PDA

View Full Version : Clearing something up about Orochi

Insomniac
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:19 AM
ok now i've seen ALOT of people saying 'Orochimaru cant use his arms' i'd just like to clear that up in fact form

Q. But why can he use his arms again?
A. His new body

Q. Do you have evidence of him using his arms again?
A. Why yes i do, Chapter 201, Page 16 - hes resting his head on his palm.

Q. But why would he seek Tsunade if he could just change bodies?
A. Orochimaru said himself that even if Tsunade did not heal his arms "There is still another way"
It seems that Orochimaru did not want to swap bodies due to the fact that he couldnt swap again for another 3 yearish.

Uchiha
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:28 AM
okey, sound good to me but just one question....

How did he preform the Jutsu to switch body without his arms? I think you need to preform hand seals for that jutsu... Kabuto could maybe helped him but then again if he could help him then it was pointless for the 3rd to seal his arms and how would he transfer his soul if he would accept Kabuto's offer?

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:53 AM
we dont know anything about that jutsu. it is possible that it is perfromed by placing a seal like the cursed seal on a person, which is put there by biting. it is also possible that kabuto could do it. we dont know shit about that jutsu exept that it allows him to change bodies.

Chi Chi
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha @ Feb 17 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Kabuto could maybe helped him but then again if he could help him then it was pointless for the 3rd to seal his arms and how would he transfer his soul if he would accept Kabuto&#39;s offer? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The Third didn&#39;t know about the jutsu he has so he thought it would be final.

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:30 AM
when you read that part did you notice how orochimaru was a little kid but then used henge during the fight to look like his old self just to be nostalgic? he even told 3rd that he had succeded in the making of the immortality spell.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-17-2004, 07:46 AM
I don&#39;t think he used henged during the fight, he just has the ability to change his face/skin

He is after all most likely some kind of a monster just using a human being for a skin. After all his name is Orochimaru. If his last name is Kusanagi or something of that variation, I think he is most definetly something other than human.

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 07:59 AM
if im not mistaken totally that is kurenai&#39;s lastname. but i might be very wrong. yea i thought it probably wasnt henge but i just used it to simplify. what does kusanagi mean anyway?

EDIT: umm just wanted to say that kurenai&#39;s lastname is yuuhi. i dont know why i thought it was kusanagi.

wait now i know where i heard that http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif orochimaru&#39;s sword he pulls out of his mouth is called kusanagi. wasnt that the sword found in the yamata no orochi or what ever it was called, that mythological creature with eight heads or something.

Noonan
Wed, 02-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Isn&#39;t the Orochi a 7 or 8 headed serpent in japanese mythology?

(Cf. Dog warriors legend)

khaodessy
Wed, 02-18-2004, 04:39 AM
does anyone think oro will dye his hair. also if oro takes over a persons body and their mind goes in his subconcience then what happens after he leaves the body

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-18-2004, 08:20 AM
orchi is a multi headed snake, it&#39;s either three headed or just multi headed...

Yamata no orchi is a snake with 8 heads.

Snake alone is &#39;Habi&#39;

Raven
Wed, 02-18-2004, 08:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Feb 17 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> we dont know anything about that jutsu. it is possible that it is perfromed by placing a seal like the cursed seal on a person, which is put there by biting. it is also possible that kabuto could do it. we dont know shit about that jutsu exept that it allows him to change bodies. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
We saw him do it to the tournament winner, the Naruto/Gaara lookalike. He just opened his eyes really wide and sorta hypnotised him.

Vagabond
Wed, 02-18-2004, 10:36 AM
hm I though Orochi alone meant eight-headed serpent.

I dunno where you got maru meaning owner though. I thought it meant circle or full or something. i dunno.

PSJ
Wed, 02-18-2004, 10:48 AM
i dont really know much about this snake stuff all i know is that yamata no orochi is the 8 headed serpent thing and that kusanagi was found in it after the pricne of whoever he was slayed it.

Lithonite
Wed, 02-18-2004, 12:07 PM
as for why bdy switch did not require hand seals, can be answer in many ways but most evident is the fact that some jutsu do not seem to require hand seal. It is like that the cursed seal is 1 part of the total jutsu.
it is unlikely Kabuto performed the jutsu- as he was watching on the screen, and was rather disturbed by what he saw it seemed. One thing is for certain Orochimaru, has some strong jutsu at his disposal even without his arms, enough to boast his str against Jiraiya, and Kabuto.

In all honestly i dont believe its likely we have seen his true strength, even when he was fighting the 3rd. he was too smug, and lacked any real intesity until his arse was caught by the 3rd/4th&#39;s sealing jutsu

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-18-2004, 01:02 PM
The hit SNK series, the King of Fighters has something to do with these snake god(s) as well.

The two main characters are Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, who comes from a family with a cursed bloodline, this bloodline is called Orochi.

I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if something with these kinds of demons has to do with Orochimaru&#39;s origin. Maybe he got a book of the arcane arts or something as a child and realized that he was named Orochimaru for a reason.

I dunno long shot though

Power PMV
Wed, 02-18-2004, 01:05 PM
that&#39;s a good find. Btw, what does Orochimaru mean in Japanese? Does anyone know?

Insomniac
Wed, 02-18-2004, 01:20 PM
maru stands for ownership

Orochi for snake roughly

also theres the legendary snake Orochimaru who seeked immortality in japanese mithology

Power PMV
Wed, 02-18-2004, 01:23 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Feb 18 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> maru stands for ownership

Orochi for snake roughly

also theres the legendary snake Orochimaru who seeked immortality in japanese mithology </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
interesting, do you think that snake Orochimaru is some sort of demon like the Nine Tails in Naruto? And that Orochimaru was possesed by it in some way?