PDA

View Full Version : Does Shika have a new technique?

Everon
Sun, 02-15-2004, 04:37 AM
To think that everyone else has a new technique or another (cept Neji, he be like, BITCH, DON'T NEED NO NEW JUTSU TO KICK YO ASS) and shika not have some new technique. I thought he was learning something new from his father (Choji - Shika speech before they left). Any thoughts on what it might be? A new and improved shadow imitation?

edit:whee 200 posts!

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-15-2004, 04:41 AM
my guess is that he can tie shadows with other shadows, and can lock the shadow imamtion at some level.

i doubt he'll have a 'killing' jutsu at any point of the story, and i also doubt he'll have some 'instant' trapping jutsu.

my theorey is that he'll send his shadows between tayuya and her ogers and lock them down in a position that if one moves then it causes a chain reaction that gets all of them, and then he'll run to help naruto against Kiminaru.

anyway, it has to be something simple but smart.

Everon
Sun, 02-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Well I think he just need to immitate the person with a flute. Once he's under shika control, he'll imitate the flute and make the summons kill him.

PSJ
Sun, 02-15-2004, 05:39 AM
umm the only one this far that got a new jutsu is kiba, chouji got akaimichi pills and neji didnt have anything new.. shika is supposed to have a move called shadow neck bind or so i heard which breaks the neck of the person you catch.

Insomniac
Sun, 02-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Shika learnt the shadow neck bind off his father awhile ago, just hasnt used it.
he uses it in the ps2 game though

PSJ
Sun, 02-15-2004, 08:01 AM
ok well then thats his new jutsu i dont think he got anything newer..

ricefarmer
Sun, 02-15-2004, 08:18 AM
he's going to get a kyubi or a sharingan is my best guess

Iznogoud
Sun, 02-15-2004, 08:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Feb 15 2004, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> my theorey is that he&#39;ll send his shadows between tayuya and her ogers and lock them down in a position that if one moves then it causes a chain reaction that gets all of them, and then he&#39;ll run to help naruto against Kiminaru.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Would kick ass &#33;
If he can just trap some guys then leave then he can do that when on a mission and the other nins kill them for him(he&#39;s too lazy anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif )

Insomniac
Sun, 02-15-2004, 08:52 AM
the jutsu requires Shika to stick around while its active, otherwise he would have left with Naruto away from Tayuya in the first place.
hes stalling Tayuya to make sure she doesnt catch up to Naruto, hes not trying to beat her

SirCharlesIII
Sun, 02-15-2004, 09:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ricefarmer @ Feb 15 2004, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> he&#39;s going to get a kyubi or a sharingan is my best guess </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i hope you&#39;re joking..

Raven
Sun, 02-15-2004, 10:16 AM
It&#39;ll definitely be the shadow neck bind... no doubt about it.

Insomniac
Sun, 02-15-2004, 10:29 AM
although Shika isnt the killing type, i wonder what hes going to do - i doubt he&#39;ll break her neck.
most likely he&#39;ll kill of the summons at least then give Tayuya a speach

Raven
Sun, 02-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I&#39;d say that although the neck bind is his new move, he&#39;ll find a way to use it somehow without killing her. He won&#39;t kill, he&#39;s not the type.

xtort
Sun, 02-15-2004, 11:26 AM
I&#39;ve always thought it&#39;d be &quot;beyond pimp&quot; if Shikamaru could detach his shadow and have it fight for him. There&#39;s some really cool stuff that could happen as a result. Combine that move (detached shadow) with the shadow neck bind, and man... whoever he&#39;s fighting is screwed.

Anyways, I&#39;m hoping he beats her with intelligence and forethought only.

As a non-Shika-related sidenote, I realized that Neji doesn&#39;t use ninjutsu or genjutsu, just taijutsu and his genius blood, unless the heavenly spin is a ninjutsu.

