PDA

View Full Version : All my anime's messed up

MythrilWulf
Tue, 02-17-2004, 08:38 AM
This is kinda hard to explain, but I'll do my best.
It looks like the entire screen has a green tint to it, and the top left-hand corner appears to have the sillouette of the scene in blue or something.
I really have no idea what's happening here, and I haven't dl'd any new things that should be affecting playback. I'm open to any suggestions.

Raven
Wed, 02-18-2004, 07:37 AM
I assume it doesn't happen with other things e.g. windows, games, etc?

It sounds a bit like a monitor problem but I'm sure it's not that.

Munsu
Wed, 02-18-2004, 09:41 AM
What are you trying to watch? what codecs do you have installed? what players do you use?

MythrilWulf
Fri, 02-20-2004, 06:19 AM
It pretty much happens for all my anime (divx/xvid), but I have all the current codecs for both, and ffdshow. I'm using Windows Media Player and BS Player.

Munsu
Fri, 02-20-2004, 07:03 AM
I guess you have already tried uninstalling all the codecs and reinstalling them...

Has this always happened or just recently?

Musclebobbuffpants
Sat, 02-21-2004, 03:01 AM
I have the same problem and I think it is because my computer is so slow and the episodes work on ym faster computer

rogue_noir
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I smell a virus

Rock Lee
Sat, 02-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Its a codec issue, if its just the anime you play that turns green its just a codec issue go update get more codec or use a diffrent player. I've posted this a million times bt try VLC _everything_ works in VLC. www.videolan.org

MythrilWulf
Sun, 02-22-2004, 09:51 AM
It's definitely not a codec issue. I uninstalled and re-installed up-to-date codecs when it first started happening. It's way different from the green screen you get from using the wrong xvid codec, if that's what you're thinking.

As far as computer speed, is there anything I can do about it? (Short of buying a new video card)

Munsu
Sun, 02-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah I think it is indeed a hardware problem, maybe your pc is not powerful enough... if not I have no clue what the problem is... you are probably screwed by the sound of it... hope that new video card solves the problem..

maybe you could update the drivers of your current card and see if it helps somewhat

hiroshi
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Hm.... sounds interesting. o_o;
A few suggestions then to make things clearer on the problem. Firstly, although you say it's definitly not a codec issue, please try running G-Spot ('http://www.headbands.com/gspot/') to diagnose it and tell us the results if anything pops up.

If no problems appear to be there from the codec point of view, then please specify your graphics card, your monitor (if possible), and the resolution and refresh rate you've set your monitor and system to. Also please specify the hardware acceleration setting that you've specified in the graphic cards control system.

Also please state when the last time you degaussed your monitor was, and if you have any powerful magnetic equipment nearby.

EG:
Sub-Woofer,
Speakers,
Mobile Phone,
Cordless Phone,
TV,
etc etc.