PDA

View Full Version : more seeders for eps 70

Kumiriko
Fri, 02-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Well i know i should have downloaded the second it came out but i dint. can i get some more people to seed this? it is going kinda slow. any seeders be grate

itachi_
Fri, 02-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Well, there are already enough seeders to provide everyone... Because of all leechers, gotwoot are beeing slowed down..

Dungwader
Fri, 02-13-2004, 08:43 AM
I know that I downloaded 22% of episode 70 easily enough but my download and upload has been stuck at 0 for the last hour...

Aegis Runestone
Fri, 02-13-2004, 08:46 AM
I can't get a single seeder and sometimes I get a message that says: "Operation timed out" >_<

Okay... I need some help here.

Everon
Fri, 02-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Currently there are over 2000 seeders so that shouldn't be a prob

Vagabond
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:02 AM
2000 seeders? or leechers?
Anyways i can seed for bakasan 70. If you want that. But i would assume you want anbu/aone since it is out.
Actually didn't they pull it back? I dunno if anyone can d/l anbu/aone.

Kakashi-Senpai
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:12 AM
If you are complaining, go to aone&#39;s mirc channel and get it. Its <u>much</u> faster there.

Aegis Runestone
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Well i&#39;m in there... and everyone is saying: &quot;Go d/l it off the main page.&quot;

O_o

I&#39;m getting sent in circles&#33;

itachi_
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Just go to irc @ #animeone. type /msg AonE|botname xdcc send #. to get packet number writhe /msg AonE|botname xdcc list. That&#39;s very easy... And you&#39;ll get around maximum download speed.

Aegis Runestone
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanx, itachi&#33; That&#39;s very helpful&#33; Whoa.... #animeone has 3000+ chatters o.o That&#39;s quite a bit. o.o

L8r
Fri, 02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
my download has stoped at 97% http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif
&quot;problem connecting to tracker&quot;

To Young
Fri, 02-13-2004, 11:19 AM
I think there are plenty of seeders.

May be it is tracker problem. lookes like it is overloaded.
I can&#39;t connect to tracker at all.

sangai
Fri, 02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
im at 0.6 percent at 0k a sec so it will take a while before i can get this

Kumiriko
Fri, 02-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Mine stopped at 99.8% and it runs. that was odd but i got the error. anywas

Noir
Fri, 02-13-2004, 12:02 PM
I stopped at 57% to shut my PC down as I left for work. Came back, resumed, and yeah error, error, error, (you know problem connect with tracker)... ooh 4th time I got the error, Ah hopefully it&#39;ll be done by morn.

Dan Mc
Sat, 02-14-2004, 02:12 AM
well I decided to goto IRC, but im getting people uploading the file from me now, so ill leave it open for now an maybe a few days to help others out...

hiroshi
Sat, 02-14-2004, 02:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlight &#064; Feb 14 2004, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> When I started trying to download #70, the tracker was giving me 30-40x the same IP (69.56.211.107) which traced back to an IP owned by &quot;ThePlanet.com&quot;, which happens to be the co-location company where GotWoot is hosted from - I wonder what this was all about.

If it weren&#39;t for the fact that the &#39;junk&#39; IPs that filled the tracker were from the same co-location company that hosts GotWoot, I would have thought this was a DoS of some sort... but unless the tracker is brain-dead, this should not be happening unless it was due to an internal issue - at least not with what appeared to be internal IPs.

Well, it looks like the tracker was restarted moments ago... let&#39;s see if the oddities will come back. So far, I am seeing a much more sane 2-3 IPs that start with 69. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s probably due to the fact we&#39;ve actually run out of possible IP Addresses in our current system. That&#39;s why Microsoft have developed the IP v6 now. However, a lot of people arn&#39;t using IP v6 because of course everyone else is using IP v5 (The current system).

IP v6 was either going to be a Hexadecimal system instead of a standard number system, or it was just going to have another point added in. I think, in the end Microsoft decided to simply add another point rather than move to the Hexadecimal system.

Conflicting IP Addresses means someone is using an Illegal IP Address, and it hasn&#39;t been properly authorised by the correct people for usage. Someone isn&#39;t doing their job properly http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Edit:
Ok, forget what i just said. I misunderstood what you had typed. =.=;

SirCharlesIII
Sat, 02-14-2004, 03:18 AM
moved to BT support

Moonlight
Sat, 02-14-2004, 08:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That&#39;s probably due to the fact we&#39;ve actually run out of possible IP Addresses in our current system. That&#39;s why Microsoft have developed the IP v6 now. However, a lot of people arn&#39;t using IP v6 because of course everyone else is using IP v5 (The current system).</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Unless the transition from IPv4 to IPv5 was so transparent that nobody ever noticed it, I am pretty sure most people are still using IPv4 since there is no such thing as IPv5 AFAIK.

Also, IPv6 is not a Microsoft thing, it is an IETF thing and Microsoft is not in much of a hurry to implement full support for it, just like almost everyone else.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Ok, forget what i just said. I misunderstood what you had typed. =.=;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

It happens all the time http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

In any case, the reason why yesterday&#39;s Naruto release was doing so badly is because duplicate/erroneous/expired &quot;peer&quot; entries (apparently from within GotWoot&#39;s hosting) accounted for the majority of them. Things cleared up when the tracker was restarted/reset.