Well... &lt;/2cents&gt;

-xtortout

SirCharlesIII
Sun, 02-15-2004, 11:41 AM
no one uses genjutsu, not since back in the forest of death

pavi
Sun, 02-15-2004, 11:59 AM
chouji has sum new jutsus
theyre all jsut based off of size
multi size arm
shuriken multisize
ultimate multisize

Rothman
Sun, 02-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I reckon Shikamaru will just run away since he is so good at it........and they is no point fighting Tayuya. Maybe run all the way back to Konoha Village so 5th Hokage can finish Tayuya off for Shikamaru..

Insomniac
Mon, 02-16-2004, 02:12 AM
only jounins seem to use genjutsu, other then that the only genins that have were mist nin. (excluding Kabuto)
it seems that genins cant get powerful genjutsu without being weak in another area.

Everon
Mon, 02-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Well those Chuunins way back at the begining of the exams used Genjutsu. All signs show that its probably neck bind, but it doesn&#39;t seem to be that great of a skill.

Yondaime
Mon, 02-16-2004, 05:14 AM
I think Shikamaru doesn&#39;t that big a chakra level than his father who used the shadow neck bind during his fight with the sound and the sand nins. but who knows shika might do it by wasting all his chakra for his trump card. Coz that has been the trend in this Sasukay saga. Everyone&#39;s been using their last bit of the chakra to beat off the 4 sound nin. I mean come on imagine a shadow hand creaps up to tayyua&#39;s neck and breaks it even grabs it really tight that she can&#39;t ues the flute anymore...obviously the summons are gonna disappear because she&#39;ll release the jutsu. and than shika just might impress Tayuya so much with his intelligence that she&#39;ll be shocked to death....hahha that would be...cool

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Arctyc
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:00 AM
The key to the Shikamaru fight is pretty blatantly obvious. Unless Kishimoto wants to throw another curveball, the answer lies in Tayuya&#39;s Flute. He&#39;s figured out that she&#39;s controlling the summons with it; now he has to figure out how. Once he does that, if he catches her with Kagemane, it&#39;s over.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-16-2004, 06:46 AM
It would be cool if Shika used neck binding on Tatuya ,i know he is not the killing type but he is a ninja and his job is to kill why not learn early how to kill http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Yondaime
Mon, 02-16-2004, 07:05 AM
obviously Tayuya still has to go level 2 curse....because all other did that... but one thing i can think of that shika can try is....get hold of Tayuya with his shadow bind....and we know during shadow bind the target reacts the same way as the user.....hmm so...he can make tayuya throw the flute to himself or make tayuya break it...hmmm well we are not sure if tayuya has a spare flute....but its higly unlikely that she would...since she won&#39;t be expecting it....once he does that Tayuya won&#39;t be able to control the summons...so that would take care of the level 1 curse.....ofcourse after that Tayuya will go level 2....than we don&#39;t know whats gonna happen.....or what sort of form she&#39;ll take.

Insomniac
Mon, 02-16-2004, 08:37 AM
we&#39;re still yet to see Tayuya&#39;s &#39;demonic&#39; form

i really dont know how Shika can deal with these summons and then her once she gets to level 2 with just shadows? he really needs some destructive moves to be able to win this, shadow bind just stalls mainly (which i guess hes trying to do in the first place)

PSJ
Mon, 02-16-2004, 09:07 AM
well shika will probably use the trees to his advantage those big fat summons shouldnt be able to move well in the trees...

jing
Mon, 02-16-2004, 09:46 AM
i think shika could easily shadow bind the giants, think about it, the giants react my listening to the flute, however they aren&#39;t smart enough to dodge shadows. control the giants n turn them against tayuya.

i don&#39;t think shikamaru can play the flute even if he had one. just cuz hes a super genius doesn&#39;t make him genius in playing music. Like an inexperienced person can&#39;t just pick up a Clarinet n start to play it like an expert...

edit: but once shika does bind Tayuya, it stops the giants as well since the music would have stopped. shika doesn&#39;t need anything destructive. all he has to do is throw a bomb infront of tayuya and win =P. he had <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> a move like that in the PS2 game.</span> and his dad might have taught him the neck breaking move.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 02-16-2004, 01:32 PM
hmm maybe he does, i mean hes weak but hes a smart ass bastard, imean his iq was over 200 for god sakes, im guessing that his new teh would pro;;y have someting to do with his surroundings, like the shadows and shit that are in the surrounding area

Lithonite
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:20 AM
we nkow he has a new technique. when Naruo returned after finding Tsunade/the 5th. his father mentions something about praticing some new jutsu. might have been in the morning they left actually- but if its practice then he had alreay learned it.

