PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza

Bloodhybrid
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:11 AM
Well, basically im bringing this to your attention as personaly i cant get full speed on my ADSL and only got 25k instead of the 70 odd that i can handle

i now have RADSL and can download at 130 KBps, but not with bit Torrent
so my friend told me about this program, its a bit like winmx and kazza and allows u to get full speed on torrents,
i sugest maybe giving it a try and anbu may wanna take a look into it to,
i no constantly have all the anbu naruto's for upload aswell as some other anime's.

give it a try
Shareaza ('http://www.shareaza.com')

Kyuubi_Rage
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:13 AM
I'll still love Bittorent, I'll aint gonna change my mind for a while.

PSJ
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:14 AM
if it works like kazaa and winmx ill just stick with bittorrent
cant handle p2p programs even if it is fast i dont need to rush a torrent.... the veiwing pleasure is higher if it took 1 - 1½ hour to download it than if it took 30 min

itachi_
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:16 AM
I takes about 5 minutes for me to download a episode...

Xollence
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Wow, it's super fast. but is there anyway to block sharing?

Bloodhybrid
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:35 AM
well i get full speed with it, and loads of probs with bit torrent
if you use that, just click on ur bit torrent link and it will download it,
then retreve from the file

it took me 4 weeks to download Oniage(sp?) twins cause i couldnt get full speed

Kyuubi_Rage
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:40 AM
4 weeks? Stop lie, There isnt any download stuff that takes 4weeks to dl.
You're booted out of your house if you have the computer on for 4weeks.
So stop lie!!!!!!!!!

Xollence
Sun, 02-08-2004, 05:02 AM
There are a lot of files that take that long if you have a bad connection. BTW my computer has been on straight for nearly 5 months now.

sangai
Sun, 02-08-2004, 05:02 AM
well seeing as how most peer to peer programs are dying out i give this one limited time before the riaa starts attacking this one

i have had no problems using bittorrent i get speeds of any where 250 kbs to 500 kbs with cable

so an episode is done in no time

shareaza they could of come up with a more original name but if it works go for it

Xollence
Sun, 02-08-2004, 05:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage @ Feb 8 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;ll still love Bittorent, I&#39;ll aint gonna change my mind for a while. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
BTW you can use shareaza to run torrent files, and you don&#39;t have to share at all to get high download speeds. I&#39;m getting 600 kbs with only 1kb of upload, which kills the whole purpose of bt.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Mon, 02-09-2004, 04:57 AM
on mIRC i can download at about 225 kb/s max...i can finish eps in about 20 min or so...no need for that kind of program...but thanks for suggesting something new anyway

Mange Sharingan
Mon, 02-09-2004, 07:04 AM
how do u not share files

hiroshi
Mon, 02-09-2004, 08:36 AM
lmao. I&#39;ve been talking about this program since i first came here, i even have the link and the Shareaza security file for blocking the RIAA and stuff in my Signature (Guess nobody has Sigs turned on eh?).

No, Shareaza is better than both Kazaa and WinMX, because it dosn&#39;t depend on just one network. It utilises lots of networks at the same time:

Gnutella1
Gnutella2
Edonkey2k
BitTorrent

Those are the networks it uses. I wouldn&#39;t advice stopping or decreasing your sharing by too much, because it utilises your upload bandwidth to help increase the rate of your download. Sure, stick a max cap on so you don&#39;t end up with so little bandwidth that you can&#39;t search or download properly, but don&#39;t cap it too much so you end up penalising yourself either.

The security file blocks fake servers, FBI servers, RIAA computers, etc etc. Very useful, is in my sig. But due to Geocities anti-leeching system, you will have to copy and paste the link into the address bar of a new window to get the file. It&#39;s hosted on my web add, because the file is getting hard to find now a days =P

Oh and btw, i would disable the Edonkey2k network for most of the time. It&#39;s too popular and too junked up. Useful for finding rare files, but you can sometimes get Qued for Ques as long as over 3,000 people. So it can take ages, and it&#39;s tying up a large amount of bandwidth whilst you&#39;re using it.

kage_bunshin
Mon, 02-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I was just wondering... can Shareaza connect to the bittorrent network using HTTP proxy? coz if it can, then i can bypass the firewall installed in my dorm and i could just maybe use BitTorrent...... well i&#39;m not too much into this networking and stuff, but at least i managed to forward the bittorrent ports 6881 to 6889 in my router to my computer so that bittorrent works at home http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Itachi III
Mon, 02-09-2004, 09:13 AM
my download rate will shoot up to 95 kb/s and then i look at it 1 min later and its at 7 , sometimes going to 0 , what do you suggest , ok just now I was getting 60 and 40 for two one piece files, i look at it again , ones at 0 b/s another 13 kb/s , is it like bittorrent where i give it time?

