PDA

View Full Version : i dunno what im doing wrong

d0ne420
Fri, 02-13-2004, 04:11 AM
well first i thought when i downloaded gun grave and couldnt play the episodes due to my lack of a certain codec, then i decided to download gunslinger girl but also couldnt watch that one either for the same reason..so frustrated i gave up on the series to turn my attention to PMK and now i also could not watch that one..... i am able to watch naruto just fine....the episodes that i have downloaded for the other series other than naruto have been the compiled episodes...im just wondering if i have to fully download all the episodes in the bundle before watching any of them....and if this is the case then at least i can fix the problem by waiting for it all to finish although i might be 80 yrs old by the time it does finish as im on 56 k dial-up.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

hiroshi
Fri, 02-13-2004, 04:36 AM
With the bundle downloads it's kind of hit and miss situation if you want to watch them before the bundle is complete.

As i've mentioned earlier, the way BT Downloads isn't from beginning to end, it's chunks in random order. So you could end up downloading bits of one episode, then bits of another episode, then more bits again for the first episode, etc.

So you can keep trying if you want, or simply wait until the bundle is complete in which case you would definitly be able to watch them then.

If you want to watch them so fast, you should download via HTTP with a download manager for pausing and resuming, or FTP with a pause and resume function, or with BTorrent downloads that are of each single episode rather than bundles.

sarf
Sun, 02-15-2004, 07:29 AM
You can also use TorrentSpy to check what files (if any) are finished downloaded (the SHAD0W client has this feature built-in).

Sarf
---
Horniness is a quintessential example of hope.

d0ne420
Mon, 02-16-2004, 08:15 AM
thanx for the help

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:33 AM
I hope you fixed your problems, because giving up on a series just because of codec problems is pretty lame... Good luck

d0ne420
Wed, 02-18-2004, 05:46 AM
its not that im giving up on a seris but when you are stuck haveing to use 56k dial-up for downloads you dont really wanna spend time downloading a seris that you cant watch and when you have all the codecs and it still doesnt work you shrug and move on hoping to finf a seris that you can watch while you wait for the next episode to come out of naruto...as someone had said before i prolly need to download the full bundled files before trying to view the episodes..... which is what im trying now with P.M.K 01-04 bundled im gonna wait for a week or so since thats how long it will take to download it then try and watch the seris, and go from there.. hopefully i wont have problems anymore and be able to get my fix in between episodes

Munsu
Wed, 02-18-2004, 06:31 AM
What you can do to download those bundles is use the Azureus client for BT which lets you choose which episode to download from the bundle... and when that episode finishes you can watch it without the bundle finishing

d0ne420
Sun, 02-22-2004, 03:43 AM
i will have to try that out thanx again for the help