Yondaime
Tue, 02-17-2004, 06:54 AM
And we know Shika lacks in chakra strength.....so the last move he&#39;ll use his last bit of chakra and than die.....i hope not...but....atleast break that bitch&#39;s neck...

Mut
Tue, 02-17-2004, 08:23 AM
why.

tayuya is gonna be like &quot;i&#39;m too hot to turn into lvl 2. i&#39;ma go whore myself, cya&quot;

w3rd.

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 08:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Feb 18 2004, 01:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> why.

tayuya is gonna be like &quot;i&#39;m too hot to turn into lvl 2. i&#39;ma go whore myself, cya&quot;

w3rd. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
you are not..........normal.

i agrre with that shikamaru doesnt seem to be the guy that gets injured at all... he will probably think of a way to unarm her from that weird flute and then escape.

Uberbaka
Tue, 02-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Maybe during her 2nd seal level she turns into a gigantic flute&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Seriously though.. I&#39;m guessing shika will get her flute somehow (neck binding the flute? =P) and then she&#39;ll turn into her 2nd level which involves some kind of instrument built into her body... that would be nifty...

Vagabond
Tue, 02-17-2004, 08:54 AM
But do you really think the flute is Tayuya&#39;s only weapon? It&#39;s not like she would be defenseless if she somehow lost her flute.

Anyways i don&#39;t think Shikamaru will be able to win. All he&#39;ll probably do is halt tayuya thus giving naruto more time with kimimaro.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:02 AM
as someone said before, the flute is probably the key to his victory... maybe he&#39;ll shadow bind her and make her break the flute so the summons will turn against her, and then she&#39;ll go level 2 to kill the three ogers and Shika will escape in the meantime...

somehow, i can&#39;t see him getting beat down to half dead state like the rest of the genins...

PSJ
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:07 AM
hmm i dont know the flute might be her only weapon i mean the others only showed 1 weapon. basicly anyway jiroubou had his super strength, kidoumaru had his traps and shit and from what we have seen sakon got ukon and some weird jutsu to fuse with ppl. it is possible for tayuya to only have the flute.

Power PMV
Tue, 02-17-2004, 10:36 AM
maybe she has some genjutsu with her flute, like a really advanced version of Kin&#39;s bells. After all, Tayuya is the first of the sound 4 to actually use some &quot;sound weapon&quot; like the 3 genins did.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Tue, 02-17-2004, 11:09 AM
he is too smart to get hurt, he could think of so many ways to defeat tayuya.

cant wait to see her level 2. maybe she will turn into an ogre. i doubt it.

hehe http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

SirCharlesIII
Tue, 02-17-2004, 11:23 AM
i think the main reason behind shika&#39;s not getting hurt thing is that he never has, and if he did, i dont think he&#39;d be able to take much, so thatss why everyone doesnt see him as &#39;hurtable&#39;...if he got hurt at all, it&#39;d probably lay him flat, and then he&#39;d die, so i dont think its a possiblity. he wont get hurt, i hope http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Power PMV
Tue, 02-17-2004, 11:33 AM
actually Tayuya is among the sound 4 the weakest against Shikamaru (if her only ability is to control the summonings) cuz Shikamaru can just learn the way the flute works, bind Tayuya and make her ugly ass summonings kill her.

Raven
Tue, 02-17-2004, 11:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Feb 17 2004, 08:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> somehow, i can&#39;t see him getting beat down to half dead state like the rest of the genins... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yeah, that&#39;s what I always thought.

Somehow I think he&#39;ll escape uninjured. It just sorta seems...... wrong..... for him to get hurt, for some reason. Don&#39;t ask me why.

