PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia Agent

Kumiriko
Thu, 02-12-2004, 02:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Feb 12 2004, 07:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Don&#39;t mean to get off-topic, I download the Lain series, but I havent felt like seeing it anytime soon... do you recomend me watching it now or should I wait until I feel like it? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I would say feel like it and a chance were you can focus souly on it. Good serise. you dont get as much if youre chatting thought

complich8
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:16 AM
my advice on lain is this ....

close mirc, close aim stuff, close the web browser, fire up zplayer or some other player supporting queueing, drop all 13 eps into the queue, fullscreen it, and watch it straight. Stop for bathroom breaks and maybe a single food break somewhere in there.

If you break it up too much or let yourself come back to reality, or if you just stop paying attention, you won&#39;t get the full effect. You really need to just set aside about 7 hours and watch it all in one sitting.

At least, that&#39;s what I did when I watched it. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:51 AM
Aone just released the first episode of this series... Just watch it, it might turn into something out of the ordinary because it&#39;s weird as hell...

http://a.scarywater.net/aone/%5BAonE%5D_Pa...%5D.avi.torrent ('http://a.scarywater.net/aone/%5BAonE%5D_Paranoia_Agent_-_Ep01_%5B1A52EC5F%5D.avi.torrent')

XwingRob
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:55 AM
Definately. Its weird.
In the intro, everyone is laughing.
In the outro, everyone is sleeping.
Weird.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 05:08 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Feb 12 2004, 03:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In the outro, everyone is sleeping.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t know if they are sleeping or if they have been knocked out

XwingRob
Thu, 02-12-2004, 05:11 AM
OK, then they are not awake then. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
Anyways, I&#39;m curious how this series is gonna run. Is it going to have fighting in it? Does it deal with demon stuff? Is she really paranoid???? Will we see more boobies?
Anyways, its one of those series which require at least 3 or 4 episodes to watch before your sure you like it.

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 05:14 AM
I think that even if it starts to suck somehow i&#39;ll still watch the whole series because I&#39;m sure that this series has some hidden message or something even though the it all seems so pointless... and that&#39;s what I like about it

complich8
Thu, 02-12-2004, 06:43 AM
I definitely get a &quot;lain&quot; vibe from this series.

I can&#39;t wait for the OST though. That op song alone will make it worth at least a download if not a purchase.

JessiA
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:25 AM
I&#39;ve never seen it, but I heard that you shouldn&#39;t watch it in the dark.

Should I watch Paranoia in the dark?

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Don&#39;t mean to get off-topic, I download the Lain series, but I havent felt like seeing it anytime soon... do you recomend me watching it now or should I wait until I feel like it?

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:44 AM
At least the first episode you can... everything is set-up to seem unrealistic, but what is cool about the first episode is that many people have comments and opinions on the events, it makes it have somewhat different perspectives... so in conclusion... sure go ahead and watch it in the dark

Takenoko
Thu, 02-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Lain was one of the few animes that made my eyes tear. It&#39;s confusing yeah, but at the end it doesn&#39;t leave anything unanswered (unlike Eva, where you think you know whats going on but you really don&#39;t). Sad ending http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Takenoko @ Feb 12 2004, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lain was one of the few animes that made my eyes tear. It&#39;s confusing yeah, but at the end it doesn&#39;t leave anything unanswered (unlike Eva, where you think you know whats going on but you really don&#39;t). Sad ending http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Know where I can download the Lain series?

Yeah, Paranoia Agent seems like an odd anime, but I like it so far. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:51 AM
I got lain from a bot at #zhentarim let me check if there are torrents although I recommend the bot, it is quite fast

Edit: I couldnt find a torrent link, but the bot is XDCC|LAIN_NTHT

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks but which server is on it?

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 10:00 AM
chatsociety

Edit: #zhentarim@irc.chatsociety.net

Rocktar
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:58 PM
So what happened in the first episode anyway?

Watched it, confused :?

SuntUrioN
Fri, 02-13-2004, 04:53 AM
This anime seems interesting.

The episode was .............. Weird.

Kumiriko
Fri, 02-13-2004, 05:19 AM
I dont know if i want to check out this serise. Yet. Dose it apper it will be a deepressing serise or what? i havent been able to find much info on this serise. any info be nice.

