PDA

View Full Version : Anime tips.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm not looking for just any anime here. I'm looking for an anime that is like Noir and Full Metal Panic with "Assassination" as a mission and if possible out in the bush in big bases where infiltration is needed... Oh, and no robots or anything like that.

Thinking of an anime like this i thought it would be perfect if they made Metal Gear in to an anime serie...

Don't tip me off with something like Gunslinger Girls or something like that (I didn't like that anime)...

Oh, is there even an anime like this? Well, that's what i want to know.

Other than that i would like advice on historical animes with samurais and ninjas other than PMK, Rurouni Kenshin, Blade of the Immortal and Naruto (since i'm already into them).

I'd prefer if you mention a long anime series instead of movies http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I'm quite demanding and picky sometimes.

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:59 AM
As far as Noir goes... I would recomend X... there are movies, ova and TV series

I'll also recommend Berserk just because I figure you might enjoy it... you're probably tired of hearing this as a recomendation, but it's true...

You can also try Mezzo DSA... they carry out missions, and it's pretty entertaining...

I'll post more when I come up with more

Death BOO Z
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:24 AM
100 stories in an awsome mystery\jap mythes anime, it's only 13 eps but it's worth every mintue of it...

and you might want to try Inuyasha, it's a but repapative at times, but it's feudal japan and it's really long (not over yet, but still has 140+ episodes out already).

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:45 AM
I agree... 100 Stories is awesome and also Inuyasha is very good also... it has dragged somewhat long, but I'm not complaining... it's still entertaining

I would also like to recomend Condor Hero... only 18 episodes have been released by live-evil... but it is certainly one of my top 3 series that i'm currently watching...

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:57 AM
I'm following Inu Yasha right now http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I'll try out Condor Hero, sounds interesting, but please try to think something up that fits the description of what i most of all want. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm trying as hard as I can to fit your description... but there arent many around that will do... Those that I mentioned earlier are somewhat the idea you are looking for, but not entirely...

Maybe you could try Shadow Skill for your ninja needs...

I dont understand how you want something like Full Metal Panic and at the same time dont want any robots... care to elaborate?

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:07 AM
Oh, and if anyone here love Bruce Lee movies, you could tell me the name of some of them, it's been a long time since i last saw one http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks for trying so hard... I've seen so many animes now, and i'm running low on ideas since i did start from the top watching Mononoke Hime as m first and then moving on to other animes that had great reviews http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Mgslee
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Cowboy bebop and hellsing are the only ones that might fit your list outside of what you mentioned

Defiently recommend Kenshin, and its fairly long.

Power PMV
Tue, 02-17-2004, 07:13 AM
yeah Kenshin is a must. And if you like the samurai type of anime you may watch Samurai Deeper Kyo it isn't as good as Kenshin but it certainly is enjoyable if you like the genre, it's 26 episodes long.

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Well he said that he didnt need advice on Kenshin, but Samurai Deeper Kyo is certainly something enjoyable.. not great but it will certainly entertain you

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Feb 18 2004, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yeah Kenshin is a must. And if you like the samurai type of anime you may watch Samurai Deeper Kyo it isn&#39;t as good as Kenshin but it certainly is enjoyable if you like the genre, it&#39;s 26 episodes long. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Samruai Deeper Kyo is indeed amazing it is far more cooler than kenshin. btw is there an anime version of Blade of the Immortal?

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 02-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh well, i&#39;ll put my anime list of what i&#39;ve seen so far so i don&#39;t get animes i&#39;ve seen as a tip http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif... Seen both Hellsing, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Cowboy Bebop AND Kenshin as i did mention in my first post.

Edit: Movies.

1. Ah my goddess: The Movie.
2. Akira.
3. Blood: The last Vampire.
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Demon City Shinjuku.
6. Escaflowne: Girl from Gaia.
7. Ghost In The Shell.
8. Grave of The Fireflies
9. Guardian of Darkness: Takegami: War God.
10. Jin-Roh: The wolf Brigade.
11. Kiki’s Delivery Service
12. Mononoke Hime.
13. Nausica of The Valley of The Wind
14. Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
15. Ninja Scroll.
16. Puppet Princess.
17. Ranma ½ The Movie: Big Trouble In Nekonron, China.
18. Ranma ½ The Movie 2: Nihao My Concubine.
19. Rurouni Kenshin The Movie
20. Sin: The Movie.
21. Tenchi Muyo Movie 2 – Daughter of Darkness.
22. Tonari no Totoro.
23. Vampire Hunter D.
24. Wings of Honneamise.
25. Zone Of The Enders.

Series.

1. Ah My Goddess – 5 episodes
2. Battle Angel Alita – 3 episodes
3. Bubblegum Crisis – 26 episodes
4. Chobits – 26 episodes
5. Crest of The Stars – 13 episodes
6. Cowboy Bebop – 26 episodes
7. D.N. Angel – 26 episodes
8. Dragon Pink – 3 episodes
9. Escaflowne – 26 episodes
10. Excel Saga – 26 episodes
11. Final Fantasy Unlimited – 25 episodes
12. Flame of Recca – 42 episodes
13. Fruits Basket – 26 episodes
14. Full Metal Panic – 24 episodes
15. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu – 15 episodes
16. Furi Kuri – 6 episodes
17. Geneshaft – 13 episodes
18. Golden Boy – 6 episodes
19. Great Teacher Onizuka – 43 episodes
20. Green Green – 12 episodes
21. Gundam Seed – 50 episodes
22. Gunsmith Cats – 3 episodes
23. Hellsing – 13 episodes
24. Hikaru no Go – 75 episodes
25. Love Hina, Again and special – 30 episodes
26. Magical Twilight – 3 episodes
27. Naruto –? episodes (I have 69, all there is so far)
28. Neon Genesis Evangelion – 28 episodes
29. Ninja Resurrection – 3 episodes
30. Noir – 26 episodes
31. Now And Then Here And There – 13 episodes
32. Onegai Sensei – 12 episodes
33. Piano – 10 episodes
34. Rurouni Kenshin – 101 episodes
35. Sailor Moon, R and S – 136 episodes
36. Sakura Diaries – 12 episodes
37. Seikai No Senki – 13 episodes
38. Seikai No Senki II – 10 episodes
39. Serial Experiments Lain – 13 episodes
40. Tenchi Muyo OAV – 13 episodes
41. Those Who Hunt Elves I – 12 episodes
42. Those Who Hunt Elves II – 12 episodes
43. Trigun – 26 episodes
44. Vandread – 26 episodes

Serier som jag ännu inte har alla avsnitten av.

1. Card Captor Sakura – 70 episodes (I have 7)
2. Chrno Crusade – ? episodes (I have 9)
3. Iketeru Futari – 16 episodes (I have 1)
4. Inuyasha – 1?? episodes (I have 112)
5. Magic Knight Rayearth – ? episodes (I have 1)
6. Nuku Nuku – 18 episodes (I have 9)
7. Onegai Twins – 12 episodes (I have 8)
8. Peace Maker Kurogane – ? episodes (I have 17)
9. Ranma ½ – 162 episodes (I have 152, eventually buy the rest)
10. Sailor Moon SS – 64 episodes (I have 6)
11. Samurai Deeper Kyo – 26 episodes (I have 21)
12. Tenchi Universe – 26 episodes (I have 3)
13. Wolf’s Rain – 30 episodes (I have 26)

Animes other than these http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif