might be a little out there.....but it might be possible that its because IT HASNT BEEN EXPLAINED IN THE ANIME YET&#33;

.......noobs..... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

edit: unless if your opinion is just speculation as well, but then that wouldnt put you in any position to accuse other speculations as misconceptions.