r3n
Mon, 02-09-2004, 11:42 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage @ Feb 8 2004, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 4 weeks? Stop lie, There isnt any download stuff that takes 4weeks to dl.
You&#39;re booted out of your house if you have the computer on for 4weeks.
So stop lie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
took me over 2 weeks to download hunterxhunter (thru BT), and im on cable 512k

hiroshi
Mon, 02-09-2004, 12:01 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kage_bunshin &#064; Feb 9 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I was just wondering... can Shareaza connect to the bittorrent network using HTTP proxy? coz if it can, then i can bypass the firewall installed in my dorm and i could just maybe use BitTorrent...... well i&#39;m not too much into this networking and stuff, but at least i managed to forward the bittorrent ports 6881 to 6889 in my router to my computer so that bittorrent works at home http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hm... you can specify the port you&#39;re using, and even the inbound and outbound address. So i presume you can set it to your HTTP Port address, to download with. This means if you can surf the web, you can download through the network as long as you specify the HTTP Port.

(I think the HTTP Port is 80 isn&#39;t it?)

oh and btw. I forgot to say how long my PCs been running =P
1 year. mwhahaha.... I empty the filters on the fans now and then whilst it&#39;s running. Jeez do i love dust filters. They catch so much crap it&#39;s unbelievable http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Edit:
oh btw, because you can specify the inbound and outbound addresses, i presume you can even configure it for a proxy as you asked.

kurosen
Mon, 02-09-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

maybe its just me, but bittorent right now is slow for me... im trying to get naruto episodes... and its taking for ever... i guess no one is uploading... and thats kinda pissing me off... i might use this... if it gets to the point where nothing will download from bittorent... X_X

TheEvil1
Mon, 02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
i get naruto at like 400k/s useing HTTP not BT, BT is blocked at my school so i have a work around,

there is a BT client called ABC that lets you specify ports, you can set it to port 80 the HTTP port and it might work, it worked here for a day but now it doesnt, im guessing a packet sniffer is killing my attempts, i dl at like 2k/s now useing it

at home on cable my line is 3.0/384 and Bt works but wont Dl any eps faster then 60k/s actually wont DL anything faster then that, but thats fine for me,

Zaknafein
Mon, 02-09-2004, 01:12 PM
im downloading most episodes of naruto and ROD in an hour.... never more than 2houres&#33;

So I cant see the problem&#33;&#33;

Allways have a lot of anime series going so you have something to watch when you are downloading

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

kage_bunshin
Tue, 02-10-2004, 02:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> QUOTE (kage_bunshin @ Feb 9 2004, 12:52 PM)
I was just wondering... can Shareaza connect to the bittorrent network using HTTP proxy? coz if it can, then i can bypass the firewall installed in my dorm and i could just maybe use BitTorrent...... well i&#39;m not too much into this networking and stuff, but at least i managed to forward the bittorrent ports 6881 to 6889 in my router to my computer so that bittorrent works at home </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Hm... you can specify the port you&#39;re using, and even the inbound and outbound address. So i presume you can set it to your HTTP Port address, to download with. This means if you can surf the web, you can download through the network as long as you specify the HTTP Port.

(I think the HTTP Port is 80 isn&#39;t it?)

oh and btw. I forgot to say how long my PCs been running =P
1 year. mwhahaha.... I empty the filters on the fans now and then whilst it&#39;s running. Jeez do i love dust filters. They catch so much crap it&#39;s unbelievable

Edit:
oh btw, because you can specify the inbound and outbound addresses, i presume you can even configure it for a proxy as you asked.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

ok cool i&#39;ll try it out when i&#39;m back in college http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Itachi III
Tue, 02-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Shareaza is nice , i looked at my speed this morning for a batch of 10 episodes it was downloading at 450-550 kb/s which is the fastest ive even seen it download. But the One Piece movie is downloading real slow though, maybe its cause im connected to only 7 sources, damn i didnt even catch how many sources i was connected through when i was downloading the patch. plus i need to know how not to share so much , its slowing down all the networked computers. but thanks for this post and for people backing this program up, ill use this instead of bittorrent now

hiroshi
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:25 AM
The reason BT is going so slow right now, is because there are too many leechers in comparison to seeders. Stats say there are only 4 seeders and over 500 leechers. Divide 500 by 4, and you have the amount of ppl trying to download off each seeder. Do you really think they have the bandwidth to supply that many leechers at the same time?

No way. You just have to wait until a space becomes available in the Que from one of the seeders, before you start downloading. And even then it will be pretty slow because there are simply too many ppl. Totally congested.