Kn1ves
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Im getting a Spirited Away feel from it. Lain kicks serious ass btw.

i like this anime, very weird indeed

13 episodes of goodness i hear

phreakatron
Sat, 02-14-2004, 12:07 PM
I thought it was great. Weird, dark, and promising. Lets hope it stays that way.

Munsu
Sat, 02-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Yep 13 episodes.. this will probably be a gem that will get underrated... sad

Koyuki
Sun, 02-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Wow... That first episode was wierd, but kind a cool. Well I&#39;ll think i have to watch some more.
Anyone knows which days it airs?

Santah
Mon, 02-16-2004, 02:03 AM
I didnt think it was weird. The story grabbed my attention and now I cant wait for the second episode to continue it.

complich8
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:19 AM
I think ep 2 fit perfectly in line with the first one. If they stayed with the girl it&#39;d be a &quot;normal&quot; series.... but by centering on another character they prevented it from falling into the &quot;this is a story about this person&quot; series.

I think the sparkling thing was just to express how he was like the most popular kid around, kind of give him that &quot;untouchable&quot; sense. As a person, he was crap. As a character, I thought he worked pretty well.

I especially liked his line &quot;Everybody is an idiot brainwashed by the media.&quot; He actually seems to slip into a decent perspective for just a second .... then of course goes berserk again.

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Don&#39;t get me wrong... I liked the episode and I also like the direction the series is heading... is just that Ichi was getting on my nerves... but what the heck, that&#39;s part of it, it&#39;s most certainly intentional for him to get on your nerves... The third episode looks awesome though... can&#39;t wait for next week

Munsu
Tue, 02-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Anybody saw episode 2? I thought that it was an ok episode... nothing like the first one... all the sparkling was pissing me off... and also that Ichi guy is the most pathetic character I&#39;ve ever seen

Santah
Tue, 02-17-2004, 10:42 AM
OMG EPISODE 2 WAS AWESOME&#33;&#33;&#33;

Can&#39;t wait for next episode http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif

Zaknafein
Wed, 02-18-2004, 02:43 AM
I have a Teori what this is about http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif but I wont ruin it for the others here&#33; If my teori is right this is the one of the most genious series in a long time&#33;

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-18-2004, 02:49 AM
want to hear a theory of mine?

check the ending of the episode..

i think all of them will be/is a victim of the shounen bat

just a thought

Lizardking
Wed, 02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Just watched one and two after I read about it here. I was impressed, well worth buying when it makes it over to England in about 2009 (probably).

Its got a great visual style to it as well. Does anyone think the girl is an older version of Osaka from Azumanga Daioh?

JTD121
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I like this series. Is ANBU-AonE taking a break or something? AJ already has Episode 3 subbed, but I want to have a consistently subbed series, from the same people. I dunno, I just don&#39;t like having a bunch of groups sub an anime that I watch, with the difference in quality and subbing and all.

Anyway, I can&#39;t wait for this series to be complete. And Lain, yeah, I think you should wait until you feel like it, and have an entire day to set aside for it. Otherwise, it will lose it&#39;s effect pretty quickly. Me, however, I watched it over a week, and it didn&#39;t seem to lose it&#39;s effect much, except that the subs were off at times, and sometimes didn&#39;t show at all. Probably my fault though; always running BT or mIRC.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

Kumiriko
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:16 AM
that reminds me can we get some more seeds on this. i just rememberd i have yet to finish downloading eps one or starting eps 2

JTD121
Mon, 02-23-2004, 10:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kumiriko @ Feb 23 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> that reminds me can we get some more seeds on this. i just rememberd i have yet to finish downloading eps one or starting eps 2 </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Need seeds? On which one? Or both? I&#39;ll seed both for you just in case.

Munsu
Tue, 02-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Cool.. episode 3 was released a few hours ago&#33;

Downloading now, it looks like it&#39;s going to be an awesome episode...

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/ ('http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/')[AonE]_Paranoia_Agent_-_03_[D554C49F].avi.torrent

complich8
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JTD121)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>is ANBU-AonE taking a break or something? AJ already has Episode 3 subbed</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

heh.

aj has always tried to maintain the reputation &quot;speed over quality&quot;
aone has always tried to maintain &quot;speed is good, but quality comes first&quot;
anbu has nothing to do with paranoia agent.

you can safely assume we&#39;ll be fast, but you can&#39;t say we&#39;re the fastest no matter what, just that we&#39;re pretty dang quick.