Assertn
Wed, 02-18-2004, 07:01 AM
well......considering the trend.......he HAS to beat her in some way that nearly kills him as well.....

considering that he feels the same impact delivered to the victum of his jutsu, i would think that he would indeed catch her in his shadow, have her command the summons to attack her, and then shikamaru and her both would recieve serious wounds

i mean cmon....all the other genin&#39;s are doin it.....why cant shika sacrifice himself too??

Power PMV
Wed, 02-18-2004, 07:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Feb 18 2004, 06:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well......considering the trend.......he HAS to beat her in some way that nearly kills him as well.....

considering that he feels the same impact delivered to the victum of his jutsu, i would think that he would indeed catch her in his shadow, have her command the summons to attack her, and then shikamaru and her both would recieve serious wounds

i mean cmon....all the other genin&#39;s are doin it.....why cant shika sacrifice himself too?? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
he doesn&#39;t feel the impacts. Ino is the one that does. Remember during the preliminaries how he made Kin smash her head against a wall? Nothing happened to him.

Raven
Wed, 02-18-2004, 09:00 AM
He has to fight the woman, it&#39;s his signature. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Lucky she&#39;s such a good match for him.

Parappa
Wed, 02-18-2004, 12:05 PM
He will mary her. Think about it. Shikamaru&#39;s dream is to have a normal easy-going life and marry a normal (read obedient) woman. And now he&#39;ll get stuck with Tayuya... poor Shika http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

BakaShinji
Wed, 02-18-2004, 12:27 PM
yea i remember that - read my shika&#39;s shadow thread in the anime section.

someone said that naruto punching gaara hurt shika...

the animators really fudged this thing up....

Arctyc
Thu, 02-19-2004, 03:19 AM
Actually, it isn&#39;t so much a matter of being messed up, but rather a complex relationship.

When Shikamaru smacked Kin against the wall, he followed her movements, but he did not have a wall to get smacked against -- hence his head just stopped sharply, no injury done.

However, while he controls the mimicked movement, both bodies need to move in the same manner. So when Naruto punched Gaara, the movement it made in Gaara (sharply back and to one side) was translated through the Shadow Imitation. Shika didn&#39;t need to feel the actual punch, just the disconcerting movement of almost slipping a disc.

chaos4ever
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arctyc @ Feb 19 2004, 03:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Actually, it isn&#39;t so much a matter of being messed up, but rather a complex relationship.

When Shikamaru smacked Kin against the wall, he followed her movements, but he did not have a wall to get smacked against -- hence his head just stopped sharply, no injury done.

However, while he controls the mimicked movement, both bodies need to move in the same manner. So when Naruto punched Gaara, the movement it made in Gaara (sharply back and to one side) was translated through the Shadow Imitation. Shika didn&#39;t need to feel the actual punch, just the disconcerting movement of almost slipping a disc. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
good reasoning there. heh.. slipping discs..

well, my question is this: is it possible to have him shadowbind other people and have them fight for him? if so, he could probably use that on the summoned giants and at least have them fight for him, trumping the flute technique. a bit of a stretch, but still possible. unfortunately, he only has five minutes of shadow time, and it looks like he used up about 30sec-1min of it already... Tayuya has yet to go to level 2 himself... (btw, didn&#39;t the Inane translation say that Tayuya was a guy?)

Mut
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:30 AM
tayuya is a girl&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Everon
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:32 AM
yeah i&#39;m pretty sure he&#39;s a guy. The only girl I thought was Sakon...or is that Ukon? Meh one of them

Vagabond
Sat, 02-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Ukon and sakon are guys, tayuya is a girl. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

oni roh
Sat, 02-21-2004, 10:13 AM
my memory is a little fuzzy but wasn&#39;t tayuya the one that kimimaro ( &lt;-- that right?) said that he will definitly kill after everything is over? maybe this will somehow factor into the tayuya vs shika fight. who knows maybe knowing he is going to die he lets shika go http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif its somewhat a stretch but i&#39;m hoping it explains that (if it already hasn&#39;t and i&#39;m too stupid to notice) but its just a thought.