Metaphor: Traffic Jam, no space left on the road to get out of your drive.

itachi_
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:28 AM
what&#39;s the difference between a leecher and a seeder, is a leecher like you and me, trying to download, and a seed is .. what?

hiroshi
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:40 AM
When you seed one of your files, you leave a reference point for people to download that particular file off you.

You can only seed if you have the complete file.

kage_bunshin
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:43 AM
a seeder is someone who has the full complete 100% of the file, and is someone who is Uploading ONLY. And a leecher usually means someones who just downloads stuff but uploads very little or none

The Kyubi Naruto
Tue, 02-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Bah Shareazaa sucks. It tells me the whole time that i&#39;m downloading about 150 kbs minimum. And I checked from the time that that the download was to be downloaded and the speed was 13kbs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Talk about crappy.

Atleast I can download at kazaa or bittorrent about 56kbs max with my 512kbs dsl.
Is the connection supposed to be so slow or is my isp just so crappy? Aren&#39;t 512 kbs cables capable of dl much more?
Any ideas on how i could use all of my bandwith?
Oops... sorry nothing anymore. I just figured out that one of the is kB and other kb so... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif . Man am I stupid little n00Bing muthafu*ka.

Isn&#39;t this thread supposed to be in the downloads section?

littlecooldude
Wed, 02-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Obviously there is still great debate as to which program is the best to get you fix. I suggest rather than picking one, to use them all. The more resources the better.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 02-11-2004, 07:13 AM
intresting, humm i think ima give it a try but still i like bitorrent better

hiroshi
Wed, 02-11-2004, 07:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Kyubi Naruto &#064; Feb 10 2004, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Bah Shareazaa sucks. It tells me the whole time that i&#39;m downloading about 150 kbs minimum. And I checked from the time that that the download was to be downloaded and the speed was 13kbs&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Talk about crappy.

Atleast I can download at kazaa or bittorrent about 56kbs max with my 512kbs dsl.
Is the connection supposed to be so slow or is my isp just so crappy? Aren&#39;t 512 kbs cables capable of dl much more?
Any ideas on how i could use all of my bandwith?
Oops... sorry nothing anymore. I just figured out that one of the is kB and other kb so... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif . Man am I stupid little n00Bing muthafu*ka.

Isn&#39;t this thread supposed to be in the downloads section? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s because it&#39;s set to, by default, record the download rate in Kilobits instead of KiloBytes. (Kb = Kilobits, KB = KiloBytes)

Just change the setting to KB/s instead of Kb/s to get a more accurate reading if you&#39;re not use to Kb.

Incidentally, Kb is the more professional way of reading the Internet speed more accurately than KB. That&#39;s why ISP&#39;s quote their speeds in bits instead of Bytes. EG: Pay just &#036;35 per month and get a 1Mb connection&#33;

God i hate it when ISPs mislead the general public like that http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Edit:
Oh damn. Just noticed that you noticed. Ah well, i shall leave the post here for reference for others to understand =P

Kevin DuBrwow
Wed, 02-11-2004, 07:50 AM
I just started using Shareaza..it&#39;s great cuz i was using bit torrent through DSL and for some reason i was downloading at like 2k maybe 8k/s if i was lucky...i was uploading like 20k/s and i Don&#39;t mind uploading, but i think i should get just as much as i upload as I download...anyways
this thing is great, but i do have one problem

I was downloading Anbu&#39;s Naruto eps 51-60 batch file through bit torrent
n i got about 300 mb (going at like 3k per second http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif ) i juz got Shareaza but i want to resume my download instead of staring all over again

Iznogoud
Wed, 02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Feb 8 2004, 04:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage &#064; Feb 8 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;ll still love Bittorent, I&#39;ll aint gonna change my mind for a while. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
BTW you can use shareaza to run torrent files, and you don&#39;t have to share at all to get high download speeds. I&#39;m getting 600 kbs with only 1kb of upload, which kills the whole purpose of bt. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Definitely sucks.

makkura
Wed, 02-11-2004, 01:26 PM
i tried it and then i decided that i didn&#39;t like it and i uninstalled it and since then i&#39;ve been having problems with bit torrent, i reinstalled bit torrent, it works now but i still get a weird pop up saying some thing about cookies i think.

can anyone help me ?

Toruxxx
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:42 AM
i started liking this damn program hate it now&#33; i been dl ep70 for about 3 hours now it went real fast at the beginning but its at 99.9% it been like that for about 1 hour now and its dl at 100Kb/s says it has got 10 sec&#39;s left yea right&#33;&#33;&#33;

kodiac
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:49 AM
hrrm i dont like shareazza for torrents but good for everything else but when i turn off the torrent box it still trys to download torrents through it i wanna use bitorrent again can anyone help?