SuntUrioN
Tue, 02-24-2004, 06:57 AM
My analyses of episode 2 concluded me to say that everybody who gets Struck by Shounen bat has in a way summoned him or did something to summon him.
If you check out the translation of the next episode preview it say&quot;s:

&quot;The Golden shoes wil come when those are summoned&quot;

This line is obviously reffering to Shounen bat.

But that&#39;s just my thoughts on it.

Episode 3 has been released so, can&#39;t wait till it&#39;s done downloading

Munsu
Tue, 02-24-2004, 07:25 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuntUrioN @ Feb 24 2004, 05:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> My analyses of episode 2 concluded me to say that everybody who gets Struck by Shounen bat has in a way summoned him or did something to summon him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree with you...

BTW... episode three is down right awesome

Kn1ves
Tue, 02-24-2004, 09:56 AM
ok now that weve figured that out... i dont think this is going to entertain me anymore http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif ... well see if itll hold up

Santah
Tue, 02-24-2004, 10:24 AM
I didnt enjoy episode 3 as much as 1 and 2 http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

JTD121
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (complich8 @ Feb 24 2004, 02:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JTD121)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>is ANBU-AonE taking a break or something? AJ already has Episode 3 subbed</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

heh.

aone has always tried to maintain &quot;speed is good, but quality comes first&quot;

you can safely assume we&#39;ll be fast, but you can&#39;t say we&#39;re the fastest no matter what, just that we&#39;re pretty dang quick. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s why I like AonE&#39;s work. And, if there is anyone who would kindly seed this, at my current speed (5KB/s), it will finish in 7 hours&#33; But I want it now&#33;&#33;

mainva | aptigo| JTD out

SuntUrioN
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Episode 3 was sick. I really enjoyed that one.
Makes you wonder what people with multiple personalities go trough.

JTD121
Wed, 02-25-2004, 02:11 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LegendarySenninJiraiya @ Feb 25 2004, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> anyways, i duno if this was said before but eveyrtime i watch the intro it cracks me up, cuz of how weird the lyrics are, aaaaayyyeeee eeeee aaayyyyeeeee eee ooo wa, what a wondrous mushroom cloud in the sky....

anyone know where i can find the song from the intro, or maybe the soundtrack to Paranoia Agent?

P.S. - Did anyone stop to question that huge ass equation written in the parking lot under the detective&#39;s cars? i was wonderin wtf that meant </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I would like to know where to find the soundtrack as well.

And that massive equation - They kinda tell you who is next in the answer. The answer in the first episode was 510; the girl in room 510 (don&#39;t remember her name right now), was attacked by Shounen Bat. And in the second episode, the answer was 1; for the kid they all called Ichhi (I think that&#39;s how they spelled it in the subs).

I haven&#39;t seen the third episode yet, but I will watch it when I get home.

By the way, does this series air weekly in Japan? If so, when? Thursdays, Fridays...?

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 02-25-2004, 02:50 AM
haha ep 3 cracks me up, the way the one personality calls the house phone and leaves mean messages on the answering machine like, &quot;stop using my damned bag without my permission&quot; ahaha, hilarity, i wonder, how does someone with a hooker as a split personality become a teacher?

anyways, i duno if this was said before but eveyrtime i watch the intro it cracks me up, cuz of how weird the lyrics are, aaaaayyyeeee eeeee aaayyyyeeeee eee ooo wa, what a wondrous mushroom cloud in the sky....

wtf is up with that lol, and then thers the guy laughin standing in front of it, and that freaky old man, the reporters dad thats in a vegetative state, and the weird old lady, gah, this series is just too odd, even if i get bored by it, which id ont think i will, i&#39;d have to finish it just to see the point of it, sorta like how i got confused by flcl after wtachin the first 2 eps but had to stick thru with it just for the sake of tryin to make sense of it, also, this series is lucky it&#39;s weird cuz they spend a whole ahlf of an episode on something that doesnt seem to have any bearing to the plot, then bring it back a little bit, if other series did that like, if they had us expecting a fight in naruto, and then instead they did a 20 minute filler on somethign completely unrelated, someone is gettin a visit by the shounen bat

anyone know where i can find the song from the intro, or maybe the soundtrack to Paranoia Agent?

P.S. - Did anyone stop to question that huge ass equation written in the parking lot under the detective&#39;s cars? i was wonderin wtf that meant

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 02-25-2004, 03:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (complich8 @ Feb 24 2004, 02:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JTD121)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>is ANBU-AonE taking a break or something? AJ already has Episode 3 subbed</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

heh.

you can safely assume we&#39;ll be fast, but you can&#39;t say we&#39;re the fastest no matter what, just that we&#39;re pretty dang quick. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
what group are u associated with? fansub group...i cant tell if ur talkina bout &quot;we&quot; as in aone or &quot;we&quot; as in aj

Munsu
Wed, 02-25-2004, 03:40 AM
Hahaha.. is that a joke? associated with AJ? hahhaha

Aone dude

complich8
Wed, 02-25-2004, 04:01 AM
sorry .... I tend to operate under the presumption that people are observant.

I&#39;m animeone staff, and tend to speak as an animeone representative in situations such as these.

when I say &quot;we&quot; I mean &quot;aone&quot; or sometimes &quot;aone and another group that we&#39;re doing a joint with&quot; ....

hence the &quot;fansub crew&quot; title, and the whole &quot;opped in animeone&quot; thing, and my name in random episode credits...

*sigh* just ignore me, I&#39;ve had a long couple days and am a bit pissed off ...

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (complich8 @ Feb 25 2004, 03:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> sorry .... I tend to operate under the presumption that people are observant.

I&#39;m animeone staff, and tend to speak as an animeone representative in situations such as these.

when I say &quot;we&quot; I mean &quot;aone&quot; or sometimes &quot;aone and another group that we&#39;re doing a joint with&quot; ....

hence the &quot;fansub crew&quot; title, and the whole &quot;opped in animeone&quot; thing, and my name in random episode credits...

*sigh* just ignore me, I&#39;ve had a long couple days and am a bit pissed off ... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i hate to tell u this, but usually during ops &#39;n endings, i and most people i know dont pay attention to the fansubbers names so much as the karaoke, with 90 thousand words flyin on the screen ur bound to pay attention to the ones with the coolest effex on em, basically the karaoke, secondly, &quot;fansub crew&quot; in no way indicates aone, if it were &quot;AONE fansub crew&quot; or even &quot;AONE FANSUBS&quot; it would, since it doesnt my &quot;being observant&quot; has absolutely nothing to with why i had no idea what group u work with, especially seeing as the thing i &quot;observed&quot; the most was that u seemed were talkin about Animejunkies and using the word &quot;we&quot;, i dunno about for other people but until i find reason to believe otherwise 2+2=4, but since i know now that ur aone, why dont u guys use less loud colors for ur fonts, then maybe i&#39;d notice ur names, these bright greens and such are a lil too loud to look away from

Munsu
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:08 AM
Such a long paragraph to say meaningless crap

SuntUrioN
Thu, 02-26-2004, 04:39 AM
LOL

Damn, you guys crack me up

The_Adjective
Thu, 02-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Well, I downloaded the first episode but it seems I can&#39;t watch it. I can only hear it.

Does it need any specific Codec, or soemthing? Because there&#39;s obviously something wrong.

[EDIT] Nevermind. Fixed it.

chb
Fri, 02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
When I hear a series I&#39;ve become really addicted to is, or has become, licensed, I get a bit... wiggly. All sorts of terrible visions start to fill my mind. Vaporous release dates, sub par releases. Maybe some group will continue to released subs in the absence of published ones, but they will inevitably be of aggrevatingly poor quality.

Anyway.

I have loved the first three episodes of paranoia agent, so this, of course, has upset me:

Anime News Network&#39;s Paranoia Agent Information ('http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3169')
AnimeSuki&#39;s AJ Paranoia Agent Information ('http://www.animesuki.com/details.php/6184.html')

Now, I have found some information on the AnimeSuki&#39;s forums that explains why it has been classified as licensed by some people.

AnimeSuki Paranoia Agent Thread ('http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6862')

So, are there any animeone crew members who can comment? I haven&#39;t heard anything from aone about it so far, so I assume that it&#39;s sort of a non-issue. Geneon USA&#39;s placement in the credits doesn&#39;t imply acquisition?

Munsu
Fri, 02-27-2004, 09:47 AM
I dont think it matters... Aone will keep releasing it until they&#39;re asked to stop... they usually don&#39;t care about releasing licensed anime

Kn1ves
Fri, 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM
I really think Aone deserves to have its own tv channel, i swear to god, i dont care if everything is subtitled, id still watch. If the anime community can cough up &#036;417444091247917471320913619321 million it could wor...

nvm

JTD121
Fri, 02-27-2004, 11:09 AM
I noticed that Geneon USA was in the credits, and wondered what it meant. However, it seems that AonE doesn&#39;t care if it&#39;s liscensed. Maybe when the DVDs are released domestically, they might stop. But, by the time that happens, they will more than likely have subbed the whole series, so it won&#39;t matter.

I still haven&#39;t watched Episode 3, I just haven&#39;t had the time. I won&#39;t be able to watch it today either&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif Maybe tomorrow...

JTD121
Fri, 02-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Alright, finally watched the third episode.

Now, I don&#39;t know about this series. Maybe it&#39;s one of those series that starts out a bit slow, and eventually picks up. Kinda like Lain....So I guess I&#39;ll continue watching it.

And the multiple personalities; maybe Icchi should talk to the Harumi/Maria about what&#39;s going on.

However, at the end, it doesn&#39;t matter, since Shounen Bat attacked her and she was just Harumi....Can&#39;t wait for the next episode&#33;

complich8
Sat, 02-28-2004, 06:45 AM
yup.... two things about this series.

While geneon usa is credited, that doesn&#39;t necessarily mean it&#39;s licensed by them. It might be, it might not be, it might be an option for them in the future. No official announcements have been made, so it&#39;s officially unlicensed, but onofficially people think it might licensed but not announced.

Second thing is that aone doesn&#39;t care too much about licensing, as a group policy. We care in that if the people that own the license want us to stop, we&#39;ll stop. Geneon (formerly pioneer) has never expressed that they give a rat&#39;s ass to us, so we will continue to operate under the presumption that they dont&#39; give a rat&#39;s ass until they demonstrate otherwise by contacting us (on irc, via email, through forum posts somewhere, whatever). We don&#39;t do bandai and adv stuff because both of those licensors have expressed they don&#39;t want us to do their stuff.

we&#39;re &quot;unethical&quot; like that, you see http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

chb
Sun, 02-29-2004, 04:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (complich8 @ Feb 28 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> We care in that if the people that own the license want us to stop, we&#39;ll stop. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That is the position I&#39;d hope my favourite fansubbing group (aone) would take. Thanks for clearing that up.

hachimitsu
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Never heard of this series till I read about it here last week and was intrigued by the comments... I just watched all 3 eps-- nothing like what I was expecting, but I really like this series. It&#39;s different. To say the least.

I love all the weird, surreal bits, especiall in ep 2. And (so far, anyway) it&#39;s the kind of mystery that invites all kind of wild speculaiton and guessing, which is always fun. It&#39;s interesting to watch a series with so many, um, dysfunctional characters...

So I wanted to say thank you, AonE. It&#39;s so great that you guys provide such a wide variety of anime.

SuntUrioN
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Episode 4 came out yesterday. I just watched it. Probably the best of the four that's already been released. But only because of the ending.

Check out the look on Shounen Bats's face.

It had me laughing like till tears started to fall.

Uberbaka
Thu, 03-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah, holy crap that was good. lol, did you see the preview for the next ep? weird...

Kumiriko
Thu, 03-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Oh my. that was a good eps. I cant belive the ending! just cant wait to see what happens next. kinda a clif hanger ending.

JTD121
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Well, just saw the fourth episode. Man, things come about full circle don't they?

And that episode preview....Man, it looks like an RPG episode or something, since Shounen Bat has been arrested...Hm...What is the rest of the series going to be about then?

Kumiriko
Fri, 03-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Uhh. isnt that kind of an erly spolier? and there should be a Section for Paranoia Agent.
It isnt getting too much attention but it be nice to see

Munsu
Fri, 03-05-2004, 06:40 AM
No spoiler here... 24hrs have passed if not mistaken

Kumiriko
Fri, 03-05-2004, 08:02 AM
hummm. so hard to tell this days. what year is it now?

Kumiriko
Mon, 03-15-2004, 01:35 AM
So when is the next one due out anywas?

Kumiriko
Mon, 03-22-2004, 12:16 PM
SPAM! alot of serise apper to be on the back burner. whats going on with this one?

JTD121
Wed, 03-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
SPAM! alot of serise apper to be on the back burner. whats going on with this one?

Yeah, I heard it was liscensed, but no one in the channel listened to me when I asked who had the liscense...Are you guys in AonE still subbing this one?

Munsu
Wed, 03-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Well licenses doesnt stop them from subbing... unless it is ADV or someone else that has contact them to stop subbing their licensed anime...

If it's licensed it is by Geneon, and I dont think they have problems with them... until animeone expresses so, this is still an ongoing project

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Has anyone else seen episode 6 yet? Very interesting.

Munsu
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:00 AM
well we are supposed to discuss at aone's pace if not mistaken...

Only a-kraze is up to 6 i think... good episodes though

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Sorry ;- )

JTD121
Sun, 04-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Episode 5 was released by AonE last night. I just watched it. Man, that was quite an odd episode, but there were several funny parts.

It seems that Shounen Bat thought he was in a game to defeat an enemy called Gouma....And in the real world, it appears to be the little old lady from the first episode....

EDIT: bwabes, what does your sig say? I know it's Japanese, but if you could translate it, what would it say?

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:38 PM
My sig says: Don't forget. Never forget.

I don't know if the old lady is the real enemy. It'll become more clear after episode 6, but I think the enemy is someone who we haven't seen yet or is more concealed.

JTD121
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Maybe it's America? I dunno, that just popped into my head after thinking about the opening. However, we don't know what city they are in, so we don't know if they will get the bomb...

Then again, the technology seems to be today's...Maybe an alternate version of history...?

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just modern day Japan. I think the show is more a reflection on Japan today (remember how everyone seems bound to their cellphones in the first episode). Shounen Bat is just saving the people from their lives. Does this make sense to anyone?

JTD121
Sun, 04-04-2004, 01:52 PM
It does to me, but I don't really understand why Shounen Bat is saving them. I mean, the Gouma story seems plausible. He's one of those people who can't see a difference in reality and fantasy, but apparently his fantasy also happens in the real world; his attacks on the four victims so far.

And who is that old man that is on the Moon? I hope he's in the story somewhere...Besides the oracle person and the preview man person...

bwabes
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:17 PM
He's been on the show before. He was seen more in the first couple episodes. Remember? He was writing things on the sidewalk?

JTD121
Sun, 04-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Ah...Well he stopped writing! He should do something new now....Like.....*scrathes head* something! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MarduK
Sun, 04-04-2004, 07:59 PM
The old guy is in episode 5. He's the one who tells the Shounen Bat that the "princess" is in trouble when they are in the tower. I think thats him, since in the other episodes he seems to know who is going to get attacked next (in his equations).

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:34 PM
After a month or so of wait... Episode 8 by aone is out!!!!

go leech...

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE (http://_Paranoia_Agent_-_08_[1DBA8F49].avi.torrent]http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Paranoia_Agent_-_08_[1DBA8F49].avi.torrent)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:53 PM
well, i didn't know that Aone is doing this anime, so i watched it all by Ani-kraze...
the first thing i have to say is that i hated lain and fallen asleep through each one of it's episodes, while at PA i've fallen asleep only once (episode seven), and therefore, Paranoia Agent owns lain's sissy little ass.

other then that, my favorite episode was number 8, which while he had almost no plot relevence, he was extremly funny and hiliarious... it's one of those comedy episodes you'll never forget (DBZ 110, PMK 15 etc).

I like this series becuae even though i wasn't fully paying attention or focusing, even I managed to understand what's going on by the last episode.

this anime rocks, i'm gonna reccomend it to all my friends...

oh, and by the way, does anyone know where can i get the OST?