PDA

View Full Version : Geez what a difference!

itachi_
Mon, 02-09-2004, 08:47 AM
It's so true that the speed raises very much depending on which client you use i use some experimental that you can change upload and whitch seed and leecher you want to download from, when i had BT 3.3 i didn't get any speed but after i changed client everything became fast... don't you think the same?

villin
Mon, 02-09-2004, 09:58 AM
I've tried about 5 different clients and I haven't found a significant speed difference. I normally run between 400-500k/s which is about average for me and other download software. I am currently using the Shadow BT client because I like the little light. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

hiroshi
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Change of client will not affect your download rate in any way possible........ unless one of your clients was configured badly and you don't allow for some bandwidth slack. Or if you've put the incorrect income ports online instead of anything between 6881 to 6889. Or if the client just can't get past your firewall or router for some reason.

If there is a difference, it is NOT because of the client that you're using, but because you have misconfigured it, or haven't properly prepared your computer for the network. The reason the clients make no difference is because every torrent runs off a 'tracker'. It's these trackers that determine your download speed, which is kept on an external server. It's nothing to do with the client at all.

itachi_
Tue, 02-10-2004, 11:08 AM
In BT 3.3 you can't change anything... but in experimentals you can, in that way experimentals are better and that resulting in better speeds