PDA

View Full Version : Asuma kicked ass

Superman
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:27 AM
I knew that the one hiding up in the tree was not going to be a sound ninja ready to kill Shikamaru, but I thought it was going to be Shino up there. That would have made much more sense. While I do think it was cool for Asuma to beat so much ass, I think it would have been better if it had been Shino. Shino should have had chakra-sucking bugs come down and swarm them all right befor Shikamaru's stamina failed.

That would be a hell of an ambush... Shikamaru freezing them all with kagemane and letting Shino's bugs swarm them. He could release them all from kagemane after like one second and let the bugs do all the work. That way he could conserve his chakra.

The two of them would make an amazing team.

jing
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Dude, that was a sound ninja. Remember Shikamaru threw kunais at 8 people so he can figure out where the 9th sound ninja was, and it leads to the tree.
n the sound ninja also said "hey if you're ready to come down, chop his head off while ur at it " or something. but that definitely was a sound nin.

Lys
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:36 AM
... Yeah, it was originally a Sound Nin, till Asuma got there. In any case, all is as Kishimoto wishes and what's written is written. Shino'll have to show his skillZ another time. And how would we ever know how cool Asuma was if we didn't get to see that fight?

KakashiSensei
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lys @ Feb 16 2004, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ... Yeah, it was originally a Sound Nin, till Asuma got there. In any case, all is as Kishimoto wishes and what&#39;s written is written. Shino&#39;ll have to show his skillZ another time. And how would we ever know how cool Asuma was if we didn&#39;t get to see that fight? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree with Lys, they have to give air time to quite a few people and its hard to see how cool or good someone is till they actually show us. I mean c&#39;mon we knew Gai was fast and strong, BUT MAN he was FAST AND STRONG AS HELL

Power PMV
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:42 AM
yeah, Asuma&#39;s style was badass. He should have used his cigarrette for some jutsu like a smoke cloud or something, that would have been even more badass.

jing
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:49 AM
i almost could feel the impact when his brass knuckles met that soun-nin&#39;s face. i could feel the intensity.

Destiny
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:01 AM
I agree that Shino wouldve been kooler and hav fit in with the situation much better as well. I was waiting for him too...
Asuma&#39;s kool as well tho, so i aint complaining.

itachi_
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I think Asuma has one of the most Psysically bodies along with Baki, those are the only ones over 80 kg so far. that&#39;s maybe his advantage, that he can use tai-jutsu with his heavy body... and they are probably over 6&#39;2-6&#39;3

Exept the fattys, i meant well-trained.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:27 AM
yeah, i too see him as one of those big-bodied people...i guess his specialty is in taijutsu eh? he seems like the boxer type person. fighting style is badasss i loved it.

PSJ
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:31 AM
yea and those knifes he had was really cool. wouldnt it be good for him to teach naruto that kind of fighting? naruto got an ultra rough fighting style and asuma got a rough style to but better movements and such.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Mon, 02-16-2004, 09:31 AM
naruto hsould be trained by the other jounins like gai&#39;s power and speed adn asuma&#39;s kickass taijutsu with brass knucles. and kakashi should teach naruto some jutsus especailly since kakashi has thousands and naruto is skilled in learning diffuclt jutsus pretty quickly. like the kage bunshin no jutsu.

naruto is pretty awesome and should learn more

Arctyc
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei @ Feb 16 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I agree with Lys, they have to give air time to quite a few people and its hard to see how cool or good someone is till they actually show us. I mean c&#39;mon we knew Gai was fast and strong, BUT MAN he was FAST AND STRONG AS HELL </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I find it interesting how the homage to Bruce Lee is found both in Rock Lee &amp; Guy -- his action in episode 69 seemed to be a showcase of the ninja world&#39;s power-development taijutsu, a literal &quot;One Inch Punch&quot;.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM
sorry arctyc but its gai not guy.

my father has been studying jeet kwon do and knows the one inch punch and it is an amazing techniuqe. he does it on milk gallons and can move them like 10 ft on counters. its an amazing thing and i have lately have started to learn hgow to perform it.

Everon
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Kakashi @ Feb 16 2004, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> sorry arctyc but its gai not guy.

my father has been studying jeet kwon do and knows the one inch punch and it is an amazing techniuqe. he does it on milk gallons and can move them like 10 ft on counters. its an amazing thing and i have lately have started to learn hgow to perform it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Jeet Kwon Do? Is that similar to Tae Kwon Do

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 02-16-2004, 11:29 AM
I can&#39;t tell if you&#39;re being sarcastic or not

Anyway Jeet Kune Do is amazing i would love to see more of Asuma because he seems like he does assbeatings like that all the time.

Rock Lee
Mon, 02-16-2004, 11:58 AM
And all this time i thought it was &quot;Jeet Kun Do&quot; how silly of me http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Asuma ownz us all with his gorilla like Taijutsu it was neat to watch.

sangai
Mon, 02-16-2004, 11:58 AM
asuma kicked ass totally but i did think that his inverse blades where a bit thick they where more like brass nuckles with a spike and no blade i thought that they would be sharper

Xollence
Mon, 02-16-2004, 12:22 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Superman @ Feb 16 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I knew that the one hiding up in the tree was not going to be a sound ninja ready to kill Shikamaru, but I thought it was going to be Shino up there. That would have made much more sense. While I do think it was cool for Asuma to beat so much ass, I think it would have been better if it had been Shino. Shino should have had chakra-sucking bugs come down and swarm them all right befor Shikamaru&#39;s stamina failed.

That would be a hell of an ambush... Shikamaru freezing them all with kagemane and letting Shino&#39;s bugs swarm them. He could release them all from kagemane after like one second and let the bugs do all the work. That way he could conserve his chakra.

The two of them would make an amazing team. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think Shino would&#39;ve been able to take 8 chunnin level ninjas by himself. I liked how Asuma showed up because it shows us how big of a difference there is between a Jounin and a Chunin.

Dreamer
Tue, 02-17-2004, 05:40 AM
keep in mind who shino was to fight in the chuunin exam. he and his bugs with his ability to communicate with them.

ssjtrunks585
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:23 AM
i was thinking the same thing, Dreamer...what if Shino was after Kankurou because he gave up. I dont read ahead in the mangas, so i&#39;m sorry if its a spoiler (i honestly do not know if it is or not), but someone in the next ep has strings in their mouth...although it doesn&#39;t look like Kankurou, and...oh i&#39;ve gone cross-eyed http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Naruto
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dreamer @ Feb 17 2004, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> keep in mind who shino was to fight in the chuunin exam. he and his bugs with his ability to communicate with them. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
only a small question http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
who made ur sig-pic http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif

TeLeKiNeSiS
Tue, 02-17-2004, 01:09 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Feb 16 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Superman &#064; Feb 16 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I knew that the one hiding up in the tree was not going to be a sound ninja ready to kill Shikamaru, but I thought it was going to be Shino up there. That would have made much more sense. While I do think it was cool for Asuma to beat so much ass, I think it would have been better if it had been Shino. Shino should have had chakra-sucking bugs come down and swarm them all right befor Shikamaru&#39;s stamina failed.

That would be a hell of an ambush... Shikamaru freezing them all with kagemane and letting Shino&#39;s bugs swarm them. He could release them all from kagemane after like one second and let the bugs do all the work. That way he could conserve his chakra.

The two of them would make an amazing team. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think Shino would&#39;ve been able to take 8 chunnin level ninjas by himself. I liked how Asuma showed up because it shows us how big of a difference there is between a Jounin and a Chunin. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yeah you&#39;re definitely right about that. i didnt think of that at first...but wow, yes there is a pretty big difference huh?

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 02-17-2004, 01:13 PM
asuma owned all those sound nins ass, but i think that if shino came theyu wouldnt have a fighitng chance, bc that nin that was in the tree couldve been a jounin adn those other sound nins that was alrady down there were alredy getting readint o own shikamarus ass as soon as the bind was loosened, so asuma being there would have been better tehn shino bc they mioght have lost if shino came, anyways i think that shino will have his own part later in teh anime