PDA

View Full Version : Planetes

Fumoffu
Mon, 02-16-2004, 10:47 AM
someone watchs this show?
If someone does, I just wanted to understand, what is this federation that is on earth and making troubles there?

Munsu
Mon, 03-20-2006, 07:46 AM
I just realized that I never got a chance to discuss this anime, though at this point I've pretty much forgotten what happened in the series. Back when I watched it, it really became one of my favorite series. Starts with a bit of comedy, then after a couple of episodes, the action and romance kicks in and it becomes really good. I was hoping there would be a short ova or a second season, just to see how the final mission concludes.

Anyone here watched the series?

Tsukasa
Mon, 03-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Haven't watched this but a friend of mine has and he has said nothing but good things about this series. Will have to stop slacking and watch this now :)

Bung
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Fumoffu, the "terrorists" in the show are the Space Defence Front. Im not sure how far into the series you are, but Ep 12 explains a bit about it. They are not happy that humans simply changed from oil to helium3, they wanted a change in the way humans lived instead of just using up another resource.

Hope that helps, enjoy the series, its good stuff.

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Fumoffu finished the series already, as he posted that 2 years ago.

Bung
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
woops, was on the first page, didnt really think about it >.<

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Bud's recommendation... haven't been steered wrong often by those...

Who subs it and how long is it and all that jazz?

edit: omfg it's Bung!

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:22 PM
ANBU subbed a lot of it, its 26 eps long, and is a very 'realistic' series.

A great watch.

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I got ANBU subs. Though I haven't yet had time to even start the series (was too busy with older dls, but this one is next). But somehow ANBU sounded like something that you can't go wrong with... Oh, the normal 26 eps.

Btw, what exactly are Bud's recommendations? He has a track record of posting maybe 90% of all new series... Broad kind of recommendations!

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't recommend every series I post a thread on, mostly I post threads of new series regardless if I think they'll be good or not, when I recommend something you w&#237;ll know.

As for subs, I got the ANBU version myself, though I usually haven't been to fond of them... Pretty sure this was translated by crustol, so at least the translations should be good. I don't remember much of the quality of their release otherwise since it has been a while since I've seen it.

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Quite a harebrained female lead... But after 3 eps it looks like a decent enough series. I would like to say realistic, but I have to say the technology used doesn't look like 70 years from now, maybe 20, if even that. Dunno why they were so conservative. But it's not bad to watch realistic space fiction every now and then.

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 07:36 PM
As I said earlier, it starts a bit silly... the real charm and plot of the series doesn't start for another 10 or so episodes.

seanos
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to this now
*shakes fist at wireless broadband with 30% loss*

seanos
Mon, 03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Started this a couple of days ago - must admit fairly impressed.
It does seem fairly slow starting - but it's not boring/mundane, which I find some can be, fair few amusing moments to keep you going.

Just saw Episode 6 (Ninja), which thought was very well done.
I'd say will finish this fairly quick - very easy to watch, nicely done anime.

Kraco
Tue, 03-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Oh... I forgot to report back here. I finished this series already on sunday. Bud was absolutely right. Very nice series, especially after the pace gets really getting up after ep 10 or so. It's not like I didn't enjoy the first eps as well, they were very good anime, but the two last thirds certainly had much to offer.

One interesting thing about this show was that there weren't any super heroes in relation to the bigger plot. Or perhaps that also depends on how you define the plot. In the end this series might have had only a bunch of smaller stories - each person had his own. And they were the heroes of their own smaller plots.

Aye, the story as a whole left a very life like and realistic feeling. I suppose it also means there weren't really many bigger than life experiences in this show, but it's very cool to watch this type of anime every now and then.

The only thing I would have liked to be different is Hakim. They should have been more subtle. Now his path was was a bit too obvious too early.

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Glad you liked it, this is a great anime. I didn't think much of it when I first started watching it, though it was kinda fun. I wish there was an OVA detailing the Jupiter mission.