I thought most trackers would at least have some code to prevent one IP from occuring 100+ times with different Client IDs. IMO, this makes for a fairly effective DoS attack on any tracker that does not do so, as we have seen yesterday. (Intentional or not, only the end-result matters - the tracker was useless until it was reset either way.)

hiroshi
Sat, 02-14-2004, 09:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlight @ Feb 15 2004, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That&#39;s probably due to the fact we&#39;ve actually run out of possible IP Addresses in our current system. That&#39;s why Microsoft have developed the IP v6 now. However, a lot of people arn&#39;t using IP v6 because of course everyone else is using IP v5 (The current system).</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Unless the transition from IPv4 to IPv5 was so transparent that nobody ever noticed it, I am pretty sure most people are still using IPv4 since there is no such thing as IPv5 AFAIK.

Also, IPv6 is not a Microsoft thing, it is an IETF thing and Microsoft is not in much of a hurry to implement full support for it, just like almost everyone else.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Ok, forget what i just said. I misunderstood what you had typed. =.=;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

It happens all the time http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

In any case, the reason why yesterday&#39;s Naruto release was doing so badly is because duplicate/erroneous/expired &quot;peer&quot; entries (apparently from within GotWoot&#39;s hosting) accounted for the majority of them. Things cleared up when the tracker was restarted/reset.

I thought most trackers would at least have some code to prevent one IP from occuring 100+ times with different Client IDs. IMO, this makes for a fairly effective DoS attack on any tracker that does not do so, as we have seen yesterday. (Intentional or not, only the end-result matters - the tracker was useless until it was reset either way.) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
*blinks*
*Stares at post.*

*thinks all this over in his head*
Wth?

*Admits certain things:*
I presumed we were already using v5, seeing as v6 was simply released without any notification of v5 in the first place.

I also presumed that Microsoft played a part in the development of v6, due to the fact that they were one of the first to send out the v6 patch to download via their update website. With this in mind, seeing as they&#39;re offering the patch on the update website, it would also lead you to conclude that they are beginning to support the system. However i did state that a lot of people aren&#39;t using it because nobody else is, thus the idea that no-one is really offering to support it, was mentioned by my post and verified by your post.

However.....
I am rather perplexed and confused now of this issue. For instance, just what the hell happened to v5 in the first place? And why did Microsoft offer the patch so soon after it&#39;s development, if they&#39;re not willing to support it? Isn&#39;t that contradictory? Also, sorry for my ignorance and i should probably know this. You can shoot me for asking the question, as i probably deserve it, but who exactly is IETF? o_O; related to IEEE in any way?

Dan Mc
Sat, 02-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Im at 39% I usually leave the window open for atleast 2 days after A download or at least a whole night, but now 39% 0 Kbp&#092;s http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

this isn&#39;t cool...

Moonlight
Sat, 02-14-2004, 01:55 PM
When I started trying to download #70, the tracker was giving me 30-40x the same IP (69.56.211.107) which traced back to an IP owned by &quot;ThePlanet.com&quot;, which happens to be the co-location company where GotWoot is hosted from - I wonder what this was all about.

If it weren&#39;t for the fact that the &#39;junk&#39; IPs that filled the tracker were from the same co-location company that hosts GotWoot, I would have thought this was a DoS of some sort... but unless the tracker is brain-dead, this should not be happening unless it was due to an internal issue - at least not with what appeared to be internal IPs.

Well, it looks like the tracker was restarted moments ago... let&#39;s see if the oddities will come back. So far, I am seeing a much more sane 2-3 IPs that start with 69.

Moonlight
Mon, 02-16-2004, 11:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>*Admits certain things:*
I presumed we were already using v5, seeing as v6 was simply released without any notification of v5 in the first place.
[...]
For instance, just what the hell happened to v5 in the first place?</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Probably the same thing that happened to Winamp v4: they skipped a version to highlight how radical a change they think it is.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You can shoot me for asking the question, as i probably deserve it, but who exactly is IETF? o_O; related to IEEE in any way?</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Internet Engineering Task Force... they&#39;re the ones who take Internet Protocol-related suggestions, weed them out, sort them and make them into standards wherever relevant needs/issues are encountered.

If IPv5 perplexed you, maybe you should have a look at IETF RFC #1149 (Request for Comments) Internet Protocol over Avian Carrier ('http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1149.txt')

The IETF&#39;s job is to take suggestions and amend the IP protocol specifications when necessary.

As for what IEEE is, it stands for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. (or something very close to that)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>However i did state that a lot of people aren&#39;t using it because nobody else is[...]</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
This is the chicken-and-the-egg problem... no need for / cannot use IPv6 until all the software and hardware is upgraded to support it, until then, people with IPv6 with have to make-do with IPv4 bridges unless they are doing point-to-point IPv6 with IPv6 apps.

Well, this does not have much to do with the original topic so I suppose this is it until the next time the tracker stuffs up with a Naruto release http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif