PDA

View Full Version : kawarimi no jutsu

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:05 PM
anyone notice how no one ever does hand seals for a kawarimi no jutsu??? i dont get it...i thought you have to make hand seals to perform a technique??? its like...the hokage, when he gets bit by the snake and then all of a sudden he turns to mud...in other eps same things happen...in the beginning during the team 7's survival training naruto attacks kakashi and then all of a sudden it becomes a naruto...! i dont get it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Uzumaki Kakashi
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:09 PM
hand seals are used to control chakra but since these ninjas like hokage and kakashi are so bad ass they can control the chakra much easier especailly in such easy jutsus

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:10 PM
well we haven't really gotten a clear explanation on when hand seals are used and when they are not.

I think that they just use them when it doesn't disrupt the flow of the fight or whatever.

SirCharlesIII
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:16 PM
wasn't sakura shown performing seals in her little battle thing in the second chunin test, when she attacks zaku in the forest of death? i cant remember for sure, i just vauguely remembering watching her do the signals for the technique.

KakashiSensei
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:17 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Kakashi @ Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hand seals are used to control chakra but since these ninjas like hokage and kakashi are so bad ass they can control the chakra much easier especailly in such easy jutsus </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that is true but i think naruto has done that as well. And if you had to use hand signals for that move you would just be giving it away and then there would be no point to it.

Noir
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:46 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei @ Feb 11 2004, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Kakashi &#064; Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hand seals are used to control chakra but since these ninjas like hokage and kakashi are so bad ass they can control the chakra much easier especailly in such easy jutsus </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that is true but i think naruto has done that as well. And if you had to use hand signals for that move you would just be giving it away and then there would be no point to it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I was gonna answer it but you beat me to it. Yeah basically if you had to perform handseals for that move then your move would become pointless and you&#39;ll be frozen in fear, like this guy ====&gt; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:48 PM
I still don&#39;t think there is anything more to it than the mangaka and animators not wanting to animate them all the time. They only do it in some dramatic fights I think.

villin
Wed, 02-11-2004, 12:53 PM
That move makes no sense at all. Even Naruto did it to Moegi when she was tied to a tree. Also, when Sasgay hit Kakashi with those shurikens during the bell thing you could clearly see blood before he turned into a log. And why does the log always look the same no matter who does the move. Its bullshit.

villin
Thu, 02-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Noone has even come close to explaining why the log always looks the same. They don&#39;t have time to cut down a tree and make the log. They certainly don&#39;t walk around with a big honking log strapped to their back. And the log is always the same shape with the little piece sticking out, do people share this mysterious log. Bah

nark
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 12 2004, 02:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Noone has even come close to explaining why the log always looks the same. They don&#39;t have time to cut down a tree and make the log. They certainly don&#39;t walk around with a big honking log strapped to their back. And the log is always the same shape with the little piece sticking out, do people share this mysterious log. Bah </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
the do the summoning no jutsu and the log appears. They then replace the log with themselves. So easily explained sheeesh.

Superman
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 12 2004, 01:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Noone has even come close to explaining why the log always looks the same. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Obviously, they keep a few of those logs in their little bags. The logs go in there along with the never ending suply of knifes and throwing stars, food, scrolls, and other stuff. &quot;bigger inside than outside-no-justsu&quot; is probably the first thing they teach at the ninja academy.

Duh...

BakaShinji
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
They just move reeelly fast that their residual image is still left behind - like in the road runner cartoons where Wily&#39;s eyes have to catch up with the rest of his body when he falls.

They had logs cuz they were in the forest.
They have mud - because mud is EVERYWHERE&#33;

That&#39;s the point of kawarimi. You replace it with something so the opponent, if he&#39;s not paying attention, and from the point of view of the audience - it looks like you hit the actual person.

29.87 fps could also be a reason why. The animators can&#39;t animate fast enough the 1337 speed that it takes to do a kawarimi. So the image is left over.

HAPPY? No hands too, cuz it doesn&#39;t need chakra molding ... just do it.

Beautiful Green Beast
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:50 AM
I wonder if you can do handseals with your feets??? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif feetseals??? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Everon
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:13 AM
That would be an advanced bloodline maybe... after all the feet are the hardest place to gather chakra....
I can just picture it:

Kakashi gets his arms pinned to wall.
Kakashi pulls of his booties and begins seals
&quot;Rabbit, Dog, Rat...ah damn...its so hard to do that one with FEET&quot;

Oh yeah kawarimi, well best not to think about it too much. Its a pretty cheap skill that everyone seems to know (except Lee) so I guess it all evens out. It would be nice if there was some way to detect when someone is doing it.

Power PMV
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:14 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon @ Feb 12 2004, 03:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That would be an advanced bloodline maybe... after all the feet are the hardest place to gather chakra....
I can just picture it:

Kakashi gets his arms pinned to wall.
Kakashi pulls of his booties and begins seals
&quot;Rabbit, Dog, Rat...ah damn...its so hard to do that one with FEET&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you have to have a weird body like the guy who fought against Kankuro in the preliminaries to do that.

Everon
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:17 AM
The stretch armstong guy? Yeah probably, but he got so easily taken out by Kankuro that the sound probably killed him off.

itachi_
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei @ Feb 11 2004, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Kakashi &#064; Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hand seals are used to control chakra but since these ninjas like hokage and kakashi are so bad ass they can control the chakra much easier especailly in such easy jutsus </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that is true but i think naruto has done that as well. And if you had to use hand signals for that move you would just be giving it away and then there would be no point to it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Shouldn&#39;t you start hunting me, kakashisensei? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

XwingRob
Thu, 02-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Wow, who really gives a shit?
Anyways here&#39;s my take on it.
Seals just make the justu more effective and uses less stamina. Some justus require seals, however. I could tell you more why I got this idea but then I would be spoiling.

Kyuubi_Rage
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Kakashi doesnt like you itachi, You&#39;re devil&#33;

Assertn
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:30 AM
hey, i like the log....it shows that its the konoha style replacement technique. In fact, it may be a basic level technique that only konoha ninjas and high level ninjas not from konoha can perform. Zabuza needed a rabbit to do it that one time, so maybe its not as easy for those from other villages. That mud thing that orochimaru does obviously seems like a technique that you&#39;d have to be hella advanced to perform too. Gaara did it once when lee fought him, but thats just cause he&#39;s got them crazy sand powers. Does anybody know of any time when someone other than a konoha ninja or a really high level jounin-sannin performed the move?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 12 2004, 01:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Noone has even come close to explaining why the log always looks the same. They don&#39;t have time to cut down a tree and make the log. They certainly don&#39;t walk around with a big honking log strapped to their back. And the log is always the same shape with the little piece sticking out, do people share this mysterious log. Bah </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Lol that was funny........

Everon
Thu, 02-12-2004, 12:33 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Feb 12 2004, 03:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Feb 12 2004, 01:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Noone has even come close to explaining why the log always looks the same. They don&#39;t have time to cut down a tree and make the log. They certainly don&#39;t walk around with a big honking log strapped to their back. And the log is always the same shape with the little piece sticking out, do people share this mysterious log. Bah </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Lol that was funny........ </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If thats the case, then thats one sturdy piece of log. I mean its been blown to bits, had thousands of weapons thrown at it and still it keeps on going and going.

Like the enegizer bunny&#33;

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 12:38 PM
You can mix and match objects for it. In most manga a dummy is used to replace the person. Its called the Substitution technique in a lot of them as well.

The technique in Naruto is a lot slicker looking though

KakashiSensei
Thu, 02-12-2004, 12:49 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 12 2004, 03:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei &#064; Feb 11 2004, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uzumaki Kakashi &#064; Feb 11 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hand seals are used to control chakra but since these ninjas like hokage and kakashi are so bad ass they can control the chakra much easier especailly in such easy jutsus </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Shouldn&#39;t you start hunting me, kakashisensei? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nah i dont think so. To troublesome http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Kakashi doesnt like you itachi, You&#39;re devil&#33;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ok did i miss something I dont remember saying that?? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Uberbaka
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:08 PM
*sigh* you guys didn&#39;t really pay attention while it was explained did you? There is no chakra involved.

One replaces his body with something else really fast, that&#39;s it. For the whole blood thing it would be a illusionary jutsu, which we don&#39;t even know even requires handseals? or am i wrong here?

Krbadass
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Well, it depends, if you replace it with a log yeah thats one thing, but if you replace it with mud that looks like yourself, thats another, But i just think its one of those loop polls that the writer didn&#39;t think about.

pat-the-1337
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:11 PM
i dont think they have to do the seals for all kinds of jutsu, because when sasuke was fighitn oro and he was doing the piledrive to oro, u didnt see oro do the the seal b4 the mud clone stepped in. either that or sasuke was fighingt a clone the whole time. also in teh zabuza fight when him and kakashi were doing the ater clones u didnt see them doing seals. i think zabuza made one clone and put hte 2 fingers seal up for it, mabey that was to focus more chakra on the clone.

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe he did it before Orochimaru bit him.

Krbadass
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
That was my understanding also

Noir
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:26 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 11 2004, 11:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That move makes no sense at all. Even Naruto did it to Moegi when she was tied to a tree. Also, when Sasgay hit Kakashi with those shurikens during the bell thing you could clearly see blood before he turned into a log. And why does the log always look the same no matter who does the move. Its bullshit. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
See your looking way too into it now. Step back, breathe, it&#39;s a cartoon. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah you tell him Noir. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
ah, well it just gets me thinking. i mean, what is it...like all you do is &quot;think&quot; it and automatically you get replaced by that object?

nark
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:46 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pat-the-1337 @ Feb 12 2004, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i dont think they have to do the seals for all kinds of jutsu, because when sasuke was fighitn oro and he was doing the piledrive to oro, u didnt see oro do the the seal b4 the mud clone stepped in. either that or sasuke was fighingt a clone the whole time. also in teh zabuza fight when him and kakashi were doing the ater clones u didnt see them doing seals. i think zabuza made one clone and put hte 2 fingers seal up for it, mabey that was to focus more chakra on the clone. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think in the fight with sasuke, sasuke was actually fighting a clone. If your remember aftewards when Anko and Oro met up, Anko was fighting a clone of Oro the whole time.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
its just an old ninja trick that appears in every ninja manga. It is a staple in a ninja&#39;s arsenal.

Don&#39;t think about it too much. People do it in a lot of manga - Yu Yu Hakusho (Yuske does it at the beggining with the principal) and Flame of Recca are others.

Mut
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
they don&#39;t always show the hand seals cuz sometimes it&#39;s unnecessary for someone to do hand seals and sometimes there isn&#39;t point of showing them cuz all it does is take up drawing time for the artists...

bam, everything was answered. thread = closed.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 02-12-2004, 01:53 PM
ah, i see. thanks

Mr.Hamster
Fri, 02-13-2004, 02:22 AM
ppl...
did u c episode 70? u clearly c that asuma had clearly jumped up quickly, and had replaced himself wit the log, no chakra required, then he falls down and kick everyones ass....
so the technique dun require chakra, just body activation...

pavi
Fri, 02-13-2004, 06:43 AM
i have the feeling its actually a ninjutsu that allows u to actual switch places with an object over time and space
y?
cause when iruka ran the pretests for the chuunin exam, naruto caught him in the net. but then iruka did a kawarimi with a huge a&#036;&#036; rock. now logs i can see but for sum1 as small (and weak) as iruka&#33; to be able to get outta the net, move superfast and un-noticed, lift a huge a&#036;&#036; rock, put it back under the net, and then move fast enough, still unnoticed by naruto. now that just seems impossible for me.

Mut
Fri, 02-13-2004, 07:13 AM
any ninjutsu or genjutsu always need chakara. it was clearly explained in the anime before.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:07 AM
i actually agree with those of you who say that the point of kawarimi is a suprise, so doing hand seals would defeat its purpose....BUT&#33; i still dont get .. how the heck to activate it.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Kakashi-Senpai
Fri, 02-13-2004, 09:29 AM
The theory of running out and placing something else quick back in the same position sound a bit stupid. Cause i rather run super fast away than place another object there.

My theory is that kawarimi is a high level ninjitsu that uses chakura to place an object to the person&#39;s position an at the same time the person is &quot;teleported&quot; to a position he likes. It also involves an illusion on the attacker making him &quot;see&quot; the object as the person. However kawarimi cannot be perfromed if the person is held down by something. (e.g. dog biting down, a sword struck on the person and still held by the attacker) I does not involve hand seals cause it is stupid if the attacker is attacking you and sees you performing the &quot;kawarimi handseals&quot;, cause he would know that he use using that jitsu and would&#39;nt attack.

Assertn
Fri, 02-13-2004, 12:08 PM
i would consider it as more of a genjutsu than a ninjutsu though, since its intended to decieve the enemy

Mr. Hamster: actually when this topic opened, episode 70 wasn&#39;t released. But you still shouldnt talk about it yet anyway, as it hasnt been 24 hrs since the AA version came out

Kyuubi_Rage
Fri, 02-13-2004, 01:46 PM
well if someone gets attacked they can only use Kawarimi.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sat, 02-14-2004, 02:10 AM
They explained it earlier when naruto and them battled kakashi. He just quickly replaces him wiht a different object. I think Kawarimi is one of those things that dont need handseals.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 02-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Don&#39;t think too much into not everything have to make sense if you&#39;re that obsess with things making sense might as well go find the meaning of life or something. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

pavi
Sat, 02-14-2004, 04:41 AM
if it doesnt need handseals, then y did sakura use hand seals to perform it....

Assertn
Sat, 02-14-2004, 05:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pavi @ Feb 14 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if it doesnt need handseals, then y did sakura use hand seals to perform it.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yep, i was just about to say the same thing.......zaku noticed her doing hand seals to replace herself with logs

AcidMonkey
Sat, 02-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi, I&#39;m new. =p

Maybe the reason Sakura was doing the handseals in the battle was because she wanted to psyche out the Sound Nin. Remember how she did the hand seal and didn&#39;t actually do the replacement technique at the end? Her plan all along may have been to show the hand seals on purpose so that she could get close to the Sound Nin, and...er...bite him.

And about them not showing the handseals for some moves, yes, it gives away the move, yes, the animators are lazy, and maybe hand seals are only performed to focus the chakra so that doing the jutsu is easier. That way if you&#39;re good enough, you can focus enough chakra to do the move without performing the hand seals.

That&#39;s just whay I think. =p

The_Fourth
Sat, 02-14-2004, 07:28 AM
I wouldnt pay too much attention to those details.

NoKKiE
Sun, 02-15-2004, 03:35 AM
on a side note.. hand seals don&#39;t really &quot;give away&quot; anything, there are 12 hand seals for each animal and you use them in whatever order to trigger chakra.. the actual technique is really within your chakra control and stuff

on the other hand, I think summon techniques rely greatly on seals since that&#39;s how naruto learned the frog thingy mo bopper http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Kyuubi_Rage
Sun, 02-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Hand seals help you mold and control chakra, As u need Hand seals for some Jutsus..