Jman
Thu, 02-12-2004, 04:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kodiac @ Feb 12 2004, 03:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hrrm i dont like shareazza for torrents but good for everything else but when i turn off the torrent box it still trys to download torrents through it i wanna use bitorrent again can anyone help? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well if you have a torrent file on your pc right click on it and look for &quot;Open With&quot; and a list of apps on your pc should come up. Just choose Bittorrent and check the checkbox that says &quot;Always open with this program&quot;. Problem should be solved.

hiroshi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Here&#39;s a major tip to speed up your torrent downloads.

If you&#39;re downloading individual files rather than batch files, then take the exact file name of the torrent (Excluding the .torrent extension), and make a search through the Gnutella networks for the file. Then double click the ones that show the correct file size, and the most sources. Then go to your traffic section and right click your new download, hover over &quot;Advanced&quot; and choose &quot;Advanced Edit&quot;. Copy and past anything that&#39;s in SHA1, Tiger-Root, ED2K onto notepad. Then close this window, cancel the download, and go to the Advanced Edit for your torrent. Then copy and paste these codes into their appropriate boxes, and click OK and everything. Once that&#39;s done, your torrent will now download from the Gnutella networks as well as the torrent network.

But make sure you get a lot of sources before you do that. Because the codes change depending on how many sources are available. So it won&#39;t add any new sources, so the more you find first the better.

As for the 99.9% thing, that&#39;s messed up. It&#39;s probably running at 100Kbps rather than KBps, (Which is something like 10KBps), so if the torrent is a batch and has a filesize of like 10GBs of even 4GBs, and is only downloading at like 10KBps, it&#39;s no wonder it will take a bit to finish it off.

As for file associations, i&#39;ve never un-installed Shareaza so i don&#39;t really know. But if you do as animemaster suggested, then they should associate with the other BT Program again.

Shareaza dosn&#39;t kill the purpose of the BT Network, it&#39;s upload to download rate is in fact comparative. Did you state the 1kb upload by what it says at the bottom right of the application? I really don&#39;t know what happened, but that&#39;s never happened to me. A fluke thing i guess? I really don&#39;t know what happened there.

Mange Sharingan
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Is this illegal?

Just wondering if it is than i cant use it

hiroshi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:37 AM
No. Unlike K++ or K-Lite, the application itself isn&#39;t illegal. In fact, Shareaza hasn&#39;t even been looked at as yet by the authorities. Their concentration was on Kazaa at the time, who knows who they&#39;re going to attack next =P

The application is fine, it&#39;s how you use the application that determines if your &#39;activities&#39; are illegal or not. You can use it to download fansubbed and unlicensed anime just like everyone does for BitTorrent. Or you could possibly use it for other means, such as downloading licensed anime, but i wouldn&#39;t really advice that unless you&#39;re willing to delete it within 24hrs of downloading it. Otherwise, nobody would buy the anime eh? =P

But that&#39;s up to you.
I generally use it for faster downloads on my torrents, and porn lmao XP

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Kaaza isn&#39;t illegal either.

KakashiSensei
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Kazaa used to be great for finding Porn....But alas I havn&#39;t been on Kazaa in sooooo long

Xollence
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.xenogenesis.com/download.jpg

Haha check out the download speed. OMG super fast.

hiroshi
Fri, 02-13-2004, 02:11 AM
I didn&#39;t say Kazaa was illegal, i said K++ or Kazaa-Lite was illegal. They were deemed illegal because they were modified versions of the original program. Since the program has now moved to a pay-to-access system due to the law, it meant that they had to re-enforce their copyright stance and take out the modified versions of their program. Thus making K++ and Kazaa-Lite illegal applications by law.

As for those speeds.... jeez man. that 2.77Mb/s lmao XP
that&#39;s like 2,770Kb/s which is around 277KBps. So it isn&#39;t really as fast as it looks lol XP

But man, you must have a connection faster than 1Mb to reach 277KB download speed O_O;

*Jealous*

hiddenpookie
Fri, 02-13-2004, 12:02 PM
well right now shareaza is great before bt would give like 28kb max with shareaza am gettin like 200 kb wow so kool awsome

hiroshi
Sat, 02-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Oh man, now i feel bad lol XP
The 200kb is probably the 20KB you would of got in your other BT Client.

200Kb = 200Kilobits (20KB)
20KB = 20KiloBytes (200kb)

Well, that&#39;s not really accurate. I always divide by 10, but i think the actual rate is by 8 instead of 10. So you&#39;re actually downloading at 25KBps.

Check your options and make sure the readout is in KB/s and not Kb/s.

Xollence
Sat, 02-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Hehe it was downloading at 750kb and then it went up to that amount. Oh well, I got it in a few minutes so that&#39;s all that counts. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif