PDA

View Full Version : You all need to see this

TheEvil1
Mon, 02-16-2004, 08:59 AM
http://dongato.dyndns.org/c2bf.htm ('http://dongato.dyndns.org/c2bf.htm')

JessiA
Mon, 02-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Someone posted a similiar thread in these forums (not neccesarily this section) before. I can't find it though.

If someone can find it, please post the link to the related thread.

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm not certain, but I believe that other thread was locked due to the discussion centering on illegally breaking the encryption.

That said, I've never been %100 in support of fansubs. They are permissible to be sure, and even encouraged by some groups, but that doesn't always make them legal or the right path to take.

Fansubs allow anime to enter American shores (and our friends in Europe and across the world) where it would normally never come due to fickle American distributors. Unfortunetly, so many people have gotten accustomed to downloading anime for free that I encounter an ever-increasing number that want to download all anime for free (regardless of liscenses).

The site that you have linked seems to push the boundaries of legallity across national borders. It provides a disclaimer at the bottom saying that it is probably illegal in the U.S. and I can't imagine that it would be legal in Japan.

As much as I love my fansubs, I don't think I could support them if it meant doing something like this.

Legendary Nin
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Well look at it this way.What will all the Naruto fans do when it turns May.Yeah,what will happen to Gotwoot.Without Naruto,Full Metal Alchemist,and other series,there won't be a Gotwoot.I say support it,not only will you keep fansubs alive,you will also keep GW alive as well.

TheEvil1
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:39 AM
what happens in May Legendary Nin?

Legendary Nin
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Click the link.It tells you about the new signal they are going to use that will prevent fansubbing.

Mgslee
Mon, 02-16-2004, 12:43 PM
I might have misread something but I dont see how this prevents fansubbing in the slightest...

From what I can tell all it does is prevent people from stealing there digital (so satelite?) signals...

Fansubbing will continue as normal, its just that fan sub groups will need to have raw providers from people who live in Japan.

Rock Lee
Tue, 02-17-2004, 02:22 AM
The last thread about this had already stated a possible solution to the new technology that was being used to encrypt the signal. personally this seems to shady to me, I personally will not support it becuase i despise that cycle theft programs like that. Second of all i don't see how this if gonna affect sites like saiyaman.net who get the TV locally (asia) so there no need for them to get a seperate decrypt key. If you a long time member you also know ANBU/Aone use jap windows and a p2p program to pull their raws... its not terribly difficult and its not like most fan group at all rely upon americans with jap tv or europeans for that matter to provide the raw footage. It comes straight from the source the wonderful east. Thats my 2 cents on the matter.

XwingRob
Tue, 02-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Guys, don't worry.
Life will find.... a way. *sniffs

Legendary Nin
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mgslee @ Feb 17 2004, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I might have misread something but I dont see how this prevents fansubbing in the slightest...

From what I can tell all it does is prevent people from stealing there digital (so satelite?) signals...

Fansubbing will continue as normal, its just that fan sub groups will need to have raw providers from people who live in Japan. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You just said why it prevents it.Prevent doesn&#39;t mean stopping.

NoKKiE
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:38 AM
for those people who don&#39;t really understand or are too lazy... they aren&#39;t trying to prevent anything, they are uniting computer processing power to break encryption code.. the more computing power they have the more likely they will break the encryption code...

anyhow you could help if you want but it wouldn&#39;t really help out distribution of anime that much O_o

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 02-17-2004, 01:10 PM
sukx

migawari
Tue, 02-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Seems pretty shady to me.